Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 7TH DAY #40 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so tired of listening to boyfriend-girlfriend arguing.

THAT IS ALL IT AMOUNTS TO !!!

Careful ... I think that's what the DT wants the jury to believe.

A whole lot is being revealed about the vile undercurrent flowing in their relationship [a la BritsKate's and others' posts on relationships with psychopaths!]

These texts are very revealing. JMO.

She's so sneaky; she even managed to get in that she slept in the u-haul one night before leaving Mesa.

A lot of discussion about this trial just being about life or death. Could Jodi not have gotten a deal to plead guilty, if the death penalty was taken off the table? I thought most states did that now just to save the cost of the trial, and the guarenteed appeals, if successful in getting the DP.
Also, when you are dating, and the alarm goes off in your head, Oh no, she's a psycho!
Get a restraining order and a gun. Change the locks and computer passwords. Give one notice, 'don't ever let me see you around here again'. AND nail the doggie door shut.
I think most nut jobs like the back and forth, as much as the relationship. End it. Period. This is my experience, and I have never dated anyone close to a Jodi.
I think the sex was the problem. Seems like Travis was a little slow getting started, and when he hooked up with Jodi, he was totally overwhelmed. Most 30 yr olds would be somewhat over that, and realize there is plenty more out there, that are not crazy. He wasn't to that point yet. And it seems like what he wanted for a wife, was not going to be into the pre-marital sex.
BBM. Jodi is a whole other brand of crazy. She puts crazy emotional women to shame. If you had dated someone like her then you'd know that she is a wholllllle other story...but you haven't so.....anyway I think it's already been brought up many times how pieces of paper don't stop determined crazy angry people. They don't respond to niceness or meanness either....many women in this same situation have turned up dead in spite of what they did so there is no guarantee that even if Travis did all that it would have stopped her. That's a dead horse, I won't beat it again...either people get it or they don't.

Sure Jodi could have taken a deal...she offered a deal of guilty to 2nd degree murder. The prosecutor has a reputation for not accepting deals anyway and the defense suggesting this deal is disgusting. I am glad the state did not accept it. She deserves death or LWOP at the very least for what she has done.

Oh, I think if she was upset enough to want to kill herself if she couldn't have him and shot him instead she would have shot herself next....not stabbed him repeatedly and then cut his throat. Afterwards bothering to clean up after herself. People in a suicidal condition don't care about clean up, or deleting pictures of herself from his camera. It would be the prosecutor's which if she'd go that route. So easy to disprove. jmo

I think she is going to say she went there to kill herself because they need to place the gun in the bathroom.

I don't believe she was ever suicidal.

I think we'll get served a steaming pile of suicidal fog with a side of wrath whenever it is that she finally gets to what we want to hear.

What time does it come back on? And please respond in "GREEN WITCH" time. Bwahahahaha!

Can you explain briefly the legal differences in the murder charges?

TIA

Felony murder doesn't require premeditation, and allows a sentence of "25 to life" instead of "natural life," and cannot be the basis for a death sentence UNLESS the person did the actual killing, intended for the killing to occur, or acted with extreme indifference toward human life.

Here, there is no question Jodi did the actual killing, of course.

ETA: Oh, and of course felony murder requires that the killing take place in the course of committing a felony (in this case, second degree burglary for entering or remaining in Travis's home after a point where she was no longer a welcome guest).

Mari Fagel‏@MariFagel

#JodiArias jurors swiveling chairs, stretching limbs, cracking necks, leaning heads on hands...defense drawn out direct is boring them

Well Amen to that! Shouldn't the Mediator lady with the huge pearl earrings tell Nurmi to start wrapping it up now??? He is obviously losing (or has lost) the jury now.

Come on Nurmi. :furious:

I'd bet they're clear. I'd like to see JM snatch them off her noggin and look through them and then show them to the judge!!

You tink your fonny butchur not!!
smiley-violent037.gif

bbm

Notice how she takes them off to read. Yes, yes, she could be near-sighted. Maybe she needs them to drive and to look at the jury.

They make her look like The Church Lady, IMHO, to wit:

images

Why in the world was I thinking they always had intercourse?????

I guess because he was not a virgin after he met Jodi.

HOW in the world did she get him not to have intercourse with her all the time? You would think after how inexperienced he is, He would want intercourse all the time.

She has worn several different pairs of glasses since the trial started. None of them show any distortion that you see on anyone with prescription lenses. I say they are purely cosmetic as a ruse to subtly influence the jurors in her favor.

Then again, if I were her attorney, I would advise her to do the same. It's strategy.

from what I have read, there is documentation at the jail of her eye doc and RX for the glasses.

Yep i will NEVER view juries the same way after the Anthony case. The whole time I had so much respect for them...then i find out they didnt even listen to the prosecution side...much less deliberate. That was a hard lesson to learn.

I agree. But that was different. IMO, they rushed that entire case... and they should of never kept that jury sequestered.

This jury is like going into a job every day. They have a job to do, and at the end of the day they can go home and resume normal life with families.

The point I keep trying to make, and so obviously failing at, is that being in a relationship with a psychopath brings out a darker part of who you are. You do things you would never consider yourself capable of. It's part of the process. Where on superficial levels it would appear as addiction or desire, an insidious process of manipulation, gaslighting, crazy-making, and brainwashing is occurring. It doesn't necessarily mean you don't *want* to but rather the reasons you would want to are often sullied in my opinion.

Jodi would've fed off of bringing out Travis' darker side - or on a more basic level - being more powerful and potent than his own faith in her mind. As such she would have specifically and strategically manufactured and engineered events, manipulated and coerced him, to provide situations to feed her. Any embarrassment, shame, or debasement of Travis' morals really would have been icing on her psychopathic cupcake.

On point as usual.

Psychopaths excel in the mindf***. Brain chemistry changes. If anyone was in a PTSD fog, it was Travis.

Poor Travis fed the beast every time he responded to her no matter what he said .. disengage disengage disengage, the only way to get away from someone like this is to starve them to death with zero information, or if something does make its way to them KEEP IT BORING.

ITA! 100%. She is very scary to me. I can't imagine what was going on in her mind through all of the stalking and manipulations. Creepier than "Fatal Attraction," IMO, and who didn't feel relieved when Glen Close's character was finally put to death. She's a very dangerous woman, JA.

Speaking of Fatal Attraction, every time I think of that, "I will not be ignored, (Dan?)!" - I think of JA's text to RB where she's explaining going into Travis' cell and reading texts from girls and telling RB about her suspicion that Travis was cheating on her. "One that I cannot ignore."

Creeps me the heck out every time I think about it. Yikes.

O/T a bit, but JC on IS is talking about the premeditation. Have any of the TH's ever mentioned the hair-color purchases on the Walmart receipt? Seems an easy car to counteract her claims of being a brunette in Yreka before her trip to Mesa.... IMO

There was a lot of discussion about the Walmart receipt over the weekend. I think it was pretty conclusively established that there was no hair color on that receipt. What some speculated was hair color seems to have been sunscreen.

[[ Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
So during the one year, eight months JA knew Travis, she dated:

-Was with Darryl when she met Travis, dumped him w/in 4 days.
-Made out with Abe Abdelhadi
-Spent 2 hours in in a married man's car (who wanted to leave his wife)
-John Dixon
-Sam
-Steve Carrol (sp?)
-Met and started things with Ryan Byrnes/Burns

... that we know of...

Did I miss anyone?

Would almost guarantee there are others we aren't aware of.]]

- the guy that drove her to the car rental place? (or is he among those mentioned above?

What man, woman, or masochist would get up at 5 am to drive you 100 miles to rent a car when there are heaps of car rental places right where you are to start with if there isnt a little something something in it for them? Whoever it was, did we hear from them during the state's case?

We're not going to get to the murder today, guys. Not while there's still one text out there. Every one of them must be reviewed and talked about ad nauseam. No text left behind!!

Oh, I think if she was upset enough to want to kill herself if she couldn't have him and shot him instead she would have shot herself next....not stabbed him repeatedly and then cut his throat. Afterwards bothering to clean up after herself. People in a suicidal condition don't care about clean up, or deleting pictures of herself from his camera. It would be the prosecutor's wish if she decided to go that route. So easy to disprove. jmo

Don't forget her damning attempt at padding her cell phone alibi. Calling Travis hours after his death to tell him that her cell phone battery "died" and that she got lost driving miles in the wrong direction on her way to Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ServerNotResponding