TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
The affadavit states that Information was Received about the NY Eve Party. So to me that sounds as though someone alerted LE to this event, that Shawn downplayed and said just a few friends over for drinks and we are now being led to believe was a covered dish supper.

My question is this? Why does it have to be so hard when there is a 13 year old girl missing. Does anyone believe that Law Enforcement has a crystal ball ? They need facts..

Pete Kampfer, city manager of Colorado City, confirmed the report and said the Texas Department of Protective and Family Services was involved in the placement of 16-year-old D D in another home.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?print=1

I'm really surprised more has not been made of that, I think it says a lot that they wanted him out of the house.

ETA: Apparently I am going to only have net access for 15 minutes at a time..........lmbo. Up down up down.

Me too teh..and IMO Billie made it sound like it was her idea..I realize I am in a another state and some things may differ..but having worked with (not for) DSS here, I can tell you that if the State is involved..it WAS NOT a "choice" that she made on her own...it just doesn't work like that. Had it been her choice, they wouldn't be involved..she would have just sent him to live with relatives for a while....still JMO..

Probably a good thing too because when I was re-watching Billie's clarification presser last night, when Billie turned to walk back into the house..I couldn't help but wonder if Shawn was behind that door and waiting inside. If he's not now, it's only a matter of time..<again jmo and all that stuff..

Well, I not going to assume it's "LE" who's thin on facts.
I have no doubt LE has much more now since getting the SW. But early on it is my belief they didn't have a whole lot. No crime scene, no blood, no Hailey :( That is why they wanted/needed the SW.

The affadavit states that Information was Received about the NY Eve Party. So to me that sounds as though someone alerted LE to this event, that Shawn downplayed and said just a few friends over for drinks and we are now being led to believe was a covered dish supper.

My question is this? Why does it have to be so hard when there is a 13 year old girl missing. Does anyone believe that Law Enforcement has a crystal ball ? They need facts..

I wonder if they lit off some fireworks, or something? Hanging outside to smoke and such-- being noisy?

Here’s an interesting exercise:

After reading a few recent posts here, I decided to take another look, IN ISOLATION, at BD’s 1/31 PC timeline handout.

1. I printed out BD’s timeline http://bigcountryhomepage.com/image...edia/dox/pdf/2011_01/Billie Dunn timeline.PDF

2. With a very critical eye and using a highlighter, I highlighted everything that has not been or could not be corroborated by a credible source and anything that has been dramatically changed. (This will be different for each of us based on what/who we believe at this point.)

3. The remaining entries on my resulting BD timeline left lots of holes and few verifiable facts.

Me and my Mom did the same thing the other night. A couple of things are corroborated by the affidavits. The bulk of the presser is "Shawn says" or what other people have told her.

Regarding Sunday 12/26 Surveillance Video

Quick question for Mod

Last night, Bessie asked a good question about the Sunday surveillance tapes reportedly showing Hailey at the Dollar Store and Alco Department Store on Sunday 12/26. Bessie asked if their existence was verified by LE. LE hasn’t directly released any details about the contents of these tapes that I could find. I did find 2 sources regarding the tapes. Is it okay for us to discuss the video(s) if they are related to another topic? TIA!

Sources/References:

1. Billie says LE told her about the Dollar Store tape when she appeared on NG 1/17. Nancy Grace confirms that they do have tapes (either repeating what Billie says or confirming that NG producers were also told – unclear).

GRACE: We did talk to her, this is the hairstylist. Did she see her out the window or did her children see Hailey or both?
B. DUNN: She saw Hailey out the window.
GRACE: Right. Now she places her between 10:30 and 12:00, where was Hailey?
B. DUNN: Just cutting across her yard.
GRACE: Across her yard going to where?
B. DUNN: Possibly toward the dollar store that she walked to, but she lives catty corner from me. My backyard catty corners to her backyard.
GRACE: now you said she was on her way to the dollar store, did she ever make it to the dollar store? Do we know?
B. DUNN: No, they say the only video footage they have of her in the dollar store was Sunday.
GRACE: OK, that`s odd, because they do have video of her on Sunday. Is there anyway Jean was mistaken and saw her on Sunday?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/17/ng.01.html
----------------------------------------------------------------

2. Clint Dunn stated that LE told him about the Sunday tapes from both locations in reporternews article dated 1/19.

Stewart and Clint Dunn said Hailey Dunn walked to the Dollar Store and Alco department store on Sunday, not Monday, as Burroughs told police.
"She never came over at all Monday," Stewart said.
"Police have told us surveillance tapes at both stores put Hailey there on Sunday," Clint Dunn said.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/19/missing-teens-brother-staying-with-relative/

Grandmaj said:
"Two of my neighbors came forward to say they saw Hailey in my backyard around noon. Another neighbor said he saw Hailey and a small dark boy, probably Naomi's son, two times between 1030, and noon."

Which is different than what the neighbor said.

TW, who owns a house two doors down from the Dunn home, reported seeing the teenager Christmas Eve.

He said that DP, who was living in W, house, reported seeing Hailey in her backyard talking on a cell phone at noon Dec. 27.

"I have told the cops that his story is not reliable," said W, who added that he had kicked P. out of the house. It is unknown whether P. is a person of interest.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?print=1

I brought this over from the other thread because it was already closed.

Thank you, Grandmaj! :blowkiss:

Clearly there is still too much misinformation floating around, so which "unreliable" sources to we believe? :crazy:

I have no doubt LE has much more now since getting the SW. But early on it is my belief they didn't have a whole lot. No crime scene, no blood, no Hailey :( That is why they wanted/needed the SW.

I agree with you..I think LE got mixed signals from BD and SA in the beginning..Just listening to her now, I can easily see how they wouldn't know what to think! Then, as more information came to light, they were able to focus on a crime instead of the runaway theory . I take what I hear on NG with a box of salt, but when Nancy pushed Billie about hearing that Hailey had run away before..it made me at least wonder if something had been said about running away. Still would love to know WHY NG thought that and what she may have heard *on the ground* to make her so pointedly ask Billie about it..<my opinion and speculation only..

In the affadavits Shawn says they had a few friends over for drinks.

Billy has denied that.

I think Shawn had to sound cool. I mean really, what young 20 yo man would want to admit that they did nothing on NYE??? (I looked for the rolling eyes icon but this seemed appropriate as well) :fireworks2:

{{O/T Rolling blackouts my butt......my sis has been w/out power since 7am. That's a little longer than 15 minutes ONCOR!! }}

I think Shawn had to sound cool. I mean really, what young 20 yo man would want to admit that they did nothing on NYE??? (I looked for the rolling eyes icon but this seemed appropriate as well) :fireworks2:

{{O/T Rolling blackouts my butt......my sis has been w/out power since 7am. That's a little longer than 15 minutes ONCOR!! }}

Oh no. Does she live in Dallas? If so what part? tia

A party is a social event, often in someone's home, at which people enjoy themselves doing things such as eating, drinking, dancing, talking, or playing games.

http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-cobuild/party

the difference between enjoying yourself and just consoling each other.
for LE to say a party.
Then I believe LE.
IMO LE was watching/listening BD/SA and then SA said a few friends for drinks, down playing the party.
Where was DD that night???
My family all gets together when something bad happens (we had a death on Christmas
years ago) yes food, beer and allot of crying.....a wake...food....no TV, no entertainment, allot of talking and yes we laughed about happy memories........normal stuff. We did not enjoy ourselves
There IS a big difference!

$50.00 is cheaper than the $140.00 that LE says in the affaidavit was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County as admitted to by BD.

And a suspended nursing license....

I find it interesting that the affidavit does not state what the info was and whom it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G@$p•