NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But JB has stepped up big time, IMO. I'm sure any possible connection would have been ruled out long ago.

I was just responding to the discussion by Guitar and Laytonian a few pages back. I think we are just rehashing info to see if something could have slipped through the cracks.

I'm not demotivated (can't speak for my thighs and *advertiser censored**!). But it's going to be very hot here very soon, so they better get on it.

IMO, if there is a reliable tip that Steven's remains are out there somewhere, the search needs to be done professionally.

Did any of us mention there were young children on the search?

No mention, but I saw it.

True. But JB has stepped up big time, IMO. I'm sure any possible connection would have been ruled out long ago.

It's an angle we've not thought about before, and probably worth mulling over.

The obvious thing would be Steven thinking about moving to Vegas, because he had some family there. There could have been a fairly recent, non-hinky contact.

There's always the possibility that JB did have contact with Steven BUT that it had nothing to do with his disappearance.
Like if SK had contacted him about maybe helping him find a job, and JB referred him to the SCA HOA or Revere Golf Club.

No, wait. That angle won't work, because that wouldn't explain why Steven was in THAT SPOT in SCA....because the offices are nowhere near where he parked. The family/investigators still say there's still no reason for him to be there.

I'm not demotivated (can't speak for my thighs and *advertiser censored**!). But it's going to be very hot here very soon, so they better get on it.

IMO, if there is a reliable tip that Steven's remains are out there somewhere, the search needs to be done professionally.
Did any of us mention there were young children on the search?

Would they have done harm? Did the non-pro dogs do harm?

If it's a crime scene, it was already tainted. It wasn't sealed off and sterile, like the inside of Steven's car would have been before it was opened.

It's an open desert area where people dump things, where animals roam, where people bury pets, where someone was living for months, where strange things go on at night, where rain washes things down into gullies.

It's an angle we've not thought about before, and probably worth mulling over.

The obvious thing would be Steven thinking about moving to Vegas, because he had some family there. There could have been a fairly recent, non-hinky contact.

There's always the possibility that JB did have contact with Steven BUT that it had nothing to do with his disappearance.
Like if SK had contacted him about maybe helping him find a job, and JB referred him to the SCA HOA or Revere Golf Club.

No, wait. That angle won't work, because that wouldn't explain why Steven was in THAT SPOT in SCA....because the offices are nowhere near where he parked. The family/investigators still say there's still no reason for him to be there.

:waitasec: Wasn't it just mentioned here earlier today that Steven and JB hadn't had any contact since the whole family was here together - or did I imagine that?

Why would communication between cousins be "hidden." Or was it on Steven's computer or phone and not thought to be worth further exploration?

We're not likely to get the answer to that question!

:waitasec: Wasn't it just mentioned here earlier today that Steven and JB hadn't had any contact since the whole family was here together - or did I imagine that?

Why would communication between cousins be "hidden." Or was it on Steven's computer or phone and not thought to be worth further exploration?

We're not likely to get the answer to that question!

Right.

Steven (according to the family) hadn't been in Vegas for about four years - since a family get-together. But we really don't know about communication.

Think of all the chain-letter emails that could be exchanged between members of a family that large - and the little comments they'd all make back and forth ;)

Would they have done harm? Did the non-pro dogs do harm?

If it's a crime scene, it was already tainted. It wasn't sealed off and sterile, like the inside of Steven's car would have been before it was opened.

It's an open desert area where people dump things, where animals roam, where people bury pets, where someone was living for months, where strange things go on at night, where rain washes things down into gullies.

The kids may not have done any harm - but who the HE!! wants their 7-year-old to find a dead body?

Grown ups, kids, dogs - all there. The PI said he didn't want any ATV's out there specifically so they wouldn't taint anything. Yet the ATV's WERE out long before all the searchers came back.

I'm just saying - this was my first search EVER and I knew it wasn't going down the way it should have less than 5 minutes in.

To Believe09: The PI talked about upcoming searches on the FB page; you've read that - right?

Believe09, I was positive I'd read it on the FB page - but I don't see it there now. :waitasec:

Basically, what I read was that no new searches would be scheduled unless more information was developed. My apologies for the incorrect reference.

Right.

Steven (according to the family) hadn't been in Vegas for about four years - since a family get-together. But we really don't know about communication.

Think of all the chain-letter emails that could be exchanged between members of a family that large - and the little comments they'd all make back and forth ;)

Was there evidence of that? Of course, WE don't know. Hoping the PI has access to whatever was found on Steven's computer and may see something that's been missed.

It could happen...

The kids may not have done any harm - but who the HE!! wants their 7-year-old to find a dead body?

Whoever brought those kids, I guess. I can't imagine it, myself.
I don't want myself to find a dead body. When I was a kid, I read about "the boy in the box" and for years, was afraid I'd find a body.

Grown ups, kids, dogs - all there. The PI said he didn't want any ATV's out there specifically so they wouldn't taint anything. Yet the ATV's WERE out long before all the searchers came back.

I'm just saying - this was my first search EVER and I knew it wasn't going down the way it should have less than 5 minutes in.

There's probably not a lot you can control, with a volunteer search crew in a public area. At least there was a small contingent of LE, CSI - right? Those were probably the only resources Henderson would provide, so the rest was up to those who would provide.

When I saw the pictures of the same-day SP search, that one looked like a freakin' party in the desert (lawn chairs, dogs, drinks, paragliders, etc) compared to what you all were doing ... and those were supposedly professionals!

Believe09, I was positive I'd read it on the FB page - but I don't see it there now. :waitasec:

Basically, what I read was that no new searches would be scheduled unless more information was developed. My apologies for the incorrect reference.
You did read it on FB...

Craig Retke Hello everybody. This is Craig and I am know recovered from the search yesterday! We had a fantastic turn out of over 70 people. Not just 70 normal people but people with a drive and spirit to find Steven. Honestly, I was worried at first that things of importance would be overlooked. I am amazed at the diligence and a...bsolute dedication that every one of them have to finding Steven.
Example: Silver colored house keys were found in a very rocky patch and the rocks were the same color as the keys. Searchers found over 50 items of interest but unfortunately I do not believe any of them were related to Steven. We are awaiting the results on a few items but won't know until later in the week.
PLEASE KNOW THAT THIS IS NOT THE LAST SEARCH NOR THE END OF THIS CASE. Again, anybody can call me, email me or write me with information. All of my contact information is available on FB. Thanks again to everybody who participated in the search and everybody on this site that wants to find Steven.See More

April 11 at 7:24am

Was there evidence of that? Of course, WE don't know. Hoping the PI has access to whatever was found on Steven's computer and may see something that's been missed.

It could happen...

I just threw out the chain letters as the kind of thing a family exchanges just to say "hi" to each other. I used to be on my (LDS) cousins' email chain list, and received about ten emails a day from people I didn't even know -- but I'd write back and say "Hi" occasionally, to those I did know.

I agree on both counts.

Regarding the info on the computer and phone. This was all done by the family in the beginning. So anything the PI or LE found after the fact would not be "clean" either.

I didn't join the CA thread because I thought the case was getting too weird......but this is getting just as bad.

I don't want myself to find a dead body. When I was a kid, I read about "the boy in the box" and for years, was afraid I'd find a body.

I didn't either!

There's probably not a lot you can control, with a volunteer search crew in a public area. At least there was a small contingent of LE, CSI - right? Those were probably the only resources Henderson would provide, so the rest was up to those who would provide.

When I saw the pictures of the same-day SP search, that one looked like a freakin' party in the desert (lawn chairs, dogs, drinks, paragliders, etc) compared to what you all were doing ... and those were supposedly professionals!

I think it could have been much better controlled.

I was under the impression the detective and the CSI investigator didn't show up until the "bones" were found. Does anyone know if that's correct?

I was kind of in my own little world there.

I agree on both counts.

Regarding the info on the computer and phone. This was all done by the family in the beginning. So anything the PI or LE found after the fact would not be "clean" either.

I didn't join the CA thread because I thought the case was getting too weird......but this is getting just as bad.

What's so weird about this case?

I understand the frustration of the SP case having more PR, but to compare a professional search to a "freakin party" is pretty low in my eyes.

Susan's search began before the sun came up and ended around 5:30 that night, in a very remote area. Appoximately 12 hours vs SK's at four and in a very convenient and populated place. Provisions had to be made for these folks. The only lawn chairs I saw in any pics had to do with with a medical tent and a table with a map BLM had provided. There were no paragliders.....they were "motorized parachutes" to help in the search...to hover above, but very close to the ground. A little different search all toether.

Not sure, but I think your missing the point she is making.
The search may have been put together to smoke out someone. So publicizing the search, could have done it's job. No one will ever know unless the PI tells it.

Ohhhh....now that you put it THAT way, I do get it. :blushing:

I understand the frustration of the SP case having more PR, but to compare a professional search to a "freakin party" is pretty low in my eyes.

Susan's search began before the sun came up and ended around 5:30 that night, in a very remote area. Appoximately 12 hours vs SK's at four and in a very convenient and populated place. Provisions had to be made for these folks. The only lawn chairs I saw in any pics had to do with with a medical tent and a table with a map BLM had provided. There were no paragliders.....they were "motorized parachutes" to help in the search...to hover above, but very close to the ground. A little different search all toether.

I haven't read about Susan's search. But weren't both search teams basically looking for the same thing?

Were you on SP's search?

I haven't read about Susan's search. But weren't both search teams basically looking for the same thing?

Were you on SP's search?

No, I wasn't on the search. Yes, they were looking for remains or evidence, but in a totally different environment.

Fairy, you've been here since the beginning and you don't think it's not weird that there is absolutely nothing to go on besides an edited video clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spunky55