AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #5

I would still like to know where she was during the time she was "missing".
Wherever she was/ whatever she was doing must be pretty
bad for it to be such a huge secret. But Considering how horrific her actions were in committing this crime that the entire world knows about, she might as well finally tell the truth. JMO

bad for it to be such a huge secret. But Considering how horrific her actions were in committing this crime that the entire world knows about, she might as well finally tell the truth. JMO
I'm willing to bet if CR disclosed where she stayed, it would result in charges or consequences for someone....

JMO

Can we be certain she wasn't in her own bedroom, eating Cheez-Its?

Although I suspect she had issue knowledge of an uninhabited house, guessing something posh, where she fed her fantasy, walking around un her plush bathrobe, while commiting B & E.

JMO

Some suggest since Carlee admitted guilt, she should now reveal what she did during her disappearance.

Seems many def attys would (try to) muzzle
or at least advise clients to stay silent, esp'ly pending March sentencing.

What good - for Carlee - can arise from anything she might say now or March, unless she was rehearsing w the church choir, leading craft sessions for handicapped children, or boxing up food bank donations for distribution, etc. (and if neutral persons & hard evidence would corroborate in court).

W doubts about Carlee's credibility, I'd follow her explanation, now or in court, w a salt pig* nearby. Maybe just me?

Some suggest since Carlee admitted guilt, she should now reveal what she did during her disappearance.

Seems many def attys would (try to) muzzle
or at least advise clients to stay silent, esp'ly pending March sentencing.

What good - for Carlee - can arise from anything she might say now or March, unless she was rehearsing w the church choir, leading craft sessions for handicapped children, or boxing up food bank donations for distribution, etc. (and if neutral persons & hard evidence would corroborate in court).

W doubts about Carlee's credibility, I'd follow her explanation, now or in court, w a salt pig* nearby. Maybe just me?

I think we're just all worried she'll get a pinky slap. She shouldn't get any kind of leniency without having to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth...

She was somewhere. And it-twuddn't good.

Either someone knew where she was (so complicit) or she was somewhere she likely had no besides being (additional charges).

Just pay the piper, Carlee. Accept responsibility. Full responsibility. Pay your dues, serve whatever time, hold yourself accountable, grow as a human being, grow UP as a human being, give back. Own it.

JMO

Has anything been mentioned about the theft of goods from her former employer? Hopefully, charges will come Carlee’s way.
She probably gave them a big apology, told them she was just borrowing them, then Mommy and Daddy paid for the items. Maybe that was good enough for them. Should have pressed charges anyway, IMO.

I'm willing to bet if CR disclosed where she stayed, it would result in charges or consequences for someone....

JMO
I agree. I’m a little suprised that LE wasn’t able to come up with some video / ring footage of her. Surely they checked out that neighborhood thoroughly, or any others where her mama had listings.
But if some mystery person picked her up in a car and gave her a ride outside the area, I’d really like to know who that was.

Earlier Post Inaccurate: My Apologies.

From an Oct 11 article*
"...she told police that she had been abducted. However, after a days-long investigation by police into Russell’s statement, she admitted she had made the whole thing up."
My post saying she admitted guilt - as if she had pled guilty in court - was not accurate.

In municipal court, she pled not guilty but was FOUND guilty of making a false report.
She appealed the decision to circuit court.
The scheduled action there in March is a jury trial (not sentencing).

Nevertheless, for following any testimony Carlee might swear to, I still have my salt pig :) closeby.
Russell, who pleaded not guilty in the case, will appeal the decision to the circuit court.

MOO: the Red Roof. Entire time.
Oh, how she must have suffered. Without the finer things for two whole days.

No wonder she brought better TP and a robe of her own.

Well, not really her own.

Seeing as she STOLE it.

It's high time for Miss Carlee to find herself surrounded by only tough love.

JMO

MOO: the Red Roof. Entire time.
I'm waiting for additional charges and/or arrests...
Although her attorney [Emory Anthony] says they declined to talk to the grand jury, he did offer the following:

“Eventually you will find out the why of it,” Anthony said, eluding to possible evidence that may come out in court. “You can stop saying she was out 48 hours with some guy, you can stop saying she was out at the Red Roof Inn.”
^^rsbm

I'm waiting for additional charges and/or arrests...
Although her attorney [Emory Anthony] says they declined to talk to the grand jury, he did offer the following:

^^rsbm
I think there will be additional charges,and arrest too. Don't think it's a good idea to refuse to talk to the grand jury. Say you want the book thrown at you, without saying you want the book thrown at you. MOO

Carlee Russell will have appear before a Jefferson County judge on March 21 for a plea. It is not known whether she intends to plead guilty or not guilty.

Russell, 26, pleaded not guilty to charges of false reporting to law enforcement authorities and falsely reporting an incident in October. She was later found guiltyby Municipal Judge Brad Bishop, who recommended that Russell spend a year in jail and pay fines totaling nearly $20,000.

Russell had a state trial to appeal the conviction set for March 18, with her legal team saying jail time wasn't warranted.

But on Thursday, Jefferson County Circuit Judge David Carpenter ordered the state trial removed from the docket, reported AL.com. Instead, a plea hearing is now set for March 21.
*so happy this ridiculous stunt is still causing her grief!

Police quickly cast doubt on Russell’s story. Her attorney issued a statement through police acknowledging there was no kidnapping and that she never saw a toddler. In the statement, Russell apologized to law enforcement and the volunteers who searched for her.

Hoover Police Chief Nick Derzis previously said he was frustrated that Russell was only being charged with two misdemeanors despite the panic and disruption she caused. He said the law did not allow for enhanced charges.

Alabama legislators this year are considering a bill that would enhance penalties for falsely reporting crimes

Last edited:
Carlee Russell will have appear before a Jefferson County judge on March 21 for a plea. It is not known whether she intends to plead guilty or not guilty.

Russell, 26, pleaded not guilty to charges of false reporting to law enforcement authorities and falsely reporting an incident in October. She was later found guiltyby Municipal Judge Brad Bishop, who recommended that Russell spend a year in jail and pay fines totaling nearly $20,000.

Russell had a state trial to appeal the conviction set for March 18, with her legal team saying jail time wasn't warranted.

But on Thursday, Jefferson County Circuit Judge David Carpenter ordered the state trial removed from the docket, reported AL.com. Instead, a plea hearing is now set for March 21.
*so happy this ridiculous stunt is still causing her grief!
If she didn't have such enabling parents she would have all of this behind her and be working towards redeeming herself, that's what should have happened, imo. Time for her to be held accountable and I hope the punishment is harsh.

If she didn't have such enabling parents she would have all of this behind her and be working towards redeeming herself, that's what should have happened, imo. Time for her to be held accountable and I hope the punishment is harsh.

Spot on! She committed a crime! Enabling her defeats the purpose.

Has it been disclosed where she was during the disappearance yet?

Spot on! She committed a crime! Enabling her defeats the purpose.

Has it been disclosed where she was during the disappearance yet?

Nope.
My bet, it that a big part of her "plea' agreement comes with a silence/ gag portion, regarding her actual whereabouts. She wants the bad publicity to stop....

We will know nothing....

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark