CA/Canada - Elisa Lam - 21 years old - Los Angeles/Vancouver - 31-Jan-2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stated in an earlier post that I didn't put a lot of faith in the alarm working for the roof exit. Past experience in various old buildings and the Cecil being run half A#%#sed leads me to believe that it was quite possible to gain access to the roof via that door. However, let's say it was a resident, not an employee and that the door was alarmed,then it would make sense to use the fire escape. Now let's look at the fire escapes for the building, specifically, the inside courtyard fire escape. (Not really sure how else to explain where I mean but hope you can figure out what I am talking about) It makes more sense to use that one because the chances of being seen are much lower. Late at night, say 3-4 in the morning you go up the fire escape and dispose of the body. Is there a room on the 15th floor that has direct access? I'm thinking that might be the one in hall. Who has rooms in that general area? Where any empty ? It can't be difficult to enter a room that isn't bolted from the inside in that hotel. The doors in the videos look pretty flimsy and in several reviews it states that. Could someone that works there have taken her to an empty room on the 15th floor? Hid her body, then moved it when they thought the coast was clear?

Say they did use a duffle bag via the fire escape, I must admit though that even the strongest of men would have issues climbing 15 stories in the air on a fire escape with a dead girl strapped to their back. I can only think that the adrenaline rush from knowing you have no other option to get rid of the body would make a person continue with this plan.

Nevertheless...

What are you suggesting? roughly u mentioned the drug/anti drug called ELISA LAM? regarding Tuberculosis right? Its just an abbreviation.

I was just reading about this TB stuff in LA right now. Pretty fcked up. I see no connection with Elisa besides that maybe she caught the disease and it was causing her to act messed up? GIven i dont know much about the disease

anybody else following this? The whole "the invisible light agency" thing??

At 3.38 in the Elisa footage, look at the elevator buttons. The one that turns off (right as the door opens, not midway like it does at 3.14) is 7. So floor 7 is orange and is a Cecil floor.

I'm confused though. If she is on floor 12, hits 14,10,7,4,M etc...and it goes up to 14....... Does that mean that she hit the "going up" elevator hail button initially? Does the elevator go to the first button you push first that is in the direction (up or down) that you initially selected, and then down to the rest of them? Lol I guess I don't understand basic elevator operation.

I understand now why she must've been on 15, 11, or 12. If only someone could take pictures of the floors for us.

Turk Friday, looking at the floor photos we have, and taking your red saturation into consideration, it must be the lighting in the hallway that is effecting the colours, since inside the elevator her hoodie is a vivid red, and you can make out other colours too. Fwiw I believe the floor 15 is a brown colour.

What I'm confused about, however, is why at floor 14 the wall looks the same dull tone as the floor Elisa was on, considering in the other video it's such a vivid green:

When she's in the hallway you can still tell her hoodie is red. On floor 7, the orange is vivid.

Looking at the footage video again, but focusing on the other buttons this time, I see a change in button 10 as well as 14. 10 goes dimmer too, and at just when the door is opening, like later on floor 7..... but 14 is more dramatic.see what I mean? So is it possible that this is actually level 10 at 3.12?

Another thing is the refracting light bouncing off the elevator walls.....if you watch around the end, all the buttons look brighter then around 3.42 the light changes so dramatically that the buttons on the right go totally dark after the door opens. Light is escaping the elevator and not illuminating the inside as well as it does when the door is closed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I suspect he told reporters that he heard a ruckus above him the night before and they assumed he was on the 3rd floor below Elisa's 4th floor room. Having him on the 14th floor and hearing the ruckus above him closer to the roof does seem to make more sense.

But then again, is it verified that Elisa's room was on the 4th floor or was that assumed because this resident was supposedly on the 3rd floor?

Did he not mention that there was flooding on the floor above his, floor 4???? And that there was an obstruction between floors 3 and 4???? Or did reporters assume the flood was on 4 because of the obstruction talk, when in reality he meant it was th floor above him.

I'm sure people can move to different rooms if better ones become available as well, so no guarantee he's been in the same room for any extended period of time.

I wonder if B****** D***'s 14th floor room is directly beneath the water tank?

(Didn't say his name because I'm not sure if it violates the rules, but you know the guy who heard the ruckus.)

Shes on the 14th floor. Strange. My reasoning for that and i believe the consensus reasoning has been this.
She pushes all of the buttons in the middle row. 14 Never Lights up. It doesnt light up because shes on 14.

What are you suggesting? roughly u mentioned the drug/anti drug called ELISA LAM? regarding Tuberculosis right? Its just an abbreviation.

I was just reading about this TB stuff in LA right now. Pretty fcked up. I see no connection with Elisa besides that maybe she caught the disease and it was causing her to act messed up? GIven i dont know much about the disease

anybody else following this? The whole "the invisible light agency" thing??

My personal opinion is that it's a red herring.

Did he not mention that there was flooding on the floor above his, floor 4???? And that there was an obstruction between floors 3 and 4???? Or did reporters assume the flood was on 4 because of the obstruction talk, when in reality he meant it was th floor above him.

I'm sure people can move to different rooms if better ones become available as well, so no guarantee he's been in the same room for any extended period of time.

I remember seeing the room of the black guy (sexual offender) and it didnt seem like he was packing up and going anywhere soon. You guys know the guy im referring to? what floor is he on?

This is what I have a problem with. It sounds like malarkey. ********. These are things that are PROBABLY SUPPOSED TO BE THE CASE but arent necessarily. Especially in a run down hotel like this - and especially because of all the action on the roof we see.

EXACTLY! Those are the things that the hotel says to save face. Otherwise people would complain right away, and rightfully so, "Why are you not doing this?" Clearly people can and have gotten up to the roof.

I also have experience with doors that are meant to be kept shut being propped open and used for quick smoking breaks. As we all can see, people should be doing the right thing and following the rules as they are there for a reason.

At 3.38 in the Elisa footage, look at the elevator buttons. The one that turns off (right as the door opens, not midway like it does at 3.14) is 7. So floor 7 is orange and is a Cecil floor.

I'm confused though. If she is on floor 12, hits 14,10,7,4,M etc...and it goes up to 14....... Does that mean that she hit the "going up" elevator hail button initially? Does the elevator go to the first button you push first that is in the direction (up or down) that you initially selected, and then down to the rest of them? Lol I guess I don't understand basic elevator operation.

I understand now why she must've been on 15, 11, or 12. If only someone could take pictures of the floors for us.

Turk Friday, looking at the floor photos we have, and taking your red saturation into consideration, it must be the lighting in the hallway that is effecting the colours, since inside the elevator her hoodie is a vivid red, and you can make out other colours too. Fwiw I believe the floor 15 is a brown colour.

What I'm confused about, however, is why at floor 14 the wall looks the same dull tone as the floor Elisa was on, considering in the other video it's such a vivid green:

When she's in the hallway you can still tell her hoodie is red. On floor 7, the orange is vivid.

Looking at the footage video again, but focusing on the other buttons this time, I see a change in button 10 as well as 14. 10 goes dimmer too, and at just when the door is opening, like later on floor 7..... but 14 is more dramatic.see what I mean? So is it possible that this is actually level 10 at 3.12?

Another thing is the refracting light bouncing off the elevator walls.....if you watch around the end, all the buttons look brighter then around 3.42 the light changes so dramatically that the buttons on the right go totally dark after the door opens. Light is escaping the elevator and not illuminating the inside as well as it does when the door is closed.

By the way, I recall the 7th floor having a dark green wallpaper.

Still looking into this though. I mean, if she was really on the 15th floor -- this changes things dramatically.

Why?

Because if somebody had room situated with a fire escape entrance at the window, including that there is a fire escape exit located in the hallway as well;

That means it would be easier for the suspect (or Elisa Lam?) to climb up the rooftop without any detection from the other floors or residents staying on hotel rooms situated with a fire escape next to their windows. I'm sure scaling up the fire escape would make a lot of noise. (note the loud tremendous noise Bernard Diaz heard that night Elisa Lam went missing)

Look at this picture and see what I mean. Notice where the ladders (that are hanging above the metal grate floor about 4-5 ft up) are located on the fire escape stairwells.

They are on the 15th floor.

6a00d8341c630a53ef017c36fb1845970b-640wi

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlnOqmzwZuQ"]Cecil Hotel- downtown Los Angeles CA - YouTube[/ame]

Fast forward to 2:05 at this video above to see the fire escape in the hotel room. There is a metal grate covering the access from the windows.

And here is the fire escape exit located on every floor hallway

1361523850-310889429_n.jpg

I remember seeing the room of the black guy (sexual offender) and it didnt seem like he was packing up and going anywhere soon. You guys know the guy im referring to? what floor is he on?

I was talking about the elderly guy, mr. D

My understanding was the hotel has been renovating slowly since 2007/2008.
If you look at the video below from last summer the 14th floor was painted orange. You know it's the 14th floor when she shows the key to her room in the 0.37 secs. I don't believe the stay is on floor 7. I think the stay has murals on the wall instead of just a solid color.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlnOqmzwZuQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Cecil Hotel- downtown Los Angeles CA - YouTube[/ame]

Also:

At 1:21 on the tape I believe i see the time stamp read 1:23AM Anyone else see that?

and

Couldnt dying face up signify air in the lungs? Or I mean her being found face up meaning air in the lungs? I really feel like she entered the tank on her own accord and suffocated. Perhaps this would cause this?

My roommate is sure IHO that she died from asfixiation or however its spelled

He's on the 10th floor

He definitely said he heard a loud thump and there was flooding above him the day after Elisa went missing. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...er-womans-body-found-in-hotel-water-tank.html

I found his address too and it's on the 14th floor. I'm starting to wonder if Elisa was on the 15th floor all along. Although it is possible that he could have recently moved to the 3rd floor.

By the way, I recall the 7th floor having a dark green wallpaper.

Still looking into this though. I mean, if she was really on the 15th floor -- this changes thing dramatically.

Why?

Because if somebody had room situated with a fire escape entrance at the window, including that there is a fire escape exit located in the hallway as well;

That means it would be easier for the suspect (or Elisa Lam?) to climb up the rooftop without any detection from the other floors or residents staying on hotel rooms situated with a fire escape next to their windows. I'm sure scaling up the fire escape would make a lot of noise. (note the loud tremendous noise Bernard Diaz heard that night Elisa Lam went missing)

Look at this picture and see what I mean. Notice where the ladders (that are hanging above the metal grate floor about 4-5 ft up) are located on the fire escape stairwells.

They are on the 15th floor.

6a00d8341c630a53ef017c36fb1845970b-640wi

So true.

How do you remember the 7th floor as being green? From a photo or a past visit?

Does anybody know how to find out what room numbers are on which floors? We could use that as a cross reference for the floors shown in videos,

Also, you posted a tour that I was unable to watch as it's unavailable on mobile devices. Did you catch the floor colour or number?

My understanding was the hotel has been renovating slowly since 2007/2008.
If you look at the video below from last summer the 14th floor was painted orange. You know it's the 14th floor when she shows the key to her room in the 0.37 secs. I don't believe the stay is on floor 7. I think the stay has murals on the wall instead of just a solid color.

Cecil Hotel- downtown Los Angeles CA - YouTube

You wanna talk about building renos... Did anyone else notice one elevator had a wicked badass new camera in one of the hotel tours? Ill look back but i think it was the latest posts I believe someone found on reddit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SweetCandy