AL - Carlethia “Carlee” Russell, 25, faked own abduction, Birmingham, 13 Jul ‘23 #5

10/11/23

This may not be the end of Russell’s charges. We also learned prosecutors have empaneled a grand jury in this case.

“You will have to talk with the great attorney general’s office about [forthcoming charges],” added Anthony. “I don’t know. We were invited to talk to the grand jury. We turned that down. We don’t need to put her before someone when we are dealing with this right now.”

The Attorney General’s Office declined to comment.

Anthony admitted Russell was nervous about the hearing, stating she knows she made a mistake.

“She understands what’s happened, she’s apologized for what transpired,” Anthony answered. “I don’t want to her to have any type of breakdown. We are handling her with kid gloves.”

To date, investigators admit they still don’t know Russell’s whereabouts during the 49 hours she was missing. Appealing the case to circuit court will force the state to put on evidence and witnesses to prove their case and show why they’re recommending a custodial sentence. They will also need to prove why they’re seeking more than $17,000 dollars in restitution.

“Eventually you will find out the why of it,” Anthony said, eluding to possible evidence that may come out in court. “You can stop saying she was out 48 hours with some guy, you can stop saying she was out at the Red Roof Inn.”

The defense has fourteen days to file an appeal.
Oh, poor dear, she made a mistake.

They don’t want her to have a meltdown and are treating her with kid gloves. I don’t know whether to say we need to be respectful of someone with issues or let her have it. I think the latter. She planned what she did without a single thought as to what would happen to anyone related to the incident - first responders, searchers, her family, etc. She apparently didn’t give a darn as to what would even happen to her $$$$$ car Daddy paid for. Someone could have easily hit it, totaled it, and been injured. This is such a ridiculous comment for them to make. Oh poor Carlee. (Sarcasm)
Right. God forbid she has consequences for her actions for probably the first time in her life.

Poor little thing, she’s going to have a breakdown. :rolleyes:

That is what the family of "Yoga Girl" who got "lost" in Zions National Park did...as soon as Park rangers, who are considered federal officers, started asking the hard questions, about where she was, she was whisked away out of sight for "treatment".

Ita. (Haha ha !)
An "Oopsie".

Except I think she is competent enough to make better choices.
I think it's important to know what she was doing whilst "missing'.
Omo.
Same. Those who wasted their days and nights looking for her deserve to know. Especially LE. Jmo
She committed a crime, and should tell the truth.
And, Confession is good for the soul. Fess up, Carlie.

If Carlee did break into a real estate listing, using her Mother's pass code, which is supposed to be kept confidential for real estate agents only, could that affect her mother's real estate license?

@mickey2942 Good question. IDK what actions post is alluding to, so will just quote & link to AL statute.
NOT suggesting or implying that Carlee's Mother violated any AL law. FWIW

"ARTICLE 2
"Section 34-27-36. Disciplinary action - Generally"
The AL. statute lists 31 different acts which constitute grounds for the r/e commission to discipline a r/e licensee.

"(26) Conduct which constitutes or demonstrates dishonest dealings, bad faith, or untrustworthiness.
"(27) Acting negligently or incompetently in performing an act for which a person is required to hold a real estate license."

What always stood out to me was the items Carlee absconded with, almost like she knew exactly where she was going to hide out at ?

The chief said surveillance video shows Russell concealing a bathrobe and toilet paper when leaving work Thursday night.

He said she ordered food from Tazikis, then bought granola bars and cheese crackers at Target.

Those things that you take with you if, you already know, you're crashing at an empty but comfortable home ?
Just saying.
If she was hanging out at a friend's, there'd presumably be toiletries, if not necessarily specific snacks.
Omo.

Toilet paper. Never in a house that is being shown. People are there to look at the house, not use facilities.

"Concealing a robe and toilet paper". Is "concealing" a new word for "theft"? So, she didn't "steal" the items, she "concealed" them? Interesting word choice.

Now Russell admits via a statement from her lawyer that there was no toddler or abduction. The 26-year-old was found guilty of misdemeanor charges of false reporting to law enforcement and falsely reporting an incident. With the conviction, Russell’s attorneys agreed to “stipulate and appeal” the case. This legal move will transfer the case to circuit court the case will tried again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KhristianWolff
Back