PTL (Peach Tree Landing)

when you listen to Terry Elvis interview with Peter Hyatt, Terry Elvis states that it became "abundantly" clear minutes after being at PTL that something wasn't right

I thought maybe he and the police officer spotted something but that could not be true otherwise they would have made it a crime scene right away. Instead, imo, he tried several times to call Heather on her phone and it went straight to voicemail and this was out of character for her to not have been in contact with anyone. I think the police were foolish in not blocking the area off but I don't know how long a person has to be missing before an official investigation is opened

I know that Terry Elvis was panicked when he got home and it was late and it just wasn't right...just shortly after that I think a few hours is when he reported her missing. Probably when he checked the cell phone records.

If Terry was allowed to drive the car home, then I don't think the officer thought it was abundantly clear that something was off. Also, even with the phone records and whatever was at PTL, it still was not enough for a search warrant.

If Terry thought something was off, perhaps it was something related to something personal of Heather's, rather than evidence that a murder had been committed.

on Dec 19, the car was reported as having been there for awhile, LE went to Terry Elvis' home after looking up the license plate and identifying the owner, LE and Terry Elvis went to PTL so that Terry Elvis could identify the car, LE and Terry Elvis looked around PTL, Terry Elvis tried contacting Heather while at PTL but got no answer, Terry Elvis drove the car home, Terry Elvis knew something was not right and that Heather would not just leave her car there and NOT answer her phone, Terry Elvis reported Heather missing on Dec. 20, that is when PTL became a crime scene. :(

i hope that answered your question...if i have anything wrong, others i'm sure will correct me. thanks in advance

Thank you! But, no, not exactly. I do appreciate your answer, and am aware of this sequence of events, but have not read that PTL was made a crime scene on Dec. 20. Do you have a source? Was evidence collected?

I have tried to find this out for months, as I have neither read nor heard of a crime scene on the 20th. Was a crime scene identified there? Cordoned off?

It even makes less sense that Terry Elvis, knowing "something was wrong within the first 20 minutes," would drive the car home. That car was certainly part of the "crime scene."

ETA: Wait a minute. No one knew any crime had been committed on Dec. 20th, the car was gone, and Heather was not presumed kidnapped or murdered, just missing. I don't see how PTL could have been considered a crime scene then, which begs the question, again:

When was PTL considered a crime scene and what was done about it?

Thank you! But, no, not exactly. I do appreciate your answer, and am aware of this sequence of events, but have not read that PTL was made a crime scene on Dec. 20. Do you have a source? Was evidence collected?

I have tried to find this out for months, as I have neither read nor heard of a crime scene on the 20th. Was a crime scene identified there? Cordoned off?

It even makes less sense that Terry Elvis, knowing "something was wrong within the first 20 minutes," would drive the car home. That car was certainly part of the "crime scene."

ETA: Wait a minute. No one knew any crime had been committed on Dec. 20th, the car was gone, and Heather was not presumed kidnapped or murdered, just missing. I don't see how PTL could have been considered a crime scene then, which begs the question, again:

There was no rain between Dec 17 & Dec 20. Maybe luminol showed blood spatter.

Which brings me back to what the heck is the evidence that makes them think she was murdered at PTL? Rhetorical question, really, but it is interesting to see what everyone else can think of. To my mind, if the above quote is correct ( and I believe to be so with the exception that the report was made on the 19th and verified on the 20th, and I am not sure if it was ever declared a crime scene until the bond hearing), that would mean something to effect that rob mentioned: that there might be video that shows the truck going one direction with an empty bed, and the other direction with something (a tarp covering something, something wrapped in a blanket, anything that is not specifically identifiable, but could be proven NOT to be there on the way to PTL) OR that something was found during the search ( in the water, woods, car, etc) that points that direction. (I like the shoe theory, BTW)

This is exactly what I'm thinking. This is a rural area. No large business. We kept looking for anywhere that would probably have a security camera, nothing seemed likely. I can certainly imagine that no one would feel at that time of the morning, putting something, possibly wrapped up, in the back of a truck would be seen by anyone, especially a camera. But if the truck went in empty and came out with something obviously in the back, it would be suspicious and hard for the M's to explain.

http://.blogspot.com/2014/02/terry-elvis-this-week-on-statement.htmlSC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #30***ARREST** - Page 31 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It even makes less sense that Terry Elvis, knowing "something was wrong within the first 20 minutes," would drive the car home. That car was certainly part of the "crime scene.

http://.blogspot.com/2014/02/terry-elvis-this-week-on-statement.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-writes-essay-pain-missing-daughter-article-1.1585321

I'm having a hard time with my tablet but here is the interview Terry Elvis did with Peter Hyatt and a daily news article

In my above post I believe those pics were from 12/20 when they searched the landing.

I probably shouldn't have used the word crime but I believe they were searching the area right after she was reported missing I could be wrong

Thanks! I remember those photos and asking about them, and the fire truck, when I saw them posted.

ETA: That makes sense, and I feel better knowing whether it was officially designated as a crime scene or not, that it was searched on that date. (Seeing the fire truck back when the photos were posted caused me to question what the truck was doing there and what they were doing there.)

IMOO After the CC video was reviewed by LE, the video showed the date of Heather's last sighting..and the appearance of the M's...at PTL.

Combined with the cell records a crime scene was identified. IMOO

IMOO After the CC video was reviewed by LE, the video showed the date of Heather's last sighting..and the appearance of the M's...at tad aaa PTL.

Combined with the cell records a crime scene was identified. IMOO

Yes, true. What I was trying to figure out was: How long before LE recognized PTL as crime scene, or possible crime scene?

ISWMLE pointed out that the photos with the fire truck were taken on Dec. 20th and were related to Heather's disappearance. (Wonder what the fire truck was there for, and I wonder if they did have crime scene techs there, or just did a generalized search to see if they saw anything unusual?)

That's good to know. But usually people with barking dogs let them bark and don't come out and check on them unless the pitch changes. Did anyone come out and check on the dogs to quiet them when you were there?

I can only say that I was out there for the vigils - and I didn't notice any dogs barking -- and there was a LOT of commotion and people --- I'd think if they were big barkers - I'd have noticed or heard them at some point? Anyone else attend the vigil and notice any dogs barking?

Yes, true. What I was trying to figure out was: How long before LE recognized PTL as crime scene, or possible crime scene?

ISWMLE pointed out that the photos with the fire truck were taken on Dec. 20th and were related to Heather's disappearance. (Wonder what the fire truck was there for, and I wonder if they did have crime scene techs there, or just did a generalized search to see if they saw anything unusual?)

The firetruck's ladder is used to search the immediate area in difficult terrain. The FD did this one block over from me a few years ago searching the sea oats for something...or someone. I walked over there but they wouldn't say why they were searching. That's my guess about why the fire truck was at PTL during the search on the 20th of Dec.

when you listen to Terry Elvis interview with Peter Hyatt, Terry Elvis states that it became "abundantly" clear minutes after being at PTL that something wasn't right

I thought maybe he and the police officer spotted something but that could not be true otherwise they would have made it a crime scene right away. Instead, imo, he tried several times to call Heather on her phone and it went straight to voicemail and this was out of character for her to not have been in contact with anyone. I think the police were foolish in not blocking the area off but I don't know how long a person has to be missing before an official investigation is opened

I know that Terry Elvis was panicked when he got home and it was late and it just wasn't right...just shortly after that I think a few hours is when he reported her missing. Probably when he checked the cell phone records.
I guess I think "abundantly clear" to a parent, and "abundantly clear" to a police officer can be two different things. Terry Elvis might have thought that it was clear things were not right at PTL due to the actual location of the car, or things in the car (like the license) or the fact that it had been there for days. As a parent, that would make it really clear to me that something wasn't right, because my daughter would never just leave a working car sitting somewhere for days. It would not happen. But an abandoned car is just an abandoned car to a police officer, without more corroborating facts that the person who owns it has not been seen for days.

I don't think PTL was declared a crime scene until much later, but that is JMO.

I like this picture! I went to MB last week and got my husband to take me to the boat landing and drive by their home. (he had a cow about it) But you see how close those mobile homes are, and there is a house there too, on the left side, facing the water. Access from a different street, but I could throw a rock and hit any one of them from the boat landing (52 yr old female, not a good throwing arm). Made me and him both think the car was just dumped there and nothing happened, cause a scream, yell or gunshot, really even a couple of people arguing, could be heard, especially early morning hours.

I agree with you. Those houses are too close for screaming or an argument to not be heard. I also think that if TM/SM pointed a gun at Heather and told her to go with them quietly...she would. JMO

I guess I think "abundantly clear" to a parent, and "abundantly clear" to a police officer can be two different things. Terry Elvis might have thought that it was clear things were not right at PTL due to the actual location of the car, or things in the car (like the license) or the fact that it had been there for days. As a parent, that would make it really clear to me that something wasn't right, because my daughter would never just leave a working car sitting somewhere for days. It would not happen. But an abandoned car is just an abandoned car to a police officer, without more corroborating facts that the person who owns it has not been seen for days.

BBM I agree with you 100%. I don't really think any physical evidence was found at the PTL that set his suspicions off. If it was, it is a well-kept secret. I believe that Terry immediately called Heather's phone and it went straight to voicemail. No one had seen or heard from Heather in close to two days. Her car had been sitting there at PTL for two days. I also believe he called Heather's roommate and after he explained the circumstances to her, she told him that Heather was involved with a married man and he had a jealous wife that Heather was afraid of. Plus, she probably told Terry that Heather had been contacted by SM that evening and he was asking her to meet him. After Terry put all of this together, he knew something was terribly wrong. MOO

i listened to the tape again and again, at around the 19:35 minute mark, is where Terry Elvis leads into where he states, " it became abundantly clear". What was said prior to that was Peter Hyatt asking Terry Elvis, i will paraphrase: is it fair to say that the police first indicated that something happened against Heather's will? Terry Elvis said, at this date, yes, but then states in the very beginning, the FIRST 20 minutes ( when he and the police arrived at PTL) they (the police) thought it was a "walk away", then states "it became abundantly clear". i took that to mean that Terry Elvis AND the police knew it was abundantly clear that this was NO walkaway , but you could be right

strange though that the police wrote the missing persons report that same evening at 11:10pm ( iirc, the police drove Terry Elvis to PTL at around 7pm) and allowed Terry Elvis to take the car home??? this really doesn't make any sense to me

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/loc...1e3-a440-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=image&photo=2

also 6 phone calls were made to Heather's phone while en route to PTL, 3 from Terry and 3 from his wife. so if it means anything, Terry Elvis and his wife were trying to reach Heather, Terry in the police car, on his way to PTL, and his wife from their home or where ever she was at

please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, thanks in advance

listen here: http://.blogspot.com/2014/02/terry-elvis-this-week-on-statement.html

eta: after reading the police report, it seems to me, imo, that while at PTL, Terry Elvis contacted Heather's date and he told them that when he dropped Heather off, her car was parked in the driveway of her apartment...so that could be why it then became "abundantly clear" that something was not right and her car should not have been there....again, smh as to why the police allowed Terry Elvis to drive the car home???

BBM I agree with you 100%. I don't really think any physical evidence was found at the PTL that set his suspicions off. If it was, it is a well-kept secret. I believe that Terry immediately called Heather's phone and it went straight to voicemail. No one had seen or heard from Heather in close to two days. Her car had been sitting there at PTL for two days. I also believe he called Heather's roommate and after he explained the circumstances to her, she told him that Heather was involved with a married man and he had a jealous wife that Heather was afraid of. Plus, she probably told Terry that Heather had been contacted by SM that evening and he was asking her to meet him. After Terry put all of this together, he knew something was terribly wrong. MOO

So you don't think Mr. Elvis knew about Heather seeing a married man until that night?
I don't know why but I thought Mr. Elvis knew Heather had 'dated' SM. :blushing:

WMBFnews.com

Community designates site to remember Heather Elvis

A vigil was held today in Heather's honor at PTL.

So you don't think Mr. Elvis knew about Heather seeing a married man until that night?
I don't know why but I thought Mr. Elvis knew Heather had 'dated' SM. :blushing:

I feel like he didn't. He mentioned the 'possibly violent ex' but was that something he already knew, or BW told him? I kind of thought he already knew that, but I always wondered if the ex was not a cover for SM. Or possibly the alleged incident where Heather was hurt- always thought she might have blamed a 'possibly violent ex' to friends/families to cover up for a more sinister female. JMO.

I feel like he didn't. He mentioned the 'possibly violent ex' but was that something he already knew, or BW told him? I kind of thought he already knew that, but I always wondered if the ex was not a cover for SM. Or possibly the alleged incident where Heather was hurt- always thought she might have blamed a 'possibly violent ex' to friends/families to cover up for a more sinister female. JMO.

Ohh, that makes sense nosysw! Good thought about the sinister female too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallgirl
Back