FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOMER was found in 1.5 days IIRC
her little legs were in good enough condition to be ID'd with birthmark.
The legs were sticking out of garbage on truck?[/QUOTE]

BBM,

no no - What I meant was did they get a tip or a lead that she was dumped directly at this landfill??? That is how the FBI guy worded it on the show. When they said they followed the trucks and with all the confusion of why here and not there, I thought that might give us an explanation.

OR

Did somer carry a cell phone??? Not uncommon for kids to carry cell phones these days, could it have had GPS on it that led them there???

Maybe the little girl actually some form of premonition (anxious gut feeling-not conscious).

maybe the girl she ended up hitting was bullying her over the weekend and she was just saying she felt sick to avoid fighting with this kid on monday. I can remember a few squabbles myself with my friend, " just wait till school " and stuff like that? so she ends up hitting the girl and then runs off to avoid further fighting?

That is just sick. Why are people so eager to blame the kids and siblings...back to a JBR mindset.
Yup This poor kid is going threw hell and hey lets just add something to it.

I just watched some video and I have to say that I truly believe that mom does not know who did it. She is angry and she wants justice, IMO. You can't fake that.

She shows all the normal emotions. I agree.

I know that hindsight is 20/20. I also think I am a very overprotective parent but are there more things that I could do to keep my kids safer? I'm sure there is since I do not keep my children with me 24/7. I'm not a perfect parent so I know that there are things that I could change. I am certain that you are right, eventually people will be saying she should have done this or that. I honestly believe that people do this so they can feel that their children are safe because for example they would never let their child walk home alone. Personally, I wish our society would get back to blaming the criminal, instead of how they were raised. Or what we should have done to keep from being a victim. JMO (and certainly not saying you were blaming anyone...that is just one of my many pet peeves).
Don't get me wrong. None of us do everything right. No matter how careful we are, we can't anticipate everything or plan for every eventuality. And I think you're right, that we criticize so much after the fact because it makes us feel so much safer by comparison. (I include myself in that.) Unfortunately, the sickest of our individuals don't work on a comparison scale.

If she was also identified by dental records, wouldn't that mean her teeth had to be at least mostly intact? That, imo, would rule out a crushing head injury. :waitasec: MOO

well, I am not sure.........maybe the teeth were in tact but nose to forehead and skull could be badly damaged. Something horrible happened to her face.........that's what I think.
If it was just skull damage, the funeral director would put a cute hat on her and be able to fix her up and put a net over her.
I have seen that done.
I also have seen people put in a different position to cover bad injuries.
Like the feet where head usually is.
I did hair for a funeral home for years.
I would say her little head took the injury, maybe even a decap???

Maybe the little girl actually some form of premonition (anxious gut feeling-not conscious).

Maybe - this is supposed to be what Indigo kids are able to do.

Plus Somer went to school not feeling well, yet Mom was able to have a lunch date at the house and the house guest stayed to meet the kids.

Might be Somer had the Monday morning blues as according to the neighbor......
House Searched Where Somer Last Seen

Anna Braddy, whose daughter Kayla is best friends with Somer, said she took Somer to school the day the 7-year-old disappeared. Braddy said it was a normal morning and Somer was her usual self

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21389523/detail.html

I don't recall LE announcing that the murder had been sexually motivated. MOO

Okay... thanks... I know I would have been all over this news, and they have said nothing about who or what type of killer they have. I take that back... yes they have... they have stated a child killer is on the loose.

:)

The legs were sticking out of garbage on truck?[/QUOTE]

BBM,

no no - What I meant was did they get a tip or a lead that she was dumped directly at this landfill??? That is how the FBI guy worded it on the show. When they said they followed the trucks and with all the confusion of why here and not there, I thought that might give us an explanation.

OR

Did somer carry a cell phone??? Not uncommon for kids to carry cell phones these days, could it have had GPS on it that led them there???

seems like I remember hearing that the sheriff suggested that if foul play was possible that checking the landfill as a precaution would be a good idea so they followed their gut on a hunch that she could have been dumped into the trash. god only knows just how many bodies of men women and children lay in landfills all over this country that goes undiscovered. 100's if not 1000's

Decompistion might be slowed by by the compaction of the garbage truck, the lack of air and sunlight would slow it down.

I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone. I mean no harm, I am only trying to get you focused in the right direction, as I believe it to be.

I have extensive training in body language/micro-expressions/investigative discourse analysis. So before anyone turns me into the police or shuts my account down or calls J. Edgar Hoosits, I will explain my posts. Please understand I have no direct knowledge of this investigation. But I know what I see and hear on TV. What follows is my opinion:

Mom is hiding something, unquestionably. I do not believe she committed this crime, but she knows who did. Listen to her statements...and I mean LISTEN, don't just hear them. Everything she says has meaning. Listen to what says and doesn't say. Think like a psychologist. Listen also for the very subtle mistakes, or "brain farts".

The micro-expressions are fascinating. There are more than a few. They are very hard to see, but they are there.

Crying is another matter. She appears to be faking it, but we don't know what meds she may be on that may be causing the effect HOWEVER: Meds that affect crying will almost always affect her speech in some detrimental fashion, and I do not see that. But, and this is a big "but", I do not know what is normal speech for her.

Geographic profiling: Look at the "Google" maps everyone has so adeptly posted here. They speak volumes. Look at the location of 1080 Gano and the bathroom that was searched in relation to "other" locations.

The police report also gives us an interesting tidbit in the first movements after notification of Somer's unaccountability.

Put it altogether, girls! There are only two viable suspects. I can't narrow it any further at this time without additional information.

Again, this is my opinion only. I am truly sorry if I offended. I have little experience in forums.

I'll sit back and take your assaults. I guess I do deserve them. I'll also watch as this unfolds as I've said.

Well I have to say, your first post gave me the gumption to write my first post yesterday, and spit out what I'd been thinking, and hearing. Here I go again, another book.

In this video the first thing that struck me as odd were DT's words at 5:10
"I said in the news yesterday, I don't care if you get into trouble..." Strange words to say to the pervert who murdered your daughter. She says it again "Help us, you won't get into trouble, you don't have to tell us who you are..."
Also, "...it's not ok to do this, it's not ok" IMO that's how I would talk to my child.

However, when directly referring to the "person" who did this, "did Somer know him, we're going to get you "a look of pure hatred flashes across her face, understandably so, but not a look I would associate as mother/child. Very different from the "trouble" statements. It's confusing to me, as if two different people are being addressed.MOO

Throughout the video I hear mom talking from the me/my perspective and listened again, my loss, my family, my pain, and particulary when asked about justice for Somer what do you want to see happen, "I don't want other parents to have to ever go through this..." What I don't hear is Somer, her pain, her loss, betrayal and the unimaginable fear she must have felt. I just want to say that IMO I saw true emotion on over her whole face, hurt, when she said "I can't believe they would put my baby in the ...."

In perspective, Mom's version: calls SP and finds out Somer didn't come home from school with the other children, leaves work early (has Mom ever done this before, Somer has a habit of being hour late) goes straight to OPAA and picks up older son, and they continue looking for Somer (see incident report) then an officer was flagged down and Somer was reported missing 5pm. Doesn't indicate Mom went home first and if she indeed didn't then is seems she wasn't worried about SP at that time. JMO... No 911 call, they are just looking for Somer The boyfriend comes home, picks up younger brother and they go look for Somer. By this time there are more people at the house than just SP.

SP version: Kids come home, tell SP Somer didn't. SP sends AT out to look for Somer, twice and little brother stays home. SP says mom calls and he tells her Somer didn't come home and AT is still looking for her. Long time for SP home and AT out. SP said there was a fight between AT and Somer. (Neighbor children walking with the kids say there wasn't.) The boyfriend picks up little brother and they go look for Somer. Where was AT? So who would absolutely have unaccounted time alone with Somer...Did Somer get home early?

Did Somer double back and run into older brother or stalker SO. Would either have time to kill and cover up? Supposedly the maps will help...I am not mapworthy :) Does anyone see connections to the maps? 1080 Gano or the bathrooms.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21355067/index.html

The legs were sticking out of garbage on truck?

I have it as 49 hours from last sight to announcement, they said they only found out a few minutes before they went to air that a body had been found.
I've been trying to determine the amount of damage that would have been done to the body, and what they might have been able to discern before extensive testing.
Not that I was quibbling, passion, I just figured I'd quote you so it didn't look like I was just throwing out totally random posts. In case anyone wanted an exactish number.

In the pic of Mom and boyfriend at the funeral - linked above (thanks Aimee) - I'm noticing Mom's dress is very low cut.

What do you guys think? I would never wear something like that to a funeral for someone I loved.

The people around me - my family - would say something to me - especially if they knew I was going to be filmed and photographed and possibly scrutinized about it.

A bad choice?

Ok, gotta say it. I really, really do not want to attack or insult this woman however, the low-cut attire has been bothering me from the start! I pretty much stopped watching videos of her because of it. Every single video I watched in the beginning she was wearing low-cut tops, and then last night I went ahead and clicked on the video from the viewing and there it is again! I'm sorry, but at your murdered daughters service? To me, it's completely inappropriate to say the least. Surely with everyone that is around her someone could have shopped for her.

One other thing I found odd was in the video from the vigil after Somer's body was found, she is thanking everyone there and she says "I never expected all of this."

I do not feel she killed Somer herself but I do feel she knows exactly what and why.

JMO of course and you can all hate me and ban me now.

I've been looking for a post in another thread ... it had the level of decomp up to 48 hours... skin does not fall off until 4 to 7 DAYS IIRC.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about (post) let me know.

Meanwhile I'll find that same info if I can ...

It's not what I was looking for but it seems to me that the birthmark would still be visible. Smashed maybe (due to being in a compactor-type trash truck at one point), but still there.

A dead body that is exposed to the open elements, such as water and air, will decompose more quickly and attract much more [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insect"]insect[/ame] activity than a body that is buried or confined in special protective gear or artifacts. This is due, in part, to the limited number of insects that can penetrate a coffin and the lower temperatures under soil.

The fresh stage of decomposition occurs during the first few days following the death. There are no physical signs of decomposition during this time. However, [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeostasis"]homeostasis[/ame] of the body has ceased, allowing cellular and soft tissue changes to occur because of the process of autolysis, the destruction of cells and organs due to an [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aseptic"]aseptic[/ame] chemical process.

(emphasis mine)

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decomposition[/ame]

There was a construction crew working there, not sure that teens could actually hang out...
but there are teens right next door where that camper is........I saw them.....and they were outside while the elementary school let out and kids were walking home....

they didn't which is why i question the mother's use of the words "monster" and "him"...and also the quote about maybe he wasn't getting any or something to that effect.

Are you suggesting sexual motivation had to be present to exonerate mom from calling him a 'monster' or a 'him'? May I ask who made the comment about 'not getting any'. TIA

I'm still unable to go after the mom here.I feel it was a SO. Now maybe the mom had some indirect communication with a perp, maybe she has a past. Doesn't everyone? I understand all the sleuthing, cause that's what we do, but I still believe mom and family had nothing to do with this.
Fly with the Angels Somer and let the sun shine on you forever.

I don't think at this time - that anyone in the family had anything to do with this - but there are strange things - maybe a coincidence - but there sure are a lot of them.
And for years now, we hear, they start with the inner family and work from there. Have family members (relatives, included) offered or taken lie-detector tests. This is what I keep getting stuck on. Of couse SO, RSO ... but what about inside people. Like the friends ....

Well I have to say, your first post gave me the gumption to write my first post yesterday, and spit out what I'd been thinking, and hearing. Here I go again, another book.

In this video the first thing that struck me as odd were DT's words at 5:10
"I said in the news yesterday, I don't care if you get into trouble..." Strange words to say to the pervert who murdered your daughter. She says it again "Help us, you won't get into trouble, you don't have to tell us who you are..."
Also, "...it's not ok to do this, it's not ok" IMO that's how I would talk to my child.

However, when directly referring to the "person" who did this, "did Somer know him, we're going to get you "a look of pure hatred flashes across her face, understandably so, but not a look I would associate as mother/child. Very different from the "trouble" statements. It's confusing to me, as if two different people are being addressed.MOO

Throughout the video I hear mom talking from the me/my perspective and listened again, my loss, my family, my pain, and particulary when asked about justice for Somer what do you want to see happen, "I don't want other parents to have to ever go through this..." What I don't hear is Somer, her pain, her loss, betrayal and the unimaginable fear she must have felt. I just want to say that IMO I saw true emotion on over her whole face, hurt, when she said "I can't believe they would put my baby in the ...."

In perspective, Mom's version: calls SP and finds out Somer didn't come home from school with the other children, leaves work early (has Mom ever done this before, Somer has a habit of being hour late) goes straight to OPAA and picks up older son, and they continue looking for Somer (see incident report) then an officer was flagged down and Somer was reported missing 5pm. Doesn't indicate Mom went home first and if she indeed didn't then is seems she wasn't worried about SP at that time. JMO... No 911 call, they are just looking for Somer The boyfriend comes home, picks up younger brother and they go look for Somer. By this time there are more people at the house than just SP.

SP version: Kids come home, tell SP Somer didn't. SP sends AT out to look for Somer, twice and little brother stays home. SP says mom calls and he tells her Somer didn't come home and AT is still looking for her. Long time for SP home and AT out. SP said there was a fight between AT and Somer. (Neighbor children walking with the kids say there wasn't.) The boyfriend picks up little brother and they go look for Somer. Where was AT? So who would absolutely have unaccounted time alone with Somer...Did Somer get home early?

Did Somer double back and run into older brother or stalker SO. Would either have time to kill and cover up? Supposedly the maps will help...I am not mapworthy :) Does anyone see connections to the maps? 1080 Gano or the bathrooms.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21355067/index.html

I thought she was talking about people that might know something, a witness or something.

Yup This poor kid is going threw hell and hey lets just add something to it.

Since this was directly pointed at me from the beginning. I am going to RESTATE that I was only trying to decipher what BSU was telling us to look for and the most obvious in REFERENCE to geography and the police reports. Which is the ONLY reason why I brought big brother up. He was NEVER on my radar. And if ANYONE noticed, I had ???????????? behind my hunch as to not make it a statement.

The posters who have been posting here non-stop would know that no person is being cruel or has any ill will. All topics are not always popular and I think everyone has been more than diplomatic in their posting. I know it makes me uncomfortable to even discuss if the family has any knowledge of this crime. Honestly. But I am here to sleuth and look at all angles.

And if you must know - I think the Ramsays are innocent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637