GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
...(snipped)...
ETA: As far as him going to fix the mat at the door...it looks to me that he's so fidgety that he HAS to do something other than stand there while waiting for the other customer to leave. Him and BS both look extremely nervous.

That's what I was thinking as well - nervous energy.

New information in murder of Tina Smith
Jeffrey Easley was in a San Francisco court Tuesday afternoon and waived extradition. That means he will be back in Virginia within 48 hours. Right now, Easley faces charges of abduction and credit fraud. Authorities found him, with Smith, outside a San Francisco supermarket Friday. The two hadn't been seen since December 3rd in Salem.
Roanoke County police have searched a duplex in the Mount Pleasant section of Roanoke looking for items related to the killing of Tina Smith.
In the search warrant filed in Roanoke Circuit Court, investigators say that Jeff Easley sold his red Chevy SUV to Adam McElvy, of Roanoke, in the evening hours of December 3- the same night police believe Tina Smith was killed.
More...

Jeffrey Easley, suspected in Tina Smith's slaying, scheduled to return to Virginia from San Francisco
Jeffrey Easley, jailed in San Francisco on a charge of abducting 12-year-old Brittany Smith and named by police as a suspect in her mother's killing, agreed in court Tuesday to be returned to Virginia. He should be back in Roanoke County today or Thursday, authorities said.
More...

Easley waives extradition, will be back in Virginia in a few days
Jeffrey Easley waived extradition Tuesday morning and will be back in Virginia in a few days.
Easley appeared in a San Francisco courtroom Tuesday morning. The hearing lasted just a few minutes and was delayed because the judge was stuck in traffic, according to News-7's Justin McLeod. Easley appeared slimmer than many photos and was clean shaven. He gave only yes and no answers to questions from a judge. At one point, he chuckled with his public defender.
More... Video included...

It's also odd that the people who were accessing the sites by IPhone didn't bring it up...???

We were savvy to all of them except that one post???

I think the Iphone access was just to the myspace pages? Are Iphone users able to see the private FB pages?

But Britt was with JE when they arrived at the convenience store.

Just catching up ... went back to the video that you can hear store employees and someone else discussing the tape because it shows a longer portion of the exterior of the store just after all arrived. You can see JE and the guy in blue leave the pumps pass the truck on the right of screen I suppose to enter the store. BS is not with them but then she appears with them entering the store on the interior cam. If you continue to the end of the video you see JE back the SUV up (out of camera view) then pull around the pumps closer to the camera and drive to the left of the video.
I watched it a couple times and cannot see BS at all until they enter the store.

Do we have anything that shows that JE met Tina before he knew BS?
I feel from the MS timeline that it seems possible that he and BS were communicating and had a friendship before he linked up with her mom.

Yes, I wish we knew what time on the 4th he posted that. Was it the very early AM that LE thinks they could have left or was it later on in the day...whereever....I'm sure LE have traced it......unfortunately that's not proof he was the one with it in hand and sending it.

I thought it was Adam that posted that on his FB or MS ???

Do we have anything that shows that JE met Tina before he knew BS?
I feel from the MS timeline that it seems possible that he and BS were communicating and had a friendship before he linked up with her mom.

My feeling is that BS met JSE months (June) before TS and JSE met online (August). I think JSE had already heard the family history from BS and decided to "hook up" with TS as a means to get closer to BS and to freeload off of TS. IMO

If we go on the theory that AM may not have assisted or participated in the murder; why did he not mention to LE that he connected with JSE & BS at Apple Mart? What is he hiding?

I'm thinking AM had knowledge that TS was murdered by the time they met up if he didn’t in fact participate. We know the Amber Alert Update came out on Monday that the red SUV had been "recovered". I think the plan all along was that AM would come forward to say he bought it from JSE. I would think it's still legal for JSE to sell it prior to hitting the road and being charged and they both knew it. We also know that LE was focusing on states that JSE had ties to. It’s possible AM may have stated during the interview that JSE mentioned to him something about going to see family. We also know LE gave the impression that they had no idea which direction JSE may have gone but thought someone may be helping him. AM may have intentionally mislead police into thinking very little money was paid for the red SUV so that the LE did not know JSE had the financial means to get across the country.

The purple car being left behind does not really seem like such a big bombshell IMO. What significance does leaving it somewhere have in the case or AM’s guilt? Granted it’s odd but not significant. What is significant is why AM did not disclose to LE about meeting up with JSE at AM.

But why would they just leave the body of TS in the house knowing she would be found soon? You would htink they would have tried to dump her body some place (sorry it sounds harsh, but just thinking). I think maybe he/they did not mean to kill her but in a fit of rage at having to leave it turned to that. But you really never know how a pervert thinks when he has his mind set on a child.

BS will suffer from PTSD for years I am sure especially if she was sexually assaulted. I did and still do at times.

If we go on the theory that AM may not have assisted or participated in the murder; why did he not mention to LE that he connected with JSE & BS at Apple Mart? What is he hiding? ...(snipped)... What is significant is why AM did not disclose to LE about meeting up with JSE at AM.

You're right. But what I was thinking was if you've already been in trouble with the law before and have a record (and may still be involved in illegal activities), you would probably want to distance yourself from anyone else having run-ins with LE. (Ever been around someone who's afraid of LE? Paranoid as all get-out...). I wonder if they just decided to distance themselves b/c they didn't want to be brought into it or be investigated. Of course, that was before they knew about the video.

Snipped
"Investigators believe that some disturbing things may have happened during the kidnapping."

http://thenewsportalonline.com/brittany-smith-family-was-concerned-about-easley-attention/116655/

To put it in context, relate it to the sentence following that one (from the same link above):

"Investigators believe that some disturbing things may have happened during the kidnapping. Smith had already updated her Facebook and Myspace pages to change her last name to Easley."

:(

You're right. But what I was thinking was if you've already been in trouble with the law before and have a record (and may still be involved in illegal activities), you would probably want to distance yourself from anyone else having run-ins with LE. (Ever been around someone who's afraid of LE? Paranoid as all get-out...). I wonder if they just decided to distance themselves b/c they didn't want to be brought into it or be investigated. Of course, that was before they knew about the video.

IMO.... AM is not that bright. He got a heck of a deal on the SUV and was willing to try to cover for his buddy. Not very bright or he would have ensured he and his GF had the same stories to tell LE. That's why LE has suspicions. Again only my opinion

And why would AM (owner of the purple car, right?) leave the car in a parking lot in plain view once he got the SUV. I don't know where it was exactly but the video with the cops around it, checking it out, looked like it was just sitting in a empty parking lot. Did he plan to come back later on and pick up the purple car at a later date, I don't think he would just leave it for LE to find, which they of course did, sooo did he really know about the murder at all? Did JE owe him (AM) money? for drugs maybe? and the SUV was a payoff before leaving town and that's why JE was STILL broke and panhandling in SF? Has it been reported how much AM paid JE for the SUV?

I think they were on drugs so not much will make logical sense.
They were basically reacting. AM fb proves he is below the average IQ level.
Combine that with drug use his whole life=flawed logic and no common sense.

But why would they just leave the body of TS in the house knowing she would be found soon? You would htink they would have tried to dump her body some place (sorry it sounds harsh, but just thinking). I think maybe he/they did not mean to kill her but in a fit of rage at having to leave it turned to that. But you really never know how a pervert thinks when he has his mind set on a child.

BS will suffer from PTSD for years I am sure especially if she was sexually assaulted. I did and still do at times.

Me too pollywog

Help me. Where is your mind going when adding the 2nd sentence?

They seem to relate the "disturbing things" to Brittany having "already" changed her name to Easley on FB... Of course, I'm just speculating and trying to read between the lines. Willing to be wrong - and hope I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana0990