Media Exposure - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pink the second txt is long and have many notes of explanation, because the reporter want a detailed resume.. so or we must wait or let me think as to make...
raf

Pink the second txt is long and have many notes of explanation, because the reporter want a detailed resume.. so or we must wait or let me think as to make...
raf
OK raf. I've set up a new email account and I've sent you the address in your PM! You can send me the drafts there.

Ok Pink I sent the txt to your email address...
raf

I received the document and text but can't seem to email you back. I'll have to sort through how it works but the "send" button doesn't work and I get a message that I can't send the email due to an "error". In the meantime, what are you trying to do??? Do you want to try to translate the entire document???

I received the document and text but can't seem to email you back. I'll have to sort through how it works but the "send" button doesn't work and I get a message that I can't send the email due to an "error". In the meantime, what are you trying to do??? Do you want to try to translate the entire document???
Pink, why don't you just e-mail it to me (I'm sending you a PM) and let me Babelfish it? All I need is a rough idea of what the television people already have, and you don't need to spend a lot of time translating it. Thanks.

Has Anna's book been sent to the Producer? I am happy to send my book to Italy if need be so they have the book to go on for Development.

Has Anna's book been sent to the Producer? I am happy to send my book to Italy if need be so they have the book to go on for Development.
Thank you, SK; if necessary, I'll give the reporter my copy.

I believe that is no necessary a book copy, because the reporter was interested, essentially :
-why we are searching Anna in Italy, and so my second txt, after the timeline of events, explaining abt Italy's hypothesis..
-and of the support documents abt this hypothesis ....

really no much, only the Squibb notes abt:
-Italian Consulate and D. v. consul.
-the new passport of GW ( 1972)
-GB and GW no in hotel from 17( or so) jan 1973 to 31 jan 1973
-the picture of Anna with name on the back as used for passport( it found in the box)
-the trips by TWA payed by credit card (I left in stand-by the trip of 500$ because I must understand better abt that)
-GW no searching the daughterand no ask infos abt the abduction
-the letter sent from JF- in hotel- to GW, the letter was found break and no open ...
-the strangeness abt a italian man with a very similar name as GB, born the 10 aug ( month and abt day as our guy) 1900, blue eyes, small size, and that result died in 1918 Merced, CA and instead is living in 1920 census.. immigrated in 1914 in SF, when he was teen ager.....(I am blocked on this man, because I cannot find more infos)
- the strangeness that our GB picketing for the syndacate, in 1941, and receiving a punch just from a Italian barber...
etc....

raf

PS:
In adding ( but I no said it that to italian reporter) another my thought:
seeming to me that all documents found in the box... seeming to me as GW wish to say something to Annasmom, it is as if GW wishing to left some helpful trace...
It was no necessary to preserve the Squibb, the pictures, the lab slip etc...
so why no destroyed it?
Sure in the time from 1973 to first days of 1983, GW had many other documents, documents that anyone have ... instead he preserved in the box only this things...

seeming to me that GW wishing to say something. by that.. my thought is that, abt Anna, the truth is in the documents found in the box...
and I read and re-read many times...
but the only strange info that I found, it is really: contact the Italian Consulate
It is a puzzle, but sure it make sense...
yes, my opinion is that GW wishing to left a enigmatic message by the documents in the box...
but maybe I am wrong..

I believe that is no necessary a book copy, because the reporter was interested, essentially :
-why we are searching Anna in Italy, and so my second txt, after the timeline of events, explaining abt Italy's hypothesis..
-and of the support documents abt this hypothesis ....

* Advantages to having the book for reference; I work in film and production and our Development dept uses books if there is one, they use to build the story, there are other areas in the book which would help the story telling for the documentary. For this reason I thought the book would be helpful, again to build the story of Anna and go into the disappearance, squibbs, anything we found odd, unusual or evidence type.

Any idea when the Producer is coming to HMB?

I know that a book is very helpful for references, especially for a movie... but, because the abduction was in foreign country and not in Italy, the reporter is interested just in the part where the Italy entering in the story and why and as....... and the possible link abt that... otherwise a italian program cannot be helpful ...sure the book is more helpful for US tv program abt Anna case...

I know that a book is very helpful for references, especially for a movie... but, because the abduction was in foreign country and not in Italy, the reporter is interested just in the part where the Italy entering in the story and why and as....... and the possible link abt that... otherwise a italian program cannot be helpful ...sure the book is more helpful for US tv program abt Anna case...

No problem Raf, I'm trying to wrap my head around the story of anna, where they are planning on starting the documentary, maybe it's more of an intro then they'll focus on the Italy part soon into the story. Anyway, this is very exciting to say the least!

Thanks Raf,

SK

I now have in hand Raf's first letter to Chi l'ha visto, which went to the producers under my name after Pink Panther sent me her translation, and also a staggeringly complete document which Raf then sent to the producers: I can only guess at the hours and hours Raf spent on this letter, which most certainly convinced the TV people to produce the story. Pink set up an e-mail account especially for transferring this huge document. I have told her that it does not need to be translated, since it will be used just for reference for the Italian reporters. I did use Yahoo's Babelfish to translate Raf's document for myself and was able to get the gist of the story, along with some very funny Babelfish passages such as: "George Brody seems to have unsuspected vitality of evening; troublesome the maids and confirmation for its fascination addresses to George Waters asking." At this point, a little humor is welcome!

I'm so glad you were able to find a little humor in the translation Annasmom. We all need a little humor from time to time. I can't wait to hear more news about the Italian TV show. Is it a definate that the show will be aired yet? or is that still too preliminary?

thanks!

When, when, when will they air this program??? Do you have any idea???

raf -

I've spent a couple of evenings now translating the information that you provided the Italian television program and I can't help but post here how impressed I am! I have been reading and posting here for quite some time and I could never have put together such a succint summary as you have done!

When, when, when will they air this program??? Do you have any idea???

There's no definite date yet as far as I know, and even after they film the interviews, there will be a lag for editing and all (IF they decide to use it.) But we've come a long way, so we'll keep hoping for the best. The show runs every Monday in Italy and you can see the videos on line if you want to get a general idea of what it's like.

I believe that the Anna case will be on the air in September, because normally for a summer period ( July and August or only August, now I remember not very well) the program is off...
raf

Dear Annasmom
I receveid a email from italian reporter; he is in San Francisco today for Anna's case movie...
raf

Dear Annasmom
I receveid a email from italian reporter; he is in San Francisco today for Anna's case movie...
raf
I so wish all of you could be birds on a branch to see what a sensitive, charming, skilled and interested documentary filmmaker has been working on Anna's story all week. He has filmed everything you suggested and was able to get interviews with Anna's kindergarten teacher, with Lt. Gilletti, with AnnasBro and me. TC's property manager out at the farm wouldn't allow pictures (boo), but the filmmaker was able to get pictures of the road and the redwoods and will use still photos to fill in the rest of the idea.

Once again I have to thank you all for everything which has led up to this. Your interest, your research, your support have had everything to do with RAI TRE's interest in Anna's story. I can hardly wait to see the result.

Dear Annasmom,
it is wonderful!
Me too, I can hardly wait to see the result!
raf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member