FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. My ex-husband died and was not found for two weeks, we know when he died, because he did not show up for work; they did not use that day on his death certificate, they used the day that they found him and removed him from his home.

In the nursing facility, a specific person is told to make the call. The person may have died 30 minutes ago, in bed, alone, while the certified nursing assistant is off taking another resident to the bathroom. Not unusual at all.
The nurse in charge is called in. Vital signs are taken. Then the time is noted. Then RHC (respirations have ceased) is noted. Possibly the coroner or the ME in this case, whenever they did the autopsy, did it this way, it has to do with legality in some fashion. I.E., it has to be a registered professional who does it. Hope this helps.

A very nice young man who attended High School with my older son is now a Funeral Director (says he knew he wanted to be one early on). He handled the funerals of both of my parents and several in my facility.

I am going to try to get ahold of him and ask him some questions about funeral protocols in a case like this - where there may or may not be extensive damage to the body - where there is an open investigation going on - where the family is encouraged not to view for whatever reasons. Whether or not he has had experience with homocide victims surely he was educated about this in college. I will get back to you all when I have a chance to follow up on this.

Sad - I want to assure you that I'm not doubting you personally, or what you have posted or experienced. I have appreciated your posts & insights regarding your experience these past two months. I also appreciate the emotional circumstances in which you are involved - I know it's not easy for you.

IIRC, Tricia herself posted on these threads in your support when you first joined. As far as I'm concerned, that's good enough for me.

Nevertheless, since you were welcomed with such open arms by Tricia, IMO, it behooves you to be worthy of those open arms, don't you think? I mean, you wouldn't want to embarrass Tricia and give her reason to regret her decision, would you?

So I have a question for you - who were the other passengers that rode in the van from the church service to the grave site? You don't have to name them specifically (it's none of my business who they were).

I'm asking this because you have stated in previous posts that ST, two friends of his (one being ST's girlfriend) from NC, yourself, and "tight jeans guy" (who "crashed" the funeral) rode in the van. Do I have this information correct? If not, please correct me. I am only seeking to understand and to keep everything straight, especially since I seemed to have been mistaken regarding other information.

As I stated before, I have no reason to doubt you. I simply need clarification. I have been confused regarding other posts you have made. Sometimes I'm a total dunderhead, and misinterpret what someone says.

Members here have come to trust you & your experience and perspective.

ETA: Was there anyone else who hitched a ride?

Sorrell... What I post are not facts, everyone should remember that what I have seen or heard and passed on here is what I saw or heard from my perspective. I try to be truthful and unbiased. I never intended nor do I wish to add confusion. I dont believe you are a dunderhead, and sometimes my posts do not read the way I think they do, as I am sure everyones do at one time or another. Please ask me anytime you need clarification on anything I have posted. But please everyone... what I say is NOT FACT... only my interpretation of what I have seen or heard.. Ive kinda assumed everyone knew that.

ST's good friend from high school, HA, drove the van, STs now g/f JH, (all three came from NC), me and mr tight jeans funeral crasher were in the van that attended the burial. So, there were 5 of us. (wow... that was easy and shhhhhhh... a fact!)

A personal example: When the lady at church I knew (not intimately) lost her daughter in that accident, I talked to the priest about doing something like a musical scholarship concert in her honor. He actually got ANGRY and said: (don't remember the exact words) "You people need to just leave this woman alone for a while." I was hurt. I waited until I thought it might be a suitable time and contacted her. She did say she thought it would be appropriate and thanked me. BUT SHE DID NOT KNOW IF SHE COULD HANDLE BEING AT THAT CONCERT. She did come, stood back in the wings where I was and cried the whole time, looked like she aged 10 years ... so sad.

Noway, you are a smart lady. Imagine DT on tv or elsewhere saying "you know, we are so poor, and I appreciate y'all so much...we are so broke...I don't know how we are going to pay for all of this...."

Or saying what you have kindly set forth above. Somewhere someone posted that DT must authorize all fund raising. Also, if she was that concerned, she could take those funds and ask that they be channeled to something else. There's always the "in lieu of flowers or personal donations, family requests that you send money to ________" and that is usually AT funeral time and NOT TWO MONTHS AFTER. DT could have at any time (especially on the last interview when she was so sad for the dad of Shanyia) said, "people have been so kind to me....I know this poor father needs help...can you please send money to him?" Or donate to AMW for missing children? XO

In DT defense, some handle things better than others. She's a strong woman. I'm glad she's getting the support she needs. I know it does nothing for Somer though. But you do know Somer would like her family to be helped. I think she would be proud of her mom's strength. I wouldn't be that strong but I would have seen the body. Not seeing the body can be a plus too. Any case, I'm glad she has support. I would have donated myself if SP and PC weren't in the picture.

A very nice young man who attended High School with my older son is now a Funeral Director (says he knew he wanted to be one early on). He handled the funerals of both of my parents and several in my facility.

I am going to try to get ahold of him and ask him some questions about funeral protocols in a case like this - where there may or may not be extensive damage to the body - where there is an open investigation going on - where the family is encouraged not to view for whatever reasons. Whether or not he has had experience with homocide victims surely he was educated about this in college. I will get back to you all when I have a chance to follow up on this.

Please ask him if the police ever tell him not to show the body and what he says to the family if they do. Has he ever lied for the police about the condition of the body?

http://www.co.kane.il.us/coroner/death_protocol.pdf

Protocols for release of body of victim of homicide. May vary in different counties, but prob. are under some kind of Federal Protocols. View it in context of questions about Somer's stated time of death, etc., other questions relating to her body? I take it the coroner makes the call.

I went out to smoke (ugh.. I must quit), and had a cup of coffee and thought about what sorrell has said regarding whether my posts or fact or rumor. I think Ive made it clear that everything is from my perspective and I have stated so numerous times. I am not the only one whose posts are read and reposted by someone else several times until others take it as fact. I believe this is the case with a rumor about construction debris being found with somers body, it was posted as rumor, but as it gets posted again and again, some who skim over the posts sees this over and over and it becomes a fact to them when it was clearly stated it was a rumor. This is even the case with ST on national news, passing along what he thought was fact about the soot, when he heard it from LH who claimed LE told her this. Which I didnt believe because I know LH along with the way LE has been so tight lipped... in my mind, I knew it was not a fact.. however, it could very well be. We have to make our own decisions regarding what is heard, who heard it, and where it came from, as to whether it is a rumor or a fact. This is true for every poster on here, not just me and 4mer...

I also found this comment while reading back:

what they did to her was messed up i went to the same school as her the day after she died we all wore purple all 2000 of us she was a smart kid everybody liked her
To somer Thompson we all miss u here at oakleaf junior high school we all love u especcially me ur boyfriend, James
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZoOC5KI64Y&feature=geo

OMG cam, where did you find this? what they did to her? Was this her "boyfriend" in high school? As in older boy crush? Hmmmmm.... THANK YOU

I went out to smoke (ugh.. I must quit), and had a cup of coffee and thought about what sorrell has said regarding whether my posts or fact or rumor. I think Ive made it clear that everything is from my perspective and I have stated so numerous times. I am not the only one whose posts are read and reposted by someone else several times until others take it as fact. I believe this is the case with a rumor about construction debris being found with somers body, it was posted as rumor, but as it gets posted again and again, some who skim over the posts sees this over and over and it becomes a fact to them when it was clearly stated it was a rumor. This is even the case with ST on national news, passing along what he thought was fact about the soot, when he heard it from LH who claimed LE told her this. Which I didnt believe because I know LH along with the way LE has been so tight lipped... in my mind, I knew it was not a fact.. however, it could very well be. We have to make our own decisions regarding what is heard, who heard it, and where it came from, as to whether it is a rumor or a fact. This is true for every poster on here, not just me and 4mer...

More than likely what will solve this murder will be a rumor that turns into a fact not the other way around.

OMG cam, where did you find this? what they did to her? Was this her "boyfriend" in high school? As in older boy crush? Hmmmmm.... THANK YOU

I saw that before and thought it was very strange but remember kids are very very rude. One poor girl was killed (DWI, hit and run) right before Thanksgiving in my area and this crazy boy was writing how some other boy had a crush on her and wanted to do things to her.

Some adolescents are very weird and extremely immature.

http://www.youtube.com/user/odstairsoft

It seems he says he's 19 which can't be true. And this is the only comment I see by him.

Cam. That part of the video is not coming up for me so thank you for posting the script!!!

I also found this comment while reading back:

what they did to her was messed up i went to the same school as her the day after she died we all wore purple all 2000 of us she was a smart kid everybody liked her
To somer Thompson we all miss u here at oakleaf junior high school we all love u especcially me ur boyfriend, James
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZoOC5KI64Y&feature=geo

Now that is interesting! "what they did to her was messed up"..."we all love u especcially me ur boyfriend, James". There maybe rumors going around, but still ... and I hope he has been interviewed. :waitasec:

Hi Sad, good morning!

I started to make more of a comment on Cams post of the video but I really needed to think it out. I think the "boyfriend" if it is an elementary type kid isn't AS big of a red flag as the potential elder one. Anyway, more on that later...

I think it is interesting also about the "they" -- If this boy did have a relationship of some sort or know Somer well... it is possible she confided in him too -- If you notice the video the Sheriff also trips up in pressers and talks as if this is a group of people--

IMO, I feel it possible DT could have killed Somer in a rage/punishment and now has the help of SP and/or PC with a coverup. Sorry, I know it sounds cruel and victim unfriendly but it is my opinon! I think if "they" was attributed to kids in some way I think the beans would have spilled...by now... I will work on explaining my theory in more detail but it is all a matter of how you look at information in any case. It just so happens DT was the last person I put in the "perp" seat -- and when I do put her there it all fits - for me and in my eyes.

I also take back my theory that Somer could have been killed for her silence due to a possible incest between siblings, that is no longer my opinion.

I saw that before and thought it was very strange but remember kids are very very rude. One poor girl was killed (DWI, hit and run) right before Thanksgiving in my area and this crazy boy was writing how some other boy had a crush on her and wanted to do things to her.

Some adolescents are very weird and extremely immature.

http://www.youtube.com/user/odstairsoft

It seems he says he's 19 which can't be true. And this is the only comment I see by him.

when I go to the link, I dont see any comments... grrrrr.... gotta go for now.. BBL.. hopefully I can figure it out then... have a good day sleuthers!

when I go to the link, I dont see any comments... grrrrr.... gotta go for now.. BBL.. hopefully I can figure it out then... have a good day sleuthers!

There are no comments on that page just his user profile. I looked into each of his recent activity and no comments. Also, he's into strange stuff that some teens are into like war animations, xbox warfare, revolution and microwaving leggos as well as painting guns.

I find some of it to be in poor taste. I try to hold it in perspective that others are organizing the fundraisers (but with DT approval) and the money is going into a trust for her siblings. But when it comes down to it, it's not about the fundraising, IMO.

If the fundraising is sanctioned by the mother (and BF) and is funneled through an account overseen by a friend who was a crucial witness/participant in this investigation....

If the ongoing nature of the fundraising - including on the two-month anniversary of the child's death - shows a general lack of common sense that can be combined other behaviors (lack of child supervision) - and involves the young children out holding cans for donations when there is still a "killer on the loose"....

If the fundraising exceeds $100,000.00 and remains ongoing during a still open investigation...

If the fundraising does nothing to help catch the murderer of the child who is now dead, buried and no longer the interest of the media...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tattooed_crybaby22