WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard from someone who knew MC at Cashmere that she was WAY into drugs. I also know that one of her good friends was arrested and pleaded guilty to marijuana charges.

Snipped by me.

Wow. For someone "way into drugs," Mackenzie sure did keep a tight schedule. High school in the morning, beauty school in the afternoon, dance team after that, and then working in gym visits at Gold's in the evening. I don't travel in druggy circles, but I would guess that most drug users don't work out, much less keep the tight schedule that Mackenzie did. I admire the hell out of the girl for overcoming the taunting and bullying that she had experienced to make something of herself. She had dreams and she was working toward those dreams. I just don't see her as the type of person to be "way into drugs," but I've been wrong before.

I am sure when I finally catch up reading I will see this is answered, but I also have some comments about the park. They are referring to Orondo St. not the city of Orondo.

I heard from someone who knew MC at Cashmere that she was WAY into drugs. I also know that one of her good friends was arrested and pleaded guilty to marijuana charges.

Along those lines I have relatives who are reformed meth users. They would meet the dealers at Riverfront Park. There is a small area by the bathrooms and the ramp leading to the river that is closed in on three sides. The trail is above this portion. You have to go down a hill on either of two sides to reach it. This is a known drug area.

Now the carwash. They would also use the carwash to do the exchange of drugs if there were too many people around the above location. Both parties (buyer and dealer) would get into one car. Inside the car was they would do the exchange so no one could see them.

I am not saying this is what happened in this case just wanting to explain some things about the reasoning.

This is interesting to hear this side of the spectrum. From the get go, this is what was RUMORED to be what she was doing. Again, as I said before, by all accounts she was a wonderful charming girl. However, only she really knows what was going on. I found it interesting with your take on the exact areas mentioned, and then to expand to the car wash. Very interesting. Maybe clears up a bit of this time frame. Could add in one of the R brothers (who seem to know their drugs fairly well) and may have been a passenger in the car wash. Also adds to the fact that whatever she was doing was quiet and remember, her aunt did state that "she was leaving beauty school and meeting someone outside..." Are we back to a drug deal gone bad theory... AAAHHHGGGGRRRRRR!!

Maybe it wasn't Mackenzie who requested the meeting. Maybe it was someone who didn't want a record of the call to be on Mackenzie's phone who requested the meeting at the park.

Okay, but then if not by phone, how would that meeting have been arranged?

Puf, I'm confused on why you think that the perp had to go in the water in order to place Mackenzie there? In my mind, she could've easily been placed with her feet in the water, without the perp going into the water.

GREAT job on that timeline! It's obvious quite a bit of work went into that!
:clap:

Snipped by me.

Wow. For someone "way into drugs," Mackenzie sure did keep a tight schedule. High school in the morning, beauty school in the afternoon, dance team after that, and then working in gym visits at Gold's in the evening. I don't travel in druggy circles, but I would guess that most drug users don't work out, much less keep the tight schedule that Mackenzie did. I admire the hell out of the girl for overcoming the taunting and bullying that she had experienced to make something of herself. She had dreams and she was working toward those dreams. I just don't see her as the type of person to be "way into drugs," but I've been wrong before.

With a few kids in high school myself, drugs are a form of income right now. (oops, I didn't mean for my kids. At least I hope not. It is midnight and I swear they are all upstairs) There are a lot of kids that sell them, and have never used them. It is a job without really working. That is a FACT.

I am sure when I finally catch up reading I will see this is answered, but I also have some comments about the park. They are referring to Orondo St. not the city of Orondo.

Along those lines I have relatives who are reformed meth users. They would meet the dealers at Riverfront Park. There is a small area by the bathrooms and the ramp leading to the river that is closed in on three sides. The trail is above this portion. You have to go down a hill on either of two sides to reach it. This is a known drug area.

Now the carwash. They would also use the carwash to do the exchange of drugs if there were too many people around the above location. Both parties (buyer and dealer) would get into one car. Inside the car was they would do the exchange so no one could see them.

I am not saying this is what happened in this case just wanting to explain some things about the reasoning.

It was never addressed yesterday after I referenced this article. I did mean Orondo St. in my post, but forgot the St. part. I am amazed that no one is wondering about it saying that she was at 5th St. Riverfront Park and Orondo St. Riverfront Park (both in Wenatchee). I am going to assume it was a typo and she was just at Riverfront Park at the end of Orondo St. in Wenatchee.

I feel she may have went to the boat launch to pass time. Or to talk to her friend she may have given a ride to work (seen with at car wash). I don't think the boat launch is where she met the perp. It happened after she dropped off her friend and the car wash. She met someone. Someone that was close to her. I feel this someone knows what happened.

so combining the most recent posts with this--------did MC pick up some kind of drug and go up to Sunnyslope house to do them with someone and the high became a violent exchange?

Exactly. I think that's why he/she/they didn't complete the task. They may also have been rushed by circumstances/police/fear.

As for a person in their 'right mind' attempting dismemberment -- society has been desensitized. Try watching a few episodes of the television show Dexter, (which I believe the killer has watched). It just finished it's 4th season. The show makes dismembering a body and disposing of it at sea appear easy AND it includes the actor/serial killers inner monologue to explain why he does what he does in a very logical manner. Logical to the point of acting outside of emotion -- something I think some 'right minded' people are capable of doing for short periods of time.

I've never seen that show.. but it sounds like it shouldn't be on TV. Ugh.

Anyways - I'm leading towards the 'jealousy' aspect. Hate, jealousy, etc.

I agree. I was wondering if she could be angry/rageful enough to take it out on MC ---

Also---can anyone think why would MC need to meet anyone at the boat launch to "tell" them something. Why not call JF on the phone? And why wouldn't you meet at a house or at a public place like a coffee shop to have a conversation with someone you were uncomfortable with their possible reaction? Now I am back to wondering what she was doing down at the boat launch-------unless it was a convenient spot to stop to talk before crossing the bridge to go on home to Orondo for dinner................aw jeez IDK.

I really don't think she is a rageful person. I feel maybe pissed at JF for being a womanizer.

I really don't think she met anyone at the boat launch. I believe she already had plans to meet someone close to her (would be no need to tell anyone, because it was a meeting with someone she usually met with).

I really don't think she is a rageful person. I feel maybe pissed at JF for being a womanizer.

I really don't think she met anyone at the boat launch. I believe she already had plans to meet someone close to her (would be no need to tell anyone, because it was a meeting with someone she usually met with).

wow! your comments are so cryptic I'm getting goosebumps.
So you don't think she met anyone at the boat launch at all? She met someone close to her somewhere else? Then why was she at the boat launch do you think?

TV shows of this nature shouldn't be allowed on TV. These shows give kooks, killers, and crazies more ideas.

Any show on TV can give someone an idea to do something wrong. The problem with someone following Dexter and getting ideas on how to commit the perfect crime is that they would be arrested very quickly. While it seems like Dexter is committing the perfect crime, it is a television show. The character makes mistakes continently and the only reason that he is not in jail is because he is a police officer working on some of the cases he has committed. A real life Dexter would have left tons of DNA behind. The other thing is that Dexter does not kill innocent people.

If you want to ban television shows like Dexter, because they give kooks ideas, you are going to have to ban documentaries like: Snapped, Real Detectives….

There is a car wash just north of 5th st. on Wenatchee ave. Fifth st is access street to Riverfront park

This was just part of the ramblings last night trying to figure out which car wash she might have been eye-witnessed at with a male passenger. If you would continue reading the thread you will find it was later turned into a confirmed rumor of being the car wash by Dusty's Burgers in North Wenatchee, only exit being north on Wen. Ave. Although there is also a right turn not far that would take you back towards Lowe's and then downtown.

On another note: I'm not sure Lowe's has anything to do with her travels that last day in town. I believe the only semi-substantiated rumors about Lowes included a friend of MC being questioned by investigators about phone calls to Lowes in the previous weeks, NOT the day of her disappearance.

Snipped by me.

That depends on the drug.

If she was on (say) drugs typically given to people with ADHD - adderall (amphetamines), ritalin, etc. - those can help with "energy" if you have a lot of stuff on your plate.

Unfortunately you'd be surprised how many people are into drugs that you wouldn't think would be :(

This is interesting to hear this side of the spectrum. From the get go, this is what was RUMORED to be what she was doing. Again, as I said before, by all accounts she was a wonderful charming girl. However, only she really knows what was going on. I found it interesting with your take on the exact areas mentioned, and then to expand to the car wash. Very interesting. Maybe clears up a bit of this time frame. Could add in one of the R brothers (who seem to know their drugs fairly well) and may have been a passenger in the car wash. Also adds to the fact that whatever she was doing was quiet and remember, her aunt did state that "she was leaving beauty school and meeting someone outside..." Are we back to a drug deal gone bad theory... AAAHHHGGGGRRRRRR!!

Did Mackenzie attend a Cashmere school?

A possible meeting at the boat launch to make a drug deal would explain why the other person has not come forward.

I have heard the "rumor" about 'dismember' from a number of people around town. One of those persons I believe to be a pretty good source. Certainly does not make it fact but as I said at the begining of my post, my theory is made up of some speculation and unsubstantiated rumors.

Also, I think the persons who did this are NOT in their right minds.

Dismemberment and vomit reports have been verified in previous posts???

This has been discussed quite a bit. It was mentioned to me by a strong source. While it is not fact yet, I believe we will find out that it was at least attempted. JMO

Whoa. I assumed that this was his daughter. He has children that are under 5?

THIS is interesting.

and THIS - claims to be separated in the short description and single in her self-description.

Can you give any hint as to how I can find her? I have been very interested. TYIA!!

Still, the one question that I can't get out of my mind is WHY were her feet placed in the water? To do that, the person pulling the body by its feet had to go into the water, or if he/she were carrying the body, he/she had to go into the water, turn back toward the shore, then dump the body. No matter how he/she was carrying or dragging the body, he/she had to go into the water. Even if two people moved the body, the grasping the feet had to go into the water. WHY? That is the answer I am eager to hear.

More importantly - why not just dump the body in the water? Water is pretty good at destroying evidence.

You've brought the body that far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member