FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how many workers were at the Gano house that day? Was it James, his partner & Kyle only. It was getting on in the afternoon, could the others have gone home for the day and Kyle was left alone to clean up,etc. No more mention of him in the media, referred to as unidentified worker of Vinson on some news articles, possibly familar with Somer, the statement of LE having someone on their rader, the statistics agree that alot of times the person who claims to have seen the victim last is the culprit. No panicking the public that a child predator is on the lose......could be the perp is under 24 hr surveilance until all lab testing is done and investigating, the testing must have been a tough job considering Somer was found in with trash, that trash would have DNA from hundreds of people/animals/etc and maybe that is why some tests are taking so long, they need to separate and analize so many samples. Maybe wishful thinking but I hope LE is closing in!

Do we know how many workers were at the Gano house that day? Was it James, his partner & Kyle only. It was getting on in the afternoon, could the others have gone home for the day and Kyle was left alone to clean up,etc. No more mention of him in the media, referred to as unidentified worker of Vinson on some news articles, possibly familar with Somer, the statement of LE having someone on their rader, the statistics agree that alot of times the person who claims to have seen the victim last is the culprit. No panicking the public that a child predator is on the lose......could be the perp is under 24 hr surveilance until all lab testing is done and investigating, the testing must have been a tough job considering Somer was found in with trash, that trash would have DNA from hundreds of people/animals/etc and maybe that is why some tests are taking so long, they need to separate and analize so many samples. Maybe wishful thinking but I hope LE is closing in!

I think I read an article some where that it said 3 man crew?I'm curious of who they were.I hope we hear something from LE on the DNA eveidence and there is an arrest soon.I think it's taking so long because I think they went back to the house on Gano to get more evidence.

IMO the article clearly states why they need his services.

Snipped:
Thompson wasn’t familiar with being part of a police investigation, answering questions from the media or handling money that was donated in honor of Somer. Besides being a liaison between Thompson and the Clay County Sheriff’s Office, Freed has established the Thompson Family Trust through Jacksonville Bank to provide the public a way to donate to the family, developed a group of advisors that review fundraising proposals to weed out possible scams and now advises Thompson on opportunities to speak to the media and the public on her experiences.

IMO the article clearly states why they need his services.

Snipped:
Thompson wasn’t familiar with being part of a police investigation, answering questions from the media or handling money that was donated in honor of Somer. Besides being a liaison between Thompson and the Clay County Sheriff’s Office, Freed has established the Thompson Family Trust through Jacksonville Bank to provide the public a way to donate to the family, developed a group of advisors that review fundraising proposals to weed out possible scams and now advises Thompson on opportunities to speak to the media and the public on her experiences.

This is what it also says. "Freed is able to help Thompson prepare for interviews with tips from his own experiences."

Is he a "media coach"????

This is what it also says. "Freed is able to help Thompson prepare for interviews with tips from his own experiences."

Wow, how many parents of murdered children need a "media coach"????

I don't see it as being a media coach.

I see it as someone helping her thru a tough time. Not only with interviews, but other things listed in the article.

I imagine DT feels some sort of relief for him offering his services.

I don't see it as being a media coach.

I see it as someone helping her thru a tough time. Not only with interviews, but other things listed in the article.

I imagine DT feels some sort of relief for him offering his services.
Who I wish would donate services is a great private investigator. I wish one would donate his services so Justice could be served to the monster who killed Somer. They need a great profiler to solve this case.

Maybe they think LE is close. They may have even been told that. IMO

If all the law enforcement agencies involved are doing their job, no private investigator would be needed. JMO

Besides CCSO, OPPD, FBI and NCIS ... who is working on this case?

Has anyone posted this about Atty Freed working for free? I find it truly odd that they need his services.

http://www.jaxdailyrecord.com/showstory.php?Story_id=530063

I do not find it odd at all. Parents of murdered children do attain legal counsel for a variety of reasons.Sherrif B apparently recommended this lawyer to DT. I was referring to the Holly Jones case here before, their duaghters killer was convicted, they hired a lawyer when the case started, and they still use the same lawyer years later to help with different things, such as donations and the foundation they started to fight child *advertiser censored*. (Holly's killer watched child *advertiser censored* an hour before deciding to snatch her off the street)

If all the law enforcement agencies involved are doing their job, no private investigator would be needed. JMO

Besides CCSO, OPPD, FBI and NCIS ... who is working on this case?

I think more people would be willing to speak to someone outside the law. Someone knows something. The PI could go into places and interview minors without parents or legal consent. No rights need to be read etc. It would be just what this case needs, less intimidation and more facts.

I do not find it odd at all. Parents of murdered children do attain legal counsel for a variety of reasons.Sherrif B apparently recommended this lawyer to DT. I was referring to the Holly Jones case here before, their duaghters killer was convicted, they hired a lawyer when the case started, and they still use the same lawyer years later to help with different things, such as donations and the foundation they started to fight child *advertiser censored*. (Holly's killer watched child *advertiser censored* an hour before deciding to snatch her off the street)

Thanks. I just read about Holly. What a beautiful little girl. I also read about her killer. What a despicable monster.
Someone wrote that perhaps there is a connection between Somer and child trafficking since this attorney is an expert on that. That's the only sense hiring him would make to me. The Jones hired due to their wanting to change *advertiser censored* laws etc.

Lawyers often have PIs who work for them, so maybe Freed has one on his payroll helping out in this capacity?

Interesting thought ... with the connection this lawyer has to human trafficking, is there a chance that Somer's murder is related?

if work was being done on the thompson home by vinson co. or another, or even the home next door? its possible that a sex offender worked with that company other then vinsons brother. if so, maybe that person seen somer and knew that she had a habit of stopping by the gano house, maybe thats an oppertunity he took to get at her? I have had a few strange things going on with me that I am reluctant in putting on the public forum, but I can almost feel certain that this person was known by the family or at least a familier face.... jmo...

Lawyers often have PIs who work for them, so maybe Freed has one on his payroll helping out in this capacity?

Interesting thought ... with the connection this lawyer has to human trafficking, is there a chance that Somer's murder is related?

If there is then Somer didn't die in vain. She may very well be the one who saves other kids from this horrible fate.

Thanks for the PI handbook. I hope someone blows this case wide open soon.

I don't know how useful that handbook is. I found it, posted it and started reading through it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aimilino01