MI - Neurosurgeon Dr. Devon Hoover, 53, found fatally shot during welfare check, Detroit, Apr 2023

What an absolutely gorgeous home! It's so nice to see a piece of Detroit history lovingly preserved like this given all the negative publicity the city often gets. In addition to this being a horrible and senseless crime against Dr. Hoover, IMO it's also a slap in the face to the City of Detroit and its rich vibrant history. IMO Detroit has lost a star citizen in this act of blind stupidity.

Just looking at the Cadillac in the garage pictured in the listing. It's a 1966 Fleetwood Brougham imo and the most expensive Cadillac on sale that year with a base price of $6,695. Being that this is Detroit and the home of Cadillac, it would be interesting to find out the provenance of this car. Why did Dr. Hoover select this car? Was it owned by someone like Harley Earle? Or another top GM Executive? It's immaculate and deserves to be saved.

1697948215929.png

Just looking at the Cadillac in the garage pictured in the listing. It's a 1966 Fleetwood Brougham imo and the most expensive Cadillac on sale that year with a base price of $6,695. Being that this is Detroit and the home of Cadillac, it would be interesting to find out the provenance of this car. Why did Dr. Hoover select this car? Was it owned by someone like Harley Earle? Or another top GM Executive? It's immaculate and deserves to be saved.

View attachment 455042

The car is fab! Heck... I love the "B Siegel Co Parking" sign! Everything in and around this home MUST be preserved and cared for. Is there a Detroit Historic Society or similar??

Last edited:
The car is fab! Heck... I love the "B Siegel Co Parking" sign! Everything in and around this home MUST be preserved and cared for. Is there a Detroit Historic Society or similar??

My experience with historical homes is I visit every one I can. However mostly the homes are donated by the owner or a family to the historical society who’s tasked with preservation. If this home doesn’t sell, perhaps that will become a future consideration of the seller as there’s certain tax advantages related to donations whether it be cash or real estate.

It was surprising to see the photos of the third floor or attic as the Police called it. Devon's friends call it the ballroom due to the expansive wooden floor. Which crawl space did the killer use to secret the good doctor?

Every elegant touch holds Dr. Hoover's imprint. I admire his preference for restoring things of beauty. His magnificent Boston Blvd property is listed with Christie's but he should be living in that glorious home today.

Praying for a thorough investigation that leads to a successful prosecution of this crime. The killer chose an outstanding pillar of the community to destroy. The victim had patients awaiting surgery and others who relied upon Dr. Hoover's excellent medical care. There must be Justice.

image showing the door that leads to the roof from the 3rd floor at the back of the mansion
Screenshot 2023-10-22 11.10.48 AM.png

Love the "safe" doors used for freezer or 'fridge (I'm assuming) in pantry area... clever use!

Does anyone know the "cotton picking" artist - framed painting? It's not Hale Woodruff but reminds me of his work.

Last edited:
It was surprising to see the photos of the third floor or attic as the Police called it. Devon's friends call it the ballroom due to the expansive wooden floor. Which crawl space did the killer use to secret the good doctor?

Every elegant touch holds Dr. Hoover's imprint. I admire his preference for restoring things of beauty. His magnificent Boston Blvd property is listed with Christie's but he should be living in that glorious home today.

Praying for a thorough investigation that leads to a successful prosecution of this crime. The killer chose an outstanding pillar of the community to destroy. The victim had patients awaiting surgery and others who relied upon Dr. Hoover's excellent medical care. There must be Justice.

image showing the door that leads to the roof from the 3rd floor at the back of the mansion
View attachment 455143
It seems he was as meticulous in decorating his magnificent home as he was a meticulous physician. This case demands justice---

This Italianate-style home is the epitome of class, so magnificent ! You can tell no detail of this home was overlooked. Such a tragic story, it's heartbreaking. This home needs a wonderful family to buy it, I wish I had the 2.5 million. One of a kind. RIP Dr. Hoover and may justice come soon.

Yes... so ornate, so gorgeous... I can see him just loving to roam around his prized home...

But it is also just feels so... lonely. Oh, what will happen with the place?

This Italianate-style home is the epitome of class, so magnificent ! You can tell no detail of this home was overlooked. Such a tragic story, it's heartbreaking. This home needs a wonderful family to buy it, I wish I had the 2.5 million. One of a kind. RIP Dr. Hoover and may justice come soon.
It really is so heartbreaking- ---- I think we all want so badly for justice in this case: Such a wonderful man- gave so much to the world- and had so much more to give---It pains me to know that as of this moment, the person or persons who committed this atrocity are still free as the breeze.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upabigtree
Back