CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be really nice if someone can transcribe, some of us are having trouble with the video, please and thank you.

I have the scanner rewind pro from downstairs transcribing right now...

So my uneducated read on him was right - he looked liked he could have been selling me a chain saw or something.

Thanks, that did clarify things a little for me. It would make sense to take his stuff with him if he was planning to be there for 2 days.

Dylan was planning to be at his friends for 2 days?

Try the uncut version- cuts off at very end though..http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico...nce/-/9153728/17616906/-/huo4iaz/-/index.html

very different from cut version IMO

It sure was. He looked tired and he was soft spoken. He seemed concerned but he did use the phase "he meant everything to me." In the past tense. Most of the time though he talked in the present tense.

I have to say that I came into this case with an open mind. I wasn't one of those people who were here to hang MR out to dry nor did I just assume he was guilty of anything. For me, it's been a slow process. I'm still not real sure one way or the other. As information has come in, I've waivered back and forth, depending on what it is.

All I know is a lot of stuff doesn't make sense for a 13 year old boy. Some of the father's timeline doesn't seem to pass the acid test.

I honestly haven't seen anyone getting upset about anyone disagreeing with them and for the most part everyone has been very respectful of other's opinions. JMO

I attribute some of his awkwardness to nervousness, but dad's general posture, tone of voice, pace of speech...it's more like he's discussing a business dilemma than making a desperate plea for his living, breathing son. The detachment I detect is astounding. Where is the grief????

He "seems" to break down at one point, but honestly...very honestly, it seems clearly forced to me. Very brief, surface, and ingenuine.

I really wish it weren't this way. It's embarrassing and disturbing beyond words to witness such a disaster of an interview, but I'm convinced he's not being truthful.

My sincere opinion.

And THAT is just sad, to me. Why is it causing trouble if your opinions are different than the majority? Why do you have to stop posting just because you don't agree with someone else's thoughts?

I've seen several good posters like you who just drop off the threads and stop posting altogether, people who have been here for years, and it's because some others are determined to be "right" and prove them "wrong." I've done it too, but it isn't fair. We should ALL have the right to our own opinions. If one can't disagree respectfully, then scroll on by, but dropping these little one-liners (like, the duct tape) right under a post that you disagree with is kind of silly, IMO.

Hang in there, Ransom! Your opinions are just as valid as anyone else's!

In regards to this case, though, why is everything the dad says torn apart and sometimes called a lie, yet everything the mom says is taken as fact? I don't get it. Women are way more vindictive and spiteful than men, so why should I believe everything she says and think the dad is lying? I know it's not likely she disappeared her son, but that doesn't make her Mother Theresa.

I just get tired of this :banghead:. I've never had to eat crow... I don't even know how to do that. I've never, ever had to issue some silly internet apology to anyone. I just don't go there. My choice. Others disagree. I get that. What I don't what to do (which is what I've been doing) is correcting mistaken postings (from good people, that mean well).

I've talked about MY cellphone in the Durango/Vallecito area... but that's JMO and means nothing. I've talked about that missing fishing pole. I don't even know the TYPE of fishing pole we are talking about. I DO fly fish that area. A fly rod breaks down into 4 parts. Here's a picture from Orvis: http://www.orvis.com/store/shop.aspx?dir_id=758&group_id=759&shop_id=2040.

The picture ^^^ shows the rod in 4 pieces. They break down like that. You don't walk anywhere with a fly rod put together. Does.not.happen.

Here's the Co. State fishing laws/rules/permits/regulations: you can do a "find" for Vallecito lake/creek. Or read the whole thing.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...Rs0EOj&sig=AHIEtbSMGakbubHnZ3FsvOO-c2HNdgq-zw

I DID ask my NM police dive member friend to come here and post with us. I gave him the link on Tuesday to this site. I heard from him tonight. He declined after reading here. I so wish he would've. Oh well....

Good heavens it's after midnight here. I really need to go to bed with snoring left brain husband.

Peace to everyone. I'm still :please: that Dylan is found safe somewhere.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...Rs0EOj&sig=AHIEtbQOaLigVlIF-q4Zw4rMtgIw7kpm_w

We discussed in some pages back about how Coloradans have interesting fashion attire (parka and shorts in the middle of the winter)....today I threw on capris and sandalswith a heavy coat, thought of you guys, heeehee

If he hurt Dylan, I'll feel like a real dupe because he seems sincere to me. Weary and heartbroken, too.

IMO- and through my education and experience, moving one's head from side to side is an indication of sincerity. I have to read body langauge much of the time- since I can't hear alot of what is being said without equipment.

With great thanks to Peachy:

Reporter: OK. So, thank you so much for speaking with me on camera, Mark.

Mark: You're welcome.

R: What's it been like?

M: Well, it's been a tough time for all of us. I know it's been difficult on me and I can only imagine how it's been for his mom and his brother and his family over in the Colorado Springs area. And we're doing everything we can to try and find Dylan and keep the focus on finding Dylan. And you know, I've been working with the investigators and to make sure all the bases are being covered on that end. And that's pretty much where I'm at with that. I mean I'm doing everything I know how to do.

R: I want to get this subject out of the way first. There's a lot of suspicion out there, even when Elaine went on ABC news...

M: Right.

R: She was... can you address that?

M: Um, well I can only imagine being the mother and the frustration of hearing about your son going missing. And you know, I can only think that has to do with lashing out and trying to find who is accountable for this in this situation. I've been working closely with the investigators to do what needed to be done because you know, he was last seen at my house. And there's rumors going around that he's been spotted by people. You know, our concern is that something has happened to the point now where we just want to keep in the public's eye, you know Dylan's face, keep the focus on Dylan. And you know, don't worry about me and everything's going to be alright on my end. But I know this is a troubling time for Elaine and my son Cory, I spoke with him last night and I'm surprised we were able to hook up today because one of the things we're trying to do is unite together. And I have my oldest son from the Phoenix area here and of course my brother is here. And we're trying to unite as a family and stay focused on what's important here. And you know everybody wants to focus on me but the focus isn't me right now. The focus is finding Dylan and that's where I'm at.

R: Why do you think people want to focus on you?

M: Well, because I think that's a natural part of the process and because you know, he was last seen with me and he was with me the night before. And you know, I saw him in the morning before I left to go run my errands. You know, that's the logical place to start. And so, it doesn't at all surprise me, you know that they searched my home yesterday because quite frankly, I was expecting that to happen a week ago. So, you know my opinion is that we're all a week late and in where were at with this. So my focus is what do we need to be doing now to keep searching for Dylan and bring him home.

R: Do you have anything directly to say to Dylan?

M: Dylan, my prayers are with you and I love you very much. He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me. And I just want him home just like everybody else does. And that's why we've got to keep searching for him. Because somebody knows something. We've got to find him and we need to know he's okay.

(Part 2 coming up)

When asked by a reporter if he had anything to say directly to Dylan, after one short sentence, he went to past tense.
"He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me."

I don't think this would be something I would say if I was asked to address a missing person directly and I thought that person was alive (kidnapped, held hostage, etc).

Thank you SO much, momrids6!!

Please thank Peachy- not me- my deafness does not require thanks :)

Peachy is the go to Scanner Pro- with over 32,400+ posts and much respect- she is phenomenal at transcription, a great friend- and a Great GA Dawg; GO Dawgs!

Thanks, that did clarify things a little for me. It would make sense to take his stuff with him if he was planning to be there for 2 days.

Ok, but it brings up another question. If Dylan was spending the night there, and if dad assumed everyrthing was fine when he came back at 11:30, then why drive down to the friends house and ask for Dylan?

Everyone is saying that dad came back at 11:30 and had no reason to worry, he'd just assume his son got a ride and was with his friends. So if Dylan was supposed to be there for 2 days, why did Dad drive over there?

"White Castle" is a fast food chain with many locations in states from Missouri eastward to the East Coast that specializes in "White Castles" aka "Belly Bombers" (little tiny yummy flat burgers or "sliders").

People love 'em or hate 'em.

Lesson learned: Never eat them while still suffering from the flu, no matter how yummy they sound to you.......*huge mistake.... :yuck:

Going back to bed.... {{{Praying for Dylan, Praying for answers, *soon}}}

Goodnite!

Also known as "Krystal Burgers" in certain parts of the country. The singing star Krystal Gail (sp?) opened up a chain of such stores a couple of decades ago.

Please elaborate, thanks. :)

I think he was sincere, tired beyond belief, he was there with the "spokeswoman" for the family in her store, he wants his son home, he's cooperating, glad his house was searched finally, etc. I'm glad I watched the uncut version. I watched the LIVE version here in NM where it was broadcast tonight.

I do not believe in the "statement analysis" b.s. of turn around, touch to toes, look to your left right and touch you nose .... stuff. Does my head in and is ludicrous IMO. I worked too many years with LE as a CPS worker in NM much less family members that were FBI, JAG, Fed. Marshalls, Sheriffs in 2 states, etc. JMO and all that.

Bed now. Night all.

If he hurt Dylan, I'll feel like a real dupe because he seems sincere to me. Weary and heartbroken, too.

I have to agree Bessie. He also seems to want LE to get him thoroughly investigated so they can move on and find his son.

Salem

With great thanks to Peachy:

Reporter: OK. So, thank you so much for speaking with me on camera, Mark.

Mark: You're welcome.

R: What's it been like?

M: Well, it's been a tough time for all of us. I know it's been difficult on me and I can only imagine how it's been for his mom and his brother and his family over in the Colorado Springs area. And we're doing everything we can to try and find Dylan and keep the focus on finding Dylan. And you know, I've been working with the investigators and to make sure all the bases are being covered on that end. And that's pretty much where I'm at with that. I mean I'm doing everything I know how to do.

R: I want to get this subject out of the way first. There's a lot of suspicion out there, even when Elaine went on ABC news...

M: Right.

R: She was... can you address that?

M: Um, well I can only imagine being the mother and the frustration of hearing about your son going missing. And you know, I can only think that has to do with lashing out and trying to find who is accountable for this in this situation. I've been working closely with the investigators to do what needed to be done because you know, he was last seen at my house. And there's rumors going around that he's been spotted by people. You know, our concern is that something has happened to the point now where we just want to keep in the public's eye, you know Dylan's face, keep the focus on Dylan. And you know, don't worry about me and everything's going to be alright on my end. But I know this is a troubling time for Elaine and my son Cory, I spoke with him last night and I'm surprised we were able to hook up today because one of the things we're trying to do is unite together. And I have my oldest son from the Phoenix area here and of course my brother is here. And we're trying to unite as a family and stay focused on what's important here. And you know everybody wants to focus on me but the focus isn't me right now. The focus is finding Dylan and that's where I'm at.

R: Why do you think people want to focus on you?

M: Well, because I think that's a natural part of the process and because you know, he was last seen with me and he was with me the night before. And you know, I saw him in the morning before I left to go run my errands. You know, that's the logical place to start. And so, it doesn't at all surprise me, you know that they searched my home yesterday because quite frankly, I was expecting that to happen a week ago. So, you know my opinion is that we're all a week late and in where were at with this. So my focus is what do we need to be doing now to keep searching for Dylan and bring him home.

R: Do you have anything directly to say to Dylan?

M: Dylan, my prayers are with you and I love you very much. He was the light of my life and he meant everything to me. And I just want him home just like everybody else does. And that's why we've got to keep searching for him. Because somebody knows something. We've got to find him and we need to know he's okay.

(Part 2 coming up)

Within the first 1:30 minutes of this media interview, MR seemed intent on making it known that he has been "working with investigators".

Why is it so important to him that the public knows that he has been "working with investigators"?

The only people that need to know he's been cooperating with investigators are the investigators themselves, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry