GUILTY Canada - Taylor Van Diest, 18, beaten to death, Armstrong, BC, 31 Oct 2011

Two men have been arrested in connection with the Taylor Van Diest murder case. The 18-year-old was killed on Halloween night in Armstrong.

At a news conference Thursday afternoon, the RCMP announced that Matthew Stephen Foerster and his father, Stephen Roy Foerster were both arrested.

Matthew Foerster is facing a charge of Second Degree Murder. He will also face charges of Sexual Assault and Unlawful Confinement in connection with an incident dating back to 2005 in Kelowna.

The elder Foerster is being charged as an accessory.

http://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-73476-26-.htm#73476

matt-foerster.jpg

Matthew Foerster has also been charged with possession of a break-in instrument and break and enter into a house, in connection with an Oc.t 19, 2004 home-invasion in Cherryville, when a young 19-year-old woman was seriously assaulted.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Father+arrested+slaying+year+Taylor+Diest/6416755/story.html

I wonder if some of these charges will be upgraded. According to the associated Vancouver Sun blog:

Charged with second-degree murder is Cherryville resident Matthew Foerster who was the person many local residents identified to The Vancouver Sun in January.

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/04/05/father-son-charged-in-taylor-van-diest-murder/

hmmm.....the home invasion was 7 1/2 years ago, and he is 26 now, so, if MF is guilty, here's another case that proves that point that these sexual attackers usually start at a young age.

I'm glad there have been arrests in the case. What was this goof doing in town that day anyway? Was he visiting a friend for Halloween? Didn't he sexually assault Taylor and if he did why isn't he charged with that too in her case? SICK SICK SICK! I hope Taylor's family and friends can heal knowing this creep and his father are behind bars.

http://www.chbcnews.ca/rcmp+news+releases+on+van+diest+murder+arrests/6442615802/story.html
"While arrests have been made, the investigation is ongoing. Investigators are continuing their efforts to establish a detailed time line of Matthew Foerster’s activities on the day and night of Taylor’s murder on October 31st, 2011 and his travel and activities from December 2011 to March 2012.
RCMP are releasing a photo of Matthew Stephen Foerster in order to advance this investigation and in an effort to determine whether there are any other offenses that need further review. Anyone who may have information is asked to call the specially created tip line 1-888-688-4264 established for this investigation."

http://www.chbcnews.ca/rcmp+news+releases+on+van+diest+murder+arrests/6442615802/story.html
"While arrests have been made, the investigation is ongoing. Investigators are continuing their efforts to establish a detailed time line of Matthew Foerster’s activities on the day and night of Taylor’s murder on October 31st, 2011 and his travel and activities from December 2011 to March 2012.
RCMP are releasing a photo of Matthew Stephen Foerster in order to advance this investigation and in an effort to determine whether there are any other offenses that need further review. Anyone who may have information is asked to call the specially created tip line 1-888-688-4264 established for this investigation."

Why December 2011 to March 2012? Maybe another case in that timeframe?

Regardless, thankfully it appears there will be some resolution to Taylor's case.

Looks like justice is taking its course.

Rest in peace Taylor.

From the CHBC publication of the RCMP news release:

We also would like to establish a time line of his travels and activities from December 2011 up to the end of March 2012.

We are releasing a photo today of Matthew Stephen Foerster in order to advance this investigation and in an effort to determine whether there are any other offenses that need further review. Please call the specially created tip line established for this investigation. The number is 1-888-688-4264.

Read it on Global News: CHBC Okanagan | RCMP news releases on Van Diest murder arrests

The RCMP specifically states that they are trying to determine whether there are any other offenses committed between December 2011 and the end of March 2012.

I presume this means that they can account for MF's movements through November, but lose track of him until late in March, when they locate him in Ontario. I certainly hope there were no new victims during that time period!

You do have to wonder though, what other offenses he may have committed prior to Taylor's murder. I am hoping that there was enough 'heat' on him after her murder that he was trying to stay below the radar by not stepping out of bounds.

"At a packed news conference in Armstrong Thursday, police would not say what Stephen Foerster allegedly did to obstruct their investigation, or what role he allegedly played after the homicide.

Stephen Foerster is listed as a painter married to Debra, a homemaker, on land title documents for their rural home. RCMP said the father was known to police, but did not elaborate.

Police received arrest warrants for both men Tuesday.

Matthew Foerster has no criminal record, but this week police also charged him in connection with two other violent assaults against women, which occurred several years ago. Foerster would have been 18 or 19 at the time of the two incidents."

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Fa...ng+year+teen/6416755/story.html#ixzz1rGwbD7qx

Wow! I saw this on the Yahoo news site. I'm so pleased to see they've made an arrest. I seriously almost cried when I saw the headline.

I actually feel badly for Taylor's family. They said now maybe they can begin to heal, but I don't think they have any idea of how emotional the trial is going to be for them. They most likely won't be able to heal until after the trial is over and he's sentenced. Oh, I know, he still needs a trial and is only 'alleged,' but ehh, I think they have DNA. Pretty hard to dispute that.

What kind of father helps his son cover-up a murder of a teenager? :(

JMHO
fran

Father, son charged in Halloween slaying of 18-year-old woman in B.C.

http://news.yahoo.com/father-son-charged-halloween-slaying-18-old-woman-043011414.html

I agree Snoopster, what has this creep been up to? He is linked by DNA to crimes back as far as 2004 or 2003, when he was 18 - 19 years-old.

Since he was found in Collingwood, 4,000 kms from home, it would be interesting to know if he has been there or surrounding area before, as in February 2009 when PW went missing from Wasaga Beach. Relatives in the area, or does he just prefer small towns?

Good question fran - what kind of father tries to cover up a murder by their son - did the apple not fall far from the tree?

Perhaps local LE should investigate wayyyy back for these two. His son seems pretty scary, but the dad too! :eek:

Wonder if ???????????

Ok, my mind is running away from me.:(

I'll try and check some things out later this weekend when I have more time. Gotta look some stuff up.

fran

There is another case that sounds so similar but I can't remember much of the details - anyone else? It was a few hours away, maybe even in Alberta west of Edmonton. There was a teen girl murdered, walking alone and I'm sure it was along some tracks. I remember it was a smallish type place, like Armstrong. I wonder if that was solved...

There is another case that sounds so similar but I can't remember much of the details - anyone else? It was a few hours away, maybe even in Alberta west of Edmonton. There was a teen girl murdered, walking alone and I'm sure it was along some tracks. I remember it was a smallish type place, like Armstrong. I wonder if that was solved...

I get the impression that the crimes committed by this guy were close to home, in the Armstrong, Vernon and Cherryville area.

Give me until tomorrow. I have some things to look up about this father/son duo.

I'm honestly wondering they've done something before? Dunno what, but............

fran

Give me until tomorrow. I have some things to look up about this father/son duo.

I'm honestly wondering they've done something before? Dunno what, but............

fran

It sounds like the son is the perp and the father obstructed - most likely by helping his son hide or avoid police ... that's my guess.

Why December 2011 to March 2012? Maybe another case in that timeframe?

Regardless, thankfully it appears there will be some resolution to Taylor's case.

Looks like justice is taking its course.

Rest in peace Taylor.
I wonder where this creep was on May 28th 2011 when Madison Scott went missing ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391
Back