FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about a connection to Somer -- but I do think there is a connection to that and HaLeigh's disappearance.

Agreed.

The reason I think their may be a connection is because of SP and PC. I just wonder if either of them was involved in drug trafficking.

Well, SP and PC both lived in Glen St. Mary. That could be a connection, no?

That's what I was thinking. We have sleuthed the connection. Now if we knew for a fact that they trafficked drugs. I wouldn't put anything past them.

I've never seen any kinda drug connection in this case.

How many people have lived in that town. I just don't see the connection.

JMO

[QUOTE=amytlake;4710995]My theories as to why we don't know Kyle's last name

1) LE wants him close to them for info and is keeping him away from media so Kyle doesn't say something that would screw up the investigation - could the original news reporter (Ryan Hughes) have been put under a gag order in regards to Kyle's last name? or i guess maybe he never got it.
2) Kyle is a minor
3) Kyle is not a legal US citizen

I hesistate from saying Kyle is an alias
b/c MommaD (am i correct?) said she confirmed Kyle is Kyle.
Was she also able to confirm he was not a minor?

I have always thought that Somer met up her killer at the Gano house. And I always felt that James Vinson seemed to be hiding something when he was interviewed. Either nervous about George, or maybe something as simple as he hires illegal immigrants and is worried he's going ot be found out - (a fear completely unrelated to Somer's death, however somethign that would negatively impact his business if discovered by LE).

Just my thoughts...
Off to my ponderings and lightbulb moments.

Amy[/QUOTE]

I talked to my son tonight who is a journalist and asked him some questions about Kyle being reported by just his first name. He said it is a situational thing, which I guess means depending on the situation, BUT he said that this is NOT acceptable nor normal journalism practice. He said it could be several things - (1) shoddy reporting (2) police could have gotten a judge to issue a gag order - which he said very rarely happens, or (3) that the reporter pulled the story from police reports that had the last name blacked out and " cribbed" the story from there. He also said that the name could not have been made up by the reporter - that he would have gotten fired for that. He said Kyle could have asked the reporter not to give his last name, but then the reporter would have had to say something like "Kyle, who requested that his last name not be revealed, said "so and so."

This is what it also says. "Freed is able to help Thompson prepare for interviews with tips from his own experiences."

Is he a "media coach"????

If he is a media coach, I think he might have advised DT to stop doing the interviews since we have seen her in only one since he became her lawyer. After that, she stopped going on TV.

Hello everyone. I have missed this place. :)

I went to somers grave today. She has a lovely marker, death date was 10/19. There is also a lovely bench with her name on it. I took pics and will post tomorrow. Its nice to be back, but I must sleep... goodnite all

Maybe tomorrow...

I think so too.It looked pretty obvious to me.

I think you are way off base here. To me it only seems as if he was upset knowing this might have been prevented had the right steps been taken to protect the children. Since this report happened last year. Now that seemed pretty obvious to me.

Hey Sad!! It is nice to have you back. Thanks for the info about Somer's gravesite.

Hello everyone. I have missed this place. :)

I went to somers grave today. She has a lovely marker, death date was 10/19. There is also a lovely bench with her name on it. I took pics and will post tomorrow. Its nice to be back, but I must sleep... goodnite all

Maybe tomorrow...

Thanks for that :)

I think you are way off base here. To me it only seems as if he was upset knowing this might have been prevented had the right steps been taken to protect the children. Since this report happened last year. Now that seemed pretty obvious to me.

I agree. I don't know how else a parent could react. He lost a child. He wasn't informed about the investigation. Now that she's gone, he finds out about this year old report and has to wonder what could have been done to prevent it.

DT is going to do a live interview on the Today Show this morning!!

Some people did not see it that way.I'm sorry.I don't want to slam either one.My heart goes out to both of them and Somers family and friends.Somer was thier little girl.I pray they find her killer soon.I feel we just need to move on and get back to the investigation of Somer.I pray we hear from LE about the DNA evidence real soon.Did we find out anything else on Kyle or the house on Gano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraJean1130