Terri very upset in the weeks before Kyron's disappearance

Oh my. That theory is a headscratcher. So...in that theory...I'm not understanding...where's Kyron, why the massive search and why no ransom note? :waitasec: <------- that's me scratching my head.

Emma, read the other comments by cpsinvestigator after that one.They added more insight for me.

I'm still not sure MC isn't involved. I think it could have been him in the truck if not DS. Just a feeling I have...my opinion only.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

"A question from one of our viewers: Why was [Terri's son] sent to Roseburg?"

At 21:39.

IMO, Kaine was being deceptive and side-stepping the real question, at the very least, by referring to sending the boy back after Kyron went missing when it's clear the question was why was he sent there in the first place (hence the reporter's followup about 'butting heads'... something that came from the boy's father regarding why he was sent away in MARCH).

Too bad the reporter didn't call him on this.

Yes, IMO, the real confusion here is that Kaine did not answer the question that was asked of him. I remember him definitely pulling the wool over everyone on that question and answering a different question that was actually not asked.

He answered why Terri's son was sent back after arriving for his weekend visit the weekend Kyron went missing. He never answered why the child was sent to live with grandparents, then bio-dad.

He did talk about head-butts with the boy, his efforts to provide direction & discipline & to mediate between son & mother, Terri and her son being at odds, and Desiree nodded in agreement regarding Kaine's parenting style being different than Terri's.

But he never ever ever said why the boy went to live elsewhere - although THAT was the question he was asked and pretended to answer.

From Kaine's non-answer, I took it to be a very sensitive issue that they would not be answering, and I took this son's leaving his custodial mother's home as very possibly relevant to the Kyron disappearance.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

IMO, Kaine was being deceptive and side-stepping the real question, at the very least, by referring to sending the boy back after Kyron went missing when it's clear the question was why was he sent there in the first place (hence the reporter's followup about 'butting heads'... something that came from the boy's father regarding why he was sent away in MARCH).

Calliope, that wasn't my impression after I watched it. I thought Kaine was talking about the visit and the reporter was talking about the move. I had the impression Kaine thought he answered the question then threw that in about the visit after Kyron's disappearance. I thought that's what the reporter thought too.

LOL this reminds me of that commercial where all those blindfolded people are touching the elephant and they all say it's something different.
:angel:

I venture to suggest that if Terri did get rid of Kyorn as a hatred filled vendeta toward Kaine, my bet is that she spared no expense on the twisted sickness of it. moo

And as for Kaine, he did answser that question about Terri's son with vagueness and confusion. I have always thought that if Terri did do this crime, the motive was anger over the way her son was treated. moo mho

Calliope, that wasn't my impression after I watched it. I thought Kaine was talking about the visit and the reporter was talking about the move. I had the impression Kaine thought he answered the question then threw that in about the visit after Kyron's disappearance. I thought that's what the reporter thought too.

LOL this reminds me of that commercial where all those blindfolded people are touching the elephant and they all say it's something different.
:angel:

ITA. This man has gone through the horror of losing a child and now he's a liar because he didn't exactly answer a question completely and correctly? I'd be lucky to be able to answer questions in the first place if my stepdaughter went missing. Geez, he can't get a break.

Now it could be a sensitive family issue, but I doubt he thought about lying at that moment. Maybe he misheard the question and thought he was answering it. The only person who has been deceitful in this whole case is Terri, not Kaine.

???

Now I AM confused. I thought he said the boy spent summers with his father?

And dad said in HIS interview that he was there to visit for the week... even though his school (if he attended public) didn't end until the following week. So why would he have come for a weeklong visit at that time, when dad says one of the reasons Terri sent him away was because he was having trouble in school?

This whole thing makes no sense whatsoever no matter who is telling the tale.

ITA. Why was he missing a week of school, especially one where finals are probably given?

Yes, IMO, the real confusion here is that Kaine did not answer the question that was asked of him. I remember him definitely pulling the wool over everyone on that question and answering a different question that was actually not asked.

He answered why Terri's son was sent back after arriving for his weekend visit the weekend Kyron went missing. He never answered why the child was sent to live with grandparents, then bio-dad.

He did talk about head-butts with the boy, his efforts to provide direction & discipline & to mediate between son & mother, Terri and her son being at odds, and Desiree nodded in agreement regarding Kaine's parenting style being different than Terri's.

But he never ever ever said why the boy went to live elsewhere - although THAT was the question he was asked and pretended to answer.

From Kaine's non-answer, I took it to be a very sensitive issue that they would not be answering, and I took this son's leaving his custodial mother's home as very possibly relevant to the Kyron disappearance.

In hindsight, I wonder if LE didn't already have this information about Terri's ranting to her friends about J's leaving and LE asked KH not to talk about it.

Mel

ETA: does anyone know if TH home-schooled J?

I don&#8217;t think so, given that we&#8217;ve heard his grades were slipping. Besides which. Let me tell you. I homeschool my children, so I pay attention, and if there is any nasty news worth reporting about a family, and the media determines that they can mention and link negative unpleasant stories to homeschooling, they will not leave it out, given the opportunity. So if he was homeschooled, it would probably follow his name in every article. I know homeschooling has not become mainstream yet, but you don&#8217;t hear about school in the news articles about all the awfulness that goes on in the world, the journalists don&#8217;t go out of their way to say, &#8220;John Doe, serial killer, attended school K through 12." But boy they are PDQ to tell you when a criminal has been homeschooling or is homeschooled. (The Balloon boy case comes to mind) If J was homeschooled, we&#8217;d know it.

I wouldn&#8217;t put too much stock into the exact time frame these gym friends/acquaintances say Terri was complaining. I chat with people at my gym. I see the same people week after week because they take the same classes I take. In most cases, I do not even introduce myself or know their names. If I was asked to recall when the grey haired lady&#8217;s grand baby was born, or when the woman with the flowered jogging jacket&#8217;s daughter was due home from college, I doubt very much I could tell you precisely when those conversations happened. I could tell you, with certainty, &#8220;Oh yes, she complained about her remodling project. She said it was taking a lot longer than the contracter promised.&#8221; but I&#8217;d have to say, vaguely, &#8220;It was before the weather warmed up because Aquafitness was still being held in the indoor pool.&#8221; But, I would NOT be able to pin it down. I don&#8217;t think there&#8217;s any point in getting too hung up on the time frame the gym friends estimated. It&#8217;s probably just a guess, and very likely wrong.

Another, different possibility is that Terri was in fact complaining to these acquaintences at the time they say she was. If that is the case, then she was deliberately manipulating them because it was part of laying the ground work for her plan to get away with disappearing Kyron. Not sure how this lie fits in, but, it&#8217;s no different than the other lie I am convinced she told regarding the doctor appointment on June 4th or June 11th. I believe she was intentionally vague, intentionally misleading, or possibly just downright dishonest about when that appointment was. She said things about the doctor appointment in order to keep the teacher from being worried when Kyron didn&#8217;t report back to class. She didn&#8217;t want his absence to send up any red flags.

Well I'll be a Monkey's Uncle. If my son was doing bad in school, would I send him away, confusing him even more. NO! If J is being shuffled around from step-dad, to dad, to grandparents, it's no wonder. I feel extremely sorry for J, and this whole case is only going to make it worse. I hope someone takes the time to sit down with him, help him with his homework, get the proper tutoring -- you know...things parents are supposed to do :(

MOO

Mel

Oh, and just to make J&#8217;s life even more unstable inconsistent and unpredictable, let&#8217;s not forget that &#8220;Dad&#8221; isn&#8217;t even a bio-dad, but an adopted dad. I&#8217;m not sure we&#8217;ve ever heard who J&#8217;s bio-dad is. Tarver adopted him while he & Terri were married, and then when they split up, she had the gall to go after him for child support. That particular move has always rankled my fur.

Just wanted to clear up. I haven&#8217;t seen the commercial, but it is based on an ANCIENT Hindu fable. The story has been around for a long long time. I just want to give credit where credit is due. not trying to be snarky.

So I guess that would be a motive then...."you got rid of my son, I'll get rid of yours"
In the mind of someone twisted for sure.
MOO!

I havent read thru all the posts on this thread but this is exactly what alot of us have been thinking since the beginning of this case, when we heard the son was not living with them and the ex said it was because he was "bumping heads with Kaine"................

I think it was more like.......you are having an affair, I cant be a mother to your son, but you STILL EXPECT ME to be a mother to YOUR son!!!......

I truly beleive she was hating Kaine and her answer to the above was "I dont think so, sunshine"...........

My theory is this crime has been done out of hatred, revenge, spite towards Kaine and using Kyron.......

I also think money was to be involved and it was a kidnapping attempt but the public and LE heat was on her straight away, so it was aborted.....

wow......you get revenge as Kaine would feel what it was like to have his son taken away....

HIS money stashed in an account or cash.....

and then divorce him....

far fetched I know, but so is hiring someone to kill your hubby

also re above I thought tarver was the bio dad.......and the 2nd hubby who was with her for about 5 years adopted him......he is the one now paying the child support....after of course she complained to the courts......

If this motive is true that Terri got rid of Kyron because Kaine got rid of J, then HOW IN THE HELL did anyone think taking baby K away would help this case? It is starting to appear to me to be a game of chess and these babies are the freakin pawns. I have been reading here everyday but stopped posting because I was getting upset but this just really TICKS ME OFF!

I don’t think so, given that we’ve heard his grades were slipping. Besides which. Let me tell you. I homeschool my children, so I pay attention, and if there is any nasty news worth reporting about a family, and the media determines that they can mention and link negative unpleasant stories to homeschooling, they will not leave it out, given the opportunity. So if he was homeschooled, it would probably follow his name in every article. I know homeschooling has not become mainstream yet, but you don’t hear about school in the news articles about all the awfulness that goes on in the world, the journalists don’t go out of their way to say, “John Doe, serial killer, attended school K through 12." But boy they are PDQ to tell you when a criminal has been homeschooling or is homeschooled. (The Balloon boy case comes to mind) If J was homeschooled, we’d know it.

I wouldn’t put too much stock into the exact time frame these gym friends/acquaintances say Terri was complaining. I chat with people at my gym. I see the same people week after week because they take the same classes I take. In most cases, I do not even introduce myself or know their names. If I was asked to recall when the grey haired lady’s grand baby was born, or when the woman with the flowered jogging jacket’s daughter was due home from college, I doubt very much I could tell you precisely when those conversations happened. I could tell you, with certainty, “Oh yes, she complained about her remodling project. She said it was taking a lot longer than the contracter promised.” but I’d have to say, vaguely, “It was before the weather warmed up because Aquafitness was still being held in the indoor pool.” But, I would NOT be able to pin it down. I don’t think there’s any point in getting too hung up on the time frame the gym friends estimated. It’s probably just a guess, and very likely wrong.

Another, different possibility is that Terri was in fact complaining to these acquaintences at the time they say she was. If that is the case, then she was deliberately manipulating them because it was part of laying the ground work for her plan to get away with disappearing Kyron. Not sure how this lie fits in, but, it’s no different than the other lie I am convinced she told regarding the doctor appointment on June 4th or June 11th. I believe she was intentionally vague, intentionally misleading, or possibly just downright dishonest about when that appointment was. She said things about the doctor appointment in order to keep the teacher from being worried when Kyron didn’t report back to class. She didn’t want his absence to send up any red flags.

Oh, and just to make J’s life even more unstable inconsistent and unpredictable, let’s not forget that “Dad” isn’t even a bio-dad, but an adopted dad. I’m not sure we’ve ever heard who J’s bio-dad is. Tarver adopted him while he & Terri were married, and then when they split up, she had the gall to go after him for child support. That particular move has always rankled my fur.

Just wanted to clear up. I haven’t seen the commercial, but it is based on an ANCIENT Hindu fable. The story has been around for a long long time. I just want to give credit where credit is due. not trying to be snarky.

J was adopted by TH's second husband, I think his name is Ecker. He is the one that pays child support. His bio dad is Tarver. So, one real dad, one adopted dad and one step dad. That poor guy. And to be shuffled around like an unwanted pet. My heart goes out to him.

Maybe it wasn't relevant since everyone knew where Terri's son was sent but people still don't know where Kyron is! After all, it isn't as if Kaine made Terri's son disappear - it's the other way around.

Kaine is not in question here as far as I can tell. He's a victim too.

I agree.

Maybe it wasn't relevant since everyone knew where Terri's son was sent but people still don't know where Kyron is! After all, it isn't as if Kaine made Terri's son disappear - it's the other way around.

Kaine is not in question here as far as I can tell. He's a victim too.

I've never said otherwise.

Except, Kaine claims he was sent away after kyron went missing.

I'll be honest here. I don't know who the hell to believe anymore. But I'll say this... the boy's father has the least reason to lie about this out of any of 'em. He also would have heard directly from his son what was going on. So I'm sticking with his version of events.

I didn't check it again but I remember thinking at the time that interview came out that possibly Kaine and the interviewer were talking at cross purposes. It was my impression that Kaine was referring to the boy leaving the Horman home after Kyron went missing because there was chaos in the household which we also heard about from the biodad and the interviewer was talking about him moving to Roseburg originally, a month or several ago.

I think some of the confusion about the time the son moved might be because apparently there are at least three moves involved, when he moved from Terri and Kaine to the Moulton's and when he came back to visit the Hormans and when he moved from the Moultons to his biodad. If they used to have him regularly visit his biodad in the summer that might simply be the reason why he moved away from the grandparents. Maybe make it an extended visit?

I'm not clear about when he moved from the grandparents to the biodad, whether it was before or after he came to visit Terri on June 5th. Alternatively I thought if he lived with the Moultons when Kyron went missing he might have come back to the Hormans school or no school because the Moultons came and they thought he couldn't live alone but did Terri's parents both come at that time? They lived with her later when Kaine moved out. Anyway, if there is a lot of chaos in the household and there is a biodad with whom he's going to stay with later anyway he might have gone there a bit early for the sake of convenience. The biodad had less to worry about and more time for a teen (I'm presuming).

The most sinister reason for the move from the grandparents to the biodad would be if they all suspected Terri of something and figured out that she'd end up living with her parents when kicked out of her marital home and thought that it might not be safe to have any of her children at the same residence.

As far as Kyron's disappearance goes, I can't see how this is a motive to make Kyron disappear. It might have been the topping on the cake if there are other grievances and causes of anger but if there were problems with Terri and Kaine about how to deal with their kids Terri could have just decided that if Kaine won't get along with her son Kaine can go. She wasn't chained and locked in that marriage and if Kaine somehow made her choose between himself and her son she could have chosen her son.

hi all.....they have just announced a press conference to give the public more details....it is scheduled for the 11am on wed 11th.....I am not sure of the time difference and if we are behind or in ahead of you.......so should be interesting....

http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/B...TO-HOLD-NEWS-CONFERENCE-ON-MISSING-OREGON-BOY

And of course I have a drs appt tomorrow morning, so I will miss it even if I tried to get the time zone thing right and found a link. I give up.

abbie

Terri may have been complaining to casual friends that problems between Kaine and J prompted the move when that was not the reason. I don't see her saying to people at the gym that her son wanted to go live with his grandparents because of HER relationship with him. She lied about so many things, why would she tell this people the truth? If Kaine was in favor of the move, maybe he thought it was best for all of them. J wouldn't have the conflicts with his mother. Kyron and Baby K would benefit from a happier home environment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
callumh804
Back