FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very saddened by his passing and he is truly going to be missed in so many ways. I know he worked long hours on this case for Jennifer and we should say a prayer that now he can help lead her home.

Thank you for posting this and thank you for reminding us that Jen now has another angel on her side.

I know I thanked leftcoast for all his help but I want to thank him again for caring and sharing his time with all of us.

~

I don't know if you are aware, but thought I would let you know we were informed that Leftcoast has passed away. Rightcoast is a friend of his who has worked with him on the DB Cooper case and posted a note on that thread about him.

I am very saddened by his passing and he is truly going to be missed in so many ways. I know he worked long hours on this case for Jennifer and we should say a prayer that now he can help lead her home.

I'm shocked. He was only young, how terribly terribly sad. Condolences to everyone.

So sad to hear about leftcoast... he brought a lot of interesting perspectives. May he rest in peace. I just pray that he is yet another angel watching over Jenn and that he can help us get answers.

On another note, on the Meredith Emerson thread, I noticed that one of the posters posted information found about various people missing or deceased in the South. Jenn was one of those people and they included a link to the FBI VICAP poster for Jenn which includes the serial numbers for the two missing cell phones and her IPOD.

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/vicap/kesse_orlando_fl.pdf

Just thought I would share.

I don't know if you are aware, but thought I would let you know we were informed that Leftcoast has passed away. Rightcoast is a friend of his who has worked with him on the DB Cooper case and posted a note on that thread about him.

Sorry to hear about Leftcoast. How young was and what happened to result in such an untimely death?

Rightcoast posted:
as most assuredly nearly none of you knew, leftcoast has been very ill and in pain for a lot of years with a rare form of muscular dystrophy. it is my sad duty to inform you that he has passed away due to complications. i am sorry for the blunt nature of this post, but i know of no other way to inform cyber friends.
his name was Dan Dvorak. he was a good man and a very good friend. he will miss his time with you all here. he mentioned two people in particular, one being the nice woman that put us in touch with inside edition and especially Old Dominion. if either of you wish to email me, i would welcome it at dbcoopercatcher@gmail.com.

as for this thread, i will try to be here occasionally to contribute, but i will be a piss poor second to Dan's first.
I believe it was mentioned he was 43, but I could be mistaken.

USFAlumni2002~ I added her to the new list of possible victims of Hilton. While we don't know yet where he was during that time, pieces are coming together that would make me question him tho. Recall that the woods played a role in the dog "hits" and we know this is Hilton's MO. He prefers wooded areas. Meredith was also 24yo. He does have a past history of living in Florida and has connections there of marriages/divorces before 1979. His whereabouts are sketchy from there until 1997, but he did travel around.

Just a note~ He also is known to wear a black knit stocking cap which is what I have always contended the Perp in Jennifer's case wore.

Anyway, we are covering her in the forum for Gary Michael Hilton.

I agree with you about the knit cap, SS .... it's disturbing watching the dash cam video and knowing what we know in Jennifer's case.

The height measurement is tripping us up on this one.

:(

USFAlumni2002~ I added her to the new list of possible victims of Hilton. While we don't know yet where he was during that time, pieces are coming together that would make me question him tho. Recall that the woods played a role in the dog "hits" and we know this is Hilton's MO. He prefers wooded areas. Meredith was also 24yo. He does have a past history of living in Florida and has connections there of marriages/divorces before 1979. His whereabouts are sketchy from there until 1997, but he did travel around.

Just a note~ He also is known to wear a black knit stocking cap which is what I have always contended the Perp in Jennifer's case wore.

Anyway, we are covering her in the forum for Gary Michael Hilton.

http://myfloridaroundtable.com/?page_id=314

From the above linked article:

Jennifer had recently purchased a condo Mosiac; she expressed serious concerns about workers present; to her friends, parents and Rob because she was one of a very few residents who lived there as it was under construction and renovation as a condo conversion from Tradition Apartments (that has a murky past as a high crime apartment complex). There was a guard shack and gate, although it was not up and operational at the time. There were also a lot of people entering and exiting the area via a wooded area behind the complex from other construction areas and paths which lead to local stores and other apartments (short cuts).

GMH did siding\roofing\construction work, and as mentioned in another thread, he apparently told a group of hikers he took any job that allowed him to live in the woods.

good news is detectives are thinking...

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/article.aspx?storyid=71596

Local & State News

Originally Posted on
1/11/2008 2:06:06 PM
Last Updated on
1/11/2008 3:16:44 PM

Florida and Georgia deaths linked

By: Brittany Benner

Wakulla County, Florida - More developments in the case of two missing persons who were found murdered.

Cheryl Dunlap of Wakulla County in Northern Florida went missing just before the holidays. Her body later turned up in the Apalachicola forest in Florida’s panhandle.

Meredith Emerson of Georgia also went missing New Years Day. Her body was found earlier this week.

Authorities have arrested 61-year-old Gary Michael Hilton for the murder of Emerson. Authorities say there is enough evidence to charge Hilton in the Dunlap case but charges haven't been filed yet.

Law enforcement officials throughout Florida are taking a look at other missing person cases, looking for any connections.

“Well, how far back do you go? I said, how old is he…I know he’s 61 but as a when did he start? I don’t know that, hopefully somebody’s gonna know that before the investigation is over,” said Leon County Sheriff Larry Campbell.

One case we continue following includes 24-year-old Jennifer Kesse who went missing from her Orlando condo nearly 2 years ago. Detectives in that case they’re trying to find out whether Hilton was in the Orlando area when Kesse went missing.

Brittney Benner, Tampa Bay's 10 News

I agree with you about the knit cap, SS .... it's disturbing watching the dash cam video and knowing what we know in Jennifer's case.

The height measurement is tripping us up on this one.

:(

So, I take it that Hilton is quite a bit taller than the perp in the surveillance photo? Also, didn't that person in the photo have at least a slight tan while Hiton is pretty much pale white?

No, drumstick is referring to what appears to be a grossly wrong estimate of the poi's height by police at 5'3" to 5'5". That height estimate has tripped up the investigation to be sure.

Also, I guess I'll say the obvious here, rightcoast wasn't sure about the age, so that pretty much rules out anyone who would have thrown birthday parties for him. :)

I'm sure we all wish leftcoast was able to look forward to another one.

rd

So, I take it that Hilton is quite a bit taller than the perp in the surveillance photo? Also, didn't that person in the photo have at least a slight tan while Hiton is pretty much pale white?

The height I'm not convinced of and if you look at some of the video of Hilton with a black cap on, he walks hunched over it appears. Also, the "slight tan" is hard to determine from a video that doesn't give us a lot of info (the suspect)... we are unsure of what color clothing he/she was wearing.

The Jennifer Kesse
"Beacon of Hope for the Missing"
Safety & Community Event

Saturday, January 26, 2008
9am-1pm
at the Mall at Millenia, Outside Back Parking Lot D-2, in Orlando, FL.

The Kesse family would like to inform and invite you to a community event at The Mall at Millenia marking 2 years since Jennifer Kesse was Abducted from in or around her condominium at The Mosaic at Millenia, 1/24/2006. The event will feature Families of the Missing locally and from around the country. Missing Persons, Personal Safety, and Community Relations Building will be the order of the day.

There will be FREE FINGERPRINTING available to everyone regardless of age. Also attending, numerous non-profit organizations, officials from OPD (Orlando Police Department), Orange County, FDLE, Orlando City Council, Bloodmobile, Crimeline, Mounted Posse, Safety School, and many more will be on hand to meet and educate the public on new laws (HB223 and SB503) for the missing, community resources, victim assistance, personal safety, crime prevention and gang enforcement.

City of Orlando Chief of Police, Val Demings, will be in attendance and will address the attendees at approximately 11am, as well as State Senator Lee Constantine (SB502 Sponsor), House Representative Evan Jenne (HB223 Sponsor), City Councilwoman Patty Sheehan. Many other local and state officials will attend as well.

This event focuses on Missing Persons, Personal Safety & Responsibility and Community Relations Building.... Each of Us Needs to be part of the Soultion to Prevent Crime.

***note- reporter got date wrong- Jenn was abducted Jan. 24, 2006.***

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5482584&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Kesses to Observe Anniversary Since Daughter's Disappearance

Last Edited: Monday, 14 Jan 2008, 6:58 PM EST
Created: Monday, 14 Jan 2008, 6:58 PM EST

ORLANDO, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) -- Thursday, January 24 will mark two years since the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. On Monday, Kesse's parents went before the Orlando City Commission to thank the city for its continuing cooperation in the search for their daughter.

"Jennifer's case has never died down. It is not cold. We still receive tips every day from multiple sources. It is all about awareness and it is keeping it going and these are the things that we try to do," said Jennifer's father Drew.

Jennifer was abducted from her Orlando condominium in 2005. Her car was recovered three days after the abduction at the Huntington on the Green Apartments in Orlando. Police, family and friends hoped that the car would be the first clue in quickly finding Jennifer.
Unfortunately, the discovery of the car would prove to be one of the only clues in the case. In order to pinpoint a possible suspect, investigators undertook the task of watching hours and hours of surveillance video and identified a person of interest.

The person was captured on a surveillance camera walking near the spot at the Huntington on the Green apartments on Americana and Texas where Jennifer's car was found. Police do not even know if the person is a man or a woman and the description remains vague.

A huge reward was offered for information in the case and investigators checked out many tips. However, none of the tips led them to finding Jennifer. In the months following the abduction, the story was kept in the forefront of local and national media. The community rallied together to help find the young woman; droves of volunteers met many times to help search.

The Kesses say they are now now working with state lawmakers to pass a new "missing persons law." It would create standard policies and procedures for agencies searching for missing people.

The Kesses will host a community safety event on January 26 at the Mall at Millennia from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will feature thirty booths which will provide free fingerprinting services and a chance to talk to local police, representatives from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and various groups which work to find missing persons.

Also, I guess I'll say the obvious here, rightcoast wasn't sure about the age, so that pretty much rules out anyone who would have thrown birthday parties for him. :)

I'm sure we all wish leftcoast was able to look forward to another one.

rd
Actually, I am quite certain Rightcoast did know his age and maybe my post was misleading because I was the one guessing at his age...the rest was a quote from Right's post.

Rightcoast and Leftcoast worked for years together on the DB Cooper case and knew each other personally. They both appeared on the television show together in an interview about the case, IIRC.

I am glad that they are considering raising questions about Hilton in Jennifer's disappearance. The case they are also working in Tomoka State Park in Florida has the similar aspect of the victim's vehicle being returned to his home. His case would veer from what is known about the other possible victims of Hilton so far which would mean if he is connected then the MO did change. It opens up other cases for LE to consider Hilton as a suspect.

He is 6' 0" and 180 lbs. approximately which does put him outside of the range LE has determined the perp to be in Jennifer's case. Many of us have contended all along this is wrong.

This could be the big break we have waited for...if they determine Hilton was in the area at the time of her disappearance and can tie any evidence back to him.

yeah, I'm not sure how I read that but thought rightcoast was saying he thought it was 43.

I don't understand the Hilton thing whatsoever. That sorry excuse for a person marching from Jennifer's car on that video? I don't think so.

rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member