WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Alt.theory. I know I DID see it on FB originally. It may have been pulled.
The aunt's statement:

"She was at beauty school and apparently met someone outside. It's pretty sketchy about where she went from there."

The key word to me, is "apparently". We KNOW MC encountered someone. The aunt's statement of apparently sounds more like she is repeating the news (probably heard first-hand from family members,) that MC was snatched sometime after she left the academy - not that she had prior knowledge MC had a set meeting with someone.

Since we don't seem to know when the FB comment was made it is anyone's guess as to whether or not family knew MC was suppose to meet someone after she left the beauty school. Police could have gathered that information from video cameras and informed family during questioning. That could have been how the aunt knew of the meeting. It all depends on the time-line which we don't have.

So I was just thinking - police did tell us almost immediately that it wasn't an abduction. So either they gathered that information from video cameras very early on or ??? How else would they have known? Did the male passenger admit to getting a ride from MC almost immediately? But why couldn't an abduction happen AFTER the male passenger claims he was dropped off??? What kind of alibi did he attempt??? Police must have saw through his alibi right away to continue to say MC wasn't abducted... I think I just got really confused...

Well anyway, I have a feeling MC mentioned something like this to someone, "I've gotta give so-and-so a ride, run a couple of errands and then I'll swing back around to pick you up." If that message made it back to family, that could explain the "aunt's" FB comment before police knew about this male passenger.

On another note: I hesitate to use the word "snatched" - to me, this word implies the use of force, (or the threat of force), was used against MC to get her to drive the male passenger to another location. That could make sense to me if she was forced to drive to another out-of-the-way location. But, when we throw in the stop at the car wash, (with an attendant who walks up to the window!), it just adds another level of risk that someone forcing her I wouldn't think would allow.

I think she was willing to drive around with this person because she knew him and trusted him to some degree and he wasn't an inconvenience to her plans of doing a few errands before taking him to where he wanted to go, (and I think maybe even she was convinced she wanted to go there too. As in the, "I got something to show you" routine).

Autumn Rose----why did you pick the railroad tracks out of the whole story---did your friend really emphasize that landmark as being meaningful?

I wonder if MC could have been held in Lower Sunnyslope and the perp went to the spec home for tools.

Finally----I have no trouble believing that MCs sadness could have been so strong that it permeated people's dreams that night. I am hopeful that in return our concern and care for her permeates her spirit with warmth.

I don't think she was held at all. I think she was killed almost immediately. Apparently this "woman" had a lot of rage and anger and jealousy? towards her and the man had no problem doing away with her. I don't know what the significance of all the children is or why the woman slapped the little girl which enraged Mackenzie, but my friend also felt the rage towards the woman because it was actually her daughter that she slapped. Only her daughter is all grown up! Some symbolism there. The woman was angry with Mc, though. Maybe somebody on the forum is an expert on dreams and what they mean!

I want to find that house and those tracks!

One other thing. My friend said that one of her co-workers said that the salesman at Sangster motors said that WC, JF AND MC all came in. I don't know who the saleman was and I don't know if they were just looking or already in the buying process, but the fact that someone said MC was with them would mean WC was buying JF the truck before MC disappeared. The salesman also apparently said that he was confused as to whether JF was there with WC or there with MC. This is a rumor, though. Can anyone substantiate it? Anyone know the salesmen at Sangster's?

Yes, I can confirm that the new vehicle in question was indeed purchased and it was purchased BEFORE the murder.

Someone else posted this link: http://www.kirotv.com/slideshow/news/22603743/detail.html

I just wanted to comment that pictures numbered 5 and 10 are the approximate location where her body was found. You can see where the police are standing is the beach and to the right of them in the brush is where her body was. So, you wouldn't be walking over her but you would see a glimpse of something to your right as you were walking by.

Thanks, Melissa. That's right on the edge of the actual river, the actual shore.

And from the looks of it, a truck with decent tires could back right down to that shoreline--and be hidden well. I've taken my truck down inclines steeper than that, and it's not 4WD.

Welcome. Thanks for speaking up! I would like it over sooner rather than later.

Along the lines of DNA and modern forensics: I directly know someone who does DNA extractions, (lots of them). So, if we assume our car wash suspect uses a defense that includes a story that he hugged or kissed, (or more), our victim goodbye it could explain his DNA on the victim and her clothes.

Now the rumors going around include that the person who dropped the body off at the CB location vomited. So I posed the question about DNA extraction from vomit. Odds are strong a good lab tech can pull good DNA bands from fresh vomit. Stomach acid outside the body will become pH neutral in a variable amount of time. Lets assume the body was dumped at night, therefore the vomit would be covered in the morning dew, (which might be higher caused by the closeness to the river). This could increase the speed to pH neutral. There is also some thought that the stomach acid might actually help preserve the DNA from the elements of nature.

Other things of note: Salvia itself does not contain DNA cells. It is the epithelial cells, skin cells, from the lining of the mouth which the DNA gets pulled from. In the case of vomit it would have epithelial cells from the lining of the throat as well, (the more violent the *advertiser censored* vomited the better for evidence).

DNA extraction of vomit might become more difficult based on the number of days it sits exposed to the elements. DNA degradation occurs caused by the elements. Freezing and thawing is damaging. Sunshine, UV light, is about the most damaging to DNA. Let's hope our suspect attempted to cover his vomit by leaves or some such.

The vomit rumor started here. Or was repeated here. When we repeat rumors and don't clearly state that we're repeating rumors, then it will get picked up by the MANY people from Wenatchee who are reading this forum, and it will be repeated as fact.

Then WS members from Wenatchee will say that they heard several people saya that the perp vomited at the crime scene, and it must be true because they heard it from ten people...when in fact, the rumor began at WS.

That's why we have to be VERY careful to mark every post with info based on rumors as such.

Just like the spec house thing. Where did that come from? Why does everyone try to tailor their hypotheses around that spec house?

Can someone explain to me the correlation between the washing of her vehicle at the car wash and the print removal? Why would this be done before the crime was committed? Even if his goal was to remove prints on the outside of her vehicle, what does he think is happening to all his prints on the inside? Am I missing something?

I remember the articles and radio reports stating it was found at 10, as well. This would make more sense if her dad was worried that she was out past curfew...

s&bbm

Something that has been on my mind but, I think, has not been discussed here yet is the discrepancy between MC being expected home for supper Tuesday evening and the statement that she was past curfew, unless supper was curfew, but that seems early to me.

Perhaps the 5:40 ping was MC turning on her phone to call her dad saying that she would not be home for supper, which might explain why dad said she missed curfew *instead of* saying she missed supper. IIRC it was reported that she was supposed to be at her dad's for supper. If she did try to call, then she might have been with someone she trusted or who took exception to her turning on her phone (as in "what are you doing, narcing on us?"). Could there have been enough time to for MC to call, or try to call, and then the perp commit the deed and still abandon the car sometime around 7:00 PM?

A possible problem with this theory is if MC made the call, then why have LE describe it as a ping and not a call, unless it was a text or MC left a message that she would not be home for supper. Or, maybe for some reason LE wants to let out they have knowledge of about where the phone was at 5:40. They have a ping; they must have an idea of where that was, they are just not divulging where.

IMO MC was killed around the time of the last cell phone ping. Where the ping took place might be near where the homicide took place. Again, JMHO.

For some reason, I did not do much looking into the brothers in jail when they were first mentioned. Now, I am quite behind. Due to the fact that they are currently uncarserated on SOME charge, can someone please tell me thier names? What are the current charges?

Also, does anyone know the name of the person that was arrested for stealing at Lowes?

I believe that Mackenzie's body was placed on the shore on the night of the day that she was killed.

Putrefaction of the body would make moving it days after death a very difficult job. Three days after death the body would be bloated from bacterial growth in the stomach, intestines, colon. The leaking fluids and the stench would be overwhelming.

The last name of the brothers begins with "R," and they are listed next to each other on the inmate list. Just sharing information that has already been posted on this, and other, threads. If I understand correctly, names are not allowed here unless they are named as suspects or POI, and they have not been so-named by LE.

I do not know anything else you about which you asked.

For some reason, I did not do much looking into the brothers in jail when they were first mentioned. Now, I am quite behind. Due to the fact that they are currently uncarserated on SOME charge, can someone please tell me thier names? What are the current charges?

Also, does anyone know the name of the person that was arrested for stealing at Lowes?

No known truth to the theory of the brothers being involved in this. Coincidental because allegedly, one of the brothers worked for JF at some point. I also believe that with their criminal history and the timing of their newest incarceration, plus the fact that it was RUMORED early on that they had a suspect in custody, I believe people put two and two together. I know one brother missed his court date prior to the murder, so he was allegedly picked up on that charge. But the other brother??? So, both remain in jail on charges not associated to this crime. However the fact that they don't show a bail amount, we are speculating that they are being held on their current charges. Awaiting DNA? Perhaps. Speculation that they were maybe involved in the aiding of the body removal or possibly planting her vehicle in PC. Either way, they have both had such a history of crimes that they will have their prints on file, and their DNA. I wondered if they dusted her car for prints and there was a match to one of them? They were maybe not directly involved in the murder, but used afterwards?? Strictly speculation...
The newest rumor occurred when a member brought up the fact that the woman who was found dead in the last month or so of a drug overdose is possibly related to them... R&R

The vomit rumor started here. Or was repeated here. When we repeat rumors and don't clearly state that we're repeating rumors, then it will get picked up by the MANY people from Wenatchee who are reading this forum, and it will be repeated as fact.

Then WS members from Wenatchee will say that they heard several people saya that the perp vomited at the crime scene, and it must be true because they heard it from ten people...when in fact, the rumor began at WS.

That's why we have to be VERY careful to mark every post with info based on rumors as such.

Just like the spec house thing. Where did that come from? Why does everyone try to tailor their hypotheses around that spec house?

The spec house involvement, whatever it may or may not be, is rumor and speculation. I believe this has been based on at least one person on WS noting seeing a team of LE searching the house.

To me- the term "spec house" has actually come to stand for wherever she was after being seen at the boat launch. For all we know, she never went north from the boat launch. This is all based upon rumor and speculation as well.

The car wash involvement is rumor and speculation as well.

All we really know is that she was spotted at the boat launch at 3:40, a text was exchanged w/ boyfriend from there at that time. From there, the next factual thing we have is the phone ping at 5:42. Then the car being spotted by RH at 7:00, called in to LE at 8:00.

I think we take the rumors we hear and speculate as we just want to make some sense of what may have happened. I do, anyway...

Try this post from the first thread. HERE

Makes it sound like someone? did know she had met someone in downtown.

At this point it is all but confirmed that she did met someone, (at least in my mind). I mean, now there is also pretty good information that someone (male) was with her at the car wash.

Sounds like the aunt is getting info the same way we are.

"Apparently met someone..." sounds like rumor...not confirmed.

And the car wash info is also a rumor.

The person that was arrested in the Lowe's debacle is a 20 yr old man. The day of his arrest coincidently has been left out of the crime reports for the day, as is most of the information involving Mackenzie's death... interesting.

If the brothers that are in jail were involved, I'm wondering what people think could possibly have been their motive? This crime to me just feels like it was premeditated (a lot seems to have been done in a short period of time leading me to think there was a plan of some sort) and done out of rage or revenge, IMO.

Could it be as "simple" as one of the brothers (or someone else) having developed an intense fixation on MC over time, with there being no reciprocation on her part? Could he have "waited" for her for a long time and finally have set a trap? If he was someone she knew through others, she may not have been greatly suspicious.

If she unknowingly or unintentionally "spurned" the person and he felt rejected, disrespected or rebuffed enough....with his mind being very disturbed and twisted, could he have set out to sybolically and literally "shame" her? Maybe that type of scenario could have provoked the intense rage? The motive doesn't have to make a lot of sense to us sane folks.

There was no evidence of a crime inside MC's car? it was clean? Then, I am guessing Killer didn't drive the car to PC Rd. Killer didn't have much time to clean up after he/she did "it". Someone else drove the car to PC, unless Killer drove car there, before the death of MC.

Evidence and fingerprints were found in the car... was sent to the Crime Lab. It's in the timeline with source.

I dont believe the body was there 3days from what I have heard(rumor).
I also agree she was placed there the night she was murdered, this being said, I don't believe she was murdered the same day she went missing...All RUMOR and my strong belief.

Autumn Rose----why did you pick the railroad tracks out of the whole story---did your friend really emphasize that landmark as being meaningful?

I wonder if MC could have been held in Lower Sunnyslope and the perp went to the spec home for tools.

Finally----I have no trouble believing that MCs sadness could have been so strong that it permeated people's dreams that night. I am hopeful that in return our concern and care for her permeates her spirit with warmth.

Regarding the train tracks, the only thing I could think of symbolizing this would be her braces? Does anyone know if she was picked on for wearing braces? I know in her senior pics she didn't have any... does anyone know if they were photoshopped out?? "she was trying to get over the tracks, very focused on it" - trying to get over the tormenting over being picked on?? maybe?? I dunno.

Regarding the train tracks, the only thing I could think of symbolizing this would be her braces? Does anyone know if she was picked on for wearing braces? I know in her senior pics she didn't have any... does anyone know if they were photoshopped out?? "she was trying to get over the tracks, very focused on it" - trying to get over the tormenting over being picked on?? maybe?? I dunno.

Interesting you asked that. I had brought that up a while ago because I also noticed no braces. I was TOLD by a friend of hers that she wore them on the bottom teeth, which would explain why we can't see them in her pics. I wondered if she wore invisalign. I heard a RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR that her braces were removed during the murder, and I wondered why the police made such a deal about that when they were searching for her becasue they were not visible in her pics. The friend said that they were on her lower teeth to aid in the correction of her bite that was the brunt of her teasing. Great thought on the train track and teeth issue. Also, another RUMOR RUMOR RUMOR a boyfriend of hers referred to her as "trainwreck"??? interesting.

Tune in at 1-2 p.m. Thursday when KPQ's Rhona Baron hosts a news hour featuring Corporal Guy Minor, women's self defense instructor with Special Services from the Wenatchee Police Department; Bob King, Director of Student Safety and Security for the Wenatchee School District and others from Wenatchee High School.

The phone lines will be open for your questions and comments as our panelists offer insight and advice on staying safe in the wake of the Mckenzie Cowell Murder. It's an important show you won't want to miss. Join host Rhona Baron for "How to Live Safely After the Death of Mckenzie Cowell" Thursday, March 11 at 1p.m. on KPQ.

http://www.kpq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1915

Locals, that might be worth listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kristirobots