TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt it seem weird that BD offered to do interviews and no one is taking her up on it?

Doesnt it seem weird that BD offered to do interviews and no one is taking her up on it?
Funny you noted that at this time, because I was just thinking: BD reminds me of the wedding singer who announces at the end of the reception that he's also available for parties and bar mitzvahs and then goes home to sit and wait for the (silent) phone to ring.

Although it may be because BD has nipped at the media hand that's been feeding her, I also think that the unusual weather in TX and the upcoming Superbowl in TX is dominating the news.

If there is new information or a slow news day, they might talk to her then.

:cow:

Older article but I found this part interesting...

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_866f96aa-2c33-11e0-a0c4-001cc4c03286.html

There are certain basic responsibilities for law enforcement and the parents of missing children alike when a case is fresh, according to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, in which guidelines for each place a significant emphasis on the first 24 to 48 hours.

For law enforcement those steps include obtaining a detailed description of the child, searching a child's room as soon as possible and reviewing sex offender registries to determine whether individuals designated as sexual predators live or work nearby or might otherwise be associated with the child's disappearance.

Kampfer said that the Colorado City Police Department and others worked from a similar checklist as they were attempting to run down leads, though law enforcement were initially frustrated at stories found to be "contradictory" from certain initial interviewees.

Well I would say the weather, but yesterday the weather hadn't started yet. I assume that any credible reporter that was at the "press conference" saw what she was selling and was not interested which sucks for HD.

Older article but I found this part interesting...

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stories/article_866f96aa-2c33-11e0-a0c4-001cc4c03286.html

There are certain basic responsibilities for law enforcement and the parents of missing children alike when a case is fresh, according to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, in which guidelines for each place a significant emphasis on the first 24 to 48 hours.

For law enforcement those steps include obtaining a detailed description of the child, searching a child's room as soon as possible and reviewing sex offender registries to determine whether individuals designated as sexual predators live or work nearby or might otherwise be associated with the child's disappearance.

Kampfer said that the Colorado City Police Department and others worked from a similar checklist as they were attempting to run down leads, though law enforcement were initially frustrated at stories found to be "contradictory" from certain initial interviewees.

Well wonder what they really think now? It just got even more "contradictory" .

I don't believe this was a practice at BD's house, especially now that her children are older. If it had been I believe that BD would have talked more about "dinnertime".

I don't know how much (if any) this plays into Hailey missing - but it sure does give some good insight into the home's family dynamic relationships to each other all the way around.

~snipped for space~

I'm a few pages behind, so forgive me if this has been addressed. Being able to sit down and have dinner at the table with the family is a wonderful thing. However, Billie works until 7pm, and gets home later than that. I think it would be hard for the family to sit down together every night to eat a meal, and unfair to make the kids wait until almost bedtime to eat. I am sure the kids had to prepare their own dinner. I can't blame Billie for not being able to make dinner for the kids.

For your dancing and dining pleasure this afternoon, we now have the SW affidavit in text format to facilitate copy/pasting of portions we reference.

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/hailey-dunn-search-warrant-affidavit-january-6-2011/

Monday, l2-27-2010, and further stated ADKINS arrived on the premises according to their records at 6:00am on Monday, 12-27-2010; went into the break room and purchased a Dr. Pepper out of the vending machine, looked at the supervisor without saying a word, and then left the premises at 6:10am

SO SA cleaned out his locker also in the 10 min. time frame????

I dread it. I've found that Levi doesn't track the facts in cases, repeats rumors as facts, and has a tabloidesque, sensationistic flavor to his shows.

I really fear what could happen to Clint.

My opinion.
Which reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. I've seen Levi mentioned on a number of cases. I see that many hold him in high esteem. What are his credentials? Does anyone know? Does he have a background in journalism or forensic evidence, etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member