Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fran, for what it's worth, I wasn't talking about Lisa possibly being disposed in the garbage-just possible evidence. I forgot about what happened to Lori in the Hacking case. :(

In any case, I sure hope nothing like that happened in this case.

I still think the kids "think" they saw or heard their mom that day. I doubt she was walking around the house like Craig is implying.

The last thing I'd want to see is Craig losing his job while those two kids are under his roof.

No way would they fire him, imo. They'd be SO sued, SO fast!

j2, I didn't disagree with Fran. I just stated I hate to see the kids further traumatized, which could have been avoided by a raid during school hours. I'm sure they've been through quite enough already.

Besides, the children spent a lot of time over the weekend with Lisa's family. I'm sure Lisa's relatives garnered as much info as was possible from them, during that time (and may have even been 'guided' by Law Enforcement as to questions LE needed answers to). In fact, that 'might' even be how LE was able to obtain their search warrant(s) --- based on something the children had said last weekend.

Do you know that the children spent time over the weekend at Lisa's family? As far as I know, he is not letting them leave. They did spend a little time with some local kids over the weekend, but I'm not sure if they went anywhere else.

Do you know that the children spent time over the weekend at Lisa's family? As far as I know, he is not letting them leave. They did spend a little time with some local kids over the weekend, but I'm not sure if they went anywhere else.

I don't know where I saw it, but I heard exactly the opposite, that he wasn't allowing the children to see Lisa's family. Was this wrong? I know so many 'rumors' get started in these cases. It so often is hard to tell fact from fiction.

What we do know as fact is he's not taken a lie detector test and isn't talking to the media and isn't talking to LE and that he has an attorney.

I was confused the other day when I saw where he's sitting by the phone waiting for a call, yet he's not answering his phone. So......ehhh.........do they mean he's sitting by the phone, letting someone else answer it and refusing the call? Just didn't make sense, IMO.

JMHO
fran

Fran, for what it's worth, I wasn't talking about Lisa possibly being disposed in the garbage-just possible evidence. I forgot about what happened to Lori in the Hacking case. :(

In any case, I sure hope nothing like that happened in this case.

I still think the kids "think" they saw or heard their mom that day. I doubt she was walking around the house like Craig is implying.

I thought that was what you meant, Taximom. Maybe I'm psychic, too. :D

This is my hypothetical scenario on the kids from what's been reported --- I think the kids did see their mom when they got home from school. They probably did homework, as usual; then went out to play or down to the basement to play video games.

Dad comes home and that's possibly when 'something happens', maybe as Lisa's getting out of the shower, in preparation for her part-time night job.

Dad realizes the immediate urgency to get rid of the kids for awhile, and decides to treat them to some candy from Jewel, 2 miles away. He hands them some money and allows them to ride their bicycles there.

Above scenario is totally hypothetical!

fran wrote: ...dna from a tear in the console of a car, placing the victim there.

Fran, the problem with these ex's disappearances is that the missing woman's DNA will be expected to be everywhere they search.

Now blood is a different matter, although I've seen some pathetic posts (always from men) concerning Nina Reiser's blood said to be found in the ex's car and on a wall where they were arguing when she dropped off the kids for his night with them.

So even blood makes no difference to men like that and defense lawyers. Fortunately juries usually contain a better breed of people.

rd

Yes closeobserver, according to Lisa's family spokesperson, Melanie Greenburg, they did. I heard her state it on Nancy Grace's program last night. Diane Dimond was filling in for Nancy, and here's the snippet:

MELANIE GREENBERG, LISA STEBIC`S COUSIN: You know, I don`t know if they know anything more. I do understand that they did see their mom that Monday, April 30th, after school. I last saw Lisa`s daughter on Friday, and the children did spend a lot of time with Lisa`s family this weekend, with Mother`s Day. Because of the massive search on Saturday, it was thought best to get the children out of Plainfield for a while.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0705/14/ng.01.html

Some things you hear on shows like Nancy Grace (in particular) cannot always be trusted to be factual. She and her guests habitually spout misinformation as fact. But, when I hear something like this, straight from the horse's mouth (so to speak), I do believe it.

j2, I didn't disagree with Fran. I just stated I hate to see the kids further traumatized, which could have been avoided by a raid during school hours. I'm sure they've been through quite enough already.

Besides, the children spent a lot of time over the weekend with Lisa's family. I'm sure Lisa's relatives garnered as much info as was possible from them, during that time (and may have even been 'guided' by Law Enforcement as to questions LE needed answers to). In fact, that 'might' even be how LE was able to obtain their search warrant(s) --- based on something the children had said last weekend.
I am sorry Liz- didnt mean that you were wrong in what you had said- :blowkiss:
I was just saying I was thinking along the same line as Fran, when it came to the kids and when the policew showed up at their home-

I am sorry Liz- didnt mean that you were wrong in what you had said- :blowkiss:
I was just saying I was thinking along the same line as Fran, when it came to the kids and when the policew showed up at their home-

Aww, no problem, sweetie. :blowkiss:

The way I originally worded my post I think made it come off in a way I didn't intend for it to, as I was not trying to fault LE. Afterwards I went back and added to my original post, in an effort to try to clarify what I meant.

We're good! ;)

Gosh, this reminds me so much of Laci and Scott Peterson.
Blinds closed when the wife always keeps them open, husband refusing polygraph, acting like nothing is wrong. Dog usually barks but didn't bark when the neighbor went there.

The husband is so guilty and it makes me sick that another victim falls at the hands of their spouse. When will it end?

Prayers for Lisa's children and her family and I hope she is resting peacefully in heaven.

Lisa reminded me of Laci in the video with her hair back in a ponytail, smiling, and waving at the camera.

fran wrote: ...dna from a tear in the console of a car, placing the victim there.

Fran, the problem with these ex's disappearances is that the missing woman's DNA will be expected to be everywhere they search.

Now blood is a different matter, although I've seen some pathetic posts (always from men) concerning Nina Reiser's blood said to be found in the ex's car and on a wall where they were arguing when she dropped off the kids for his night with them.

So even blood makes no difference to men like that and defense lawyers. Fortunately juries usually contain a better breed of people.

rd

rd_jfc

I guess my post was a little confusing. In that particular case, the victim didn't even know the perp and he said he didn't do the crime, yet they found the victim's dna and fingerprints in his car, well.........as well as HIS dna on the victim. I think I used a bad example.

But say they find a couple of pieces of her hair or blood in the trunk of the car? That's somewhere these pieces of evidence do NOT BELONG. Or..........LE finds her purse stashed in the closet, WITH her cell phone. OR they luminol and find blood and it's enough to have caused death and it's dna'd to the victim.

You can paint a wall and have blood luminoled through it.

OR, like I also said, check the undercarriage of the vehicles to determine where they'd been. A specific plant is in a general vicinity and LE goes there and finds her body.

THose are the types of things they're looking for.

JMHO
fran

Just a heads up for tomorrow. I understand from advertisement on tv, this case is going to be the focus on the Nancy Grace program tomorrow night.
I'm on the Pacific Coast and it's on at 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., daylight savings time.

FWIW
fran

Just a heads up for tomorrow. I understand from advertisement on tv, this case is going to be the focus on the Nancy Grace program tomorrow night.
I'm on the Pacific Coast and it's on at 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., daylight savings time.

FWIW
fran

Thanks for the heads up Fran. :woohoo:

Snippets from the latest Chicago Trib article, Plainfield house is searched:

Davi (Craig's attorney) said the two children had to sleep outside in one of the family vehicles while the search was under way. The 10-year-old son was so traumatized he didn't attend school Tuesday, the attorney said.

He (Davi) said police keep telling Stebic he is not a suspect.

Deputy Police Chief Mark Eiting would not say whether evidence was recovered. Investigators have been to the Stebic home on two previous occasions, once for a cursory search. He would not disclose the parameters of the warrant, including what justification was offered for the search.

(Mark) Greenberg said the family remains behind Craig Stebic. "Craig is part of our family, and we support our family, absolutely," he said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...6,1,664739.story?track=rss&ctrack=2&cset=true

:blowkiss: and prayers for Zac and Lexi.

Greenburg is married to Lisa's cousin...right? The family is behind the husband and thinks he is innocent? I wonder if they really do or if they are just allowing him to think that. I know the cousin wouldn't answer any questions about the husband and guilt or innocense. That is probably for the best if they want to continue to see the kids.

I find it strange that Craig has said on TV that Lisa usually went exercising at night and would arrive home around 10:00 or 11:00 pm. On the day she disappeared she left home...according to him...at 4:00 pm. I doubt that she leaves at 4:00 and comes home around 10-11:00. She more likely leaves home after the kids are in bed say at 8-8:30. I wonder why she would have left at 4:00 on that particular day? That doesn't sound right to me.

The kids might have seen Lisa right after they arrived home from school and something could have happened between Lisa and Craig while the kids were doing their homework or outside playing. That may be why he gave them money and sent them so far away to the store for candy. He needed to get them out of the house because their mom was dead. He would have had a good idea how long he had to dispose of her body while the kids were gone as it was a 2 or so mile ride to and from the store. That is pretty far for those kids to be riding their bikes to get CANDY! He could have dumped her body while they were gone and when they returned he would tell them that mom already left to go exercise. He also could have stashed her body in the trunk of her car and dumped it later at night.

If LE find something in the trunk of her car like body fluids they would have him cause nothing like that should be back there. Her hair could be back there but not much else. I hope and pray that they found something that points to Mr. Arrogant.

I don't know where I saw it, but I heard exactly the opposite, that he wasn't allowing the children to see Lisa's family. Was this wrong? I know so many 'rumors' get started in these cases. It so often is hard to tell fact from fiction.

What we do know as fact is he's not taken a lie detector test and isn't talking to the media and isn't talking to LE and that he has an attorney.

I was confused the other day when I saw where he's sitting by the phone waiting for a call, yet he's not answering his phone. So......ehhh.........do they mean he's sitting by the phone, letting someone else answer it and refusing the call? Just didn't make sense, IMO.

JMHO
fran
Liz is the one who posted "Besides, the children spent a lot of time over the weekend with Lisa's family." Closeobserver ask Liz this "
Do you know that the children spent time over the weekend at Lisa's family? As far as I know, he is not letting them leave."

I heard it reported on CNN an hour or so ago that some kind of evidence was found at the ex's house. The things were covered by blankets as they were carried to the police cars. Anyone else hear that?

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/387248,4_1_JO16_MISSING_S1.article

POLICE AND FBI RAID STEBIC HOME
WITH NO SUSPECTS IN THE CASE OF THE MISSING PLAINFIELD MOTHER ...

May 16, 2007
By JANET LUNDQUIST Staff Writer
PLAINFIELD -- While police say they have no suspects in the disappearance of a local mother of two, her husband's attorney believes a midnight search of her house was an attempt to intimidate her husband and coerce a confession.
For the first time Tuesday, investigators said they are expanding their search for Lisa Stebic to include the possibility of foul play -- and served early-morning search warrants at the Stebic house as the next step in the investigation.

From the above newspaper article-

But this time it was a late-night surprise.
Pieces of evidence taken from the home in the early hours of Tuesday morning were covered with blankets, neighbors said.

Greenburg is married to Lisa's cousin...right? The family is behind the husband and thinks he is innocent? I wonder if they really do or if they are just allowing him to think that. I know the cousin wouldn't answer any questions about the husband and guilt or innocense. That is probably for the best if they want to continue to see the kids.

I find it strange that Craig has said on TV that Lisa usually went exercising at night and would arrive home around 10:00 or 11:00 pm. On the day she disappeared she left home...according to him...at 4:00 pm. I doubt that she leaves at 4:00 and comes home around 10-11:00. She more likely leaves home after the kids are in bed say at 8-8:30. I wonder why she would have left at 4:00 on that particular day? That doesn't sound right to me.

The kids might have seen Lisa right after they arrived home from school and something could have happened between Lisa and Craig while the kids were doing their homework or outside playing. That may be why he gave them money and sent them so far away to the store for candy. He needed to get them out of the house because their mom was dead. He would have had a good idea how long he had to dispose of her body while the kids were gone as it was a 2 or so mile ride to and from the store. That is pretty far for those kids to be riding their bikes to get CANDY! He could have dumped her body while they were gone and when they returned he would tell them that mom already left to go exercise. He also could have stashed her body in the trunk of her car and dumped it later at night.

If LE find something in the trunk of her car like body fluids they would have him cause nothing like that should be back there. Her hair could be back there but not much else. I hope and pray that they found something that points to Mr. Arrogant.

I thought this had been gone over ..... if I remember correctly... she left around 4pm because that is what time Craig would be home ......she didn't want to see him..... but I remember someone else saying (or I read it) that the neighbor said she usually left around 6pm?

Can we find out for sure?

http://www.findlisastebic.com/

Lisa Stebic has been missing since Monday, April 30th. She was
last seen at her home at around 6 pm. Her car is still in her
garage and she has her cell phone and wallet with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kennedy1227