VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just stating the facts as they have been posted on various websites. I too thought the hair was naturally red but if you red through this thread you will see where I was corrected as well.

Yeah. I'm most definitely *not* a redhead, but I have freckles because I'm pale. Lots of exposure to the sun can cause dark brown hair/brown hair to appear red/reddish and it can cause freckles to pop out on those who are pale.

Since he had been hitchhiking, its not unreasonable to assume he would have had lots of exposure to the sun.

I also think that they did a quickie sort of portrait on him - his nose looks broken in the picture (as it was surely broken in the accident)...but there isn't anything about it being broken prior to the accident or anything like that. I have a feeling they just sort of glossed over it.

I thing one important thing to consider is he did not plan on this accident,having no id could mean he was not old enough for any id.In Australia(where i live)we have under eighteen card's that give a person id even though they may not be old enough for a learner's permit or provisional licence or driver's licence.yes we are legal to go party and drink till our heart's content at the tender age of 18.:woohoo:

I thing one important thing to consider is he did not plan on this accident,having no id could mean he was not old enough for any id.In Australia(where i live)we have under eighteen card's that give a person id even though they may not be old enough for a learner's permit or provisional licence or driver's licence.yes we are legal to go party and drink till our heart's content at the tender age of 18.:woohoo:
'

In VA, you can get an ID at any age. When I was in elementary school, kids used to pretend they were their driver's licenses. =D

Most of the states have simliar laws - unless he was *really* young, I cannot imagine him being too young to have an ID. Chances are, he lost it or it was stolen from him while he was traveling if he had one at all. He might just have never gotten one - lots of people don't bother with an ID until they have a learner's permit or license, unfortunately.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/cole_james.html

Has anyone ruled this guy out?? I don't think I saw it in the previous posts, but I may be wrong. He disappeared from Maryland in 94 and he was 22. His hair and eyes are stated as brown. There wasn't much info.

I also just noticed the height matched too.. They're both pretty short.
This one looks like the best match I have seen so far....I remember back at this time alot of young people used to dye their hair with red kool aid and it lasted for quite sometime, You would take the whole kool aid packet and put it on wet hair, and it would stain your hair. You know how the powder can stain your hands...I have always wondered if that was why his hair was red. Because alot of the kids who were into music were the ones doing this the most....

James Cole has previously been ruled out. See message #218 on this topic.

This guy disappeared in January 1995. Notice that his left ear are pierced, and that he is wearing a necklace. I will check out more about him as soon as possible.

Attachments

• image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 107
This guy disappeared in January 1995. Notice that his left ear are pierced, and that he is wearing a necklace. I will check out more about him as soon as possible.

Image not working. Can you give a link, name?

I think our doe had brown hair it was just dyed red.

I have a daughter who has hair EXACTLY like this guy's color (but straight) -- the color is an exact match. Her hair is brown, but has a very RED gleam to it -- so that in sunlight it LOOKS red or auburn. Could that be possible with him -- one person sees red and the family may think it's brown? I know it's out there, but I've seen it.

I have a daughter who has hair EXACTLY like this guy's color (but straight) -- the color is an exact match. Her hair is brown, but has a very RED gleam to it -- so that in sunlight it LOOKS red or auburn. Could that be possible with him -- one person sees red and the family may think it's brown? I know it's out there, but I've seen it.

I know I've mentioned the same thing in this topic a couple of times...as have others! LOL

I think there are so many posts that a lot of ideas are forgotten about...because its really unreasonable to expect someone to read through all the posts when this thread is popular again.

I think the nose is wrong as well - his nose might have looked that way after the accident, but I don't see how they could know for sure it looked broken before the accident...even if he had broken it before. He reportedly went through a windshield...so I doubt his nose made it through without any serious damage.

On the doenetwork it says he has natual red hair, I am confused

On the doenetwork it says he has natual red hair, I am confused

Someone stated that they had information close to the case and that much of the information on the Doe Network is incorrect.

I'm inclined to agree to a certain extent as the reconstruction shows a badly broken nose (which I'm not sure how they could determine if it was broken previously as the driver died in the crash as well - and the Doe's injuries resulted from being thrown through a windshield!).

Secondly, brown hair can appear red after being exposed to light or just depending on the light - brown hair can appear to have a reddish tint.

I have a feeling that this case was 'rushed' out rather than LE actually spending time getting the facts and reconstruction right (and its not the first time that information has been incorrect on Doe).

Here's the link to the other information: http://www.geocities.com/trying2id/JDpage.html

I have got response from the investigators regarding a possible match between the guy who disappeared in January 1995 and "the grateful dead fan". At this moment I think it´s the best not to give the name of the guy. I have already understand that they not thought that it was the best thing to do when I post the photo in this way, but they have been nice and let me know that they seriously see this as a possible positive match. As I aprehend of their questions, there are more authorities involved in this case. We´ll se what happends next.

I have got response from the investigators regarding a possible match between the guy who disappeared in January 1995 and "the grateful dead fan". At this moment I think it´s the best not to give the name of the guy. I have already understand that they not thought that it was the best thing to do when I post the photo in this way, but they have been nice and let me know that they seriously see this as a possible positive match. As I aprehend of their questions, there are more authorities involved in this case. We´ll se what happends next.

YES! Thank you for keeping us updated! We impatiently ;) wait for more news!

I'm inclined to agree to a certain extent as the reconstruction shows a badly broken nose (which I'm not sure how they could determine if it was broken previously as the driver died in the crash as well - and the Doe's injuries resulted from being thrown through a windshield!).

Secondly, brown hair can appear red after being exposed to light or just depending on the light - brown hair can appear to have a reddish tint. ...

Here is an updated link to the Doenetwork file:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/127umva.html

The origional artist's conception drawing is the black and white sketch on the right. It was done in Richmond at the Medical Examiner's office, not by Virginia State Police at the scene.

The origional sketch appeared in Newspapers in 1996 on the one year anniversary of the accident which took his life. That first sketch was done because the face of the boy was quite damaged in the accident. He had gone through the windshield of the van when it hit a grove of loblolly pines.

I do not know who did the other drawings - the ones in color which shows him with red hair. They may have been done by Artists working with NCMEC - but they were done at a much later time than the origional sketch.

As I best recall, the 1996 articles stated that the boy had brown hair, rather than red hair.

Hi,

I have a myspace page (www.myspace.com/myawarenessgroup) and with the permission of the page owner on myspace for Grateful Doe, I've been posting bulletins for the past few weeks. "Jason" has hit my heart so much, as I know he has yours.

Around October 4th or 5th I decided that Jason needed to have a birthday celebration. Not exactly to celebrate his birthday, but to celebrate his life. He is still someone's son, nephew, grandson, cousin, brother. So, in an effort to help getting him identfied I've been asking people to repost the bulletins and share his photo and story. I gave Jason the birthday of October 31st.

Because he liked attending Grateful Dead concerts, I get the idea that he also liked celebrating Halloween, so, until he's indentified, Halloween is officially his birthday, our day to celebrate his life. :dance:

My default photo on myspace is the default photo of Grateful Doe's. Please help us celebrate Jason's life by changing your default photo (if you have myspace) to represent Jason and help get the awareness out there. Someone knows who he is!

I was doing research today and googled "missing male child Jason 1995." This is what came up, not sure what you think of it, and I haven't responded to it for the poster asks only accepts from registered organizations.

Jennifer Cleo Lathrom White, Female Height: 5'6 Weight: 130-140 Build: Slender Hair: Medium to Dark Blonde, Shoulder length Eyes: Green DOB: 2/12/80 Last seen with David Jason Claveria, age 20, Brown Hair, Blue Eyes. Drives a 1978 VW Rabbit, Midnight Blue, Custom, no door handles. Photograph available on request to registered organizations. City: Email: Lori_Lathrom@ccm.ra.intel.com Entry #288 added on March 19, 1997 This information came from this site: http://www.cyberpages.com/minidb?program=children&year=1997&month=3

Also found this, name isn't Jason, but, he has blue eyes, left ear is pierced, height/weight/age close match

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...RCMP&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_CA&searchLang=en_US

That's all I can find today. Hope to see a lot of default photos as Grateful Doe's!!

GratefulJason.jpg

Celebrating Life
Dear Grateful Doe Jason,
Today as we celebrate your life
We pray for you and your family too!
Someone is missing a son
a brother, friend, or nephew.
Someone is repeating your name,
remembering your eyes,
and the curls in your hair.
Someone remembers when you were born,
your first words
that day you took your first step.
Your first day of school,
your first kiss,
your laughter they surely miss.
Somewhere out there
someone knows who you are,
where you been,
names of your friends,
clothes you liked to where,
food you ate
and foods you hated.
Somewhere out there
someone is missing you
wishing to hold
you once again.
Someone is looking
but not hard enough,
for here you are
for all to see.
I've often wondered
do either of the
Caroline's visit your page?
Do they know
exactly who you are?
Where you lived?
Your family name?
Do they have a child?
Wouldn't they want
to know?
If their son
up and went away?
Never to be seen
or heard from again?
I pray that today
as we celebrate your life,
who you use to be,
that someone steps up
to say
"he belonged to me."
by,Mary L. Cross
10/31/2007​

Mary, thank you for sharing that beautiful poem. "Happy birthday", Jason. I hope we can find an answer to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid