FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE!! Someone else look at this video where Jennifer Waugh states they are out at the crime scene!!!! Want to make sure I am NOT loosing it. I think it is important because we might be able to focus on this being truth - or decide it is bad reporting or was a freudian slip??? She states this about 42 seconds into the segment!!!

SORRY for the delay....

YES you are so correcto-mundo!

Video states they still searching at an OP home were somer was last seen and RIGHT AT 42-43 seconds in Jennifer Waugh states "....it's been very busy HERE AT THIS CRIME SCENE.... "

Originally Posted by Kewpiedoll View Post
Mother talks about grief, anger, and determination.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html

When reporter ask her of anything strange or different she starts talking about the day she flagged down the officer, and she knew this was not like Somer going to someone's house.
Name change alert. Thanks to one great mod, I am going from Cheryl to "doggies".

But more importantly, what I want to know is HOW COULD MOM KNOW THIS WAS DIFFERENT THAN ALL THE OTHER TIMES?
I have thought and tossed this back and forth, tried and tried to come up with why she would think this.
Anyone have any ideas?
I thought at first it was because Mom knew where Somer went, but it doesn't sound that way from Megan the babysitter, who said Diena had a list and would call around. Megan also said that it would take sometimes 20 minutes to an hour for Somer to show back up.
And no one knew where she'd been???
Oh, yeah-Somer had a hidey-hole, someone who made her feel special. In which case, oh yeah, she was being primed. Or was already being used and abused.

I agree. I think someone in the immediate vicinity had already been talking/visiting with Somer prior to the day she disappeared. But what doesn't make sense is K, the worker at the vacant house. If it was him, other workers would have seen him talking with her on other occasions. Furthermore they would have seen something going on the day she disappeared. Now...if it wasn't K, then how did she get from the vacant house to the perp in such a short timeframe??? Something is not adding up here. It's driving me crazy :(

Wrong RSO ~ I'm sorry! I was referring to the brother of the construction owner.

wow maybe we need to use initials for all these RSO and so's ... all the posts are going to be so messed up .. now I will delete my post cause I thought it was about the brother to construction guy too.. TIA

Are you locked into the SO who was arrested today for failure to register?
sorry if already discussed just getting in from work.

Hi, I am new here..

I agree with this post, that someone may have known Somers path and was watching, waiting for the right moment. This is so very sad, especially for her siblings

Welcome MarieG...

I agree also. I think someone had been watching her before this day, then saw her alone and took the opportunity.

2:32 School dismissed--- give 5min. for visiting friends, gathering materials
2:37 Kids leave the building walking toward 1080 Gano Ave. Normal walking time from school to 1080 Gano Ave. is 5 min. Somer ran ahead, probably putting her @ 1080 Gano Ave. 1-2 min before the other kids
2:40 Somer arrives at 1080 Gano Ave.
2:42 the other kids arrived @ 1080 Gano Ave.

Thanks so much! It looks like Somer disappeared in 2 minutes - it took Somer 3 min to reach Gano (2:40) and two minutes later the others arrive (2:42). If Somer had veered off to talk with someone, the kids would certainly miss her. Pedophiles work quick and unless it was a *advertiser censored* kidnapping, they work alone. Somebody knew exactly when the kids got out of school and where they walked....mho

I'm seeing a two minute window if my estimations are correct...at the very most I would say 5 minutes. Such a narrow window and with so many kids walking down Gano Ave. It really disturbs me that no one saw a thing?

QUOTE=MarieG;4340035]Hi, I am new here..

I agree with this post, that someone may have known Somers path and was watching, waiting for the right moment. This is so very sad, especially for her siblings[/QUOTE]

:Welcome-12-june:

GV was 20 years old at the time of conviction and brother says girl was 15. He is reported to not have worked at the burned out house in the past 2 months.

Originally Posted by Kewpiedoll View Post
Mother talks about grief, anger, and determination.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html

When reporter ask her of anything strange or different she starts talking about the day she flagged down the officer, and she knew this was not like Somer going to someone's house.
Name change alert. Thanks to one great mod, I am going from Cheryl to "doggies".

But more importantly, what I want to know is HOW COULD MOM KNOW THIS WAS DIFFERENT THAN ALL THE OTHER TIMES?
I have thought and tossed this back and forth, tried and tried to come up with why she would think this.
Anyone have any ideas?
I thought at first it was because Mom knew where Somer went, but it doesn't sound that way from Megan the babysitter, who said Diena had a list and would call around. Megan also said that it would take sometimes 20 minutes to an hour for Somer to show back up.
And no one knew where she'd been???
Oh, yeah-Somer had a hidey-hole, someone who made her feel special. In which case, oh yeah, she was being primed. Or was already being used and abused.

Dieana was aware the others had already been out looking for her, and she was no where to be found. So- I am taking it they could always locate her. I'm not sure if she was ever questioned where she had been on the times she did not go home. AND yes I do think she had been to the burnt house-- she liked tree houses and this house was empty and a good hide out. I think she had a secret with the house and I think someone else was a 'secret' pal so to speak. The monster was working on her to get safe with him... until he was ready to make his final move.

In my opinion.

Dieana started to explain about the strange happenings the day she ended up in the parking lot with the 1st officer.... then it blacks out. :(
Was that guy across the street watching them?

Is this news report behind the times? The construction company owner has been interviewed (video). His brother was not working on the house and had not been employed by the company for two months. The owner is very concerned news like this is having a negative impact on his business.

It's a few days old Trino - plus the brother has since passed a lie detector test. Maybe we should be looking to see if he knows anybody in the neighborhood. mho

Maybe I am crazy, but could someone of told Somer to go to the house after school
the day before?
Like did she make a new friend with candy and pop or something and they told her to ditch the other kids and come alone?
Keep it their secret?
Tell NO ONE.........so she ran ahead and darted into the house area very quickly???

Are you locked into the SO who was arrested today for failure to register?
sorry if already discussed just getting in from work.

I'm trying to be...

going to check Clay County Occurance Report for today

BRB

ETA: I don't see an arrest with those charges...can you give me their initials?

Dieana was aware the others had already been out looking for her, and she was no where to be found. So- I am taking it they could always locate her. I'm not sure if she was ever questioned where she had been on the times she did not go home. AND yes I do think she had been to the burnt house-- she liked tree houses and this house was empty and a good hide out. I think she had a secret with the house and I think someone else was a 'secret' pal so to speak. The monster was working on her to get safe with him... until he was ready to make his final move.

In my opinion.

Dieana started to explain about the strange happenings the day she ended up in the parking lot with the 1st officer.... then it blacks out. :(
Was that guy across the street watching them?

I have the same feeling about a 'secret pal' in a hiding place...........

The 'other' times didn't come from the mouth of the family or mom - it came from a babysitter who seems to have a grudge of some kind - why else would she contradict mom in a murder investigation? only my opinion
Eyes,
I re-watched the video, and mom definitely said she felt from the beginning that this was different-I think that implies that there had been other times.
But that's MOO. Why do you think the babysitter has a grudge? Now that's interesting...

I'm seeing a two minute window if my estimations are correct...at the very most I would say 5 minutes. Such a narrow window and with so many kids walking down Gano Ave. It really disturbs me that no one saw a thing?

Seems to me - with a two to five minute window:

This pedophile had a place to go!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members