FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many have today, I have come out of "invisible mode" to say hello to all of you! This truly is a message board to be proud of! I just thought I'd sneak in an opinion.

Maybe we should look closer at the "Indigo" involvement. What do we know about this? I say that because the man waiting in the home was directly involved with it. Could Somer be the Indigo child? Would Somer's family be "afraid" of him? Could he have had other "members" of Indigo take her from the home before the other children arrived?

JMO

seems like I remember hearing that the sheriff suggested that if foul play was possible that checking the landfill as a precaution would be a good idea so they followed their gut on a hunch that she could have been dumped into the trash. god only knows just how many bodies of men women and children lay in landfills all over this country that goes undiscovered. 100's if not 1000's
OT again , but this reminded me of a college girl that went missing after a party in San Luis Obispo CA. A male college student walked her home. They found DNA in his dorm. Dogs hit on his matress the whole nine yards. They never found her body and believed she was dumped in the landfill. He walks free to this day but has been plagued by DUI and drug arrests, some may say conscience of guilt.

I just keep going back to what John Walsh, of America's Most Wanted said...

That he and the Sheriff believe Somer's killer, "is a cool, calculating, smart predator, who thought he would get away with it. He thought Somer's body would never be found. So, we are dealing with a pretty smart guy here".

He says there may be a tie-in with the five little girls from Jacksonville 20 years ago, who all went missing in the same manner, some were found murdered, yet the killer has never been caught.

That they believe the killer has, "come out of retirement, and raised his ugly head".

You just know they have more clues than we do. I don't think they would throw this kind of assessment around lightly.

And, I also don't think they are talking about a 13 year old boy.

they didn't which is why i question the mother's use of the words "monster" and "him"...and also the quote about maybe he wasn't getting any or something to that effect.
I think many times the assumption is the perp is a male SO, but as we just found out in Elizabeth's case, it turned out to allegedly be a 15 y/o female. Could LE have told the family more details than what has been released? I'm just wondering since they don't want anything released to the public, would they trust family with this information? MOO

Are you suggesting sexual motivation had to be present to exonerate mom from calling him a 'monster' or a 'him'? May I ask who made the comment about 'not getting any'. TIA

Hi Eyes...
Sexual Motivation/Monster/Him.... reminds me of Sandra Cantu and it was a her. That poor little girl.

Mom is the one who stated HE probably couldn't get any. eek I know...!

What if the person that called in and claimed to be Kyle and claimed to have seen Somer that afternoon, was not "Kyle" at all?

Several things bothered me about that call. We never heard anything else about this Kyle. I find it strange that a 7 year old would run up to an burnt out house in the midst of renovation and say "Hey guys, good job on the renovations!", and also why anyone who might be involved in this would offer up their name and the fact that they were likely the last person to see Somer.

At first I thought the latter might be the perp trying to cover himself and Somer being at the scene, but then I started thinking... wouldn't we have heard more on this by now? I mean, this would be pretty important in my opinion.
He may have tried to give an explanation if evidence led to him.Sandra Cantu's killer injected herself right into the investigation just like this.

If they brought in FBI profiler (which I read they did), I don't think LE thinks it is a 13 yo boy, a 10 yo girl or a 7 yo boy -- or any combination of those.

Patience is not one of my virtues. I really would like to see all the evidence LE has ...

ETA: But they may need to think outside the box.

I just keep going back to what John Walsh, of America's Most Wanted said...

That he and the Sheriff believe Somer's killer, "is a cool, calculating, smart predator, who thought he would get away with it. He thought Somer's body would never be found. So, we are dealing with a pretty smart guy here".

He says there may be a tie-in with the five little girls from Jacksonville 20 years ago, who all went missing in the same manner, some were found murdered, yet the killer has never been caught.

That they believe the killer has, "come out of retirement, and raised his ugly head".

You just know they have more clues than we do. I don't think they would throw this kind of assessment around lightly.

And, I also don't think they are talking about a 13 year old boy.

LE has pretty sneaky ways of investigating and with this creep watching I really think LE would put out the wrong information while watching the perp. Get him/her real comfy and then shazoom....!

FAVOR TIME

Please look @ the video from the memorial last night. When DT is walking into the church, notice the boy behind her w/the blonde hair parted in the middle, chin length dressed in black. Is that the same boy as the one in the video today of DT getting out of the car walking as the boy with the dark hair walking behind her? Could the boy last night be AT? And are they the same boy?
Andrew doesn't have blonde hair, or is it parted anywhere. He wore a black suit and is a very nice looking young man.

Okay, now I am wondering if possible one or more of these little girls that were found murdered (of the missing 5) were found in a landfill.

Maybe John Walsh (who has been at this 28 years- since his son Adam was murdered), or the Sheriff (who Walsh says has been in this line of work for 20 years), recognized something in the manner of death, to immediately make them remember and tie-in Somer's death to these little girls from 20 years ago.

Maybe that is why they searched the landfill RIGHT AWAY.

It was cold the night/early morning when Somer went missing on that Monday afternoon. Remember the worry about her safety if she was hiding? Cool weather delays decomp.

but there are teens right next door where that camper is........I saw them.....and they were outside while the elementary school let out and kids were walking home....

Believe the teen that lives next door to 1080 was quoted in one of the news articles. Not that it means anything.....just my time here on WS has made me take extra interest in those that put themselves in the public eye during such a case. And, Lord knows, I have no idea which article......so no link at this time.

Hi Eyes...
Sexual Motivation/Monster/Him.... reminds me of Sandra Cantu and it was a her. That poor little girl.

Mom is the one who stated HE probably couldn't get any. eek I know...!
Actually, mom's exact phrase was, "he probably can't get anybody".

Well, I don't post much but read every day. Thanks for ALL the work that so many of you do for these missing children and adults. I'm in total awe sometimes, a very special group of people on WS. Good night all.

A special star lit up in the sky tonight, her name is Somer.

Since this was directly pointed at me from the beginning. I am going to RESTATE that I was only trying to decipher what BSU was telling us to look for and the most obvious in REFERENCE to geography and the police reports. Which is the ONLY reason why I brought big brother up. He was NEVER on my radar. And if ANYONE noticed, I had ???????????? behind my hunch as to not make it a statement.

The posters who have been posting here non-stop would know that no person is being cruel or has any ill will. All topics are not always popular and I think everyone has been more than diplomatic in their posting. I know it makes me uncomfortable to even discuss if the family has any knowledge of this crime. Honestly. But I am here to sleuth and look at all angles.

And if you must know - I think the Ramsays are innocent!!!

Hi NSC

First: I appreciate all of the hard work you have put in with maps and online searches here. I don't feel that anyone here has been totally dis-respectful with looking at all angles. RSO's.... workers, roofers, friends, family, etc.

It is hard to wrap minds around the older one 13yr being able to do something like this. I never would want to think or believe it either, however LE has not stated that family is not invloved, just some statement about interviewing all the RSO's.

I do want to know why it has been out there the 13yr old does not live with his Mother, and I cannot find out where he lives. Is he Thompson or Cardinal??? unknown.... AND it is rather a winky dink that he is right near the last place Somer was last seen. Just things to think about and look at the maps again.

TIA

I won't comment on the Ramsey's.... :)
Never did follow that case and never watched one clip on TV.

I do think that DT thinks the perp is a male with sex problems........she lashes out on the 1 video....something like 'you aren't getting any lately'........not exact words but you get my drift??

All RSOs have their DNA databased, right? Assuming they were able to pull unknown DNA from Somer's body, those tests were probably expedited and due imminently. It'd be good timing for an arrest tomorrow. That'd be nice.

Assuming the announcement tomorrow is the addition of a profiler to the LE team, I wonder if that means that all known RSOs in the area have been cleared and they're now looking for a SO perhaps that is an absconder or perhaps has never even been in the database. The comments that this is someone coming out of retirement fits with a scenario like the former--that they've exhausted all RSO leads and are actually looking for someone new to the area.

I don't think the kids are involved here, but I still can't get over the fact that DT sent a potentially sick Somer to soldier through school while she entertained a guest for lunch and then let him watch the kids for the first time, and THAT's the day Somer vanishes. From what we know, it seems like such a departure from the normal schedule, it's a long commute from work, and if she was just going to come home in three hours, why wouldn't she let Somer stay home? As a parent, it seems odd to me. It's one thing to not have childcare and be pushing yourself through a 10 hour work day. But she came home a few hours later and then left SP in their house for the afternoon.

I just think it's strange. Did she think Somer was just malingering? Did she do this a lot? Or did she really need Somer to be gone that day because SP was coming over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl