Possible lead in Susan Powell case, 8-18-11

Maybe search a hotel or motel room because Josh had been there one cold winter night???? Maybe it was a little projection on Josh's part..

Also I think Josh was trying to control his body language and eye blinks but when asked what did he think happened those eyes dropped to the ground immediately.

I'm not going to articulate what I think about his Dad except too much performance-over the top...

But the press is not a tool of law enforcement, nor should it ever be. In order to report honestly it cannot take sides. If it actually allows itself to be so used, it serves neither truth nor justice.

IMO, using the media as a tool has many advantages. If they can get their POI to go on camera and "step in it" per se, they have it on tape and can use it in court. I beleive they did exactly that in the Alicia Debolt case. Only hours after a long interview and good probing questions by the reporter, the perp stole a company truck and took off.

I see nothing wrong with LE maybe asking a reporter to ask certain questions, etc. They can also use it for visual and linquistic observations. In many ways it's more efficient and productive than an interrogation at the station. I don't see anything unethical about it really, because facts are still facts, and using any tool available (legally) to get to the truth is what we all are after.

I am thinking they have positive DNA results back on bone found at some point which a critter may have taken out of a mine shaft, and now they are looking for the rest of her remains. Since one of her boys said that mommy was in a mine or cave looking for crystals (not verbatim).. it only makes sense that she is in fact in one of those shafts. One shaft at a time... if she is, they will find her. Watching Josh videos is uber creepy. Just like his first media interviews. He seems so very disturbed and untruthful. His father seems crafty and manipulative and is is Josh's coverup man. I just hope they can tie Josh to Ely by the remains or the car somehow.
I have felt very upset that Josh and his father have had Susan's boys, as much as I feel upset about FCA walking free. The appalling sting of injustice affects me the same in both cases. Hoping they find her. Hoping Josh goes to prison. Hoping the Cox family will get the boys ASAP. Josh Powell is as guilty as sin. I have no doubts about that.

Well, if they did not take anything away from the mines, how successful could they have been? Unless they are doing the MCSO speak, everytime they searched for Kyron and didn't find him, they said that was one more place he wasn't...

Maybe they were marking their success by gathering gps coordinates, measuring and photographing the mines, etc. Possibly they found evidence by way of phone records or puter forensics that JP or someone had contacts with someone in the Ely area...or just puter searches. Maybe there were brochures of the area--gem mines, etc, discovered by family or friends in things of Susan's...or they just remembered something she/he had mentioned about the area. ??

I would venture to guess that Ely fell into a radius the police mapped out as to where he could have travelled in any direction from SLC, based on the mileage and time he was gone. Hit #1.

Hit #2 is likely a positive DNA match from human bone...maybe found by the horn hunting boys?

Yes Pip those things have been brought up. I agree. Interesting watching the tactics and Josh speaking out.

Yulp...interesting.

Yes Pip those things have been brought up. I agree. Interesting watching the tactics and Josh speaking out.

Yulp...interesting.
I would have to say he is one of the most transparent liars I have ever seen. He has NO poker face whatsoever. Everything about his demeanor screams...I DID IT, I AM GUILTY.

I really hate to put it this way but the truth is, when my kids were those ages, it would have been over my dead body.

Part of my hatred for JP stems from the absolutely ridiculous story he came up with in a pathetic attempt to cover his crime. They should lock him up just for being such a < mod snip >.

I would have NEVER allowed it either. What mother would have? I wouldn't let my toddlers go anywhere at midnight in a blizzard, let alone CAMPING. What a ridiculous notion. It is such an obvious lie. How can people support him after hearing his pathetic attempt at a story ?

Are we to believe that 2 toddlers are taken camping at midnight in a snowstorm, and then coincidentally, on the very same night, mom runs off and changes her identity, leaving her kids forever?

If LE had a bone from Susan...wouldn't this now be a murder investigation, officially?

I would have NEVER allowed it either. What mother would have? I wouldn't let my toddlers go anywhere at midnight in a blizzard, let alone CAMPING. What a ridiculous notion. It is such an obvious lie. How can people support him after hearing his pathetic attempt at a story ?

Are we to believe that 2 toddlers are taken camping at midnight in a snowstorm, and then coincidentally, on the very same night, mom runs off and changes her identity, leaving her kids forever?
And leaves her purse, no car.. It's all so ridiculous.

If LE had a bone from Susan...wouldn't this now be a murder investigation, officially?
Ya got me there. They must have something though. Maybe it is still kept silent under the secrecy order until they can find the rest of her remains?

I remember when this bogus story first broke. My first thought was, "What???" Without hearing anything more I knew, right away, that JP was responsible. Wouldn't you think he'd at least come up with a more believable story?! I can't imagine anyone would fall for his fairy tale.

Ya got me there. They must have something though. Maybe it is still kept silent under the secrecy order until they can find the rest of her remains?

There is no guarantee they ever would find them, though...and if a bone of hers was found out in some desert...she is deceased. I don't see how they could be made to find her entire body...JMO

I'm watching an old episode of "Medium" -- S1E15 "Penny for Your Thoughts" while reading online. In the show, the accused killer just mentioned Ely, Nevada. Weird! :waitasec:

Wow. Is it possible that JP got his idea from the show? It first aired on May 9, 2005.

There is no guarantee they ever would find them, though...and if a bone of hers was found out in some desert...she is deceased. I don't see how they could be made to find her entire body...JMO
A skull, remnants of materials/blankets she was likely wrapped in? Something of forensic value would be left behind at the original site I would think.

Maybe search a hotel or motel room because Josh had been there one cold winter night???? Maybe it was a little projection on Josh's part..

Also I think Josh was trying to control his body language and eye blinks but when asked what did he think happened those eyes dropped to the ground immediately.

I'm not going to articulate what I think about his Dad except too much performance-over the top...

I think JP may have gotten the hotel speculation off of reading Susan's FB page. There was a woman talking about seeing JP and the children at a hotel...but from what I could gather....it may have been a dream. She said someting about Susan coming to her in the night...etc. This was all around 8/2 - 8-12 and the trail of the posts mysteriously end. IMO

I think Josh must have been to Ely before to know of the mine shafts in the area. I wonder if his sister tipped off police that he had been there before, maybe on a family trip in his youth, or in his travels from Utah to Washington looking for garnets or something?

IMO, they already have found - at least - some of Susan's remains and are now looking for the rest and for evidence. I pray they find it!

Does anyone truly doubt this has ever been anything other than a murder investigation? Really?

I think Josh must have been to Ely before to know of the mine shafts in the area. I wonder if his sister tipped off police that he had been there before, maybe on a family trip in his youth, or in his travels from Utah to Washington looking for garnets or something?

OR from a computer search, which would make sense regarding the "old" search warrant.

I think JP may have gotten the hotel speculation off of reading Susan's FB page. There was a woman talking about seeing JP and the children at a hotel...but from what I could gather....it may have been a dream. She said someting about Susan coming to her in the night...etc. This was all around 8/2 - 8-12 and the trail of the posts mysteriously end. IMO

I read that and it seemed that she felt she had seen Josh but did not report it until Susan started haunting her in her dreams. Or she had reported it and had never received a call from LE for follow up. In letting it go she felt she had been haunted in her dreams until she did something else about it.

I have always thought someone had to see something, especially if he was in the area twice...(just my opinion)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back