TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
She says it won't help find Hailey. She doesn't seem to realize that it will. It shows a history of their behavior. It shows that he is violent. She just does not get it, or she does get it and she is deflecting.

"Shawn had taken a debit card after we had gotten into an argument, she said. "We can say ugly things to each other."

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332976

She just won't stop...........................

They weren't saying it to EACHOTHER....they were saying it to the police. If she didn't believe he would hurt her or he was serious about the threats, (as she suggests in the article) why call the police?

Thank you! Now not only do we have to decipher text-ease, we now have regional dialects to consider. lmbo

Here is SoFla, every teen I've asked wouldn't have used that Y - it would have simply been WUD

my head hurts

East Coast here and that is how it's done where I'm from!

no debit cards mentioned in the 911 call... only a tv and an xbox..

color me confused...

also this statement has confused me as well after hearing the calls:

(((from your link Teh))))

please note that I am not judging here... but I AM confused now after hearing the 911 calls for myself!

She must have thought he was just 'fooling around'..He likes to do that ya know! :crazy:

eta..The quote from BD re: believing (or not!) that SA would hurt them is not showing up Nurse!

Well, maybe it's a Texas "thang"..........because I have it on my phone as we speak.:floorlaugh:

This stuff has to vary by region, right?

Orrrrr, an adult who didn't know wth they were doing sent the text.

She says it won't help find Hailey. She doesn't seem to realize that it will. It shows a history of their behavior. It shows that he is violent. She just does not get it, or she does get it and she is deflecting.

But she doesn't really remember BUT she isn't going to deny it. Well, that's a great idea b/c we hear your voice sister!

seriously! texting is about as informal as it gets. "wyd" "wrud" "wud" it doesn't matter... the point is there was a text sent @ 2:00pm. nothing more nothing less.

Does she not realize all this stuff will come into play if he did something to Hailey and will be used to get justice for her?If this ends up in court she just may get called as a defense witness the way she keeps blowing this stuff all off.

She must have thought he was just 'fooling around'..He likes to do that ya know! :crazy:

Yeah, you're right. He probably saw it in a *movie* and was just acting out the scene. I am sure he didn't mean it. ;)

seriously! texting is about as informal as it gets. "wyd" "wrud" "wud" it doesn't matter... the point is there was a text sent @ 2:00pm. nothing more nothing less.

But I think it does matter...if it is not normally the acronym that Hailey would use. I'm sure LE is comparing it to other texts that she made.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332976

I have a comment on this story. I don't think BD had anything to do with Haileys disappearance..I'll start there. However she is saying in this video how the 911 calls have nothing to do with her disappearance or finding her and I disagree. With all of these things coming out after the fact wouldn't it have just been easier to admit to everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. IMO it is hurting this whole thing by only giving bits and pieces. Things will come out...thats a given and by now you would think she would understand that. I am trying not to pass too much judgement on her because I certainly have not been the perfect mom but these actions of the 911 issue are huge red flags and with children in the home you have got to get that out of the house. It's not fair to them. I think that turmoil was a constant part of their relationship and I think the kids saw alot and that makes me sad. If my bf made a threat that he was going to kill me and my ex and it would be memorable I would freak the heck out and move on. Thats just not right to even make a joke about or say in a heated argument. All of that being said....man am I glad I'm married to a great man!

This is all my opinion only.

Interesting: I just asked my 20 year old about the WRUD. She said "she doesn't use that, she talks like a human being while texting. A 12 year old would do that. The little kids even talk like that to each other when they are actually speaking and their fb."
My 20 year old didn't even know what WRUD was.

Does she not realize all this stuff will come into play if he did something to Hailey and will be used to get justice for her?If this ends up in court she just may get called as a defense witness the way she keeps blowing this stuff all off.

I have thought about that very thing! If he goes to trial, is she gonna defend him? I mean all of these words might just come back to haunt her.

This WYD just doesn't fit "text speak". If she was saying what are you doing or what you doing, there just wouldn't be a Y (why) in there.

JMHO FWIW and that that other stuff

Different areas tend to have different trends in text talk IME. Here, very few of the kids use heavy text talk. I don't know if it's an age thing (they seemed to do it more when they were younger) or if it's a regional thing. For example : WYD wouldn't be likely to be used here AT ALL (but it does mean What You Doin?" (google confirmed for me ... lol)

Every once in awhile one pops up and is used here aside from the "common" ones. It seems here, the kids mostly use text talk for the basic ones (brb, gg, etc.) and curse words or insults. SMH came up recently in a case here and I asked my DD and she wasn't sure (it's shaking my head - I googled... LOL)

I am behind in the threads, but want to just jump in here and share my thoughts. In the beginning of this case BD made a statement looking into the camera as if she was talking to someone. She said that HD is her and Clint's daughter and that they want her back. That seemed strange to me and leads me to believe that she is afraid of someone or some people. Given that LE said there are other POI's, maybe BD does suspect SA and them of taking her daughter. What do others think about that statement she made.

After 30 years, I hope the LE and the public know much more about domestic abuse.
2 out of 3 women who are victims of violence are related to the attackers
39% of women who present to the ER are victims of abuse.
75% of the calls to LE for domestic abuse occur after the partners separate
50% of female homicides are related to domestic abuse and happen after separtion of the relationship.
Domestic abuse is not to be taken lightly by LE,ever. It is when women are more likely to be murdered.

Domestic Violence is obviously a very serious problem in the United States, in fact the world, so serious in fact, I don't think it needs to be exaggerated to show it's seriousness.

The factoid about ER visits is, from all the searching I have done, a often repeated myth. I have also seen that statistic, but only on domestic violence websites....it all seems to go back to a study from the bureau of justice statistics, but if you go to the actual study, you'll find the true statistic is actually 1.5% of ER visits are due to ALL inter-personal violence. Men make up 3/5 of those treated for inter-personal violence, but most of their injuries are made up of non-relatives. Yes, women who are part of the 2/5ths of the 1.5% of ER visits for inter-personal violence are more likely to be there for a domestic violence situation, but since only 17% (of the 1.5%) are from violence from a husband or wife, or boyfriend or girlfriend, I'm not sure where the 39% figure comes from.

Here's my link:
http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/VRITHED.PDF

Domestic Violence is very serious. My mother had her jaw broke by my father when I was 13 years old, and I was there. I've lived in a household rift with co-dependence and physical abuse. I don't think the statistics need to be exaggerated in the least. After class, I'll be happy to look at the other statistics in the quotes above.

I realize a lot of these statistics are coming from somewhere...a flyer or bookmark for domestic violence support, or shelter...but I haven't found any evidence that these statistics are supported by a goverment study.

Was the 2pm text on the day Hailey was supposed to go to MB's house or on the day she was supposed to return and came up missing? Is there a link to a timeline? TIA

I think regarding the text ((i agree with you and welcome btw!!!)) what would be most informative is knowing if Hailey used text slang...

good nancy grace question I think ((with a simple yes or no answer))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member