trial day 40: the defense continues its case in chief #119

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALV says "come down" instead of "calm down". One of my pet peeves.

so im going over the testimony of the car rental guy,he says there were "kool aid stains" in the back and front passenger seats?! wth?!

pretty sure that was blood,but more to the point she just left it like that ?

Thanks Curious.

1. I hope that's wrong LOL.

2. :great:

3. Good point!

Thanks again. :seeya:

Please check my answer on previous page.
You can sue for wrongful death even if the person is not criminally convicted. And profit from writing a book pertains to Q3 not Q2. See previous page

It's an example social scientists use to explain how people easily will accept gradual pressures that build over time into untenable situations. It's supposed to be that if you put a frog in a pot of boiling water he'll jump out and live. But if you put him in cool water and slowly increase the temp over time he'll stay in the pot until he is literally cooked alive because, being cold blooded, he will adjust his internal temperature to that of the water around him, gradually, over time, and will not be able to detect the dangerous temperature.
Very much the way ALV must be feeling. I think she was up on the stand yesterday, started looking around, and said, "Hey! Where are all these bubbles coming from?"

if a person is a sociopath or psychopath, they are insane, correct?

No, that's not correct. In order to meet the definition of insanity, she would have to have been unaware that this crime she committed was wrong, illegal.

Not sure what mental illness would cover that, maybe schizophrenia? That nut Magnotta in Montreal was supposedly diagnosed as a paranoid schizophrenic some years ago, so his defense will be insanity no doubt.

JA knew what she was doing, knew it was wrong, tried to cover up her crime.

And she is a psychopath with BPD as well IMO. :seeya:

]I know when my ex was cheating on me and I found out he had taken his girlfriend to our favorite vacation spot and they ate at our favorite restaraunt I was heartbroken, furious, jealous...so many things I cannot name.[/B] Then I just decided that they were such losers that they could not even think of NEW things to do of THEIR own that they had to use my fav places, as these are places I introduced my ex to. I felt that they were not smart enough to find their own special places and it made me feel a little better. But I would totally understand if Jodi had been jealous of MIMI going to Cancun with Travis. To me that would seem the normal reaction, I have a hard time believing that jealousy never was a factor for her.

Is he just unoriginal or just that mean? That's creepy.

Although I once had a similar but not similar situation with a bff (female friend) who we had a BLAST exploring Las Vegas on all these wild "girl trips" (emphasis wild) and we had all our haunts we kept adding to each time where we always popped in, shared the same appetizer, had our same drink, knew the bartender, etc. We always made our rounds. Then she met her new man (how husband) and took him to Vegas and the rounds of all our places. I felt honestly quite bummed out about it. Like we had discovered those together...that was our little "Vegas tour". It wasn't the only way I'd felt I'd been just discarded/replaced. I don't understand why people do this kind of thing. I kind of keep things special to the person/place/thing attachment I think...I dunno, maybe I do this too but I can understand how that stung!

Anyway, back to the topic , Alyce LaViolette is a JOKE if she claims to know so many details and have every woman Travis ever dated commited to memory (creepy) yet claims there was NO jealousy on the part of JA. Skewed, biased, way too extreme. Please, JA has admitted herself she was jealous. PLEASE!

Lies Proven in Court
FWIW, JA had a strong reaction last week when she saw the defense witness list for rebuttal. “What is this?, What is this?” pointing to a piece of paper listing Robert Brown, Mesa Police Computer Forensics. Her reaction may have had to do with her sense of privacy being invaded, but I speculate she is aware of some very incriminating evidence not yet brought in as evidence.

I remember her looking at the paper and pointing. What I like to know is how did you know that it was the list for rebuttal? Just curious becuase that is interesting.

Still watching the testimony from yesterday and the jury must be SO over this by now. Rereading every single word from the journal of a LIAR. Waste, huge waste.

We don't know for sure if she decided that on her own or if she had great help from Juan Martinez. While it may be overstepping her boundaries as a judge to consult her actions, it would NOT be overstepping his boundaries as the Pros Atty to protect his vested interest. Anything out of her lips at this point would be out of his control and I dont take him as the kind of guy who leaves loose ends, not if he can help it.

I never once saw this as an action that didn't first come with much legal consultation. She was dismissed the morning of April 2, her statement came at the close of the following day. A lot happened in that 30+ hour span.

Hopefully in that 30 hours, she got much needed sleep! And then consulted a good attorney to write a book. Don't think JM would have contacted her at all.

I have seen a lot of posts saying she should have plead insanity, which I don't get at all. I don't see how she even approaches the legal definition of insanity.

I say she should have plead insanity b/c pleading insanity is a bit more believable. She may not fit the definition of true insanity but I think she is close enough to it. Also I think there is more evidence of her having something wrong with her mentally then her claims of self defense.

Very much the way ALV must be feeling. I think she was up on the stand yesterday, started looking around, and said, "Hey! Where are all these bubbles coming from?"

No kidding! Great analogy! And it's gonna start a fast boil here pretty soon and if the Gods are with me we will get to some kind of cross this afternoon. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease:please::please::please::please:

How did that pink tongue smiley sneak in there? LOL I'm keeping it that little interloper

There was no documented mental illness. She planned it out. Jodi wanted to plea to second degree. The state said no. Jodi never would have agreed to plea to first degree.

Marcia Clark among others have clearly states that Jodi knew
Right from wrong and knew she had done wrong....
Thus no insanity plea could be made

Dearest Journal,

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times .......

With Much Love to me.

Let's see. How can we stretch that out to 600 pages? A letter every other page? I bet Jodi can figure out a way ala her jailhouse magazine notes.

After watching the video of Jodi's parents and watching her mom in court every day! I have come to the conclusion that they really do believe Jodi snapped because either Travis had cheated on Jodi or led her astray. This is a good reason to meet the parents of someone you are dating. Know what their past is about because maybe he would have broken up with Jodi sooner. Although I believe she would have murdered him anyway, being the psycho that she is. Her parents likely cannot accept the Jodi that we all see as a non- human who slaughtered a man. I hold her defense team as totally responsible if she gets the death penalty for allowing her to plead self defense. There is no way this was self defense. She should have pled insanity and gotten LWOP. Her team knows she is insane. They are negligent. They have to live with that.

She isn't insane or even close. There is no documented mental health history to even give cause for insanity, such as with Andrea Yates or Jared Loughner who had severe mental illness histories. Personality disorders don't mean one is insane-if she indeed has one since there is no official dx. Even having mental illness does not mean that one can automatically plead insanity. Defendents do have rights in this country-the right to plead whatever they wish and they do not have to listen and do what counsel tells them to do. She isn't insane so they weren't going to push it. And I wouldn't presume to know what her parents are thinking...since there is a lot about the family dynamics we don't know and the full picture isn't totally out in the open yet.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Is he just unoriginal or just that mean? That's creepy.

Although I once had a similar but not similar situation with a bff (female friend) who we had a BLAST exploring Las Vegas on all these wild "girl trips" (emphasis wild) and we had all our haunts we kept adding to each time where we always popped in, shared the same appetizer, had our same drink, knew the bartender, etc. We always made our rounds. Then she met her new man (how husband) and took him to Vegas and the rounds of all our places. I felt honestly quite bummed out about it. Like we had discovered those together...that was our little "Vegas tour". It wasn't the only way I'd felt I'd been just discarded/replaced. I don't understand why people do this kind of thing. I kind of keep things special to the person/place/thing attachment I think...I dunno, maybe I do this too but I can understand how that stung!

Anyway, back to the topic , Alyce LaViolette is a JOKE if she claims to know so many details and have every woman Travis ever dated commited to memory (creepy) yet claims there was NO jealousy on the part of JA. Skewed, biased, way too extreme. Please, JA has admitted herself she was jealous. PLEASE!

Yes he was that mean...he was abusive in every way. They married on my birthday. Sorry you had to go through similar, it is just crappy people I guess. I got the feeling they were obsessed with hurting me.

Not an atty.
But pretty sure #2 is yes. And case is always stronger after a criminal conviction. Point is moot if she is penniless. Monetary aspect anyway.

#3 Each state is different. Don't know if AZ has law preventing this. If no such law, then OK. I think the states that have a law RE this, cannot ban a murderer from writing a book, but the state can take all profits, and such a state law often mandates profit be given to family of the murdered person.

#1 I do not know. A Q for an atty.

thank you shane.

IMO it would be a good idea for the Alexander family to file such a suit, despite her being penniless right now, just to have a judgement entered and on file in the event she ever does have money.

What you said about the state taking all the profits if a book is written by her is interesting! In effect that would recompense the state for the cost of her trial, etc.

thanks again!:seeya:

I know in my mind you are correct. But in my heart, how does one commit a slaughter like this? I was trying to express what the thoughts of the parents might be toward the defense team for allowing her to plead self defense. I mean, if a person is a sociopath or psychopath, they are insane, correct? That would have been her only chance. I am not even saying a jury would buy it, but self defense? Come on!!!

BTW, I am not defending her. It's just I see her DT as sleaze. I have no sympathy for Jodi Arias. Sure would hate to be her relative.

They were talking about that on Dr. Drew last night. They all admitted that yes, she had to have something mentally wrong with her to be able to do what she did. But, she knew right from wrong and showed that in how she tried to cover it up and avoid getting caught. So, since she knew right from wrong, she was not insane, just mentally messed up.

I watched a show last night that addressed the insanity defense. Most of the lawyers agreed it is hard to win an insanity case and that the evidence might not show she was insane at the time of the crime.

Such as.....3 gas cans, filling up gas using credit card and cash, bringing a gun (and knife?) to the house, cleaning up the scene, no cell phone use during time in AZ. Too much evidence showing premeditation.

Well that is Jodi's problem isn't it? I mean when you stab a guy 29 times, slit his throat, and shoot him in the head, don't think for ONE moment you are going to get a jury to believe it was self dense. She is going down! And so is her defense team and their "experts".

I know in my mind you are correct. But in my heart, how does one commit a slaughter like this? I was trying to express what the thoughts of the parents might be toward the defense team for allowing her to plead self defense. I mean, if a person is a sociopath or psychopath, they are insane, correct? That would have been her only chance. I am not even saying a jury would buy it, but self defense? Come on!!!

BTW, I am not defending her. It's just I see her DT as sleaze. I have no sympathy for Jodi Arias. Sure would hate to be her relative.

I agree all the clinical psych terms trip me up. I want to say she's nuts too. But I have to remember that the truth def of insanity is that the perp truly does not know their actions are wrong.

If she were insane, she wouldn't have gone to such great lengths to cover up the murder both *before* it happened as well as after. An insane person would have jus gone on with the business and left all the evidence behind. And I don't think insanity should be confused with intelligence.

Take Jared Loughner, for example- very likely to use plea of insanity. And will be a toss up there because from what I read he never once covered his tracks or created an alibi. His manifesto, his ammo purchases - all out in the open. I have to remind myself that is the diff between nutso and just plain self-absorbed evil- like I think Jodi is.

I think some people can be SO absorbed in themselves that it is so unnatural to the rest of us and therefore appears insane. But the reality may be that they are just hyper-intense ego-freaks and that could just be the simple truth of it.

I say she should have plead insanity b/c pleading insanity is a bit more believable. She may not fit the definition of true insanity but I think she is close enough to it. Also I think there is more evidence of her having something wrong with her mentally then her claims of self defense.

Legally, insanity is more like what we would call psychosis, as in delusional, intrusive irrational thoughts. Think son of Sam or Andea Yates (though I realize the jury found her guilty). Psychopathy, unless accompanied by paranoid schizophrenia, doesn't reach the legal requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24