Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole case has baffled me. He honestly looks just like a larrikin down at the local footy club. It scares me to think that if I saw him out in the bush going for my run, I would not bat an eyelid to think he was capable of what he has done. I truly believe he has hit her whether it be deliberate or accidental and then maybe in a state of panic has moved the body. I do believe more than one person has to be involved in the second part though. But this is all MOO.
Can I ask exactly why you presume by his “looks” that he would not be capable of such an incident?.. As this is a big statement. And further what does someone that can create this kind of alleged destruction look like to you?

Given the accused was on a bender the night before, having consumed drugs/alcohol and not having slept, I would think it's less likely he was out jogging when he crossed paths with SM. More likely he was driving? Perhaps he had a buddy with him? Police stated it was a deliberate attack. Is there definitive proof? There would have to be IMO... dashcam footage? Eye witness jogging? Buddy in car confessed what he witnessed? Has the accused confessed to anything?

Is it possible that LE are stating this was 'deliberate' because the perp made the decision to 4WD under the influence, hit a runner accidentally and then decided to cover up the scene and avoid authorities to save his licence / job / the reputation of his family?

Maybe he was even experiencing a drug induced psychosis?

We will find out more details in the coming months but I'm hoping this isn't as sinister as I initially thought.

It is totally senseless…..He should have called 000 for an ambulance and Police …. Instead of trying to hide it … presumably, an ill advised / not thought out attempt to keep his license for his job, independence etc

If he grew up in the local area, and had a 4WD then he would likely know a lot of secluded spots in all that forrest area ….

I just hope his parents may be able to talk him into revealing where Sam’s body is ???

IMO
And probably has a history of not taking responsibility for his own actions!

I Google mapped the Scotsburn address. There is a sign out the front of the home “Ace of Clubs Golf”.

I can’t find a website for this business to understand what they sell / services.

What was the connection with the Buninyong Golf Club? It was mentioned early in the investigation

IMO
The house is listed for sale. My previous post about this got deleted but a simple Google search takes you to the listing. I got the address from a newspaper article after the suppression order was lifted.

Is it possible that LE are stating this was 'deliberate' because the perp made the decision to 4WD under the influence, hit a runner accidentally and then decided to cover up the scene and avoid authorities to save his licence / job / the reputation of his family?

Maybe he was even experiencing a drug induced psychosis?

We will find out more details in the coming months but I'm hoping this isn't as sinister as I initially thought.

Have to keep remembering that murder in Victoria is described as killing with the intent to kill.

imo

In fairness, it’s a tv show on ch 9. They are stringing together the limited facts as they see them - with a need for ratings underlying that. It’s not a proper forensics analysis and profiling.
That said, I am interested in how long ago it aired. Two weeks? Length of time PS has been surveiled by police? Assuming there are some restrictions placed on Ch 9 over what can and can’t be stated, the UI may only have presented/been allowed to present one possible scenario/profile. The one presented may have been deemed more suitable for viewers (ratings) or the only one permitted by police - with a strategic intent of making PS (who was, by then, in their sights) feel like he was out of the spotlight and let guard down…possibly further destroy/obscure evidence which police would then be monitoring.

Having watched back the show in light of the arrest I wonder if it was aired in conjunction with police to put the heat on the perp. Especially the in depth information about the phone and tracking capabilities of gps technologies etc.

Can I ask exactly why you presume by his “looks” that he would not be capable of such an incident?.. As this is a big statement. And further what does someone that can create this kind of alleged destruction look like to you?
Mainly just because he looks very similar in photos to other players down at my son’s local football club. I’m not saying he hasn’t done it, just that it’s quite scary that if I saw him I wouldn’t ever think twice myself that he would be capable of murdering someone. More just the fact that I struggle to understand why someone would do such a thing. It also opens my eyes to the fact that you just can’t judge a book by its cover.

Have to keep remembering that murder in Victoria is described as killing with the intent to kill.

imo
@Voluspa ive been thinking the same.

I am very limited in my knowledge of legal matters so I need those of you who are to help me understand this:

Say police know without doubt that he has killed her and he has used his vehicle to do this. IMO

Would the Police then charge him with murder, get access to his vehicle etc to prove this definitely, and if they can’t prove the “deliberate” nature of the attack, the charge is then downgraded to manslaughter?

I guess what I’m trying to ask is would Police charge him with the highest degree first (ie murder), knowing that the evidence they subsequently uncover only justifies a charge of manslaughter.

I hope my words make sense

IMO

The house is listed for sale. My previous post about this got deleted but a simple Google search takes you to the listing. I got the address from a newspaper article after the suppression order was lifted.
Is this the house he was arrested at? He was housesitting at with his girlfriend?

The house address was listed in the Daily Mail article I listed above as well.

I agree with the original poster. (see what I did there) looks like the boy next door. It is stereotyping, yes but I personally would generally not sense any danger from this kind of person who seemingly had a stable family, a career, friends, not tattoos plastered all over his body, full set of teeth etc. Generally I would expect someone capable of such a crime that is so senseless, without a clear motive driving him there to look a lot ‘rougher’, like the person has lived a much rougher life. IMO

I Google mapped the Scotsburn address. There is a sign out the front of the home “Ace of Clubs Golf”.

I can’t find a website for this business to understand what they sell / services.

What was the connection with the Buninyong Golf Club? It was mentioned early in the investigation

IMO

True Local has it categorised under Sporting Goods Manufacturers.

imo

Some of those closest to Mr Stephenson, including his former St Patrick’s College classmates, told the Herald Sun he was often on the outer and that he struggled with his mental health.

They said welfare staff at St Patrick’s College dealt with frequent “outbursts”.

He was described as showing some eccentric behaviour and was sometimes bullied at school.

Those former classmates said his mental health concerns were well known.

I don't understand how this attack was deliberate and targeted. Surely he knew her. But motive ?? He is middle hold so maybe middle child syndrome + drugs + mental health?

It is totally senseless…..He should have called 000 for an ambulance and Police …. Instead of trying to hide it … presumably, an ill advised / not thought out attempt to keep his license for his job, independence etc

If he grew up in the local area, and had a 4WD then he would likely know a lot of secluded spots in all that forrest area ….

I just hope his parents may be able to talk him into revealing where Sam’s body is ???

IMO
And probably has a history of not taking responsibility for his own actions!

I agree with the original poster. (see what I did there) looks like the boy next door. It is stereotyping, yes but I personally would generally not sense any danger from this kind of person who seemingly had a stable family, a career, friends, not tattoos plastered all over his body, full set of teeth etc. Generally I would expect someone capable of such a crime that is so senseless, without a clear motive driving him there to look a lot ‘rougher’, like the person has lived a much rougher life. IMO
Ok so police should be out there looking for tattooed toothless rough types.. because this is the profile of a psychopath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member