Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

Came home from vacation and read the paper...so glad that Annie's pic and that article was published. Thanks for all your hard work KLEE in trying to solve this.

I *HATE* to bring this up...because people are very quick to yell out infamous killers names around any unsolved murder...but I was reading about Bundy. Here is what stood out: he spent time in CA, WA, OR. He murdered young teen/college age women. He occasionally had hunting knives. He sometimes left his victims off the side of the roads in forested areas. He was active during this time. He generally seemed to target women with darker, long hair.

IF (on the very slight chance) he murdered Annie, maybe we could pinpoint the cities he was in during 1970-1971 and see who was missing from there?
A very long long shot.

....I *HATE* to bring this up...because people are very quick to yell out infamous killers names around any unsolved murder...but I was reading about Bundy. Here is what stood out: he spent time in CA, WA, OR. He murdered young teen/college age women. He occasionally had hunting knives. He sometimes left his victims off the side of the roads in forested areas. He was active during this time. He generally seemed to target women with darker, long hair...

Snipped for space

The only thing I really don't like about Bundy is that I don't think he ever killed in California, He killed one girl in Corvallis, but that is a good five hour drive north from where Annie was found.

In 1971 he was a full-time student at the University of Washington (Although that means nothing since she was estimated to have died over what I'm guessing would have been summer vacation) and he also volunteered his time at the crisis phone center with Ann Rule during those days. His first known victim died in 1973, I don't trust a word from his mouth. He said some really weird and interesting things to keep him from the chair as long as possible. So anything they can scientifically prove is IMO, far better than something he pulled out of thin air to keep him alive

I wonder if any good tips have come in since the article was published.

The knife had deer blood on it. What does that mean? The only thing I can come up with is someone saw a dead deer at the side of the road, pulled over and butchered it. In the process of cleaning/ loading up the truck accidentally left the knife there. The second is essentially the same thing, but a hunter loading up a carcass into a truck and the knife fell and was left behind. So probably the knife is coincidental. I just don't see how a deer came into play with Annie.

I do not think the knife with the deer blood is related to Annie either. I think it is just one of those things of chance, and ended up close to her only by coincidence....I know I see serial killers everywhere......but I don't trust Bundy or any of the others either.......many of them were out hunting at times that they denied.......I still think the most likely way of identifying her is to just start submitting girls by height and etc......until we find the one that fits.......I know it is taking the long way, but we do not actually know if any of the items are linked with her.......and to me she still looks like she was simply dumped there......sad as that is......so she could have been from anywhere.

probably a long shot & i don't recall seeing her name mentioned & i am so sorry its been so long since i looked at Annie :-( I saw Janet Ann Kramer on charley tonight & i just thought i should share it. A huge long shot because a couple of things are out but because she was in a group home, possibly the info isnt so accurate?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kramer_janet.html

probably a long shot & i don't recall seeing her name mentioned & i am so sorry its been so long since i looked at Annie :-( I saw Janet Ann Kramer on charley tonight & i just thought i should share it. A huge long shot because a couple of things are out but because she was in a group home, possibly the info isnt so accurate?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kramer_janet.html

Could be......nose does not look quite right.....neither does shape of the face.....but recons can be off on details......so I think it is a possible.

I have read all 12 pages a couple of times now. I also sense that Annie was probably headed north. I wonder if she could have been from as far away as Alaska? I've checked Doenetwork/Namus for missing persons in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Canada, and Alaska. I didn't see anyone whom I thought could be a strong match for Annie. It does appear that she hasn't been reported missing. But, I do believe that someone somewhere has been missing her. Over the years they've wondered about her and wondered where she is and what she's up to. We need to find out who she was so that she can finally go home.

I've been wondering what drew Annie to northern California. Does anyone know if there may have been some sort of musical festival in northern California around 1970/71? I'm thinking along the lines of something sort of like Woodstock. Maybe. I don't know I'm sort of rambling.

I hope and pray that Annie does evetually get identified. It's so sad that she's been gone for so long without her name, and her loved ones not knowing what happened to her.

Since we aren't sure when she passed, it is hard to say what festivals were going on then. In the summer around southern oregon there are a lot of music festivals, but I am sure that is the same everywhere.

You need to remember, Annie only has a sketch......and a recon.....so, sticking to the basics gives many more possibles. She could be one of the kids in the 70's that vanished from foster care......or she could have went missing from a group home. In this case......close counts.......as it can be very important. Many girls profiles show they were last seen several years before missing report was filed. Any of them can be Annie.

I have read all 12 pages a couple of times now. I also sense that Annie was probably headed north. I wonder if she could have been from as far away as Alaska? I've checked Doenetwork/Namus for missing persons in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Canada, and Alaska. I didn't see anyone whom I thought could be a strong match for Annie. It does appear that she hasn't been reported missing. But, I do believe that someone somewhere has been missing her. Over the years they've wondered about her and wondered where she is and what she's up to. We need to find out who she was so that she can finally go home.

I've been wondering what drew Annie to northern California. Does anyone know if there may have been some sort of musical festival in northern California around 1970/71? I'm thinking along the lines of something sort of like Woodstock. Maybe. I don't know I'm sort of rambling.

I hope and pray that Annie does evetually get identified. It's so sad that she's been gone for so long without her name, and her loved ones not knowing what happened to her.

The big attraction in that part of Oregon is natural beauty -- the redwoods along the Redwood Highway, spectacular Crater Lake, rugged coasts and old ghost towns. http://southernoregon.org/home

My guess is that she was traveling with her husband, camping from their car, and there was a domestic violence incident that ended in her death.

This probably has nothing to do with this UIP but, I found the timing of this snippet of an old Eureka, CA newspaper article, June 30, 1971, and the location of the commune destination interesting, thinking about a teenage runaway leaving Berkeley and looking to go join some commune back then is a possibility.

Girl Returns . i " f To Berkeley A 10 year-old -Berkeley girl who had been abandoned at the fable Blulf Lighthouse commune last week has been returned to that city In custody of the Probation · Department ' there pending full investigation t into the case. Amelia Valencia Coyne, who was .suffering^ from bronchitis and poison oak, was brought to the Welfare Department here by residents.of the commune, who said she had been left there by a teenaged boy and girl who were en route to another commune near-Cave Junction, Ore. At .the time the" younger girl said she had permission from her mother to make the trip. In Ihe meantime she has been under the care of the Humboldt County Probation Department's juvenile section

http://www.newspapers.com/newspage/47133313/

I believe it's supposed to say "Bluff" Lighthouse Commune: (Creepy looking place.):

http://whyilovehumboldt.blogspot.com/2012/07/lighthouse-ranch.html

So, was there another commune located near where Annie was found? Could she have been one of the two teenagers on their way there?

Well they say the commune was near Cave Junction and that is exactly where she was found.

Maybe she was in a commune, I've never thought of that before

I'm sure there's maps posted here as to where she was found, the article I read said Mile post 35 on Hwy 199. So is that mile post 35 in relation to CA border or what? (Sorry I don't understand this kind of thing very well.)

This looks like the same material as found with the victim. No buttons, but same material, too bad this coat also has no markings/tags.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/80738418/vintage-wool-pink-and-grey-jacket?ref=related-4

Bump!

I'm out in Cali right now, thinking about driving 101 to the Redwood highway and driving past where she was found on the way back home.

I still hope every day that I'll see the IDENTIFIED tag next to this thread, it's been far too long for her to be away from her loved ones.

Bump!

I'm out in Cali right now, thinking about driving 101 to the Redwood highway and driving past where she was found on the way back home.

I still hope every day that I'll see the IDENTIFIED tag next to this thread, it's been far too long for her to be away from her loved ones.

I agree, she has been away from home far to long. Families with one missing do not heal, I can tell you that from personal experience.
The commune theory is a good one, they were very popular then. At some point though, surely someone missed her?
I wish they'd do an updated reconstruction on her. Technology has come so far since hers was done.

From what the locals have told me, there were quite a few commune type places in So OR and No CA around that time period.

Milepost 35- Cave Junction is near the CA border so my guess is that it is 35 mi away from the border. I know on I-5 here in OR that is how it is done, so I am guessing it is the same with Redwood hwy.

Taking the Redwood Hwy in that area- well, it is more of a scenic road. Or for people going from the coast inland to Medford or Grants Pass, OR (or surrounding towns), Yreka or Redding CA area. It is not the fastest way by far for traveling between the major western cities.

F.W. Woolworth was a parent company to other stores where the shoes could have been purchased ( Woolco for one). They were predominately located in east and north east US and Canada. I am not certain when they moved west but that can be found.!

There was a Woolworth's in Merced before I was born (1960s) and the old Woolworth's building in Sacramento was built in 1956. So they were in Central California long before Annie was found.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
|lighthouse|
Back