2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

Are we over-thinking the freezer line of questioning?

Were they simply trying to establish that Casey had been in the garage to steal stuff out of the freezer the day she dumped the sunfire at Amscot? Remember when Tony picked her up she had a used grocery bag of frozen stuff that he thought she'd grabbed from her parents? (Tyson's chicken maybe? Or was that one of the Target purchases?)

Either way, perhaps they were trying to verify that and establish something to do with the car &/or body dump timeline? Casey steal food from the freezer - perhaps grabs other items, dumps car, Tony picks her up with frozen food.

I was wondering if I overthought the line of questioning about the exact nature of the Detective job GA had back in Ohio.

It seemed that they were asking for specifics and he told them he worked on one homicide.

I wonder where the line of questioning about communications between KC and her family are going? There are pages of questions about it.

Specifically asking GA if he had seen something that he could not keep that was a communication from KC?

Anyone know? I'm too tired to figure it out at this point. TIA.

Displaying an exchange of email notes on JB's computer?

I wonder about this whole dynamic-GA has left their house once, filed for divorce before CA did, and had no problem seeking out other women on the net (daily), so why is he holding on so tightly to his "family" now that he is willing to tow CA's line? He knows the truth of what he encountered that day he picked up the car and other things before, why the dramatic change? If CA threatened divorce if he did not start telling her version, well, they have been down that road before, and divorce was not an all together foreign prospect to GA.

I guess this could be an altered state of normal for families that go through this, but I have to wonder if CA threatened GA with some sort of exposure. It's just that his testimonies from beginning to now are so night and day, I want to know why the pivot.

$$$$$'s? La Bella Vita?

Here's a link to the depo:
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310228/detail.html

I didn't know that George had 3 sisters. Where are they now? Have they been active in KC's life as her only aunts? I'm just curious if George's family were close with him and his kids or not.

During the first couple of weeks, one of George's sisters was there at the Anthony house.

In an interview, Cindy was asked when they learned Casey had been arrested. She said that she, George, and George's sister, were monitoring the television as they expected an Amber Alert for Caylee. She said someone called them and told them to quickly turn to such and such channel, as they were reporting that Casey had been arrested.

The local news media interviewed George and his sister setting up a card table in a supermarket parking lot and passing out flyers sometime during the first couple of weeks.

After that, George's sister wasn't seen again.

OK - just finished his depo....wow. GA is a very, very distrubed individual who has lost all of his dignity over the years. From feeling inadequate as a provider, to CA telling him basically she didn't give a if he left, but her precious KC and Caylee would not leave, to the mishaps of his losing many, many jobs and feeling like CA was the breadwinner (his words). He is sad. Neither he nor CA accept the remains as being Caylee. I think we can see where the defense if going. Someone still has her....right. I did find it intriguing when LDB asked about the freezer in the garage........hmmmmmm

I don't think it was in the Greta visit video.

I am not positive, but IF I am recalling correctly, a bright sleuther dug it up in old pictures and brought it out as a comparison of either the bag or changes in Caylee's room in either one of the laundry bag threads or around the time when we saw the release of the pictures that LE took during the Dec 08 search warrant visits.

I'll dig for it in the threads after I read the depos.
Thx 'cause I'm drawin' a blank!

I wonder if GA throwing TL under the bus (and LA too by another poster, I haven't read LA's depo yet) is an indication of what the defense has planned, surely Baez wouldn't use that?

He really wouldn't be that --I don't know the word---but he couldn't possibly be thinking of trying that right?

Because if that's all he's got, I really worry about an appeal on inadequate representation.

Gaw.

Displaying an exchange of email notes on JB's computer?

I have always thought that the reason Baez wanted to take his laptop into the jail was to use Skype so KC could link up with the Anthonys.

oh also....CA is a ball buster and she runs that house and calls the shots. I also find it interesting that the SAs were interested in just HOW KC came up with the BP story...after GA, CA, and LA were putting together differrent "scenarios".

Also love the fact that we now know that they will receive boucoudles of money for the story of the murder of their granddaughter by their monster daughter.....$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wonder if GA throwing TL under the bus (and LA too by another poster, I haven't read LA's depo yet) is an indication of what the defense has planned, surely Baez wouldn't use that?

He really wouldn't be that --I don't know the word---but he couldn't possibly be thinking of trying that right?

Because if that's all he's got, I really worry about an appeal on inadequate representation.

Gaw.

You are right to worry- if you notice every time he objects about something during the depo someone has to correct him as to how to phrase it.

I believe the depo states that Brad Conway is there as representation for George. MN was his attorney during the time that he testified for the grand jury. This depo was just taken in August, about 2 months ago.

No offense to BC, but I am grateful that MN likely managed to convince George to tell some degree of the truth to the GJ. I have a hunch that George's further prevarications after the GJ had a lot to do with MN wisely walking away from the case.

I believe someone has since coached George extensively. I would heartily like to think that it hasn't been BC, but rather JB and team.

To this day, I STILL wonder just how much different this case would be if George and Cindy had separate legal advisors, as so many of us thought from the very beginning that they should. Just pause for a few minutes and imagine how radically different the outcome might have been.

I'm still reading the depo and I'm way behind a lot of you. It's good to take a "reality" break from time to time.

I am beginning to realize that neither George nor Cindy really know their children. I can remember how often Cindy would reply to questions about Casey by relating how SHE would feel if put in Casey's situation. She frequently assumes that, having raised her children, they think just the way she does.

George just did the same thing when discussing Casey's understanding of what effect her fake-deposit slip had on the family. George doesn't have a clue as to how Casey felt.

Beginning on p. 89, line 24

Q Did Casey see how these problems were affecting the family?

A Oh, I'm sure she did. I mean, anyone would -- they could see it. I mean, I would understand it if I would have done that to my family. I think I would have been responsible enought to see that. Yes.

I was wondering if I overthought the line of questioning about the exact nature of the Detective job GA had back in Ohio.

It seemed that they were asking for specifics and he told them he worked on one homicide.

Which is somewhat evasive and contrary to his earlier statements. I don't know the exact wording, but in an early interview when George didn't want Cindy and Lee to know he was in speaking with LE/FBI, when George discussed the decomp smell he alluded to the fact that he'd smelled it many times before.

So, perhaps he did only work one homicide, I don't know. But, her certainly had exposure to decomposing bodies in his career by interpretation of his own words.

(OT p.s. hope you're well settled in after the big move.)

Not to step on anyone's toes, and maybe this was already brought up but I'm a couple pages behind...

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives airs in repeats pretty much every day of the week. It's one of Food Network's most popular shows. The June 15th date would be a first-run episode. Someone would have to likely contact Food Network (I could do it tomorrow) or find TV listings in cache to determine when DD&D aired on June 16th. I'd bet money it did, but that doesn't mean GA's timeframe is at all accurate.

Not to step on anyone's toes, and maybe this was already brought up but I'm a couple pages behind...

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives airs in repeats pretty much every day of the week. It's one of Food Network's most popular shows. The June 15th date would be a first-run episode. Someone would have to likely contact Food Network (I could do it tomorrow) or find TV listings in cache to determine when DD&D aired on June 16th. I'd bet money it did, but that doesn't mean GA's timeframe is at all accurate.

The schedule is posted here on one of the old threads, MoB. I'll go look for it for you.

ETA links:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2758282&postcount=156"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Nancy Grace 9-30-08[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3768606&postcount=287"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Padilla Says George A's Story Untrue[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3114099&postcount=407"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Anthony's Seek Full Immunity#2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2975726&postcount=242"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Nancy Grace - Friday, 11/21/2008[/ame]

Tons more, but that might save you some time searching. HTH

Total Control?

CA and family image. To me, CA is a classic keep it within the immediate family person and within that, CA wears the pants NOT GA!! There are matters that CA deals with in the family, or between CA and KC that are never shared.

CA lies to everyone else because this is an internal family private matter that does not gel with the external image she wants to present.

If CA had her way Caylee's demise would have been an internal family matter had she known and not dialled 911 to threaten KC.

CA had total control of everyone in that family! Had she not called 911, Caylee's death would have been dealt with by CA, the remains disposed of and no one outside the family would have known. There would have been a new lie to cover for where Caylee was...........the biological father had claimed parental rights and Caylee was living with him for a while, or something along this line.

I think the real dynamic that's been in place since July 15, 2008 is that someone outside the Anthony family - the Orange County Sheriffs Office - has taken control. THIS is what CA has been battling since that fateful day - someone taking the control over what CA demands is rightfully hers. She cannot stand the fact that she's no longer in control of what happens to her daughter. That control has been taken away from her.

Does anyone think the freezer questioning might be that it is possible they think caylee may have been placed in the freezer at some point?
How would this fit in with the evidence?
If she was it would have to be prior to decomp or the freezer would stink.
What if she was placed there early on say within 24 hours and not removed until the 24 or even the 25th?
Car would still have decomp smell but it would get stronger over time.
This could fill in any problems with the amount of time from the 16th until the about the 24th which seemed too long to have the body in a hot trunk without everybody smelling the car within a block I am thinking. The body may have only been in the trunk for 2 to 3 days? Would this explain why no blow flies? Would this explain anything else?

Up way too late and absolutely blown away by this family...
If they can make up all this these things and twist and turn everything then anything is possible.I cant help but wonder if the recently filed motion about KC not reporting missing is actually that, she never did report her missing because she told CA what had happened and CA ran with the story of Caylees missing.KC never made up that story it was CA all along. omg..tired and cant even believe this family.There is such thing as supporting /finding forgiveness with your daughter even though she is a cold blooded murder but this is PURE COVERUP..disgusting.

I'd love to know what Baez and Conway thought of George's answers. They were probably trying not to squirm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DNALab4U
Back