WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #7

Thanks everyone that responded to my post about the flipflop. It's probably nothing. But you never know. I just wish I knew if she was really wearing flipflops. ARRGGGHH!
The river I live on feeds into the mighty Columbia River. It's VERY popular with fisherman The place I found this flipflop is down a very small bank from my line of vision from here in the house. It's a sandy beach but the trees make a very nice cover. Hard to explain. I just remember stopping in my tracks when I saw the flipflop and did a turbo search of my memory bank for LB's shoes. It was wierd. Then I picked it up and we put it aside so we could find it if we needed to. I'll wait and see if the flipflop thing pans out. If it does, I'll be on that phone!

I missed the post saying what to delete but I see that our Animal is walking quietly behind us. :eek:
z7shysterical.gif

Thanks Animal!
Maybe since Cyber missed it...she could delete post #389 for us, too! Smooches, Manimal~

We may never get a confirmation on what shoes she was actually wearing, Lotsa~ If you call it in and they don't react by rushing out there...safe bet it wasn't black flip flops. However, if you do call it in and the next thing you see are helicopters and men in uniforms with badges...then we can confirm it. LOL

I remember someone posted about an SO who had a string of DUI type arrests. I was going to go look in the SO thread but haven't had a chance reading all the new posts. LLOLOLL

Well, one of 'em was that old guy with the aviator glasses who has a relative in McCleary.

[

I'm half asleep and have to go to bed. Save my seat - I'll check back in the morning! :grouphug:

Me too Kimster. BTW we are going to swelter tomoz and all week long, with triple digits by the weekend. Stay cool ;}

I guess she could have been hiding, but it doesn't make sense to me since her jacket was by the station unless she took it off herself. My assumption would be he grabbed it and she shucked it off in order to get away from him. She would have to be quite a distance away from him to try and hide, IMO.

She may have kicked him in the crotch and gained some distance, but not enough to make it home, so she decided to hide?

Oh, I know who you are talking about...I think. T. Aaron.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Registered Sex Offenders In And Around McCleary, WA

(This is why it is important to post things on their proper threads here! It is so easy to find things later!!)

Nifty Neato! I need to learn how to pull up one post like that. I just went and grabbed his photo but I'll not post it. And yes, how great to be able to run right to this man with aviator type glasses. LOL

She may have kicked him in the crotch and gained some distance, but not enough to make it home, so she decided to hide?
I just don't see if he was close enough to grab her jacket...how she could be far enough ahead of him to hide. Maybe she was going to cut through the brush to put some distance between them and got caught up somehow which allowed him time to grab her at that point.

Nifty Neato! I need to learn how to pull up one post like that. I just went and grabbed his photo but I'll not post it. And yes, how great to be able to run right to this man with aviator type glasses. LOL
If you click on the number of the post...it pulls up the single post and then you just paste/copy it here as a link. ;)

I don't recall reading about him having Drunk Driving convictions tho.

A sweatshirt almost seems unlikely given the temperature.

Both times i was in McCleary i parked @ the park & ride behind Shell. I never saw anyone looking around in that area - or going up/down mommsen. Which may or may not mean anything.

The closest (to that area) that i saw some one actively looking/searching was behind the PD @ the bridge. (w/dog)

Also KK (or K) might have the best info on what Lindsey was wearing. When i spoke w/KK in re: shoes i think she would've said flip flop if that was the (literal) case - (who knows, could be wrong) - Don't recall sweatshirt being mentioned. I do recall KK indicating Lindsey wearing some type of slip-on that she felt would've easily come off.

The jacket was described as a "hoodie". This could be lighter than a sweatshirt and either zip or be a pullover.

Since LE was actively searching all through the night from 10:45pm on...I would have to assume they found the jacket and shoe during the initial search of her possible routes to home. By daybreak, they may have already cleared the scene and no one would really have noticed they were there.

You guys are the best. Signing off for now. Prayers for Lindsey.

I guess she could have been hiding, but it doesn't make sense to me since her jacket was by the station unless she took it off herself. My assumption would be he grabbed it and she shucked it off in order to get away from him. She would have to be quite a distance away from him to try and hide, IMO.

It makes perfect sense to me. Cyber said her sweatshirt was in an open area and found not far from her slipon which was found in the bushes and almost within sight of her home.

To me that says the sweatshirt was almost to the bridge and the shoe was nearby the bridge as I think you could look kiddy korner thru the trees from there and see her house. We read that in a post I think.

I think she had almost made it to the bridge when he grabbed at her and got ahold of the bottom back of her sweatshirt and it came off, she kept running towards the bush where he grabbed her again and down she went and off with her shoe. He evidently wanted to get out of there pronto cause he was so close to the police station and maybe knocked her out then carried her under his arm to his car.

Could this old man have done that?

Now I'm thinking that I read that the witness who saw Lindsey lived on 6th and Simpson. That is UNCONFIRMED. Maybe she took a left on 6th instead of a right and walked down Simpson, across 3rd and back behind the station to get the bike she had maybe parked by the bridge. That would be a good hiding place to leave it and not worry about someone stealing it. Just sayin'

You guys are the best. Signing off for now. Prayers for Lindsey.
G'nite! I have to be up in hmmm...four hours. Guess I better hit it myself! Work is going to be rough today. LOL (This was worth it tho!! Great job, WSers!)

A sweatshirt almost seems unlikely given the temperature.

Both times i was in McCleary i parked @ the park & ride behind Shell. I never saw anyone looking around in that area - or going up/down mommsen. Which may or may not mean anything.

The closest (to that area) that i saw some one actively looking/searching was behind the PD @ the bridge. (w/dog)

Also KK (or K) might have the best info on what Lindsey was wearing. When i spoke w/KK in re: shoes i think she would've said flip flop if that was the (literal) case - (who knows, could be wrong) - Don't recall sweatshirt being mentioned. I do recall KK indicating Lindsey wearing some type of slip-on that she felt would've easily come off.

It could be just terminology people are getting mixed up on. A sweatshirt might be a hoodie by any other name. Too, they had been swimming and maybe she was a little cold, especially if her hair was wet. It get's pretty windy here sometimes and as soon as that sun goes down, gets a little nip to it.

It makes perfect sense to me. Cyber said her sweatshirt was in an open area and found not far from her slipon which was found in the bushes and almost within sight of her home.

To me that says the sweatshirt was almost to the bridge and the shoe was nearby the bridge as I think you could look kiddy korner thru the trees from there and see her house. We read that in a post I think.

I think she had almost made it to the bridge when he grabbed at her and got ahold of the bottom back of her sweatshirt and it came off, she kept running towards the bush where he grabbed her again and down she went and off with her shoe. He evidently wanted to get out of there pronto cause he was so close to the police station and maybe knocked her out then carried her under his arm to his car.

Could this old man have done that?

Now I'm thinking that I read that the witness who saw Lindsey lived on 6th and Simpson. That is UNCONFIRMED. Maybe she took a left on 6th instead of a right and walked down Simpson, across 3rd and back behind the station to get the bike she had maybe parked by the bridge. That would be a good hiding place to leave it and not worry about someone stealing it. Just sayin'
I have always thought she walked to Simpson and down towards the park to cut across the bridge, but I wasn't aware she had to get the bike behind the station. Altho..she still could have cut through the park and walked back towards the station to get the bike where she encountered him.

A perp has one advantage during a crime: Adrenalin. Age may not be a huge factor with the adrenalin flowing and the thrill of the chase etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheyenne1060
Back