Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAAYYYY.....................FINALLY!!!!!!!

LOL, I must be psychic!:D

fran

Wow, Fran! It was like the Plainfield PD was at your command! You've got the power!

Truck is gone. At least the one he normally drives is. He is now driving a second one, which is a lot noisier.

Hi closeobserver! I wanted to take a minute to welcome you to WS and let you know we appreciate your 'close observances'. It's always nice to have some input from locals, who are 'close'. So, thank you!

closeobserver I would also like to welcome you to websleuths. Thank you for the information that you are sharing with us. With being a close observer you be able to help our members and myself sleuth, Lisa and her precious children have touched our hearts and the will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. IMO Craig S is guilty..

YAAYYYY.....................FINALLY!!!!!!!

LOL, I must be psychic!:D

fran

Fran, we could use your sermon on the mount and psychic powers on a few other threads around here. :D:p :blowkiss:

I don't know if he's gotten rid of all the evidence. But,.............you'd be surprised how the smallest thing can be the last bit of a BIG puzzle that makes the puzzle enough to convict.

(snipped) He just didn't know that she had placed bread crumbs around town that lead right back to him.;)

JMHO
fran

I wonder when garbage day was in their neighborhood. Surely there have been at least two of them since she went missing. :(

I keep thinking of stupid murderers like Hacking, who disposed of their mattress and bought a new one in a rush. D'oh.

Thanks Liz and Windchime. It amazes me how people so far away have such insight, and concern for such a local matter.

More than anything, I hope I'm wrong...but I hope the situation gets resolved quickly. No matter what, the kids are going have a very difficult road. I pray that God touches them and gives them comfort.

It is my understanding Craig worked for the Dial Corp in Montgomery IL.
2000 Aucutt Road
Montgomery IL 60538
Do you think Dial would like to know about this growing controversey?
I was thinking about writing a letter but wonder about slander and/or giving CS a victims excuse. Any thoughts?

There is no way that Dial doesn't know about this. He hasn't been back to work since and you can imagine all the talk going around where he works.

Thanks Liz and Windchime. It amazes me how people so far away have such insight, and concern for such a local matter.

More than anything, I hope I'm wrong...but I hope the situation gets resolved quickly. No matter what, the kids are going have a very difficult road. I pray that God touches them and gives them comfort.

You're welcome, closeobserver. :)

It's nice to know that LE has finally taken some action. I know the element of surprise is at times instrumental, but I just wish they could have waited until today when the children were in school. I worry thinking about how traumatizing that surprise search in the middle of the night may have been to them.

My thoughts are with those dear children. Like you, I pray God gives them strength and comfort throughout this terrible nightmare.

Editing to make last part of post above into a new paragraph & for clarification purposes. I wasn't implying that LE caused the nightmare, I referred to. I meant the "entire terrible nightmare" that the children (as well as Lisa's family & friends) are going through since Lisa went missing.

Liz wrote: "Wow, Fran! It was like the Plainfield PD was at your command! You've got the power!"

LOL, I wish I did. I'm glad LE finally figured out the direction their investigation needed to take.

JDB wrote:"Is that a psychic or Psycho????"

fran says "BOTH!!":D

Taximom wrote: Fran, we could use your sermon on the mount and psychic powers on a few other threads around here.

fran says Taximom, if you're talking about Janet and Michelle, I've participated on both those forums and LE just doesn't seem to be doing the right thing. The signs are all there, but LE seems to have a blind eye. :( Of course, it seemed that way with the March case too, I mean it only took them 20 years.:silenced: It was March's arrogance that finally did him in,.......that and the persistance of Janet's mom and dad. LE was still investigating, it's just that no one knew it, except the victim's family as they had contacts with LE and they had a good standing in the community.

I'd also like to add my welcome to Websleuths to closeobserver. It's always helpful when we get 'local' input on any case PLUS the more heads trying to solve a mystery the better, IMHO. :)

I really am excited that they FINALLY got a SW. It's a shame it's two weeks into the case, but like I said, all they have to do is find one or two things in the wrong place and he's toast. I'm so glad Lisa confided in friends and neighbors. I can full well understand her not telling her family. She might have told them later, after the divorce, but before, she was trying to make things right. If your family thinks your husband is a bas#@**, it makes it much more difficult to work things out. I KNOW she would have told them once things were over and done with.

Like Midnite used to say on the SP thread, the most difficult part of a murder is the elephant in the middle of the room, ie body. If there is no body, it's much tougher to make a case. That's why so many women, much more than before IMO, are 'disappearing' without a trace. We've all seen that when there is no body, it's so difficult to 'prove' a crime was even committed.

This guy is acting just like Jason Young, IMHO. Refusing to talk to the media, LE, no polygraph, lawyering up ASAP, cutting the children off from the wife's family. It ALMOST worked for March, but EARTH TO CRAIG!!! March got caught! and so will you.

JMHO
fran

PS.........Taximom........ugh!! Please don't talk about trash pick-up. I hate that. Having to dig through piles of rubbish. Oh, that makes me sick. Throwing their wife away, the one they vowed to love, honor, and cherish, the mother of your children, throwing her away like a piece of trash. How sad is that?:( ..........fran

You're welcome, closeobserver. :)

It's nice to know that LE has finally taken some action. I know the element of surprise is at times instrumental, but I just wish they could have waited until today when the children were in school. I worry thinking about how traumatizing that surprise search in the middle of the night may have been to them. My thoughts are with those dear children. Like you, I pray God gives them strength and comfort throughout this terrible nightmare.

Liz:
You know it is sad that the children were home, but in a way it was a good move, IMO. They're not babies and although this could effect them for the rest of their lives, we need to remember it wasn't LE who placed the kids in this position, IMO it was Craig. I think if the kids see the seriousness of this and that their mom won't be coming home, IF they suspect their dad, they may talk.........I know this sounds harsh to some,...............but if THAT'S one of the ways they can catch this guy, so be it.

Better for them to catch him, even with putting the kids through a little trauma, than for them to NOT do anything, Craig gets to keep the kids and gets away with murder. Better they are traumitized than live their life with a murderer.

JMHO
fran

Liz:
You know it is sad that the children were home, but in a way it was a good move, IMO. They're not babies and although this could effect them for the rest of their lives, we need to remember it wasn't LE who placed the kids in this position, IMO it was Craig. I think if the kids see the seriousness of this and that their mom won't be coming home, IF they suspect their dad, they may talk.........I know this sounds harsh to some,...............but if THAT'S one of the ways they can catch this guy, so be it.

Better for them to catch him, even with putting the kids through a little trauma, than for them to NOT do anything, Craig gets to keep the kids and gets away with murder. Better they are traumitized than live their life with a murderer.

JMHO
fran

great post Fran- ITA-- perhaps they were able to catch a comment or a "look" from the children, since Craig has not allowed them to be spoken to-

There is no way that Dial doesn't know about this. He hasn't been back to work since and you can imagine all the talk going around where he works.

Perhaps I should rephrase: Does anyone think it's important that Dial knows that soap buying consumers are concerned about this case?

Fran, for the most part I totally agree.

I think the children have already been pretty traumatized, by the fact their mother has been 'missing' for two weeks.

I'm just glad that LE did SOMETHING! FINALLY!!! --- as you say! If they'd only have listened to you last week or whenever you first called for it (search warrant), I think it would have been way better. But since they waited this long (and I am sure they had good reasons - probably legalities), I don't really see what an additional 8 hours more would have meant.

I mean he's had two whole weeks to clean up any existent evidence that may have been there. I read LE took blankets --- how many times could those have been washed by now. He's had all day every day while those kids were in school to do any tidying up. That is when he wasn't busy reading message boards. ;) Heya, Craig --- If you're reading here ... me thinks you're goin' down!

This message was left a little while ago on the [url="http://www.findlisastebic.com]family website[/url]:

15 May 07, 16:17
Concerned neighbor: Last night from midnight to 4a.m.. I only know because on this site early this morning, I read the older messages from late last night. the children were placed in seperate cars and Craig stayed in the house during the search.

I hope it's true that the children were at least removed from the house, while it was searched. It would be even better if they could have had a plain clothes detective in each car, speaking with each of the children and trying to gain infomation from them.

However, I know nothing about the legalities of doing something like that.

Perhaps I should rephrase: Does anyone think it's important that Dial knows that soap buying consumers are concerned about this case?

Hello John m, and welcome aboard to you, too! :)

I thought that was what you were getting at. I don't think it could hurt to let Dial know your feelings. Legally I don't think they would be in a position to fire him, due to those pesky old constitutional rights. You know the one that states, innocent until proven guilty.

IMO, they would probably find themselves being sued by Craig, if not by the union he belongs to, if they did fire him because he "might" be considered a suspect in his wife's disappearance (which to my knowledge, he is not, presently).

Plus, I am thinking how the children are now solely dependent on their father's income to provide their food, shelter, and other needs.

OTOH, I don't think writing a letter would hurt any.

Again, nice to have you join us at WS! :)

I don't think that Dial should have any concern involving this case. Other than the fact he is employed there, Dial is not remotely involved in the case. Nor do I think the public should even consider Dial as relevant or liable. All they can do is handle the human relations side of things with Craig. My guess is that they will provide him an extended leave of absence if he requests it. They have to take the approach that he is innocent at this time. The best approach for Dial is to assume that he is innocent and that the mother of his children is missing.

great post Fran- ITA-- perhaps they were able to catch a comment or a "look" from the children, since Craig has not allowed them to be spoken to-

j2, I didn't disagree with Fran. I just stated I hate to see the kids further traumatized, which could have been avoided by a raid during school hours. I'm sure they've been through quite enough already.

Besides, the children spent a lot of time over the weekend with Lisa's family. I'm sure Lisa's relatives garnered as much info as was possible from them, during that time (and may have even been 'guided' by Law Enforcement as to questions LE needed answers to). In fact, that 'might' even be how LE was able to obtain their search warrant(s) --- based on something the children had said last weekend.

<<Quote:
Originally Posted by closeobserver

Perhaps I should rephrase: Does anyone think it's important that Dial knows that soap buying consumers are concerned about this case?>>

The last thing I'd want to see is Craig losing his job while those two kids are under his roof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000