trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you just hate when a post goes missing?

AVL said she spent forty four hours with Jodi. Just that was eleven thousand dollars, then add how many hours she spent researching (did she pull out her old Cosmos and Redbook and watched talk shows and lifetime movies?), and then that three hundred dollars an hour to give her opinion of a cherry picked texts and emails is such an insult to Travis and his family.

You add the obscene amount the state has paid RS and ( and his downtime,wonder how much of that was billed?)the crap he spewed and their experts sure had made out like bandits. Then you add in JW and KN and JW's paralegal you have quite a parasite draining the host. I still have a hard time with states having to pay for the defense they have to fight against.

All I can get out of psycho babble is Jodi's mother now is claiming DV and FV, so she abused Jodi which made Jodi aggressive? and that's OK, but Travis who grew up (JW really hit my hate list that day) in horrid conditions and circumstances made him aggressive also but made him an abuser. And to learn that if you let someone get into your panties and they don't call you that it's abuse. Ladies all those bad choices are not your fault. It's theirs and they abused you!

I'm sorry I'm pissed at how much has been spent to make excuses for a whiny, vindictive, jealous, manipulative, trash talking, stalking murderer who is just a woman scorned seeking vengeance on a man that wanted someone else. AND then to hear that Katie (heard it was false? This is gorgeous KatieDD juror?) was on Jodi bad list was to much to hear today.

Jodi has pissed me off this week. What a waste of time and money on her.

Well, I think Flores needs to watch the court TV split screen of Jodi and watch her reactions. Investigate what she gets animated about....it is usually a lie.

I've noticed that she has had a specific 'no way that happened' look in three instances while answering jury questions.

1. When asked whether she was jealous about the Cancun trip.
2. When asked how the casing landed on blood if the gun shot was first.
3. When asked about the gas cans...she says she returned the third one.

If you believed an ounce of any of this, it could be argued that she purposely tried to get him mad enough to come after her, so that she could kill him and claim self-defense. I mean after all she had been warned, and felt threatened and yet she CHOSE to go to his home. She wasn't married, wasn't dating him at the time, no kids, no need to be there.

ALV says if you are a victim of your car being broken into people make you feel wrong if you left your window down. Ok, so if you continue to park in the same place and continue to leave your window down and your car keeps getting broken into, are you still the victim?

Can you now take it upon yourself to show up and shoot and stab them while they are breaking in instead of calling 911...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh a man was murdered for goodness sakes and these witnesses r getting to play mind games

Another part of the testimony money that made me bristle. Although we do see people blame the victim of crimes, this idea that people shouldn't have to play any role in protecting themselves upsets me. Asking if someone left their window open or doors unlocked may seem insensitive at the time, but it is part of how you determine how the crime unfolded in the first place. It's not about stating that the perpetrator is fine in committing the crime, it's about playing "defense" and protecting yourself from those people in the first place. And, it's not as if I hold this standard for everyone but myself. When I was a teen, I left my cell phone in our car by accident, someone broke the window and stole the phone. What did I learn from that? Make sure you don't leave your valuables where people can see them. Does that mean that the theft was OK? No. Would it have happened if I had taken the cell phone with me? No. It IS why we lock our windows and doors at night, park in a well lit area, and all of the other precautionary things we do.

I guess I just feel like people have more power than they think and should be taught to exert it.

I have always assumed the license plate was put upside once she got to Utah (or nearby) on purpose so she could get pulled over... since an upside down license plate is eye catching.... then laughed "oh my friends must be playing a joke on me" and then there, now its on record she was nowhere near Travis at that time.

What are your opinions? I didnt realize (i must be slow :blushing:)that it was thought she did that to not be noticed near Travis house. Wouldnt the upside down plate stand out more if thats the case?

I find the business about the license plate(s) confusing. If she got pulled over, it certainly would establish her alibi. BUT, if I have my geography correct, she should have been heading to SLC/West Jordan from Southern Calif., through Las Vegas, I think, if she was going to maintain her story. That means getting stopped by LE anywhere not on the route to SLC and she would have had a problem.

Don't you just hate when a post goes missing?

AVL said she spent forty four hours with Jodi. Just that was eleven thousand dollars, then add how many hours she spent researching (did she pull out her old Cosmos and Redbook and watched talk shows and lifetime movies?), and then that three hundred dollars an hour to give her opinion of a cherry picked texts and emails is such an insult to Travis and his family.

You add the obscene amount the state has paid RS and ( and his downtime,wonder how much of that was billed?)the crap he spewed and their experts sure had made out like bandits. Then you add in JW and KN and JW's paralegal you have quite a parasite draining the host. I still have a hard time with states having to pay for the defense they have to fight against.

All I can get out of psycho babble is Jodi's mother now is claiming DV and FV, so she abused Jodi which made Jodi aggressive? and that's OK, but Travis who grew up (JW really hit my hate list that day) in horrid conditions and circumstances made him aggressive also but made him an abuser. And to learn that if you let someone get into your panties and they don't call you that it's abuse. Ladies all those bad choices are not your fault. It's theirs and they abused you!

I'm sorry I'm pissed at how much has been spent to make excuses for a whiny, vindictive, jealous, manipulative, trash talking, stalking murderer. AND then to hear that Katie (heard it was false? This is gorgeous KatieDD juror?) was on Jodi bad list was to much to hear today.

Jodi has pissed me off this week. What a waste of time and money for her.

But just know this-All that money will have been wasted if you ask me.It will not keep her off DR-JMO
I don't know if the taxs payers are paying their bill,if so I feel for them!

I am very liberal when it comes to this. Doesn't matter man or woman.

I've tried to flip the scenario (ie: Travis brutally killing Jodi) and the pieces don't fit.

He never once makes an attempt to visit her when she moved back to Yreka.

Jodi pursued Travis, even while she tried to manipulate Travis with all these men who wanted her. Travis was trying to move on and find a wife.

The lack of "defensive" wounds on JA tells me everything I need to know about TA propensity for violence - rather, the lack thereof. He didn't even attack her when she was hell bent on killing him.

But Travis isn't here to defend himself and say he was not aware he was being taped. She's deviously smart. :furious:
So all we have is JA's word. :banghead:

The assumption is he was not aware and not made aware then. We have the same laws here. When you call a government agency etc. a recorded voice announces that the call will be recorded (usually for training purposes, etc.). You have the option of hanging up. By staying on the line, you've agreed to the recording of the call. A citizen recording calls after picking up the phone or recording calls they are placing, must announce that fact at the onset. JA didn't that I've heard.

JA's word means nothing. A rising star in any profession wouldn't agree to allow their stalking ex to record phone sex, especially during a timeframe where his Bishop was aware that TA was struggling with celibacy. I refuse to believe TA was that stupid.

HLN, specifically "After Dark", is not only stooping to an all new low for ratings with this program, but IMO they are potentially helping the defense.

They've somehow managed (wont go there) to get some experienced, very successful trial attorneys, some of which are extremely good at what they do (why joey jackson!) to argue specific aspects of case in these mock trials for the sake of entertainment.

They might as well be composing a collection of arguments that address each point of contention for the lesser astute (again, imo) KN and JW to follow in their own closing argument. It makes me sick and I feel a need to do more than just tune out in protest.

Is it remotely possible that they arent aware people HATE the concept of this show? Would an avalanche of negative mails or a petition matter? I might have to start one, as soon as I figure out how lol

I am in total agreement with you and have voiced this same opinion on this site. I also believe that HLN has stooped to the lowest of lows and think the concept is ridiculous. I'd like to put my own "Bold Accusation" out there against HLN ... but I shall refrain because my feelings are so raw right now. I think it would be a great idea to flood HLN with hate mail about this After Dark show. If you get something going, I am definitely on board. I have a feeling people might be writing in about this, but we never hear about. Let's getter goin' !! :rocker:

We are talking about CA and AZ...border states that have loads of crossover.

I don't think for one second anyone would notice a California plate.

A Minnesota plate? A Maine plate? A South Carolina plate? Sure, maybe. But a CA plate? Nah. Common place in AZ.

IMO anyway. Having lived in CA for a good portion of my life, an AZ plate wouldn't cause me to think twice. And I didn't live in Southern California!

But she could have been covering her butt in making sure none of his friends or neighbors happened to see a California license plate while she was sneaking in and out of the house. Taking herself totally out of the picture, or anything to mention California were they knew she lived.

Is there any way to find out what the titles of the four books are that LaV sent to JA? Does the jail keep records? I am wondering if any of those books related to DV victims and/or PTSD etc.

We are talking about CA and AZ...border states that have loads of crossover.

I don't think for one second anyone would notice a California plate.

A Minnesota plate? A Maine plate? A South Carolina plate? Sure, maybe. But a CA plate? Nah. Common place in AZ.

IMO anyway. Having lived in CA for a good portion of my life, an AZ plate wouldn't cause me to think twice. And I didn't live in Southern California!

This is true. VERY common. I think about 50% of the population is from Cali these days! Just an aside but MN is also very common due to snowbirds.

Ok... so what do think took place when she arrived?

Was Travis sleeping?
Did she sneak in?

I think he was on his computer as per the computer forensic evidence at approx. 4:15am and Jodi did not sneak in. He let her in.

I'm still baffled as to how none of the roommates saw or heard her ... hard to prove but I'm convinced Arias knew the roommates' schedules inside and out and did not leave Travis' bedroom until the coast was clear the day of the murder.

Well I can tell you how this fellow is looking at Ms. LaViolette and Ms. Jodi - only I can't say it here because it would definitely result in a lengthy time out and I so need to vent.

Let me put t this way, I like giving my wife flowers at unusual times just out of the blue. Now I figure that must be or could be considered abuse because I hold the flower power. :furious:
:biggrin:

You're such a cad.

Then how can the sex pics be explained? They are hard coded in the camera's memory and both of them seemed pretty chill pre-murder.

She could have still shown up without his invitation. I doubt he thought when he saw her that she planned to kill him and if she got there at 4 or 5 in the morning, I can't see him turning her away. But, who knows? All we have is the word of a liar to piece these things together. ugh.

I seem to recall Wilmott responding via email to a teen courtwatcher fan. Why is her action less egregious than Juan's, who simply autographed a woman's cane. Juan, being a gentleman wouldn't refuse such an innocent request.

I had forgotten about this! That young girl was on Dr. Drew with KatieDDJ twice, I think, speaking about how she had emailed Wilmott expressing her admiration for her as a defence attorney, and that Wilmott had responded. The second time she was on she insinuated that they had corresponded more than once. However, given the way Drew cuts all his guests off mid-sentence that may have been erroneous.

I think I heard JSS say she would review Nurmi's motion some time next week, and now there is talk of her questioning another IS employee.

I wish Wilmott's interaction with that student could be brought to JSS' attention to expose Nurmi's hypocrisy and mean spirit.

I don't understand on what basis they (the DA) were allowed to state that TA was abusive. There is no evidence of this. They presented no evidence, no witnesses, nothing to collaborate such a horrible accusation apart from one "expert's" testimony about an email that was not even allowed in as evidence. Why did the judge allow them to make this accusation?

Is there any way to find out what the titles of the four books are that LaV sent to JA? Does the jail keep records? I am wondering if any of those books related to DV victims and/or PTSD etc.

I suspect that JM will get the titles during his cross of ALV.

I really think Juan will bring those books up during cross and get the titles. Also, I think this jury is highly intelligent and they may ask what the titles of the books are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny