CA - Christopher Dorner kills 4 in tri-county rampage, Feb 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Bear is generally not a cold area for long. The snowfall last night was not typical. Right now it is 34 degrees and sunny. In the sun, you get very warm! It's not Alaska or even close. It's a tiny little town/area. Very easy to get up and down the mountain. It's not very rough terrain at all. We were up there over Christmas and when the sun pops out, it is very warm. Many people in t-shirts when it's sunny.

Who knows..maybe Dorner had someone else drive his truck up there? I just wish there was legitimate sighting of him.

Maybe he had one of those little 2 man lawn mower engine type airplanes like Drew Peterson had. Or, maybe there is a similar helicopter type version. Probably just flew on out of there before they ever found the truck.

If he did have the chance to get off the mountain, he had to have stolen a vehicle or carjacked/kidnapped someone. We should know very soon if that happened, imo. Someone is going to be reported missing after a few days or someone is going to go to their cabin and find their truck missing. JMO

eta: Unless he did have a motorcycle in his pick up bed, and used it to escape the night before his truck burned up.

Now you made me think about (The Condor) Robert Redford & Faye Dunaway movie.:waitasec:

SAT FEB 9, 2013, 11:50 PM
SEARCH FOR CHRISTOPHER DORNER
2N10 FRST / CLUB VIEW DR, BIG BEAR LAKE
THIS INCIDENT PINNED TO THE TOP. SEE MORE RECENT INCIDENTS BELOW THIS ONE.

TACTICAL TEAMS WERE DISPATCHED TO THE AREA OF BEAR MOUNTAIN AT AROUND 10:15AM ON THURSDAY

MANHUNT IN THE MOUNTAINS OF BIG BEAR FOR CHRISTOPHER DORNER WHOS VEHICLE WAS FOUND BURNT OUT (MOSTLY DESTROYED) EARLY THURSDAY MORNING.

FIRST DISPATCHED AS A VEHICLE FIRE AT 9:40AM ON THURSDAY. CLUB VIEW DR AT 2N10 - BBL *STAGE* X SO ON SCENE VEHICLE WAS ON FIRE LAST NIGHT AND STILL SMOKING NOW SO OS
NOTE: US FOREST SERVICE HAS BEEN REQUESTED TO RESPOND TO THIS INCIDENT
NOTE: STAGE OUT OF THE AREA AND AWAIT LAW ENFORCEMENT
ME96 FEDCOM MT281 MIS BE281 MA281 BC3105 FROM BIG BEAR LAKE FIRE RESPONDING

FIRST DISPATCHED AS A VEHICLE FIRE AT 9:40AM ON THURSDAY. CLUB VIEW DR AT 2N10 - BBL *STAGE* X SO ON SCENE VEHICLE WAS ON FIRE LAST NIGHT AND STILL SMOKING NOW SO OS
http://socalmountains.com/incident/

So he set the truck on fire Wednesday night????? It was not snowing and storming then, IIRC. So he could have gotten off of the mountain several hours before his truck was
even discovered.

Maybe he had one of those little 2 man lawn mower engine type airplanes like Drew Peterson had. Or, maybe there is a similar helicopter type version. Probably just flew on out of there before they ever found the truck.

He says he has a SA7 manpod and a 50 cal, I wonder if he is carrying those up the mountain?

Just FYI...we aren't suppose to post or talk about things up here, from down there in the other thread.

Big Bear is generally not a cold area for long. The snowfall last night was not typical. Right now it is 34 degrees and sunny. In the sun, you get very warm! It's not Alaska or even close. It's a tiny little town/area. Very easy to get up and down the mountain. It's not very rough terrain at all. We were up there over Christmas and when the sun pops out, it is very warm. Many people in t-shirts when it's sunny.

Who knows..maybe Dorner had someone else drive his truck up there? I just wish there was legitimate sighting of him.
That's daytime temps. I was there last winter when it ranged from 9-16 degrees during the day and it snowed in the daytime. It's only easy to get up and down the mountain if you have a vehicle. I don't believe he does, and he's taking the off-roads (forest service roads) which are rough terrain. I've also off-roaded it there.

17m NewsBreaker ‏@newsbreaker
UPDATE: Sources: Dorner had storage locker in Buena Park; search warrant has been served http://bit.ly/12BOPQS - @ABC7
In case someone wants to find that article later, it is located at:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/inland_empire&id=8986608

Inland Empire News
Chris Dorner manhunt: Weapons found in truck
Saturday, February 09, 2013

By Rob McMillan and Melissa MacBride

"BIG BEAR LAKE, Calif. (KABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned weapons were found in Chris Dorner's burned truck amid the massive manhunt for him in Big Bear.

Sources told Eyewitness News on Saturday that two AR-15 rifles were found in Dorner's truck, and the truck had a broken axle. Sources also said that Dorner had a storage locker in Buena Park. A search warrant was served at the storage facility during the early morning hours.

This came as a search for the suspected cop killer resumed on Saturday, which marks day three in the massive manhunt."

More...

Attention Please!

I thought you more seasoned peeps knew better than to discuss scanner chatter in the open forum! :nono: You've just made work for the mods, because now we have to go though and delete all posts related to such.

Please keep all scanner discussion in the proper forum.

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8834723#post8834723"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

TIA
fran

I think this might be a map of the precise location where the truck was found burning. (Something I have been wanting to know.) I have not taken time to further check it out yet. This whole website looks interesting.

http://socalmountains.com/incident/index.php?i=17338

Hi i.b.nora -- that is my "go to" web site when we have wildfires near me. It's also the first site to report finding the truck.

CNN just showed exclusive video surveillance of CD putting items into a dumpster in an alley behind a business that is located right across the street from the police department. Did anyone else see this and happen to catch what area this was in? TIA ~

Sorry, meant to add that some of the items recovered from the dumpster included a magazine clip and a helmet...

CNN just showed exclusive video surveillance of CD putting items into a dumpster in an alley behind a business that is located right across the street from the police department. Did anyone else see this and happen to catch what area this was in? TIA ~

I saw an interview with a store owner in National City. His employee took out the trash one night and found ammo clips and a helmet, I believe, in the dumpster. The owner called LE and they looked at his surveillance footage and saw CD on there dumoping that stuff. I think it was on Monday night. But I am not sure about that.

Actually, we don't know that he isn't running around like DC sniper. He allegedly killed a cop that was in a car stopped by the red light. So any random cop could be a target. He doesn't have to know the cops, and they don't have to know him. And there are lots of cops looking for him. So that makes for a lot of targets.

Yes, but jjenny, those were his targets...I'm not LE. So I'm not a target. As I said to someone else, nowhere on his manifesto does he say he's targeting middle aged, middle weight, white suburbanite RNs.

He is narrow in his selection - LE and their families. Not just anyone; not just folks going to the market or the park. The DC sniper was targeting "just anyone." No rhyme or reason (note: I'm not saying justification...) to DC Sniper...whomever he chose that day, for his own reasons, was shot.

This guy is not doing that. Dorner has a very specific list of people he is targeting.

I've said before, and I'll say it again...he's not the Night Stalker or the Hillside Stranglers. He's not even Manson and crew. He's not the usual serial killer or rampage killer. He's not going to come into my house in the middle of the night and rape and kill me, just because I live on a corner.

No, this guy is far more dangerous to a limited segment of the population...and I don't fall within his parameters. I believe he is disciplined enough, and specifically angry enough, to target LE and their families, and also perhaps naval officers and perhaps catholic leaders (he mentioned Cardinal Mahoney).

He is rampaging, but he is targeting those folks that he believes have committed crimes, in whatever sense that is.

I am in danger all the time in this city. My (late) father had a roommate who was carjacked in the same driveway I pull into daily. I was recently assaulted at a dog park. But this guy? No, I'm not on his radar...not in the least.

BTW, nothing I've said should ever be construed as supporting Dorner. Not in the least. I think he's wrong, and I agree, he is evil. But he's not a Lanza...he's not insane. He's calculating and plotting, and I suspect he's in my city now...but he's not going to go into a school and shoot up classrooms of kids just because.

No, he's got a strict code of ethics (not ethics I agree with, but still...), and he will limit himself to those targets he's already named.

And, of course I could be wrong. I could be his next target. But I don't think so...I just don't think so.

Best-
Herding Cats

I am sorry, but LE are humans too. I don't understand the argument that it's somehow better than DC sniper because he is targeting those in LE. And he already made it clear that those unnamed LE are his target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freedomfinders