SIDEBAR #24- Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it horrible ? Those poor kids were so out of it, they didn't even have a clue, and ended up freezing to death. It's almost unthinkable, and unbelievable. So sad. :(

They didn't appear to be drug users (tho according to the man's brother he had been experimenting). If this was a first experience for either, it sure reinforces why not to try the drugs that are out and easily available. Tho you can say it 'til you're blue in the face and if they want to try, they will. As a parent, it still breaks my heart to pieces and leaves me so uncomfortable -- even somewhat scared for our kids/grandkids. :please:

Storms building up south of Dallas and moving in. Didn't have time for a nap...grandson had dr. appointment in Grapevine, needed to get his duffel bag from friend in Frisco. Stopped at Walgreen to pick up his prescription and checked to see if there were any new Sinful colors in red, and now am home and using Cross My Heart on fingers and toes before I have to fight with three dogs that want a ride in the car and a hamburger to Addison to pick up Anna (it would be nice if she'd get her car fixed) and back home to pack and take grandson to airport to spend ten days visiting other grandparents, and hope he comes back more grateful then when he left.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wREBD2og5iY

You are some busy person. :scared:

Trial withdrawal will begin soon. What to do? What to do?

I guess it's ok to post this as it's OT, maybe not quite like your dog breed post :floorlaugh:, but all and the same it is the side bar and OT is rather standard and typical MO for the :jail:bird's defense. Do we all agree ? :wink:

Seriously, this actually isn't funny at all, but bizarre and tragic. I just happened to come across it on another thread and thought I would post it here for those who have the time and desire to read, as it is a little long. I have to say I can't even imagine being the dispatcher who was on the opposite end of that 911 call. :(

http://www.copronason.com/meth.htm

Just a preview:

Those poor kids. :eek::anguish:

I had to find out more, if anyone is interested:

11588892_SA.jpg

What Ever Happened to Janelle Hornickel's Family:

"Twilla Hornickel, Janelle's mom, said, "There's always a hole. So, since her death did come right after Christmas, it's a hard time."

Janelle would've been 25 now, a graduate of Creighton University and likely working in human resources.

"She'd probably have a family. She wanted to have a family. She always liked kids," said Twilla.

Meth destroyed those dreams. Instead, the Hornickel family got a nightmare they never saw coming.

"It wasn't as if her life was drugs," said Twilla. "She had a purpose in life."

In May 2005, the Hornickels tried to find a purpose in her death and agreed to interview with National Geographic.

The program titled "World's Most Dangerous Drug" talks about how meth affects the brain the first time it's used. It's a message of prevention heard around the world...

So, what exactly is crystal meth? It's a very pure, smokeable form of methamphetamine that can also be snorted or injected.

Drug experts say it's abused because of the exaggerated feeling of happiness it gives the user.

Meth can cause erratic, violent behavior and hallucinations. In the long run, it can cause extreme brain damage, comas and even death. Signs of meth abuse include weight loss, tooth decay and sores on the body from picking at skin."

http://www.nebraska.tv/story/11588892/what-ever-happened-to-janelle-hornickels-family

World's Most Dangerous Drug (Video from Nat Geo):

Long version (45+ min):

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/explorer/videos/worlds-most-dangerous-drug/

Short version:

World's Most Dangerous Drug - YouTube

-------------------------------------

There but for the grace of God, go my sons.

but_for_the_grace_of_god_posters-rfb5c6e56891b4dc59fed7cc85db36229_axo6_8byvr_512.jpg

Trial withdrawal will begin soon. What to do? What to do?

Did you finish your Spring cleaning? :floorlaugh: (I'm almost done- it's taking me sooooooo long to finish :tantrum:)

Hulsey will back in a couple of weeks. What about the Elizabeth Marriott trial- are you following that? is it over?

Hang with us here at the Sidebar and post something..... :loveyou:

:seeya:

Did you finish your Spring cleaning? :floorlaugh: (I'm almost done- it's taking me sooooooo long to finish :tantrum:)

Hulsey will back in a couple of weeks. What about the Elizabeth Marriott trial- are you following that? is it over?

Hang with us here at the Sidebar and post something..... :loveyou:

:seeya:

I've had it with spring cleaning. Saving the rest of it for the winter...

Closing arguments are tomorrow in the Lizzi Marriott trial. OP trial should resume in about a week but that can get a tad annoying.....

OK....I'll hang out with youse guys!:loveyou:

Just realized I missed Baby Boomer by one year! I'm a Silent Generation and a Boomer wannabe.

I am not a fan of Tom Cruise. Something about him annoys me.
However, in the Rice novels I was a fan of Lestat.

RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD can be tedious

Sorry that password has expired- you must register a new one.

Did anyone discover that password and hack my computer?

No, but your password has expired- you must get a new one.

Why then do I need a new one as that one seems to be working pretty good?

Well, you must get a new one as they automatically expire every 30 days.

Can I use the old one and just re-register it?

No, you must get a new one.

I don't want a new one as that is one more thing for me to remember.

Sorry, you must get a new one.

OK, roses

Sorry you must use more letters.

OK, pretty roses

No good, you must use at least one numerical space.

OK, 1 pretty rose

Sorry, you cannot use blank spaces.

OK, 1prettyrose

Sorry, you must use additional spaces.

OK, 1uckingprettyrose

Sorry, you must use at least one capital letter.

OK, 1UCKINGprettyrose

Sorry, you cannot use more than one capital letter in a row.

OK, 1uckingprettyrose

Sorry, you cannot use that password as you must use additional letters.

OK, 1UCKINGprettyroseshovedupyourazzifyoudon'tgivemeac cessrightuckingnow

Sorry, you cannot use that password as it is already being used.

--------------------------
Can You Help Me (Call to Customer Support)

Help Desk; may I help you?"

"Yes, well, I'm having trouble with typing."
"What sort of trouble?"
"Well, I was just typing along, and all of a sudden the words went away."
"Went away?"
"They disappeared."

"Hmm. So what does your screen look like now?"
"Nothing."
"Nothing?"
"It's blank; it won't accept anything when I type."

"Are you still in Word, or did you get out?"
"How do I tell?"
"Never mind. Can you move the cursor around on the screen?"
"There isn't any cursor: I told you, it won't accept anything I type."

"Does your monitor have a power indicator?"
"What's a monitor?"
"It's the thing with the screen on it that looks like a TV. Does it have a little light that tells you when it's on?"
"I don't know."

"Well, then look on the back of the monitor and find where the power cord goes into it. Can you see that?"
...."Yes, I think so."

"Great! Follow the cord to the plug, and tell me if it's plugged into the wall."
......."Yes, it is."
"When you were behind the monitor, did you notice that there were two cables plugged into the back of it, not just one?"
"No."
"Well, there are. I need you to look back there again and find the other cable."
......."Okay, here it is."

"Follow it for me, and tell me if it's plugged securely into the back of your computer."
"I can't reach."
"Uh huh. Well, can you see if it is?"
"No."

"Even if you maybe put your knee on something and lean way over?"
"Oh, it's not because I don't have the right angle-it's because it's dark."
"Dark?"
"Yes-the office light is off, and the only light I have is coming in from the window."
"Well, turn on the office light then."
"I can't."
"No? Why not?"
"Because there's a power cut."

"A power... A power cut? Aha! Okay, we've got it licked now. Do you still have the boxes and manuals and packing stuff your computer came in?"
"Well, yes, I keep them in the closet."

"Good! Go get them, and unplug your system and pack it up just like it was when you got it. Then take it back to the store you bought it from."
"Really? Is it that bad?"
"Yes, I'm afraid it is."

"Well, all right then, I suppose. What do I tell them?"
"Tell them you're not ready to own a computer."

----------------------------------------

Just One Thing

This guy dies and meets St. Peter at the pearly gates. Peter gets out his book on this guy's life and says, "You know, you've lived a pretty average life, You haven't done anything so bad that I would feel really right about sending you down below, but you haven't really done anything that good either. I'll tell you what--if you can tell me just one thing you did during your life that was really good, I'll let you in."

The guy says, "okay, well I was driving down the highway when I saw this gang of bikers assaulting this girl. So I slammed on my brakes, grabbed my tire iron, jumped out of my car and ran straight at the leader of the pack. He was huge, with a mohawk haircut, hairy all over, and he had a huge link chain running from his nose to his ear. So I grabbed his chain, pulled as hard as I could, and whapped him on the head.

Then I turned to his gang and screamed, 'who wants some of this!! Who wants some pain!!!'"

St. Peter is extremely impressed, and says, "wow, I had no idea. That is really something. When did this happen?"

And the guy says, "oh, about 2 minutes ago."

------------------------------------

7 Kinds of Sex

Recent research shows that there are 7 kinds of sex:

The 1st kind of sex is called: Smurf Sex. This kind of sex happens when you first meet someone and you both have sex until you are blue in the face.

The 2nd kind of sex is called: Kitchen Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for a short time and you are so horny you will have sex anywhere, even in the kitchen.

The 3rd kind of sex is called: Bedroom Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for a long time. Your sex has gotten routine and you usually have sex only in your bedroom.

The 4th kind of sex is called: ! Hallway Sex. This is when you have been with your partner for too long. When you pass each other in the hallway you both say "screw you".

The 5th kind of sex is called: Courtroom Sex. This is when you cannot stand your wife any more. She takes you to court and screws you in front of everyone.

The 6th kind is called Religious Sex, which means you get Nun in the morning, Nun in the afternoon and Nun at night.

OOPS. Don't forget the 7th kid of sex - Social Security Sex. You get a little each month. But not enough to live on!

-----------------------------------

The Irish Farmer

A man owned a small farm in Ireland . The Irish Internal Revenue
determined he was not paying proper wages to his staff and sent an
investigator out to interview him.

> "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them!",
> demanded the investigator.
>
> "Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me
> for three years. I pay him 200 Euro a week plus free room and board.
>
> "The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her 150 Euro per
> week plus free room and board."
>
> "Then there's the halfwit. He works about 18 hours every day and does
> about 90% of all the work around here.. He makes about 10 Euro a week.
> He pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of whiskey
> every Saturday night. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."
>
> "That's the guy I want to talk to ...the halfwit!" said the agent.
>
> "That would be me," replied the farmer.

-------------------------------
Geography of the Sexes

GEOGRAPHY OF A WOMAN

Between 18 and 22, a woman is like Africa - half discovered, half wild, fertile and naturally beautiful!

Between 23 and 30, a woman is like Europe - well-developed and open to trade, especially
for something of real value.

Between 31 and 35, a woman is like Spain - very hot, relaxed, and convinced of her own beauty.

Between 36 and 40, a woman is like Greece - gently aging, but still a warm and desirable place to visit.

Between 41 and 50, a woman is like Great Britain - with a glorious and all-conquering past..

Between 51 and 60, a woman is like Israel - has been through war, doesn't make the same mistakes
twice and takes care of business.

Between 61 and 70, a woman is like Canada - cool, self-preserving, but open to meeting new people.

After 70, she becomes Tibet - wildly beautiful, with a mysterious past and the wisdom of the ages....
an adventurous spirit and a thirst for spiritual knowledge.

THE GEOGRAPHY OF A MAN

Between 10 and 80, a man is like Iran – ruled by a couple of nuts.
-------------------------------------------
Rides in Heaven

Three men died and stood in front of God.

God asked the first if he had been faithful to his wife. He admitted to two affairs during his marriage. God gave him a compact car to drive in heaven.

The second man admitted to only one affair and was given a midsize car.

The third man was asked the same question and said that he had been faithful to his wife until the day he died. God praised him and gave him a big luxury car.

A week later the three guys met in a parking lot. The man driving the luxury car began to cry.

"What’s the matter?"

"I just passed my wife, and she was riding a bike!"

---------------------------------

Home Remedies
these really work!!

1. Avoid cutting yourself when slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold the vegetables while you chop.

2. Avoid arguments with the females about lifting the toilet seat by using the sink.

3. For high blood pressure sufferers ~ simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure on your veins. Remember to use a timer

4. A mouse trap placed on top of your alarm clock will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.

5. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives. Then you'll be afraid to cough.

6. You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

7. If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
-------------------------

I am not a fan of Tom Cruise. Something about him annoys me.
However, in the Rice novels I was a fan of Lestat.

Yes- he's very annoying to me, also. I can't stand him and don't know why. :facepalm:

I just love, love Anne Rice's novels of vampires, witches, etc. I've read them all.

Just realized I missed Baby Boomer by one year! I'm a Silent Generation and a Boomer wannabe.

Why would you want to be a Boomer? We're suppose to be horrible people, according to the world.

Well- time for me to go to bed with The Golden Girls :facepalm:

See you tomorrow :seeya:

22935.gif

How about photos of the Mighty Hood, the HMS Hood.

h60452.jpg

1280px-HMS_Hood_(51)_-_March_17%2C_1924.jpg

1898905.jpg

You are some busy person. :scared:

Not that busy all the time. This is my first since schools been out, other than that I'm home. I like being at home: I can stay up all night and sleep all day if I want. I can cook and bake anytime I want. We have a big backyard and I can wander around in it when I take the dogs out no matter day or night.

And I don't have to deal with rude people that take their whole family to the store and take up all the aisle, and let you know how put out they are that you're polite enough to wait a few seconds, and then to say excuse me my I get pass you, and I walk off thinking "I'd been smacked on the behind if I was rude growing up".

When Anna was born (remember way back in the old days we were told to stay at home for six weeks before taking a baby out for the first time?), I had a wonderful time taking care of her, no need to go out, whatever I needed or wanted my dh would get. I like being a homebody.

We have several neighbors with the same freedom, and see them out when I'm sitting on the swing on the front porch at three in the morning. About the only thing I can complain about is that everyone has at least one smoker, and seems want to smoke meat all at the same time. Fathers Day weekend was at an all time high. There were four going from three in the morning Saturday till Sunday afternoon. It's makes you wonder what a ham feels like in a smokehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnswersFound