CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goldstar: In my signature there is a link to a site about developmental psychology, juvenile crime, and the justice system. It's the website of a respected researcher, Dr. Abigail Baird of Vassar. I thought that it might help us as we discuss this case and Autumn Pasquale's. I hope you all find it as interesting and informative as I do!

Curious if this teen will be given the same moniker as others in his general age bracket. An 11 - 15 yr old who goes missing is often referred to as a 'baby,' as in 'that poor baby.' We now have a 17 yr old offender. That's gotta blow one's mind.

attachment.php

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/photos-police-search-home-suv-of-jessica-ridgeways-suspected-killer/

Not sure if this MSM comment is correct, but it says they think he dismembered her in the open space. :(

But they sure are carrying away alot of evidence from the home - have a tent-type of thing covering the garage. You can see the pic at the link above.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-10-24 at 5.17.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-10-24 at 5.17.36 PM.png
    192.8 KB · Views: 1,010
Well there are pictures of a girlfriend all in that account, so he does not fit the profile of being completely antisocial. I wonder if there was an incident w the GF around the times of the attacks. I am sure LE is running to talk to her.

She is yet another victim, as well as the mom.

Looking at the instagram pictures i gasped, there is something truly weird looking about this guy. He gives off a really creepy vibe.

Earlier, someone posted a link to you tube with the same name as the perp....the football game one. NOT THE PERP!! I guess it's too late to straighten out the wrong info. There have been pages and pages discussing stuff about the WRONG PERSON.

Amster, report the post to a mod.

Below I circled in RED the arrested suspect, Austin Sigg
PicsArt_1351113718067.jpg

No offense to anyone in particular, but I find it very odd that people are judging this kid based on PHOTOGRAPHS??? Is this what kind of sleuthing this case has come down to? Really people, considering that this person has been arrested in the matter of this heinous crime, I think your time would be better served if you judged him on the nature of the CRIME, not his appearance, which, in all honesty means nothing? JMO

And just to add...this kid's mother did an incredibly difficult thing. This is her child....her baby. To say some of the things some of you are saying is just cruel. She is also a victim and does not deserve this in any way. Unless we find out differently, lets leave her and her family out of this. Also JMO.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/24/suspect-arrested-in-jessica-ridgeway-abduction-killing/

Mom called police after son reportedly admitted to Jessica Ridgeway's abduction, killing

"I made the phone call, and he turned himself in. That's all I have to say," Mindy Sigg, Austin Reed Sigg's mother, told the Associated Press, before she broke down in tears and hung up the phone. This is the second report of a mother alerting authorities about her son suspected of murder.

Earlier, someone posted a link to you tube with the same name as the perp....the football game one. NOT THE PERP!! I guess it's too late to straighten out the wrong info. There have been pages and pages discussing stuff about the WRONG PERSON.

I tried to 'alert' on all the posts I saw of these instances earlier. I feel so bad for the mods/admins today! :grouphug: They're probably doing a lot of :cursing: , :needdrink: , and :no: at some of the posts here today LOL :(

Wow, am very surprised to see him in these pics. He looks happy. And kind of soft. What a difference to the other photo (mug shot?) where he looks soooo creepy. *shudder*

Poor poor Jessica! :(

He also looks to me as if he has lost weight between those photos and the booking photo. Does anyone else think so? I wonder if there could be a drug issue?

I tend to agree that AS probably was feeling a tremendous amount of stress & pressure with all the heat from LE's press conferences, searches,etc. Then in the last few days, WPD announces a definite link to the attempted lake abductions - had to let AS know they likely had his DNA & would only be a matter of time before he was caught. I give LE the credit for all the info they shared with the public & I also believe it was LE's strategy to keep the pressure on the perp by frequent release of info. Maybe Mom noticed AS acting strangely and questioned him constantly to the point of him confessing.

I don't have children, so I have a question for those of you who do. How do you think you would feel if you found out your child committed this crime? Would you fear him, fear for your own life? Most important, for even a split second, would you consider not reporting him?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/10/24/suspect-arrested-in-jessica-ridgeway-abduction-killing/

Mom called police after son reportedly admitted to Jessica Ridgeway's abduction, killing

"I made the phone call, and he turned himself in. That's all I have to say," Mindy Sigg, Austin Reed Sigg's mother, told the Associated Press, before she broke down in tears and hung up the phone. This is the second report of a mother alerting authorities about her son suspected of murder.

I feel so awful for that mother. I don't blame her for not giving an interview. Very thankful that she had the guts to do the right thing.

VERY INTERESTING that she says HE turned himself in. Will be interesting to find out the details of that.

No offense to anyone in particular, but I find it very odd that people are judging this kid based on PHOTOGRAPHS??? Is this what kind of sleuthing this case has come down to? Really people, considering that this person has been arrested in the matter of this heinous crime, I think your time would be better served if you judged him on the nature of the CRIME, not his appearance, which, in all honesty means nothing? JMO

And just to add...this kid's mother did an incredibly difficult thing. This is her child....her baby. To say some of the things some of you are saying is just cruel. She is also a victim and does not deserve this in any way. Unless we find out differently, lets leave her and her family out of this. Also JMO.

I couldn't agree more. While she may look back ten years from now and realize there were signs something was terribly wrong..today she is probably wondering where SHE went wrong. Or wondering where the little boy went that grew into a murderer. I can't imagine how difficult it is for her, to not only have a child who murders another innocent child in such a heinous way and then having to call LE and turn him in. She did what was right but the pain that came with that none of us, I pray, will ever know.

Kelly

attachment.php

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/photos-police-search-home-suv-of-jessica-ridgeways-suspected-killer/

Not sure if this MSM comment is correct, but it says they think he dismembered her in the open space. :(

But they sure are carrying away alot of evidence from the home - have a tent-type of thing covering the garage. You can see the pic at the link above.

If he dismembered her out in the open space why would he move her. Or even put her in bags?
I think he did it at home. JMO

I´m glad an arrest has been made, but as some other posters has said, I have a feeling that this is not the end of this case.

I sent this tip to the WPD

To the Westminster police Department

Concerning Austin Reed Sigg suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway case.

I belive Austin Reed Sigg might be the man sought in this October 19, 2012 Fort Collins case.

The photo indeed resemble him a lot, the robber just have glasses, cap and a little more beard.

http://www.noco5.com/story/19857439/fort-collins-police-still-at-crime-s

Hope this helps.

ARSandFortCollinsrobber.jpg

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/10/jessica_ridgeway_case_abductions.php

Snipped:
After Storey concluded his remarks, Materasso addressed the press. He pointed out that Sigg's first court appearance is scheduled for 8 a.m. tomorrow morning at Division 10 in Jefferson County Court. He also noted that Sigg is being held on suspicion of two first-degree murder counts, both associated with Jessica Ridgeway, plus a kidnapping charge. Two subsequent counts -- criminal attempts at murder and kidnapping -- are related to the May incident at Ketner Lake where an adult jogger narrowly avoided being abducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumner