Couple who adopted 12 children shot to death #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see any connection between the *advertiser censored* case and this case at this time. However, IMO..if you research all the main and peripheral characters of the Sandshaker scandal, you will find at least one or more names that are similar to names of one or more individuals in this case. I do not know if there is any connection between those names but does make one wonder.

Please provide some links and details.

Not directed at you Oleone, but I REALLY hope this thread has not turned into let's look at some of P'Cola's scandals/big cases (and we've had several) and let's throw it out there and see what sticks.

JMHO.

I don’t see any connection between the *advertiser censored* case and this case at this time. However, IMO..if you research all the main and peripheral characters of the Sandshaker scandal, you will find at least one or more names that are SIMILAR to names of one or more individuals in this case. I do not know if there is any connection between those names but does make one wonder.
Bolded by me..............SIMILAR or SAME?????? Theres a difference!!!!!!!

ALSO:Even if all the Billings adoptions werent on the "up and up" ,hoew could that be motive for murder? In addition they had ALOT of adoptions...youre going to tell me they were all hinky? Also if the adoptions werent legal why consent to all the press over the years???

Does anyone have a list of the attornies used in the SandShaker bust handy?

I am trying to find out if a certain attorney, initialsJRA was involved in that case.

Thanks

IMO..Too many people involved to list here but if you google it you will find many links with a lot of good info. IMO..I would suggest that you check names on both sides of the fence and maybe run some of them. this is JMO and in no way indicates any connections with the name of the deceased.

Hi everyone. I grew up in Pensacola but now live about 2 hours away. My parents still live there and I finally had a chance yesterday to talk to my mom about this story . My mom used to work for a car dealer in Pensacola and she said that Patrick Jr. worked for the same dealership for a short amount of time. After he left that dealership he went to work for another dealership in Pensacola. I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but thought it was interesting since we know that Byrd owned a car lot himself.

What dealership was it?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/16/national/main5163759.shtml
Billings Sued Own Son for Child Support for Granddaughter, Documents Show; DEA Probing Murder as Cops Arrest Eighth Suspect,A clearer picture of the finances of Melanie and Byrd Billings emerged Thursday revealing the murdered couple may have had money problems.

Meanwhile, authorities continued investigating the precisely executed, deadly break-in at the victims' Florida Panhandle home, with the Drug Enforcement Administration confirming their involvement in the case and police arresting an eighth suspect. Police are also still seeking at least one more accomplice who they believe failed his assignment to disable the house's surveillance system.

Court documents show the Billings, who were known for adopting 13 children with special needs, sued their own adult son for child support in 2008 after they took in his daughter - their granddaughter - in 2006, reports CBS News correspondent Terrell Brown.
They also had asked for a $50,000 life insurance policy for the then-18-year-old girl, with themselves as the beneficiaries.

Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan told CBS' "The Early Show" that the police have not investigated the Billings' finances as they've searched for their killers.

The DEA has also been investigating the murder from the beginning. Their interest - possible drugs and money laundering, though officials won't say who they're probing, reports Brown

Other federal agencies are also involved in the case. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is helping trace the weapons used in the attack and the FBI is working to enhance the security video retrieved from the house.
(if this has laready been posted sorry)

What dealership was it?

Have a look at LPGs arrest report. I am speaking from memory, but I believe it said he worked for HondaLand around 1999 or so. I believe it said in the Warrenty department??? But I can not be 100 percent sure of the date.

Bolded by me..............SIMILAR or SAME?????? Theres a difference!!!!!!!

ALSO:Even if all the Billings adoptions werent on the "up and up" ,hoew could that be motive for murder? In addition they had ALOT of adoptions...youre going to tell me they were all hinky? Also if the adoptions werent legal why consent to all the press over the years???

Thank you for pointing out the difference. I would never have known that if you hadn’t pointed it out. I guess my mistake was a poor choice of that word. Perhaps I should have said familiar rather than similar but that would not have been correct either. IMO..Someone with the same last name but a different first, middle or slang name might be considered similar but not the same. I do not know if these names can in any way be connected to the murders. I was born and lived in the area for 70 years so I know a little about the history of the area, both good and bad. I have no intention of putting any names on this board. I believe we have been cautioned about that and a long list of initials is confusing as many have said. I thought this board was about putting ideas out there for anyone to help follow up on. My thought was perhaps someone else could dig deeper into this than I have been able to do. Sorry didn't mean to butt in.

Any locals have any insight on the comment below left on this article....http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090719/NEWS01/907190335

jespiker wrote:

I feel sorry for Ashley and her loss. However, I also know a Ashley that lost her brother in a home invasion murder that occurred about a month ago on the west side of town. So many people were devastated by this loss but I don't see the hype on that murder as this one. What about our pain and loss? The Michael Jackson media was much more appropriate, this one, not so much.
7/19/2009 2:30:56 AM

Bolded by me.

Just seems odd that there were two home invasions in one town within a month. Any info on this?

I know some people are questioning the relavence to this other murder. HOWEVER, I will state that some of us are looking into this and it IMO IMO, could have a tie due to a much BIGGER and broader picture going on this this town ! IMO IMO!!!!!!!!!!

A Realtor is someone who is a member of the National Association of Realtors. This does not mean that she was not a real estate agent. Any real estate agent who is not a member of that trade group cannot call themselves a Realtor.

Personally I think it is a crappy way for the National Association of Realtors to use such a tragedy to advance their own desire to distinguish "Realtor" from "real estate agent" in the public's mind.

Keeping in mind that Hugh Wiggins has NOT been identified as the driver and this puzzle piece is speculative, I am theorizing that Hugh is connected to the investigation of "gangs" and "drugs" and the DEA and ATF need him mobile to further their side of the investigation.

On July 9, a group of seven men, some dressed in Ninja type garb, executed a well-planned raid on the Billings' panhandle Florida home, taking the couple's safe and other items.

According to an arrest warrant, Hugh Wiggins, the husband of Pamela Long Wiggins, told investigators that the safe stolen from the home had been kept behind the Wiggins' home in Gulf Breeze.
http://crime.about.com/b/2009/07/17/woman-arrested-in-florida-home-invasion-case.htm

Granted, Hugh Wiggins didn't HAVE TO be the driver to know the location of the safe, but he also didn't have to know where the safe was at all. Pamela could have explained it as an attempt to organize the back yard or whatever. Knowing this vital piece of information seems to make Hugh an accessory after the fact as well. Yet, we find no records of his arrest and/or release.

In the interest of keeping things "real", I'll refrain from going into this "angle" any further until some news is released or pertinent info is discovered. I understand that a morning presser is scheduled for Monday which should be interesting.

This has been asked, but don't think it was ever answered. CNN or one of the news stations reported it was Hugh on the yacht with PLW the day she was caught.

I know some people are questioning the relavence to this other murder. HOWEVER, I will state that some of us are looking into this and it IMO IMO, could have a tie due to a much BIGGER and broader picture going on this this town ! IMO IMO!!!!!!!!!!

So, you think there's some type of conspiracy or something related to family members of people named Ashley?

NSC, this is not directed at you personally, but as I posted last night, if you don't have a link (or any evidence whatsoever) to back up any accusations, please don't post it.

I don't think anyone is looking into the other home invasion because of two victims named Ashley....

but two home invasions in the same area is something that people could logically look at.....

maybe a link...

maybe not....

A Realtor is someone who is a member of the National Association of Realtors. This does not mean that she was not a real estate agent. Any real estate agent who is not a member of that trade group cannot call themselves a Realtor.

Personally I think it is a crappy way for the National Association of Realtors to use such a tragedy to advance their own desire to distinguish "Realtor" from "real estate agent" in the public's mind.

I think it would be more about vindicating the Realtor Pamala Long because of the mix up with Pamala Long Wiggins.
The Realtor Long got pretty shaken up from the media blitzing onto her from the confusion of the frenzy about the case.

Please provide some links and details.

Not directed at you Oleone, but I REALLY hope this thread has not turned into let's look at some of P'Cola's scandals/big cases (and we've had several) and let's throw it out there and see what sticks.

JMHO.

My only interest in this past case was one or more names in the drug connection. I don't enjoy watching my hometown dragged through the mud again. I think it has been established that DEA and others are involved with the investigation of the monsters that commited this horrible act. These monsters are off the streets but if, through this, others can be caught, I think it is worth the effort to look for any connection, whether the victims were aware of it or not. We either look for any connection or we don't. Can't have it both ways.

So, you think there's some type of conspiracy or something related to family members of people named Ashley?

NSC, this is not directed at you personally, but as I posted last night, if you don't have a link (or any evidence whatsoever) to back up any accusations, please don't post it.

NCS did not make the original post. I think she is only following up on it as a bizarre possible connection.

Why else would she say "IMO" as a response to someone else?

New story on PNJ: http://www.pnj.com/article/20090719...ef--rumors--family&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

includes some interesting background, to those who have NOT been keeping up with what we were sleuthing, including

"DCF attorney Katie George said every time the agency addressed a letter to Billings that included his children's names, he would reply with an invoice demanding millions of dollars in copyright infringement."
That is a powerful statement. Anyone know if there is any validity to it?

ETA: found an earlier post that did verify it.

What dealership was it?
He worked at the Chrysler store on 29 before the current owner, owned it. This was back in the late 90's. And I want to say he was in sales, not warranty (for Chrysler). NO I did not work with him, a family member did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hongwuzhiye59