2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony

George states that he was watching Drive up Diners and Dives on the Food Network on June 16th as KC & Caylee were leaving the house.
Drive up Diners and Dives did not air on June 16th it aired on June 15th
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1020913/episodes

Not to step on anyone's toes, and maybe this was already brought up but I'm a couple pages behind...

Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives airs in repeats pretty much every day of the week. It's one of Food Network's most popular shows. The June 15th date would be a first-run episode. Someone would have to likely contact Food Network (I could do it tomorrow) or find TV listings in cache to determine when DD&D aired on June 16th. I'd bet money it did, but that doesn't mean GA's timeframe is at all accurate.

Momtective already checked it out: Nope.

NOTE: I've peppered GA's comments with a hint of sarcastic commentary.

He says early in his interview that he and CA talk about these "scenarios" 99% of each day right? But he doesn't tell her that he's following around JB, TL or RM? And when he says (paraphrasing) we know who's responsible and we're following them to a news station, didn't CA or LA beg for him to tell them to help in the investigation???

But, I'm confused GA. Didn't CA tell you out on the driveway that KC said "someone named Z" (hhhhmmm...wouldn't you be looking for her? And, I don't know...didn't you say CA and you had heard Z mentioned before - it's seems KC would just say Z not someone named Z cause you guys know Z right?)

But why didn't they change their locks if according to KC, their safety was at risk. Oh yeah, GA said they didn't give keys out to anyone but family. But wait? When CA asked KC, 'Does Z have a key?' and KC responds 'Yes mom, I told you that'...wasn't that alarming to CA-wouldn't it prompt her to have those locks changed on the double?

Anywho, he goes on to say when asked why he's looking at these 3...'it's just a gut feeling. Because there's a lot of things about the inconsistencies these peeps have said'. Hmmm...casting reasonable doubt GA? Did you forget about that little mess of inconsistency your daughter created - you have to clean that up.

And then, I had to laugh when he said he even went to fusian to try to meet TL about 10ish days after 7/15. Funny, I didn't hear TL state in his interview that GA went to see him at Fusian or anyone else for that matter - oh that's easy to explain...it's not like every news station in the area wasn't broadcasting GA's face. GA, you're such a great, secret, secret detective that no one even saw you since they obviously never mentioned it.

Oh and the thing about TL...I think he's involved in prostitution (code: 'If I think that, I can explain away those questionable pics of KC that YM showed me')

Then, according to GA...CA never mentioned anything was unusual when KC was gone that whole month. Hmmm...guess she just talked to her mother about it since she'd written all about it to her sister. I'm glad GA and CA got so much closer from this whole thing - from not mentioning anything at all to GA in that 31 days to their talking about it 99% of everyday.

And finally, 'I don't believe that was Caylee's body'...couldn't you just say 'cause this way when the defense says this is junk science, maybe we can plant the seed to the jury that she'll walk into the court room at any minute...that's why we chose to cremate her. This way she's poof...gone so even more of a positive ID that it's her can't be done' But ooops GA - I thought I heard somewhere that you and CA are going to be talking about 'Someone else murdered your gd' on 48 hrs mystery. I'm just confused GA.

This depo...another nail in the ol coffin.

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, as I have just spent what feels like 39 hours reading GA depo and therefore have not read through the entire thread (just snippets to try to catch my questions before I bother to re-ask), but

:waitasec: did we already know that CA went to Universal on July 3rd? Shock to me until reading GA depo. If there is a link to this question/answer TYIA :blushing:

:waitasec: did we already know that Tilly and Tinker, whatever the A's dogs names are correctly as it's very late right now - sorry!!! - were throwing up????? TYIA!!!!!!!

I had another doozie to enquire about but, alas, it has floated away....oooooh, there it goes. Right along with all of the "I'll deal with it"'s from Cindy.......that apparently and blatantly obviously (MURDER) never quite actually came to fruition........:loser:

George is LYING so many times in this depo and so obviously that it actually hurt to read it...His memory is faulty when it needs to be and perfect oh so perfect at other times...hmmm...isn't that convenient?

George seems to be implying that someone IN the sheriff's departmemt must have put that tape on his gas can because he certainly did not do it and it was not there when they took the gas can in August but was there when they gave it back. He is ALL over the place about that gas can. He lays to rest the age of the can (which some of us had debated-20 years old). He didn't use it, no he did use it, no he didn't use it, until it was just ridiculous!

He had caught Casey in her lies about her job, but Cindy said back off jack and so, not wanting to upset Cindy or Casey, he just backed the heck off and went his merry way.

He taught his children they had to work for what they wanted...if Casey wanted a car she would have to work for it, no wait, she already HAD a car which I had given her, so it was gas and insurance she was working for, no wait...in a quarter of a year she might have given him a hundred dollars or something...He expects his children to work and be responsible, but knowing she is lying and not working and NOT being responsible, still, he is not talking about it because QUEENY Cindy has decreed it and who is he to disagree?

Jesse held her down at Blanchard park...no wait, Zanny held her down at Blanchard Park...Jesse and Tony and Ricardo and Amy are all involved and there are things that LE just is unaware of, like Tony is a drug dealer... but upon being offered the chance to share those things? NOTHING!

Yep, I knew she stole from Lee...didn't know the details...Yep she stole thousands from US but I don't know the details...Cindy says she will handle it so I stick my head in the mud! Casey did nothing for Caylee, and yet Casey was a great provider!

MY HEAD HURTS~!:banghead::sick::banghead::furious::furious::banghead::sick::banghead:

All I can say is:
George the baptism was a total bust buddy-better try again!!!!!

I have to give it up for the night and I only made to page 217. I have to say though, I am thoroughly disgusted at GA's roll on the decomp. He has the audicity to say it could have been garbage he smelled. SHAME ON GA! What a way to throw your "beloved granddaughter" under the bus.

Poor Caylee. We love you sweetie and we will do our best to keep the SA's Office on the road to justice for you!

Salem

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, as I have just spent what feels like 39 hours reading GA depo and therefore have not read through the entire thread (just snippets to try to catch my questions before I bother to re-ask), but

:waitasec: did we already know that CA went to Universal on July 3rd? Shock to me until reading GA depo. If there is a link to this question/answer TYIA :blushing:

:waitasec: did we already know that Tilly and Tinker, whatever the A's dogs names are correctly as it's very late right now - sorry!!! - were throwing up????? TYIA!!!!!!!

I had another doozie to enquire about but, alas, it has floated away....oooooh, there it goes. Right along with all of the "I'll deal with it"'s from Cindy.......that apparently and blatantly obviously (MURDER) never quite actually came to fruition........:loser:
According to George they were NOT throwing up!
And we did know that Cindy went to Universal at some point...it was a setup by Casey to get her out of the house so she could get IN...

Two statements I loved:

GA to Ashton: I'm going to be very very blunt with you. Don't confuse me.

Ashton to JB: Do you have a "legal" objection?

One thing I did note is that apparently Cindy (have not read hers yet) lied and told LE that George had changed the locks on the garage and he said he never had...not for many many years, nor the front door locks...He DID say he had changed the KEYPAD on the front door around a year ago...keypad equals alarm doesn't it?

I hate that I can draw this metaphorical parallel, yet I am also grateful that the State is so firmly anchoring their ducks in a row that it literally chokes off the defense 'airways' every bit as effectively as Casey did with the duct tape.

CA had total control of everyone in that family! Had she not called 911, Caylee's death would have been dealt with by CA, the remains disposed of and no one outside the family would have known. There would have been a new lie to cover for where Caylee was...........the biological father had claimed parental rights and Caylee was living with him for a while, or something along this line.

I think the real dynamic that's been in place since July 15, 2008 is that someone outside the Anthony family - the Orange County Sheriffs Office - has taken control. THIS is what CA has been battling since that fateful day - someone taking the control over what CA demands is rightfully hers. She cannot stand the fact that she's no longer in control of what happens to her daughter. That control has been taken away from her.

Bold mine

Spot on, Leila!

I wonder if that message "I'm sorry, all circuits are busy" is being played when you call CBS...cause KC's defense and the A's are calling incessantly to try to reach someone to say, you better pull the show. The SA's released the depos and...we told you a few white lies.

what a crying shame!!!!! Going to bed now, the best is yet to come at 9:30 this AM. Good Morning !!!!

NOTE: Computer forensics sleuths - I THINK this is a significant doc to bookmark

To the best of my knowledge or recollection, this is the first time that entities involved in either the criminal or civil cases have documented George's statements in regards to his own use on the Anthony pc. As well, to the best of my knowledge, this is also the first time he has gone on record about his Google searches and his perception of Cindy's surfing behavior.

References for review:
  • GA depo, Page 301 - lines 11 - 25
  • GA depo, Page 302 - lines 1 - 25
  • GA depo, Page 303 - lines 1 - 18
Keynotes:
  • George notes that he is "... not a real Google-type of guy" (page 301 - line 16)
  • denies ever searching for chloroform - or any derivative term
  • further denies ever being the person to search for either 'neck-breaking' or 'dogs throwing up'
  • he further asserts that he never searched 'missing children sites' (which we already know are likely attibuted to searches done on July 15/16th thanks to JWG, JBJ, Valhall's, and other WS sleuthers research)
  • George states, "... up until all 'this stuff' Cindy was never really a computer person." (... one can only surmise the 'This Stuff' = CAYLEE'S 'disappearance.')
I just have to pause here and acknowledge that the SA managed to get all of this on the record in a graceful manner.

When JB and his team atempt to cast aspersions elsewhere and deflect, the adept team has already got relevant testimony on record.

I struggle often in juggling my respect for the law and my desire to believe in the process of law over my own emotionalism when it comes to this case.

I have to conclude that I shouldn't struggle so strenuously, because there are incredibly intelligent people at the helm.

i haven't even read these docs, i don't really want to. but i've been reading the threads and definitely getting the jist of what is in them. my heart aches for caylee, the poor child never had a chance. these people didn't live together as a family...they existed. they didn't teach either of their children sense of compassion, empathy, or responsibility. it seems their world revolved around cindy and casey period. a sense of entitlement comes to mind. definitely no sense of reality!! they still think caylee is alive!! i guess they figure if they can cause doubt that caylee is dead then that proves casey didn't kill caylee so they'd have to let her go.

ITA about the SAs using their noggins instead of their hearts to question GA. They were very gracious, broke a few times to give him a break (especially when he started crying a few times). GA is very easy to get info out of when he is away from CA. It is OBVIOUS they are going to claim that the piece of duct tape on the gas cans was not placed there by the family but by an outside source. GA even seemed to implicate LE. It is also very obvious that when he doesn't want to tell the truth, he says "I don't remember". The only time I think that he truly didn't remember, he clarified it by saying "honestly, I don't remember".

I just got through reading this ...... trip through the looking glass, I guess I'll call it.

A few observations:

1. With the acknowledgment that the Anthony family dynamics as revealed through GA's deposition does not include incest, torture rooms or child abuse, this is the most f'd up thing I've ever read.

2. GA - and this is not intended as an insult, but my own personal opinion - is the most henpecked, oblivious, spineless and virtually non-present bag of bones God ever bothered stringing a gut through. Now, some one can decide to delete this because they think I'm calling names, but I'm not. That's my soul-felt opinion of him, and I feel like if I don't say it I'm going to explode.

3. The only way I can describe how the prosecution's line of questioning on the stand will play out is a virtual verbal gang bang on George. I have never seen such a impending train wreck in my life.

Now with that said, I'll turn to the observations of fact:

1. George - you needed to mow the grass on June 24th, 2008. From June 24th to August 1st a frigging 8.66 inches of rain fell. Unless you're growing wheat in your backyard - YOU MOWED THE DAMNED GRASS!

2. But even if you didn't, George, you took the metal gas can to impound lot with gas in it. The lot owner has already described the "old metal gas can" - like what his own father had - one that looked like it had been around the block. YOU TOOK THE GAS CAN WITH GAS IN IT TO THE IMPOUND LOT ON JULY 15TH.

3. George, July 15th, when you learned that Zanny had taken your granddaughter, why, in your deposition did you relate learning of this as you were told of "some lady named Zanny" taking Caylee, when you are stating you knew Zanny was the known babysitter since January/February 2008? Why do you refer to her in a manner (two different times in your deposition) as if this is the first time you've heard of a lady named Zanny?

4. To Lee, Cindy and George: Do any of you weirdos know how absolutely insane it looks that while KC was sitting in the jail the first time you were having imaginary play time and concocting scenarios of Zanny and Jesse and Samantha doing smackdowns and grabs at the Jay Blanchard Park? And did you recruit Lee, or did Cindy take care of telling KC that that is what was going to be the new story?

And there's so much more, but because for the past 3 hours my brain has been in an environment of total oxygen deprivation I can't even think anymore.

UN-F*-BELIEVABLE

Lastly, I would like to ask our legal experts here a question...is there a reason that neither LE or the SA at this point have asked the burning question: George was Caylee's body in the trunk? for the 24th gas can issue??? Are they intentionally NOT wanting to get his response to that question prior to trial? I mean I'm hoping to God there is some reason this question that is screaming to be asked has not been asked.

Forgive me if this was already brought up,but do they video tape meetings between prisoners and their lawyers? I'm sure not audio,but I'm wondering if they have video of JB showing KC letters from the A's on his computer.Either that or a guard witnessed it.Could that be one of the Bar complaints about JB?
So many questions,so little sleep : )

And might I just add that I'm putting money on the table that the lovely miss Linda's last question to George, after he has been totally decimated and revealed before the jury, will be:

George could you please turn to page 308 of your deposition and tell me who is speaking on line 18 of that page?

A. Well - obfuscation - pretending to be illiterate - so it says blah blah blah - yeah, it's me.

Q. George would you please read the sentence that begins at the end of line 19 as you stated it on that date?

A. "I'll sell my soul to the devil right now to get her out of jail, to answer your question."

Q. George is the "her" you're referring to there your daughter, Casey?

A. Yes, yes it is.

Linda-the-Wrathbringer: No further questions, Your Honor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rhysiare
Back