Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any locals have any insight on the comment below left on this article....http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090719/NEWS01/907190335

jespiker wrote:

I feel sorry for Ashley and her loss. However, I also know a Ashley that lost her brother in a home invasion murder that occurred about a month ago on the west side of town. So many people were devastated by this loss but I don't see the hype on that murder as this one. What about our pain and loss? The Michael Jackson media was much more appropriate, this one, not so much.
7/19/2009 2:30:56 AM

Bolded by me.

Just seems odd that there were two home invasions in one town within a month. Any info on this?

Seems to be this:
http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090716/NOTEBOOK/907160307&template=printart

Victim: Timothy Thames, 40.

- Suspect: Wendell Hurley, 24.

- Details: Thames was fatally shot May 31 in a home invasion in the 700 block of Blue Angel Lane.

- Status: Hurley, who has been indicted on a first-degree murder charge, is being held without bond. His trial is set for Sept. 28.

and the fact that it was Ashey's brother. I would have thought that would have been mentioned by now. It would have had to be a paternal brother becuase we know who all of Melanies children were

The commenter wrote that a Ashley lost her brother in a home invasion, not this Ashely.

Am I missing something or ref: post by midewest mom on page 26 of this thread the Plaintiff was Tabitha BILLINGS. I just wonder if I am reading this correctly, if TG was TB or she lost her kids to foster care, could Bud and Melanie have had them as foster kids, temporarily. Is there some relation there? cousin or whatever. I don't know how to access these court records. Could this have caused LG to vendetta? IMO and just guessing but help me get to this Midwest Mom? Then you have caseworker who is fired around the same time for fraudulent documentation who subsequently has a maritime lien filed bu BB for 50 million dollars and the sovereignty issue w/BB/MB and the kids. This has GOT to have something to do w/the kids I feel it in my bones. And of course is my opinion only.

My work is in the adoption world. I investigate adoption scams. Upon reading about BB's past fraud case in regards to adoption and birth certificate, it made me wonder how he ever past a homestudy after that. What him and his first wife did was disgusting on so many levels. Who did their h/s? Which atty handled their adoptions?

When I saw the link in an earlier post on this thread about the video and child trafficking and an underground world and watched it, I thought, yep there is an underground world when it comes to children with issues being rehomed or past on to other families because adoptive family's cannot deal with the issues. FBI has been involved in cases such as these for years now. Families with alot of children through adoption and with some form of special needs whether it is mental or physical have been convicted for such things.

When I checked out LGjr's myspace and checked out his friends, I found that his so called "friends" all had myspaces that were started with in the same two days, and on one of them there was a link to anothers myspace page and when I clicked on it, it took me back to LGjr's myspace, and also comments that were made on those individual myspaces could be found to be copied and pasted from blogs and elsewhere on the net. Was his little girl in the Billings home at one time?

When I clicked on the link about the latest story and it said that the billings were receiving $1000.00 month for subsidy's for the children I thought "uh no way, maybe $1000.00 per child, but not total for all of them." Children with special needs and are adoption come with subsidy's that can be paid from both state help and federal help.

What I still don't understand is why these two parents were killed. This boggles my mind. I too wonder how "children" are involved. Not meaning their children, but how children tie into this??? My gut also tells me there is something.

Here is something else that I have been thinking about, not a shady dealing or scandolous reason, just a reason that would keep in line with the image the BB portrayed......

BB has a buy here pay here car business
BB has a big heart, as proven by the adoptions

Now, I am wondering who did BB loan money to in private deals? Friends, business assoc, friend of a friend, etc....word gets around if someone is willing to bank roll something off the "offical" books of a bank or financial institute.

In the most recent article posted on this page, his daughter said something to the fact that he believed that people deserved a second chance and would let them buy a car....

Are there loans that someone wanted out of? Did he choose the wrong person to trust?

When I checked out LGjr's myspace and checked out his friends, I found that his so called "friends" all had myspaces that were started with in the same two days, and on one of them there was a link to anothers myspace page and when I clicked on it, it took me back to LGjr's myspace, and also comments that were made on those individual myspaces could be found to be copied and pasted from blogs and elsewhere on the net. Was his little girl in the Billings home at one time?

When I clicked on the link about the latest story and it said that the billings were receiving $1000.00 month for subsidy's for the children I thought "uh no way, maybe $1000.00 per child, but not total for all of them." Children with special needs and are adoption come with subsidy's that can be paid from both state help and federal help.

The Myspace matter that you mention here was discussed at length in the first section of this topic (part 1) - you should find it easily. There is also discussion about how much the Billings would have been paid by the state/feds per child.

I urge anyone who is following this case here to go back and read those first threads. There is such a wealth of information there, and I think it might ease the situation here where people jump in with the same question or link that was discussed.

As a new poster here myself I hope this isnt seen as rude, but as a longtime reader, just trying to keep up with the dizzying amount of info and leads in this case.

Per the newest pnj.com article it said Ashley's other brother(adopted)died due to "apparent suicide"!!!!! Is this the son who we initially heard died from "choking"after an arguement with his girlfriend???? Is "choking"the code word for a hanging?Whats up with that?

On a personal,slightly off topic note, Ive have been bothered by how in the news articles they are insistent on "separating"the adopted from the born children.They cant just say "ashley's brother" they have to say "ashley's ADOPTED brother".These children were all Billings' children regardless of how they came into the family & its clear the family saw them as being one & the same....why cant the media????:confused:

Hi re: Tabitha(sp) Tabatha it is hard to ascertain the correct spelling of her name different news articles have it spelled each way. I think Middle name was casey could be last name by birth or previous marriage also has a Fausti name in there. I digress anyway I am uncertain about correct spelling. IMO of course.

I don't know....I think if Hugh were the driver, he would have been arrested as well...no?

Keeping in mind that Hugh Wiggins has NOT been identified as the driver and this puzzle piece is speculative, I am theorizing that Hugh is connected to the investigation of "gangs" and "drugs" and the DEA and ATF need him mobile to further their side of the investigation.

On July 9, a group of seven men, some dressed in Ninja type garb, executed a well-planned raid on the Billings' panhandle Florida home, taking the couple's safe and other items.

According to an arrest warrant, Hugh Wiggins, the husband of Pamela Long Wiggins, told investigators that the safe stolen from the home had been kept behind the Wiggins' home in Gulf Breeze.
http://crime.about.com/b/2009/07/17/woman-arrested-in-florida-home-invasion-case.htm

Granted, Hugh Wiggins didn't HAVE TO be the driver to know the location of the safe, but he also didn't have to know where the safe was at all. Pamela could have explained it as an attempt to organize the back yard or whatever. Knowing this vital piece of information seems to make Hugh an accessory after the fact as well. Yet, we find no records of his arrest and/or release.

In the interest of keeping things "real", I'll refrain from going into this "angle" any further until some news is released or pertinent info is discovered. I understand that a morning presser is scheduled for Monday which should be interesting.

and the fact that it was Ashey's brother. I would have thought that would have been mentioned by now. It would have had to be a paternal brother becuase we know who all of Melanies children were

They did not say that it was "this" Ashley's brother, only that "an" Ashley had a brother that was killed in a home invasion.

IMO, the post was about how the other home invasion didn't receive the attention that the Billings murders have, and is not related to this case.

I am reading that as it being someone else named Ashley. Not the Billings' daughter Ashley.

They also may have paid for private homestudies, there are many unethical caseworkers out there. IMO

I remember reading earlier that the Billingses did not receive money from State or Federal agencies but I can't provide a link. I remember they were entitled to 455.00 from one agency and 500.00 from another but chose to pay for their children themselves.

Hello everyone! This is my first post, but I've been following this tragedy from the beginning. I live in Gulf Breeze (very close to both GB suspects). NSC, I've found your search results quite intriguing. Is it against the rules for you to post your personal opinion as to where this case is leading? If it isn't, I for one would love to hear your opinion.

Welcome to WS! I'm also a Breezer.

Just a word of warning that this site can become addicting:)

Per the newest pnj.com article it said Ashley's other brother(adopted)died due to "apparent suicide"!!!!! Is this the son who we initially heard died from "choking"after an arguement with his girlfriend???? Is "choking"the code word for a hanging?Whats up with that?

On a personal,slightly off topic note, Ive have been bothered by how in the news articles they are insistent on "separating"the adopted from the born children.They cant just say "ashley's brother" they have to say "ashley's ADOPTED brother".These children were all Billings' children regardless of how they came into the family & its clear the family saw them as being one & the same....why cant the media????:confused:

Maybe because some were adopted and some weren't. I think the differentiation is EXTREMELY important.

My opinion only

Hi everyone. I grew up in Pensacola but now live about 2 hours away. My parents still live there and I finally had a chance yesterday to talk to my mom about this story . My mom used to work for a car dealer in Pensacola and she said that Patrick Jr. worked for the same dealership for a short amount of time. After he left that dealership he went to work for another dealership in Pensacola. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but thought it was interesting since we know that Byrd owned a car lot himself.

Any locals have any insight on the comment below left on this article....http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090719/NEWS01/907190335

jespiker wrote:

I feel sorry for Ashley and her loss. However, I also know a Ashley that lost her brother in a home invasion murder that occurred about a month ago on the west side of town. So many people were devastated by this loss but I don't see the hype on that murder as this one. What about our pain and loss? The Michael Jackson media was much more appropriate, this one, not so much.
7/19/2009 2:30:56 AM

Bolded by me.

Just seems odd that there were two home invasions in one town within a month. Any info on this?

I don't have any insight other than the author of that post sure didn't have to add that ugly comment at the end. Why is there so much hatred in this world. GEEZ!

Did anyone else notice one of the witness docs on PNJ had Pennsylvania as the address? No exact location. It's in Pamela Wiggins docs.

Does anyone have a list of the attornies used in the SandShaker bust handy?

I am trying to find out if a certain attorney, initialsJRA was involved in that case.

Thanks

Does anyone have a list of the attornies used in the SandShaker bust handy?

I am trying to find out if a certain attorney, initialsJRA was involved in that case.

Thanks

I don't, but over 30 peeps were busted (including an attorney or two) so I'm sure there are lots and lots of attorneys connected to the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018