Mistakes made that led to Casey being aquitted...

Prosecution's persistence on the chloroform as the method of death when there wasn't really anything to back that up in the eyes of the jury. Had they only know about the fool proof suffocation searches I feel their case would have been built very differently.
I would hope so but the forensic evidence went completely over their heads, JMO.

I will never forget Nancy Grace, when the jury did a finding of "Not Guilty" for "tot mom". Her expression was priceless. Literally, her mouth dropped open, she was absolutely speechless.

I watched the trial on Court TV, and I personally think, that if the prosecution had gone for manslaughter or negligence, she would have been found guilty. When it was a death penalty case, and the jurors had a slight doubt...they didn't go with "reasonable doubt", they did a hard stop, and decided to aquit.
BBM: My mouth was also dropped open along with a look of total disbelief.

I will never forget Nancy Grace, when the jury did a finding of "Not Guilty" for "tot mom". Her expression was priceless. Literally, her mouth dropped open, she was absolutely speechless.

I watched the trial on Court TV, and I personally think, that if the prosecution had gone for manslaughter or negligence, she would have been found guilty. When it was a death penalty case, and the jurors had a slight doubt...they didn't go with "reasonable doubt", they did a hard stop, and decided to aquit.
You would think that if the corpse had duct tape over the mouth and nose that the jury would realize that this baby girl was murdered. JMO

You would think that if the corpse had duct tape over the mouth and nose that the jury would realize that this baby girl was murdered. JMO

There is a lot that could be said here. Casey Anthony is interesting, she will end up with what she deserves. #karma I truly believe this.

Missing the 'foolproof suffocation' search done on the home computer was the hugest mistake, probably costing the prosecution the trial. They couldn't have used experts when looking at that computer. Along with the 'how to make chloroform searches' that would have been serious.
And if Stan Strickland had remained the judge, there would have been no bs allowed by Baez, and no moving the defense table so that Casey's facial reactions could be viewed by the jury as silent testimony.
Would have been a totally different trial! And would Strickland have allowed Baez' opening statement?

Missing the 'foolproof suffocation' search done on the home computer was the hugest mistake, probably costing the prosecution the trial. They couldn't have used experts when looking at that computer. Along with the 'how to make chloroform searches' that would have been serious.
And if Stan Strickland had remained the judge, there would have been no bs allowed by Baez, and no moving the defense table so that Casey's facial reactions could be viewed by the jury as silent testimony.
Would have been a totally different trial! And would Strickland have allowed Baez' opening statement?
DOES ANYONE EVER SEE A NEW TRIAL AND JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE? I'm losing my marbles this woman is out living her life!!

While a sequestered jury may have been necessary, too many things were done IMO that led to jurors "over bonding." Weekend trips to Disney, the "Dessert Lady" BS and so on led to bonded jurors who engaged in group think. No way would they be comfortable fighting it out with fellow jurors nor would they be comfortable deliberating when some jurors had vacations plans. There's plenty of blame to go around but I think the judge carried a lot of the responsibility. I think too he made errors in rulings re: selection of jurors.
MOO

One, main thing for me:

Judge Perry ordering one of the strictest sequestrations ever, such that the jurors were almost prisoners themselves.

There were multiple lesser-included charges such as child neglect or manslaughter, that the jury could have found her guilty of. They chose none. Not one. Why? IMO because it would have extended their 8 week sequestration to a penalty phase.

During the sequestration, they were not allowed to go to the hotel pool or bar. They couldn’t watch tv. They didn’t have phones. They were given pre-approved movies to watch. They had to have books approved. No newspapers. They had visits with their families, supervised, in a picnic area, once per week. Their rooms were guarded.

To me, that was punitive.

Since the verdict, such strict sequestration has not happened much at all. Courts around the country paid attention.

Just think about it. Did the state fail to prove even child neglect? The only charge they found her guilty of was the only charge that didn’t necessitate a penalty phase.

I still remember (but can no longer find) an article featuring an anonymous juror who spoke about how they could merely look out the window of the hotel, down at the sparkling pool that they couldn’t use. Why mention that when talking about the verdict?

"The State didn't prove their case for first degree murder."

That's just an opinion. And in my opinion, you could form 50 different juries and the majority would believe the State did prove their case, and would've convicted her. MOO.

And I also don't believe any of this fluff about how George is somehow a criminal, murderous mastermind. Tank you Jose Baez for randomly throwing out accusations he was a "pilaf rice-file folder" with zero evidence.

She is, for some reason, an excellent liar despite seeming, by and large, rather dense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back