UPDATE Identity Confirmed As Caylee 12-19-2008 ME Info

GR on Fox...saying that Caylee could have had a heart attack or choked on chewing gum and that LE has screwed everything up.

Main Entry: ho·mi·cide
Pronunciation: 'hä-m&-"sId, 'hO-
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin homicidium, from *advertiser censored* human being + caedere to cut, kill
1 : a person who kills another
2 : the killing of one human being by another —compare [SIZE=-1]MANSLAUGHTER[/SIZE], [SIZE=-1]MURDER[/SIZE]criminal homicide
: homicide committed by a person with a criminal state of mind (as intentionally, with premeditation, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence)deliberate homicide
: homicide caused purposely and knowingly —used in Montanaexcusable homicide
: homicide that is committed by accident or misfortune by a person doing a lawful act by lawful means with usual and ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent and that is excused under the law with no criminal punishment imposed; also : [SIZE=-1]JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE[/SIZE] in this entryfelonious homicide
: homicide committed without justificationhomicide by misadventure
: homicide that occurs as the result of an accident caused by a person doing a lawful act with no unlawful intentjustifiable homicide
: homicide that is committed in self-defense, in defense of another and esp. a member of one's family or sometimes in defense of a residence, in preventing a felony esp. involving great bodily harm, or in performing a legal duty and that is justified under the law with no criminal punishment imposed; also : [SIZE=-1]EXCUSABLE HOMICIDE[/SIZE] in this entrynegligent homicide
: homicide caused by a person's criminally negligent actreckless homicide
: homicide caused by a person's reckless acts
NOTE: In Illinois, involuntary manslaughter committed by use of a motor vehicle is called reckless homicide.ve·hic·u·lar homicide
/vE-'hi-ky&-l&r-/
: homicide committed by the use of a vehicle (as an automobile or boat)

Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
Cite This Source
Homicide
Hom"i*cide\, n. [F., fr. L. homicidium, fr. homicida a man slayer; *advertiser censored* man + caedere to cut, kill. See Homage, and cf. Concise, Shed, v. t.]1. The killing of one human being by another. Note: Homicide is of three kinds: justifiable, as when the killing is performed in the exercise of a right or performance of a duty; excusable, as when done, although not as duty or right, yet without culpable or criminal intent; and felonious, or involving what the law terms malice; the latter may be either manslaughter or murder. --Bouvier. 2. One who kills another; a manslayer. --Chaucer. Shak.

jail astor gave her the news, she asked for family pastor, when he arrived,she refused to see him.....per tru tv

A prosecutor interviewed by In Session TV just now said that the no cause of death determination is "DEVASTATING" to the prosecution. He stated that even if a jury convicts her because of the bias created by media, etc. that an appellate court will see it differently.

Dr G is smart . She will not leak what she knows till trial. At least CA not not now claim it was an accident.

They wouldn't comment on any evidence. Dr. G is very reputable and would not determine the death to be homicide unless she felt without any doubt in her mind that this was the case. She said it was based on 3 things and I can't remember exactly what she said but circumstantial evidence was one of the determinants.

I think the 3 things were: 1)circumstantial evidence, 2)crime scene evidence, and 3) actual examination of the body.

Well, at least I can hope that bearing in mind what we now know the defense herd will thin a bit with no trauma to be disputed on the remains. You know, lemons, lemonade.

I know I am playing Devils advocate, but if the death was accidental, or natural. Disposing of the body, and not contacting LE does not equal Murder 1.

ALL these professional investigators have decided to charge homicide.

i think they know the rules

i know they have evidence they are withholding...they said so. they also said they would not disclose that evidence at this time

but thats a very sharp observation you have made

ya suppose they know that?

If your baby dies of natural causes do you?

A) Make up a fake nanny before she dies just in case she dies of natural causes, then you can blame her.

B) Put your baby in a garbage bag and throw her in the woods.

C) Lie Lie about everything you can think of.

D) All of the above.

GR on Fox...saying that Caylee could have had a heart attack or choked on chewing gum and that LE has screwed everything up.

The accident train left the station a LONG LONG time ago IMO. GR is an *****. Kc had the oppourtunity to come clean if it was an accident and she chose not to which leads me, personally, to believe that this was no accident. She needed those remains to not be found too soon so that they couldn't determine the cause of death.

JMHO

:blowkiss:

Even if they never get a cause of death for Caylee, she didn't jump in a trash bag all by herself. Lying, disposing of the body, etc all allude to it not being a natural death.
KC would have walked away from this if it was an accident or natural death-if she would have reported it to LE. Instead she chose to throw Caylee away like a broken doll.

I've been pretty sure this was Caylee for a week, but hearing the confirmation makes me want to cry for that sweet angel. She never stood a chance with that monster as a mother.

I think the 3 things were: 1)circumstantial evidence, 2)crime scene evidence, and 3) actual examination of the body.

1)circumstantial evidence - leaves plenty of room for reasonable doubt

2)crime scene evidence - We do not know that evidence yet

3) actual examination of the body - Shows no physical damage to the body (sans toxicology)

Circumstantial is not enough to commit in most cases. Examination of the body shows no physical trauma, Caylee was not beaten prior, or during her death. Crime Scene evidence, may and probably links her to her home.

To me, and moo, they cannot rule out accidental or natural death.

I am NOT a KC supporter, but with the news today, I am open to believing her crime was hiding the body and lying as long as possible. Remember, she was only 22. I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was that young. Granted I never killed or hid a body.

The prosecution can get Capital Murder thru Felony murder even if it was an accident - if Casey's fingerprint or spit is on that duct-tape, she's fried.

Aggrevated child abuse is a felony that leads to felony murder - putting duct tape around your child's head is aggrevated child abuse (aggrevated b/c Caylee was less than 5), and a death resulting from that aggrevated child abuse (even "accidental") is the crime of "FELONY MURDER" which is DP eligible.

AND the ME not wanting to comment on anything but the autopsy is common procedure - for HER, there may not be any way to distinguish between asphyxiation b/c of duct-tape over the mouth and asphyxiation due to drowning only by looking at the bones. Looking at the circumstantial evidnece...duct tape over face leads one to homicide, etc.

MOO (& sorry for spelling errors, I'm running out the door)

Every time I stop to think of what could of happened to her, I am thinking she had to have drugged her or suffocated her, maybe left her in the trunk overnight. She was only bones, no way to prove suffocation which was Casey's intent, she was counting the days - 31 days. How can a mother do this? How can she lie so well?

I just don't understand.

Well, we finally got the news be expected. Poor little Caylee. May she rest in peace. I just wish we had this info sooner, like in AUGUST! But, we have it and the prosecution can proceed now. And Caylee will live in our hearts forever.

The accident train left the station a LONG LONG time ago IMO. GR is an *****. Kc had the oppourtunity to come clean if it was an accident and she chose not to which leads me, personally, to believe that this was no accident. She needed those remains to not be found too soon so that they couldn't determine the cause of death.

JMHO

:blowkiss:

Yes, I totally agree with you...my point in posting this was the utter absurdity spewed forth by GR!

I sense an urgency to rap up the COD and confirmation of the identification of Caylee Marie Anthony (may she rest in peace). Hopefully, the meter reader will be recognized for his determination and gut feeling on the whereabouts of Caylee's remains. He does deserve a reward. This should leave all questions answered and now the State Attys office can focus all their attention to the upcoming trial in March.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissSheri
Back