TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought about that very thing! If he goes to trial, is she gonna defend him? I mean all of these words might just come back to haunt her.

I was thinking about this last night. I don't know how in the world they could call her as a witness considering she doesn't keep many stories straight. Even the defense I would think would have a hard time calling her, because the prosecutors would rip her testimony apart. Like it was said earlier....she just wouldn't be credible. It's sad too though (IF she didn't have anything to do with it), because I am sure she would have a lot to add to the story about her times with him and could help in the trial, but not like this.

NG made up the WYD. According to BD it was WRUD.

JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION": You know something interesting, Billie Dunn said last night that there had been a call made on that Monday, December 27th, to Hailey`s little friend about 2:00 in the afternoon. Well, now we have confirmation that a call was made from Billie Dunn`s cell phone to this little girl. We still don`t know who made it, but it corroborates what Billie Dunn said last night.

GRACE: Well, wait a minute. Now, Jean, what about this mystery text they`re saying they`re investigating, a text that says -- it was in slang - - What are you doing? Like, "WYD," what are you doing. Do we believe that Hailey actually sent that to [MB] (ph), the little friend, or are police wondering could somebody else have sent that? And what time was that text?

CASAREZ: They have to be wondering that, 2:eek:`clock 00 in the afternoon. And what are you doing? If you`re going to go spend the night there, wouldn`t you say, I`ll see you soon? I`m almost there? And there was never a response from the little girlfriend.

GRACE: Now, how do we know for sure that that call you were talking about was made, Jean Casarez?

CASAREZ: We know because it was on the cell phone. There were search warrants executed on that cell phone. Law enforcement have that phone, and they found it.

GRACE: Also joining us tonight, Alexis Weed. Alexis, what more do you know?

ALEXIS WEED, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Billie Dunn is telling us that she saw herself that text, that she saw it before police seized her phone, which they still have. Her phone has not been returned. So she`s saying that she saw it with her own eyes, that "WRUD," what are you doing, to the friend.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

I think regarding the text ((i agree with you and welcome btw!!!)) what would be most informative is knowing if Hailey used text slang...

good nancy grace question I think ((with a simple yes or no answer))

I am pretty sure that I saw her use things like that on FB. So my guess would be yes. Has anyone checked there for any WRUD or WYD's?

I think the wording of the text only matters if it pinged from the home.

What I wish NG or a local reporter would ask BD in an on camera interview so we could see her reaction and comments is if SA or any of his acquaintances or family has threatened her in any way since Hailey went missing.... threatened to hurt her or her son, implicate her and/or take her under the bus with him if he goes down.

I think everyone here feels her reactions to the situation of her missing and possibly murdered daughter are out of the ordinary for the mother of a missing child. I just think there is so much she may know and is afraid to tell because of possible threats, fear of going to prison with him and possibly dying herself.

All IMO

I have a couple of questions that may have been answered many threads ago: does HD dad work -- would he have been at work the day she was supposed to have gone over there? Second question: if BD and CD were not divorced, would child support still have been ordered and enforced?

Besides cleaning drains or making meth another common use for sulfuric acid is in tanning animal hides.
Sulfuric acid weighs about 15 lbs a gallon. Water weighs 8 lbs a gallon. You can really tell the difference when you lift it up.

A 55 gallon drum of sulfuric acid would weight 825 lbs or so. Not an easy thing to move around.

:lol:
Was the 2pm text on the day Hailey was supposed to go to MB's house or on the day she was supposed to return and came up missing? Is there a link to a timeline? TIA

A timeline? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I was thinking about this last night. I don't know how in the world they could call her as a witness considering she doesn't keep many stories straight. Even the defense I would think would have a hard time calling her, because the prosecutors would rip her testimony apart. Like it was said earlier....she just wouldn't be credible. It's sad too though (IF she didn't have anything to do with it), because I am sure she would have a lot to add to the story about her times with him and could help in the trial, but not like this.

Sorry to quote myself (lol), but had one more thought I wanted to add. IF it would turn out that someone else had something to do with this, they better have some strong evidence, because if I were a defense attorney, I'd throw out all the BD/SA stuff and scream reasonable doubt from the top of my lungs. I'd put her on the stand and grill her about all of the inconsistencies, play those NG's and all the different statements, etc...So, that part makes it unfortunate too, because either way it goes, I don't think she can be of help in a trial to convict the person that may have done something to her daughter. It hurts the case in so many ways instead of helping it.

NG made up the WYD. According to BD it was WRUD.

JEAN CASAREZ, "IN SESSION": You know something interesting, Billie Dunn said last night that there had been a call made on that Monday, December 27th, to Hailey`s little friend about 2:00 in the afternoon. Well, now we have confirmation that a call was made from Billie Dunn`s cell phone to this little girl. We still don`t know who made it, but it corroborates what Billie Dunn said last night.

GRACE: Well, wait a minute. Now, Jean, what about this mystery text they`re saying they`re investigating, a text that says -- it was in slang - - What are you doing? Like, "WYD," what are you doing. Do we believe that Hailey actually sent that to [MB] (ph), the little friend, or are police wondering could somebody else have sent that? And what time was that text?

CASAREZ: They have to be wondering that, 2:eek:`clock 00 in the afternoon. And what are you doing? If you`re going to go spend the night there, wouldn`t you say, I`ll see you soon? I`m almost there? And there was never a response from the little girlfriend.

GRACE: Now, how do we know for sure that that call you were talking about was made, Jean Casarez?

CASAREZ: We know because it was on the cell phone. There were search warrants executed on that cell phone. Law enforcement have that phone, and they found it.

GRACE: Also joining us tonight, Alexis Weed. Alexis, what more do you know?

ALEXIS WEED, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Billie Dunn is telling us that she saw herself that text, that she saw it before police seized her phone, which they still have. Her phone has not been returned. So she`s saying that she saw it with her own eyes, that "WRUD," what are you doing, to the friend.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/18/ng.01.html

I saw that, too, but I'm not so sure who is correct here.... Again, I hate paraphrasing in reporting rather than direct quotes (are they quoting Kampfer or NG?), but here it is from the previous thread:

from LisaB:

"Law enforcement have now confirmed, via spokesperson, Pete Kampfer, that a text message was sent, from Hailey's cell phone, to a friend at 2:00p.m. on the date of her disappearance. The text message simply stated “WYD”, (What are you doing?). Kampfer stated that no information concerning the text would be released, rather would be “held close to the investigation”.

http://www.suite101.com/content/miss...essage-a334845

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332976
I wouldn't kill myself for sure. I have two children and I'm really their only caregiver. I'm the one who buys their food, their clothes. If they need me, I'm their mother."

Is this a little dig towards Clint? I hope not, because that man has kept his composure and his mouth shut about all the horrid things coming out about her personal life.

I would like to know why the text was never answered or responded to. Perhaps the other party had changed phones-- or wasn't permitted to text back -- or what?? Do we know for a fact that there was no answer? Or does this info only come from BD??

I just spent 2 hours catching up and I have to say, my stomach is a mess.

Those 911 calls might not specifically locate Hailey, but they do serve a big purpose. They shed light on the whole situation. While I think some things are irrelevant (ie; What BD eats for breakfast, or what style jeans she's wearing or not wearing) ... the background to any case is important in establishing HISTORY, MOTIVES, and POSSIBLE LOCATIONS but MORE SO (to me) it's important to us that are advocates for children (outside of WS). Without history we aren't able to establish patterns and without patterns we cannot recognize things in order to prevent things from happening in the future.

The 911 calls are so "typical" IMO / IME of domestic violence situations. Pretty much fits the "pattern" to a tee. And that tells me that there is a history of domestic violence in this house - this wasn't the first time these two went rounds.

I put VERY LITTLE weight in what is said during those calls, sadly. The situations surrounding them are usually extremely heated (and we all know things are said / done in heated situations that aren't complete truth). I do not know how many times I've heard a person report a claim of a death threat or suicide threat when in reality what was really said was "different".

Ie; "You are p***sing me off so bad I just want to slam my head into the wall"
Can easily turn into "He threatened to slam my head into a wall !!!"

Or "I give up. I do NOT WANT to live like this anymore !"
Can easily turn into "That psycho is threatening to kill herself again."

It's not to say that this WAS the case with SA / BD but it easily could have been. Another reason I think LE is often frustrated with domestic violence cases... once all parties calm down it's often "Welllll ... she didn't REALLY say she was going to kill herself, but she implied it !!! "

moey, are you talking about BeanE's timeline???? (((please someone tell me you have it bookmarked because I don't want to put my hip waders on and go into the last thread LOL)))

I wouldn't kill myself for sure. I have two children and I'm really their only caregiver. I'm the one who buys their food, their clothes. If they need me, I'm their mother."

Is this a little dig towards Clint? I hope not, because that man has kept his composure and his mouth shut about all the horrid things coming out about her personal life.

I whole heartedly agree!
Clint isn't perfect, however he LOVES his children he at one time even defended BD. She is just too BLAH for words.

This really kind of say it all.......it's the headline list off of Big Country, here's the list in the order given:

"Hailey's Mom to 911: Shawn's Threatening TO Kill Me"

"9-1-1 Calls Won't Help Find Hailey, Mom Says"

"Hailey's Tearful Father Meets With Organizers, Searchers"

moey, are you talking about BeanE's timeline???? (((please someone tell me you have it bookmarked because I don't want to put my hip waders on and go into the last thread LOL)))

Maybe? I don't know!

I am just :waitasec: about these phones. Did Billie keep a phone at the house or didn't she? If she did, and Hailey used this phone, then Hailey was at home, or wandering around with the phone. If Hailey was wandering around with the phone, then it likely would have gone missing with her. If Hailey was at home, then where are these sightings coming from, of her wandering around that day? Where was SA at this time, again? Where did he say he was? Does DD have a phone? How did BD get hold of DD to get hold of HD's friend to tell HD to come home?

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member