Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #180

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may be so bold as to take a wag ... it's time for in limine motions/hearings - getting evidence and experts approved and Gull may have gagged/sealed certain of these proceedings/evidence/experts and/or witness lists etc... Hearings may be closed but ... RA would need to be at these hearings ... might require transport/alternate accommodations for RA for pre-trial and trial - could be in the works. JMHO

That’s a good thought.
I would think, and I’m obviously confused, plus I’m no clerk of court, that the actual in limine motions would be listed as such and since in limine motions are, by definition, held outside the eyes of the jury and public, why would the judge need to reiterate that by a notice excluding them from public view?
(Hmmmm. That is a run-on sentence, pretty sure)
I will mention, at my own peril, that the defense plays the file and leak game, and absolutely nothing has been heard about what these filings contain.
it’s weird to me.
I wonder about plea deals.

No, I think the D just wants to protect some information or it is IN law they do. My bil getting out on house arrest was not a surprise as he motioned for early release and was granted it. The Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information from Public Access I assume is protected information like SSN or DOB or address. No biggie, I see it often. Sorry I didn't explain myself very well! No way RA is getting out before trial imo.
No no thank you for replying. Why not just use ex parte or protected discovery language. That's what caught the eye. The unseen before, on RA's docket, "excluded from public view". Why the change in the legal vernacular for those three filings?

Do we want to force the spouses and children of those accused into indigence?
Play this out... RA (who is presumed innocent until proven guilty) doesn't claim indigent status, the house and all assets are liquidated for his defense. What happens to the innocent spouse and children? This strikes me as collective punishment for something that hasn't even been litigated yet.
I think it’s an Hobsons choice. If he’s guilty and the state carried the financial cost of his defense while she can move on with her life and all their collective assets versus being penniless to prove his guilt/ innocence. Instead he was able to move all his assets to her name and get free top-notch defense. IMO
They didn’t have minor children. By law half the assets were hers but he decided to sign them all over. She wouldn’t have been penniless regardless. They decided not to invest in his defense.
Everyday people have to make tough decisions every day in regards to money. All aren’t fair.
RA would have been wiser to hire an attorney in 2017 when his image/doppelgänger was in the media and public JMO.
Financially they made the wise legal decision. Morally/Ethically, well that remains to be seen.JMO
I'm curious as to what kind of accommodations you find acceptable for the experts while they're in town testifying? Include all the experts the P is bringing in, too.
Somewhere in the vicinity of what the jury will have for accommodations and dining.

Last edited:
That’s a good thought.
I would think, and I’m obviously confused, plus I’m no clerk of court, that the actual in limine motions would be listed as such and since in limine motions are, by definition, held outside the eyes of the jury and public, why would the judge need to reiterate that by a notice excluding them from public view?
I will mention, at my own peril, that the defense plays the file and leak game, and absolutely nothing has been heard about what these filings contain.
it’s weird to me.
I wonder the same; could these be exhibits and witness lists only? One good run on sentence deserve a run on sentence reply, so that's cool. Sweet plea dreams to you. :)

That’s a good thought.
it’s weird to me.
I like your run-on sentence, evokes you speaking face to face in conversation. I'm so guilty of writing posts that way and worse. I can be excessive with it lol. The difference in the language of those filings has me wondering why also.

If I may be so bold as to take a wag ... it's time for in limine motions/hearings - getting evidence and experts approved and Gull may have gagged/sealed certain of these proceedings/evidence/experts and/or witness lists etc... Hearings may be closed but ... RA would need to be at these hearings ... might require transport/alternate accommodations for RA for pre-trial and trial - could be in the works. JMHO
Could these exclusion of public access filings be in regards to his mental and medical health records, which are part of discovery now?

04/11/2024Motion to Suppress Filed
Motion to Suppress Statements
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
04/11/2024
04/11/2024Memorandum/Brief Filed
Memorandum of Law in Support of Defendant Allen's Motion to Suppress
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
04/11/2024
04/11/2024Motion Filed
Motion for Leave of Court to Conduct Inmate Depositions
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
04/11/2024

04/11/2024Motion to Suppress Filed
Motion to Suppress Statements
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
04/11/2024
04/11/2024Memorandum/Brief Filed
Memorandum of Law in Support of Defendant Allen's Motion to Suppress
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
04/11/2024
04/11/2024Motion Filed
Motion for Leave of Court to Conduct Inmate Depositions
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
04/11/2024
See what happens when we wish really really hard for SOMETHING, ANYTHING ? :)
Thanks TL4S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member