FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Sunday afternoon - taking a break from Football, and thought - randomly - to go through the Lost & Found on Craigslist Jacksonville (I'm in SoCal) - maybe this has already been discovered. Strange post - to me - on October 21st - in all caps:
JUST A REMINDER. THE BODY LOCATED IN THE LANDFILL HAS NOT BEEN IDENTIFIED YET!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT DECLARE HER AS NO LONGER WITH US, UNTIL WE KNOW FOR SURE!!!! An obvious reference to Somer, as it says "her" - all kinds of possibilities - could someone be sending a msg to the perp, or - someone close to the family sick of speculation - or? Thoughts on this anyone?

What a strange place to put this message.

Is there a forum on Craiglist where it was maybe supposed to be?

I'm Craig-list challenged but now you've got me out there.

ETA: Maybe he/she was trying to reach more people and figured everyone reads the Lost and Found? I'm not seeing any forums that are related to missing person or that sort of thing.

Then again, I just found one for B looking for his friend G, so I guess this topic is for whatever is lost or found.

ccane - thx for the link. I value your input. I already have that site bookmarked, and hope that others do, too. Please remove it, I would hate to see you get banned or TO'd.

I would like you to stick around. You have guts, you are bold, and we think alike!

So - pls - remove the link, just in case it's not allowed.

Still holding out hope we'll get a subforum but we need to show them that we can follow their rules in order to do so (get the subforum).

For now this is the rule:

1. Links are only allowed to main suspects as named by LE.

2. No cutting and pasting from those sites; links only.

3. Do not hide a link if the person is not a suspect according to LE; do not link at all.

4. Never post a link to a minor's social networking page.

The mods and Tricia are still discussing this, so the rule may change over time. We will let you know.

Please be patient with us. We have actual real lives and have to work in our discussions around things like jobs, kids, vacuuming, leaf raking, etc.

If you are not sure if a page belongs to a main suspect as named by LE, my unofficial suggestion at this point is to PM a mod and ask about that particular page/link.

Thanks to all of you for all you contribute to WS.

Hoppy
[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4429933&postcount=226"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased FL-Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park thread #18[/ame]

I guess I've been too much of a politically correct coward to say it before now. But thx to ccane, I'm feeling braver about saying what I'm about to say.

This is based on my own experience/academic training/intuition/call it what you will - yadayadayada - little Somer was not killed by a random sexual predator or sexual offender. She was killed by someone she knew - by someone known to the family.

I hate posting this, because there are times when I see DT expressing genuine sorrow in the videos. Of course she would - she has lost her youngest daughter! Her grief is authentic. But she has "tells". I have spent the last several weeks of my time examining those "tells" and I am convinced there is something that is being covered up!

What she is hiding, I can't say. My hope is that it will come out and the killer(s) won't get away with what has been done.

I am curious about the statement made by the reporter in which she quotes Diena as saying that LE told her (Diena) that they do not think the perp is anyone she (Diena) knows.

At 2:54 (almost at end)
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21599954/index.html

Somer's Mom Says She Needs Answers to Investigation

Because there is so little that seems to be known even by LE I keep coming back to one fundamental point. Did she cross Gano by herself? All signs from LE point to her last known location being at the burnt house which is on the south side of Gano. No crossing guards saw her past that area.

Are there any locals here who know what the traffic on Gano is like after school is let out? If it's very heavy then the chance of her crossing Gano at somewhere other than the intersections with crossing guards is reduced. Also, if traffic were bumper to bumper and stopped the chance of her being seen when she crossed Gano in front of a car would probably be high. The Google street view of Gano is in the afternoon and the traffic is very light but even though there are crossing guards stationed at the intersections the lack of children makes me think it's not right after school lets out.

There is also the question of whether Somer usually crossed Gano on her own, that she didn't wait until she got to an intersection with a crossing guard. With the indications that she roamed around a lot that Somer probably did cross on her own sometimes but we obviously don't know for sure. I hope LE has asked her siblings whether she habitually crossed the street on her own.

If she didn't cross Gano that afternoon then none of the family or friends could have been involved. I believe her oldest brother was the closest family member or friend and he was across Gano at the park at some point.

Anyway there are areas on the south side of Gano that may be secluded enough for someone to pull over and snatch her. The most obvious in on Grove Park Drive, just around the corner from the Gano house. There is a section that only has houses on one side. The thing about Grove Park Drive is that it is a thru street, someone could have been just driving down that street and seen Somer in a vulnerable position. If she were attacked on one of the other streets in the area - Soloman, Bay Circle or The Grove Road (on the north side of Gano)- I think the attacker probably had to be a resident of those streets or maybe someone visiting there because they are dead ends. There's always the chance a pedophile could have been lurking on one of those streets, especially Soloman because it's right next to the school, but on a dead end street that might be very noticeable. There is the chance she took a detour through the Arbor Cir on the north side of Gano but that entails her crossing Gano obviously.

ccane - thx for the link. I value your input. I already have that site bookmarked, and hope that others do, too. Please remove it, I would hate to see you get banned or TO'd.

I would like you to stick around. You have guts, you are bold, and we think alike!

So - pls - remove the link, just in case it's not allowed.

Okay I removed.. but it is a public profile. Myspace can be set to private but he did not.

Hi everyone!
I still have a few pages to catch up on, but wanted to post this. Sorry if anyone has already posted it.

I know everyone has probably already moved on to other topics, but I wanted to add one more comment about the psychopath test. I knew it seemed familiar when it was posted, just couldn't remember when or where I had seen it! It was great fun trying to ponder the answer to the test, and thank you to whomever posted it - we all needed a little frivolous activity to help us relax and focus! But the psychopath test is, in reality, a hoax. I'm not saying that the person who posted it was trying to play a trick on anyone! Not at all! I'm just saying that the test itself isn't a true test of psychopathic/sociopathic personality disorder. It's an urban legend.

Here's the link to snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/sister.asp

If you'll take a sec to read the whole article there, it gives some good info on psychopathic/sociopathic behavior, although I disagree with the author of the article about using the two terms interchangeably. They aren't necessarily synonymous, at least in terms of diagnosing mental illness and personality disorder.

Cheers!

BTW - MommaD - I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of the bottle of wine. Next one's on you!

Oh I so agree with you about lumping the two terms & it is or has become common practice to do this of the late in my reading. I hate to see these two distinct IMO behaviors be lumped together! Although a sociopath wrecks peoples lives too, a psychopath takes things to a whole lower level (bottom of the barrel).

I guess I've been too much of a politically correct coward to say it before now. But thx to ccane, I'm feeling braver about saying what I'm about to say.

This is based on my own experience/academic training/intuition/call it what you will - yadayadayada - little Somer was not killed by a random sexual predator or sexual offender. She was killed by someone she knew - by someone known to the family.

I hate posting this, because there are times when I see DT expressing genuine sorrow in the videos. Of course she would - she has lost her youngest daughter! Her grief is authentic. But she has "tells". I have spent the last several weeks of my time examining those "tells" and I am convinced there is something that is being covered up!

What she is hiding, I can't say. My hope is that it will come out and the killer(s) won't get away with what has been done.

You've got my interest up sorrell - what kind of "tells" do you see?

Long time lurker adding my 2 cents worth....

I also believe that she was killed by someone she knew...my money is on DT or her BF and here's my thinking:

#1 he distance from school to home was so small, how is it possible with all of the activity in the area at that time (other parents, kids, crossing guards, etc) that not ONE person saw anything suspicious?? I know in my neighborhood if a strange car even drives by, we notice!

#2 It made me think "huh?" when I heard that the other kids were sent out to look for Somer initially and a long time (IMO) had passed before LE was involved. Being a mom myself, if 2 of my kids came home without the third, I'd probably panic right then and there and assume something wasn't right. Heck, my kids bus is 5 minutes late and I'm already getting anxious and freaking out. (I know the story says she was at work, but I don't know...see my next point)

#3 in a situation where it was a parent etc that is the perp..THEY control the initial timeline (think Casey Anthony..nobody knew Caylee was missing for how long??) I believe that in the time it took to call police, anything could have happened as well as been covered up.

#4. From all I've been reading lately, DT isn't sounding like "mother of the year" which makes me question her credibility to be honest. I initially saw the grieving mother, but the more interviews I see, the more it makes me uneasy.

Because there is so little that seems to be known even by LE I keep coming back to one fundamental point. Did she cross Gano by herself? All signs from LE point to her last known location being at the burnt house which is on the south side of Gano. No crossing guards saw her past that area.

Are there any locals here who know what the traffic on Gano is like after school is let out? If it's very heavy then the chance of her crossing Gano at somewhere other than the intersections with crossing guards is reduced. Also, if traffic were bumper to bumper and stopped the chance of her being seen when she crossed Gano in front of a car would probably be high. The Google street view of Gano is in the afternoon and the traffic is very light but even though there are crossing guards stationed at the intersections the lack of children makes me think it's not right after school lets out.

There is also the question of whether Somer usually crossed Gano on her own, that she didn't wait until she got to an intersection with a crossing guard. With the indications that she roamed around a lot that Somer probably did cross on her own sometimes but we obviously don't know for sure. I hope LE has asked her siblings whether she habitually crossed the street on her own.

If she didn't cross Gano that afternoon then none of the family or friends could have been involved. I believe her oldest brother was the closest family member or friend and he was across Gano at the park at some point.

Anyway there are areas on the south side of Gano that may be secluded enough for someone to pull over and snatch her. The most obvious in on Grove Park Drive, just around the corner from the Gano house. There is a section that only has houses on one side. The thing about Grove Park Drive is that it is a thru street, someone could have been just driving down that street and seen Somer in a vulnerable position. If she were attacked on one of the other streets in the area - Soloman, Bay Circle or The Grove Road (on the north side of Gano)- I think the attacker probably had to be a resident of those streets or maybe someone visiting there because they are dead ends. There's always the chance a pedophile could have been lurking on one of those streets, especially Soloman because it's right next to the school, but on a dead end street that might be very noticeable. There is the chance she took a detour through the Arbor Cir on the north side of Gano but that entails her crossing Gano obviously.

We know she stopped at the vacant house and talked to workers

Then spotted again on sidewalk outside of the home

Also the dogs tracked to Debarry then stopped.. someone had to have picked up in a car or she back tracked toward the school.. maybe she did forget her hat and scarf or homework?

Dog tracks Somer to the intersection of Debarry and Gano, and then loses the scent
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...listId=search&maven_referralObject=1303253181

We know she stopped at the vacant house and talked to workers

Then spotted again on sidewalk outside of the home

Also the dogs tracked to Debarry then stopped.. someone had to have picked up in a car or see back tracked toward the school.. maybe she did forget her hat and scarf or homework?

Dog tracks Somer to the intersection of Debarry and Gano, and then loses the scent
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...listId=search&maven_referralObject=1303253181

And there we are, back to the Gano again...whose house was backed up toward Debarro, at the Gano intersection? It was the house whose backyard was fairly close to that intersection where the dogs tracked.

I remember it was posted on quite a bit, and then I never saw anything else about it.

While speaking to FDLE on the 21st, the officer told us that she was tracked into the woods on Debarry. That is why that area was searched 4-5 times with and without dogs.

And there we are, back to the Gano again...whose house was backed up toward Debarro, at the Gano intersection? It was the house whose backyard was fairly close to that intersection where the dogs tracked.

I remember it was posted on quite a bit, and then I never saw anything else about it.

since the dogs stopped or lost the scent then she probably got into a vehicle on her own accord.. seems like if someone was trying to grab her or something she would have made some noise. but on the other hand the route she took on that day, wouldn't that be the same or very similar route she took other days home? with experience with search dogs myself, her scent would all over the neighborhood in the general direction home... dogs can detect a persons scent days after a person has walked by. of course that scent would last longer in grassy areas but will last for a short period of time on asphalt, maybe like a few days or so. I have my own possible perp in mind, one good subject is the man from georgia that was arrested for not regeristing as a sex offender, if not him I am thinking its someone we all would least except but not gonna say it out loud here....

While speaking to FDLE on the 21st, the officer told us that she was tracked into the woods on Debarry. That is why that area was searched 4-5 times with and without dogs.

The big woods on Debarry? That would put her almost home.

First time I've heard this.

another thought and I don't know if I have heard of much talk about if this could be someone from the navel base? how close would that be?

Yes, the big woods on Debarry. I have no doubt she was at the house, but then traveled past the house turning on Debarry (crossing guard was probably already gone at that point) and ending up in the woods. Lots of homes back up to those woods . She was even determined to be at a swingset at one of these houses. This is what FDLE told us as we were searching the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675