TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a party.
Let me ask you this...If your child was missing, would your family not come from all over to be with you at your home? I have 3 sisters and a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles. If my daughter were to go missing, there would be so many people at my house, it would look as if I were having a party 24/7, when in fact, it was just my family there to give me and my daughter support.
Cars in the driveway and food in the kitchen does not always equal a party.

In the affadavits Shawn says they had a few friends over for drinks.

Billy has denied that.

And I respect your right not to believe it. I do take the LEO's sworn statement as fact, currently, unless and until LE retracts it, or anyone with credibility steps forward with information that presents reason to doubt it.

I'd love to hear from the people other than Billie who were at the party, but so far, *crickets*.

O/T - Why don't we have a crickets smilie?
Found a link to a crickets chirping smiley, but I can't seem to copy it correctly. Kimster?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x5375359

I am just wondering if that is what happened, and it would be considered 'purchasing illegal narcotics', and when it came out in the affidavit, that is why BD was so confused about it, maybe she didn't realize that saying that would be an admission of doing something illegal.
JMO of course

Personally, I don't think that was / is the case. I think she was well aware that any such purchase would have been illegal. Moreover, she also denied / denies purchasing any drugs altogether. She simply will not / does not admit to any such activity...she was just..."low on cash"!

IMO, she made a lame attempt to "clean up" that little purchase when she intentionally had a news reporter capture prescription meds on video.

Dunn also showed KTAB's Priscilla Luong a bottle of prescription pain medication that she was taking for a bad tooth.

The affadavit also states that Dunn and Adkins made $140 worth of cash withdrawals on Dec. 27, and that Dunn voluntarily admitted that "the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County, Texas" for use by Adkins and herself.

Billie told Luong that they were simply out of cash that day.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330806

OK, Billie Dunn, I`ve got the police affidavit right here in my hand verbatim. I`ve got hundreds of pages of documents that we have combed through. And they say you used (ph) -- at 6:19, 6:20 PM, you withdraw $60, then $80 cash. It was then determined through a volunteer -- voluntary admission of you, Billie Dunn, the money was used to purchase illegal narcotics from a person in Scurry County.

BILLIE DUNN: Right. And I read that, too. The only narcotics I had were prescribed to me, and I even showed those to Priscilla to get them on tape.
http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

I'm not a nurse and *I* know it. It wouldn't stop me if I was in pain. I have had a severe toothache and couldn't get to the dentist right way....I have had a migraine headache so bad I thought DEATH would be better, I have had severe pain that needed to go away asap and yes I have taken something to releave that pain that wasn't perscribed to me. It's the exact same medication that would be perscribed to me, has been perscribed to me so yes I see no reason I should suffer while waiting for doctors hours and an appointment.

An emergency room visit after hours might be the answer. Taking illegal narcotics can land a person in jail.

Billie D. worked in a hospital. I'm willing to bet if she walked into the emergency room she could have been seen rather quickly.

IMO....one of those "friends" was probably shocked at the atmosphere and told LE.
Or LE had the house under surveillance and saw ppl coming over with food and assumed it was a party??? I didn't see in the affidavit where it says LE was "told" there was a party.

I just want to make it crystal clear that I was not offering up any excuses for BD. I am the last one to think that she deserves a pass for any of this. What I was trying to get across was....

Perhaps several minds got together and decided this was the best way to present this info....IN MY OPINION.... BD probably never wanted to do this press thing to begin with....IN MY OPINION....if BD could just disappear into the background and get back to life with SA without anyone noticing that is exactly what would be happening right now.

But at the end of the day, BD is an adult so she could have said no I am presenting this or talking about this. I mean, afterall, she vetoed any questions after the whole "We're still friendly" bit.

BBM I think she did do that, and that is why LE wasn't by her side. I was trying to find the article, but Kampfer did say he wasn't there because he didn't think it would be right considering they didn't agree on all the 'facts' IIRC

I'm thinking someone that was at the home NYE said it was a party, how else would LE know?

Yawl know darn good and well that SA wasn't the only one to have a beer. GMAB. lol

Or LE had the house under surveillance and saw ppl coming over with food and assumed it was a party??? I didn't see in the affidavit where it says LE was "told" there was a party.

I would think that LE would be fully aware that when someone's child is missing, there would be people coming and going and bringing food and stuff all the time. Perhaps if they did have it under surveillance, they heard the noise inside the house? Or, it was something SA told LE..........

I'm at work without my links. Who has a link to the affadavits. Thanks.

In the affadavits Shawn says they had a few friends over for drinks.

Billy has denied that.

I guess I'm just more inclined to believe Billie over Shawn then.
He is young and immature. Maybe what she considered was family and friends coming over to offer support while her daughter is missing seemed like a party to him?

When my beloved brother in law died this past September, my sister's little bitty house was so packed with friends and family there to support her. There were a lot of cars and a lot of food, but I assure you, it did not feel like a party at all.
Now maybe some of the kids or neighbors thought it seemed like a party was going on, but again, there was no party.

It wasn't a party.
Let me ask you this...If your child was missing, would your family not come from all over to be with you at your home? I have 3 sisters and a lot of cousins, aunts and uncles. If my daughter were to go missing, there would be so many people at my house, it would look as if I were having a party 24/7, when in fact, it was just my family there to give me and my daughter support.
Cars in the driveway and food in the kitchen does not always equal a party.

Same here - but it wouldn't just be on New Years Eve.

The fact that this was the only 'gathering' of this type is what makes it stand out.

There have not been hordes of people gathered at her home 24/7.

I do remember CD saying it was NOT a party. Let me find the link.

But he wasn't there was he? My whole point is, LE had a good reason for putting that in there, it was not something they made up.

Personally, I don't think that was / is the case. I think she was well aware that any such purchase would have been illegal. Moreover, she also denied / denies purchasing any drugs altogether. She simply will not / does not admit to any such activity...she was just..."low on cash"!

IMO, she made a lame attempt to "clean up" that little purchase when she intentionally had a news reporter capture prescription meds on video.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=330806

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html
Yes, prescription bottles held in such a way that even the expiration date could not clearly be read. Those bottles could have been three years old for all we know.

Yes, prescription bottles held in such a way that even the expiration date could not clearly be read. Those bottles could have been three years old for all we know.

I was just going to ask for those links.... Thank you....

I'm not Kimster but I kinda like the graphic. :) ty

Found a link to a crickets chirping smiley, but I can't seem to copy it correctly. Kimster?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=105x5375359

crickets2kx1.gif

I would think that LE would be fully aware that when someone's child is missing, there would be people coming and going and bringing food and stuff all the time. Perhaps if they did have it under surveillance, they heard the noise inside the house? Or, it was something SA told LE..........
I'm sure they are aware. However, it does look good on a SW when LE is thin on facts to get the SW approved. IMO

I am not saying there is any lying going on with LE (because I don't believe they would do that) but I do believe they can and do stretch the truth a bit to get what they need from a Judge.

My opinion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member