FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a two minute window if my estimations are correct...at the very most I would say 5 minutes. Such a narrow window and with so many kids walking down Gano Ave. It really disturbs me that no one saw a thing?

REALLY hard to believe.

Is K the only witness to Somer making it to the vacant house? If so, we know she made it as far as the tanks...per young boy who saw her there. Do we know if K worked at the house all day on Monday? Does he come and go...perhaps to pick up material/supplies for the project?? Maybe he leaves to pick up material and picks up Somer as well because he sees her as she's coming from the tanks. He comes back, works...perhaps she's is in trunk...I dunno...don't even want to think about that. Then when others leave he brings her into vacant house and disposes of her from there. How else does any of this make sense?? There HAS to be some connection to the vacant else. If what he said is true, she stops talks to him, then goes on her merry way, then she disappears sometime after that but whoever gets her brings her back to the house?? This doesn't make sense. Am I putting too much stock in the fact that there really is evidence in that house????

Maybe I am crazy, but could someone of told Somer to go to the house after school
the day before?
Like did she make a new friend with candy and pop or something and they told her to ditch the other kids and come alone?
Keep it their secret?
Tell NO ONE.........so she ran ahead and darted into the house area very quickly???

I think she truly was upset and had a bad day, however I think she had squabbles prior to this, hence not going home with the other kids. Her secret place (burnt house) and her possible 'secret pal'.. probably talked about her being upset with the other children. I think the monster wanted her to know she could go there anytime the other kids were teasing her, it would be their secret. AND his grand finale day finally arrived... in my opinion.

She had no fear of going ahead and not going home on time-- she knew of a place she could go and I don't think it was alone either.

Eyes,
I re-watched the video, and mom definitely said she felt from the beginning that this was different-I think that implies that there had been other times.
But that's MOO. Why do you think the babysitter has a grudge? Now that's interesting...

Just my opinion, that's all! I have no idea who this babysitter is nor how many times she babysat. I just think it's inappropriate for her to come out and talk about Somer as being so defiant - this is a high profile murder investigation and I think if she had something to say, it should have been to LE. I'm not sure what her point was in talking to the media. mho

Did anyone catch today's 4pm presser??? I have been searching for footage but don't see anything...was it cancelled or something....anyone know?

Is this news report behind the times? The construction company owner has been interviewed (video). His brother was not working on the house and had not been employed by the company for two months. The owner is very concerned news like this is having a negative impact on his business.
I just posted this link to direct another poster to the RSO I was referring to in one of my posts. Sorry! Yes, I know he spoke out about his brother and also said his brother was in Jacksonville the day Somer went missing.

GV was 20 years old at the time of conviction and brother says girl was 15. He is reported to not have worked at the burned out house in the past 2 months.

yes thank you SondraK... I feel we are being lead astray... have to stay focused to what is important to us..

Eyes,
I re-watched the video, and mom definitely said she felt from the beginning that this was different-I think that implies that there had been other times.
But that's MOO. Why do you think the babysitter has a grudge? Now that's interesting...

I didn't take the babysitter's comments as having a "grudge". I think she was just stating her own experience and trying to give a better description of Somer and her behavior.

Is K the only witness to Somer making it to the vacant house? If so, we know she made it as far as the tanks...per young boy who saw her there. Do we know if K worked at the house all day on Monday? Does he come and go...perhaps to pick up material/supplies for the project?? Maybe he leaves to pick up material and picks up Somer as well because he sees her as she's coming from the tanks. He comes back, works...perhaps she's is in trunk...I dunno...don't even want to think about that. Then when others leave he brings her into vacant house and disposes of her from there. How else does any of this make sense?? There HAS to be some connection to the vacant else. If what he said is true, she stops talks to him, then goes on her merry way, then she disappears sometime after that but whoever gets her brings her back to the house?? This doesn't make sense. Am I putting too much stock in the fact that there really is evidence in that house????

It seems it happened so fast, IMO she could have been in ANYONE'S trunk.

Did anyone catch today's 4pm presser??? I have been searching for footage but don't see anything...was it cancelled or something....anyone know?

when is the next presser?
Hubby stole main TV...........watching Princess Grace Kelly..............
anything new on NG or Issues tonight?

I think she truly was upset and had a bad day, however I think she had squabbles prior to this, hence not going home with the other kids. Her secret place (burnt house) and her possible 'secret pal'.. probably talked about her being upset with the other children. I think the monster wanted her to know she could go there anytime the other kids were teasing her, it would be their secret. AND his grand finale day finally arrived... in my opinion.

She had no fear of going ahead and not going home on time-- she knew of a place she could go and I don't think it was alone either.

That's really interesting Kewpiedoll - so you think she was being groomed by one of the men working on the house? Why would he pick a house that was being worked on? How could he predict who would be there at the times she arrived? I highly doubt they are all in on this...mho

I'm seeing a two minute window if my estimations are correct...at the very most I would say 5 minutes. Such a narrow window and with so many kids walking down Gano Ave. It really disturbs me that no one saw a thing?
It's very disturbing and it makes me believe that she may have gone some place to hide and what happened to her wasn't right away, not somebody snatching her off the street on the way home. MOO

I didn't take the babysitter's comments as having a "grudge". I think she was just stating her own experience and trying to give a better description of Somer and her behavior.

depends on the age and 15 minutes of fame????

Maybe I am crazy, but could someone of told Somer to go to the house after school
the day before?
Like did she make a new friend with candy and pop or something and they told her to ditch the other kids and come alone?
Keep it their secret?
Tell NO ONE.........so she ran ahead and darted into the house area very quickly???

I could see this happening passion even if it wasn't at the burned house.. oh yes... could very well be a thought..

GV was 20 years old at the time of conviction and brother says girl was 15. He is reported to not have worked at the burned out house in the past 2 months.

yes thank you SondraK... I feel we are being lead astray... have to stay focused to what is important to us..

Sorry guys - my bad. I used a different spelling of the last name. Sondra - I had already corrected my posts a while back. Hopefully no one else is bogged down in the incorrect details... :)

wonder if the babysitter has a bf that comes and goes? if so then somer would be comfortable with him picking her up? kinda thinking out loud here. like some of you all said, there is such a small window of time for her to be picked up and wisked away.

when is the next presser?
Hubby stole main TV...........watching Princess Grace Kelly..............
anything new on NG or Issues tonight?

Not sure about the next presser...

As for NG or JVM, being the weekend I think we'll be lucky to get anything fresh.

It seems it happened so fast, IMO she could have been in ANYONE'S trunk.

But here's the thing. If she stopped at the tanks, then stopped at the vacant house to speak to K...wouldn't her siblings have caught up with her by then?? It seems to me that something had to happen to her in the time between the tanks and the vacant house. And if K REALLY spoke to her, by then her siblings would have been right on her heels.

wonder if the babysitter has a bf that comes and goes? if so then somer would be comfortable with him picking her up? kinda thinking out loud here. like some of you all said, there is such a small window of time for her to be picked up and wisked away.

Current babysitter (at least for that one day) is a he..

I too got that from what she said, that she was only trying to explain Somer's previous behavior and maybe why it wasn't alarming that she hadn't come home with the others. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73