Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Annasmom, I have that, but I am interested, for italian program ( they need of to know by documents why we are searching in Italy) and the travel mentioned here:

Twa - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

and:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50434&page=15
so if I understand well, a ticket was purchased from GW in jan 1973... for a cost of 500$... I need of to know more abt that ... if possible..
thanks,
raf

Raf, there is no concrete proof that a plane ticket was purchased. We do know that he purchased something on his TWA credit card probably in Jan of 1973 because the payments started in Feb 1973. Actually I believe the purchase price was over $500 because there are missing check registers around 1975 and he was still paying on the credit card in 1976.

Hi,

A thought occured to me that Waters may not have contacted THE Italian Consulate in Italy but rather the Italian Consulate in San Francisco. http://www.conssanfrancisco.esteri.it/Consolato_SanFrancisco

I am trying to find who was the person in charge in 1970. Doesn't each major city have their own Consulate?

Just thinking ~

SK
I don't think there would be an Italian consulate in Italy. Aren't consulates the country's branches of its state department abroad? But, yes, he would have gone to the Italian Consulate in San Francisco, and the reporter from the Italian television station had already looked up the name of the consul general from that date and found that he was deceased (I didn't write down the name). Bern's letter from the consulate indicated that the consulate would not have records from 30 years ago and even if they did, they would not release them because of privacy issues.

I don't think there would be an Italian consulate in Italy. Aren't consulates the country's branches of its state department abroad? But, yes, he would have gone to the Italian Consulate in San Francisco, and the reporter from the Italian television station had already looked up the name of the consul general from that date and found that he was deceased (I didn't write down the name). Bern's letter from the consulate indicated that the consulate would not have records from 30 years ago and even if they did, they would not release them because of privacy issues.

Thank you. For some reason I was thinking he called Italy :banghead: but in the back of my head I knew about the branches. Any news on the television station?

Any news on the Italian program???

I just had an e-mail from the reporter on "Rai Tre Chi l'ha visto?" that the producers have decided to send him to California to shoot the story of Anna for Italian television. I'll post more as I learn more, but this is the most exciting news we have had in a very long time. I especially want to thank Raf for preparing the story in Italian to send to the program and also, omigosh, was it you, Pink Panther, who translated it? I am all agog here. I'll have to look back in the forum to see who worked on this. YAY!!!

I just had an e-mail from the reporter on "Rai Tre Chi l'ha visto?" that the producers have decided to send him to California to shoot the story of Anna for Italian television. I'll post more as I learn more, but this is the most exciting news we have had in a very long time. I especially want to thank Raf for preparing the story in Italian to send to the program and also, omigosh, was it you, Pink Panther, who translated it? I am all agog here. I'll have to look back in the forum to see who worked on this. YAY!!!

That is FANTASTIC news!!!!!:dance:

Incredible! I'm so happy Annasmom, geesh, all the way from Italy!

Cheers tonight!

Oh Annasmom, that is FANTASTIC news. Congrats to Pink Panther and Raf for doing such a great job.

I hope they subtitle it in English so hopefully we can watch it on the internet.

:woohoo: :woohoo:

I am so happy to hear this, I can't tell you! Hats off to Raf and Pink for all the hard work getting this to them.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ......... that great new!
it was my hope, that was my goal!
Because if Anna is in Italy, by television she can see you and maybe remembering!

The reporter asked if I was available for a interiew, but I think no helpful... (also if I am available for to explain in italian)...
because dear Annasmom the your voice, your face, the pictures, it can be more helpful.... maybe somethings begin!
I know that the italian television need of time for to understand very well the Anna case, it is no easy to absorb it... but finally they decided of to help, considering Anna case interesting...
in effects the reporter give me a good hope abt that, but ONLY now my happiness is great!
raf

Ohhhhhhhhhhh ......... that great new!
it was my hope, that was my goal!
Because if Anna is in Italy, by television she can see you and maybe remembering!

The reporter asked if I was available for a interiew, but I think no helpful... (also if I am available for to explain in italian)...
because dear Annasmom the your voice, your face, the pictures, it can be more helpful.... maybe somethings begin!
I know that the italian television need of time for to understand very well the Anna case, it is no easy to absorb it... but finally they decided of to help, considering Anna case interesting...
in effects the reporter give me a good hope abt that, but ONLY now my happiness is great!
raf
Raf, I am so grateful for your help in all this. I think it would be very helpful if you allowed the television station to interview you because you have all the facts at hand and you can personalize Anna's story on a local level. It might be difficult for Italian viewers to relate to a story whose beginnings took place so far away. The very fact that you are interested and are helping in the search gives credence to why Italy might be a reasonable place to search.

I am only beginning to think what might be good to film here. I think the reporter might want to go to the farm, to see the road from which someone could watch the farm without being seen, maybe to Anna's school. I welcome any other suggestions, since the reporter (Alessandro) made a point of asking what I thought would be helpful. I think perhaps I have an old photograph of GW in Rome from college days. I'll look for it. Any other ideas?

Raf, I am so grateful for your help in all this. I think it would be very helpful if you allowed the television station to interview you because you have all the facts at hand and you can personalize Anna's story on a local level. It might be difficult for Italian viewers to relate to a story whose beginnings took place so far away. The very fact that you are interested and are helping in the search gives credence to why Italy might be a reasonable place to search.

I am only beginning to think what might be good to film here. I think the reporter might want to go to the farm, to see the road from which someone could watch the farm without being seen, maybe to Anna's school. I welcome any other suggestions, since the reporter (Alessandro) made a point of asking what I thought would be helpful. I think perhaps I have an old photograph of GW in Rome from college days. I'll look for it. Any other ideas?

Hi Annasmom,
I am a fan ( almost from 20 years) of italian program, and I know that they will speak with you in english and after in the tv program, it will be also italian txt...
You can show the pictures of house in Half Moon bay, your pictures as a well of Anna's brothers and of Anna's stepfather, the Anna works at kindergarten, draws, etc... at time (+ or -) of Anna abudction...
all that can evoke the memories...
It is essential...
Normally the italian program make the first episode, with you in USA, and after continue from here in Italy... what I know is that normally it is the TV presenter that explain the case.... and in same time present the relatives of abudcted child, the abduction environment... by movie...
they are very careful abt all and especially the privacy law, and before of anything they ask the opinion of lawyers, just for privacy law...

I explained the abduction story and if it will be very necessary I can make the interview... but I no love to appearing in tv because I love my privacy and the privacy of my family, so I hope that it will be no necessary...

however what the italian program will decide it will be ok...
raf

do you think you can contact the 48 Hours producers, and see if any of the old film footage could be available to them? They may get some interest up now and piggyback on this. Just a thought....

do you think you can contact the 48 Hours producers, and see if any of the old film footage could be available to them? They may get some interest up now and piggyback on this. Just a thought....
It's a good idea, Bern, but I wouldn't want to invite anything like competitive programming (stirring up CBS), and also I need to take this one small step at a time. The 48 hours ordeal was second only to losing Anna in the stress it generated. I am going to need some of those positive vibes of yours to get through this with any grace and dignity.

It's a good idea, Bern, but I wouldn't want to invite anything like competitive programming (stirring up CBS), and also I need to take this one small step at a time. The 48 hours ordeal was second only to losing Anna in the stress it generated. I am going to need some of those positive vibes of yours to get through this with any grace and dignity.

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and Anna, since I learned of this case. I will send you as much energy and good vibes as You need. You are the definition of Grace and Dignity in my book. Let me know how I can be of help to you and I will be there! You are right, one step at a time! :angel:

Excellent news! Ditto to the previous posts! If Anna is in Italy hopefully the show will lead to finding her!

I totally agree with everyone, allow the Italian television company do their thing, their way, we can suggest yes, and that is what they asked Annasmom, so if we can make some suggestions and perhaps list them accordingly, they can be analyzed to be in the documentary of Anna....

Suggestions~
The Farm - various views of the farm and land
The Creek - possible entry point they thought the boot was located...
The Road - north? south views?
The School
Bit about Half Moon Bay describing the town...
The day this happened, the weather, the current vibe of the day at the farm house...
Dunno, anything else besides the story itself which could include quite alot of detail.
Photos of GW and GB and Anna of course, and Annasmom for sure.
Names of the pets, Saturn the dog and Petuli the cat
Things Anna will recall if watching!!
School Bus

.... SK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors