Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Gina? Is she still posting here? If raf and I manage to do a translation of the video (I'm referring to the third one posted on the social media thread), could she (Gina) possibly substitute her English pages with our translation??? Are you guys ok with using the third youtube video that I posted on the social media thread???

ETA - The third youtube of post #3 here:

Facebook -MySpace- Social networking pages for Anna - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I think it would be fantastick if we could do this in Italian!
Gina_M made the three videos and posted them in various places including the International Centre for Missing and Exploited Children. She has not posted here for a while.

Raf, thank you so much for doing the story. I'll translate it tomorrow.

Hi Annasmom,
PinkPanther can make it; she know the italian also if no very able in the writing, but sure she is able in the reading and can translate it for you, and after your agreement, you can send it...
Hugs,
raf

You're so sweet! I guess it needs to go into some kind of portable format if the letter, etc., is going to Italy by e-mail. I have Toast software, but am not sure whether it could convert a DVD into some kind of e-mail-able format. I'm really not very savvy when it comes to technology.

Hi Annasmom,

If it's only a short DVD you should be able to copy it to your hard drive and then attach it to the email. If the file is too big you will probably find that it won't email. You could try to send it to one of us first to make sure it works.

The other thing you could do is put it on youtube and just add the link to the email.

Annasmom and Doogie - I just want to add that I think that the third "Gina video" I mentioned could also be added as a link! It's very dramatic and it hits on all of the main points of Anna's story. It is also in keeping with the style of reporting that I have seen on the show. Even if you sent it in English, I think it would be ok.

I Pink thank you!
Annasmom must add the own surname here:
"My name is (full name removed) and I am an American mother who lives in California. "
Hugs,
raf

Raf and Pink Panther, thank you so much for your good work on this. I filled in the places as you suggested and added the link to Gina_M's first video on YouTube and have just e-mailed it. Let us hope for a good result (and not a telephone call in Italian, since my Italian is limited to musical terms and all I could say would be largo and pianissimo.

Dear Annasmom,
not worry.. the italian program staff is able in english language; however if they replying in italian, I and Pink we are here....
hugs,
raf

Raf and Pink Panther, thank you so much for your good work on this. I filled in the places as you suggested and added the link to Gina_M's first video on YouTube and have just e-mailed it. Let us hope for a good result (and not a telephone call in Italian, since my Italian is limited to musical terms and all I could say would be largo and pianissimo.
I'm so happy to hear that you've already sent this out! As raf has stated, they do have some staff that speaks English so they should be able to communicate with you. I have seen some of their case summaries (on the Italian site) listed in English...

Regardless, raf and I would be happy to help out.

I've removed some posts due to using full names and privacy issues. Please do not post any WS members full name. We respect our members privacy and unless they wish to share their full names here, please, do not post them.

If you have any questions please send me a pm. I will also be adding a new sticky to our forum titled threadiquette for any questions regarding posting and TOS as WS.

thanks!

I'm so happy to hear that you've already sent this out! As raf has stated, they do have some staff that speaks English so they should be able to communicate with you. I have seen some of their case summaries (on the Italian site) listed in English...

I was really impressed with your translation!

This is really exciting stuff, it's an avenue that hasn't been explored before.

Since I came to Anna's thread I have always thought that if Anna was taken out of the US, that Italy would be the most likely place the G's would take her, as it is the only country that they refer to in the squibb notes. I have always thought Greece would be unlikely because of GW's close association there and the fact that Annasmom's ex husband still lived there.

Every Italian I have ever know, and that's quite a few, are extremely family orientated and I'm sure a missing child would tug at their heart strings. I have a really good feeling about this.

I have a bit of a busy weekend coming up but I am hoping to get some time to look into addresses for the celebs agents to send SFA to. I also want to include Nicole Kidman to the list of celebs that I want to send SFA to.

As soon as I get the addresses I will order the 5 copies of SFA. I'm guessing that most, probably all, of their agents will be in CA. Is there someone on here in CA that would be willing to take delivery of this shipment and post them out for me?

Annasmom, is it OK with you to go ahead with this? Ultimately, if one of these celebs are interested in Anna's story and want to do something with it, it is you and your family's lives that will be on display. Please let me know.

This is really exciting stuff, it's an avenue that hasn't been explored before.

Since I came to Anna's thread I have always thought that if Anna was taken out of the US, that Italy would be the most likely place the G's would take her, as it is the only country that they refer to in the squibb notes. I have always thought Greece would be unlikely because of GW's close association there and the fact that Annasmom's ex husband still lived there.

Every Italian I have ever know, and that's quite a few, are extremely family orientated and I'm sure a missing child would tug at their heart strings. I have a really good feeling about this.

I have a bit of a busy weekend coming up but I am hoping to get some time to look into addresses for the celebs agents to send SFA to. I also want to include Nicole Kidman to the list of celebs that I want to send SFA to.

As soon as I get the addresses I will order the 5 copies of SFA. I'm guessing that most, probably all, of their agents will be in CA. Is there someone on here in CA that would be willing to take delivery of this shipment and post them out for me?

Annasmom, is it OK with you to go ahead with this? Ultimately, if one of these celebs are interested in Anna's story and want to do something with it, it is you and your family's lives that will be on display. Please let me know.
OzzieMum, this is fine with me, and I'll be glad to post the books if you can give me the addresses. Let me know, and I'll PM my mailing address to you. Thanks so much.

ProudGramma reports that some sixty of Anna's pathtags have been logged on to the geocaching website, so this puts the word out in a very unusual and imaginative way. Thank you, P.

It had been awhile since I checked this, but I did a google search for the exact phrase "Anna Christian Waters" - 347,000 hits!!!! When we first started searching for Anna using the internet, there was probably only a dozen or so hits. Thanks to everyone who has helped spread the word - it is working!

I just had a telephone call from Rome and they are considering using Anna's story on the Italian television show we submitted the e-mail to! They would like to communicate directly with Raf, so I'll send the reporter's e-mail address to her. They also want a picture of the Squibb reference to the Italian consulate. They had already looked up the name of whoever was consul at that time, but said he had died so that they couldn't question him.

Awesome! How do we say, Italian sleuths!?!

This is awesome! Especially with the mystery of why George Waters wrote the letter to the Italian consulate!

I so hope our Italian friends can look deeper into this mystery!

ciao!

I have sent the program newly scanned photos of Anna, the "Plan", and the two pages from the Squibb notebook which mention the Italian consulate. Now I'm hoping Raf will contact the reporter (I pmed her the phone number and e-mail address), since the connection with Italy is slender and I think they want a local contact to make the story more interesting to Italian viewers.

Hi Annasmom, I will contact it.
I also need of a copy of GW letter to italian Consulate also; if you Annasmom can send it by email to:
suanj_it @ yahoo.it ( NO Spaces)
I have a big folder of Anna case, but I no found this GW letter for italian consulate...
hugs,
raf

Hi Annasmom, I will contact it.
I also need of a copy of GW letter to italian Consulate also; if you Annasmom can send it by email to:
suanj_it @ yahoo.it ( NO Spaces)
I have a big folder of Anna case, but I no found this GW letter for italian consulate...
hugs,
raf
I don't know of a letter to the Italian consulate. If I have forgotten this, I hope somebody will remind me, but the only reference I have to the consulate is that note in the Squibb notebook.

Awesome! How do we say, Italian sleuths!?!

This is awesome! Especially with the mystery of why George Waters wrote the letter to the Italian consulate!
I so hope our Italian friends can look deeper into this mystery!

ciao!

me too, I remember not abt this letter... Cubby you can expalin better?
raf

Annasmom,
talking the italian program, Alessandro wait my email with all data abt Anna case; more specifically; so I will prepare it; the italian program is interested; he asked if I think that anna can be in Italy; I replied that it could be possible.... in some way...
all the best,
raf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members