Verdict Watch Thread Saturday July 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was very respectful the second day, answering West with, "Yes, Sir." So someone spoke to her about her attitude. I'm guessing her Mom. lol

One thing we should all consider is the fact that RJ did not want to testify. She is still affected by what happened and IMO she feels a lot of guilt because she was on the phone with him that night. Of course she did not know what was about to happen but she will always have to live with the fact that she was on the phone with him right before he died. No matter how many people tell her it was not her fault she will always feel some responsibility because he was on the phone and told her he did not want to run. Had he not tried to be macho with her and been off the phone he may have run and gotten home without GZ finding him. That is an awful burden for a young woman to carry for the rest of her life. jmo

I believed she was telling the truth.

She was very respectful the second day, answering West with, "Yes, Sir." So someone spoke to her about her attitude. I'm guessing her Mom. lol

One thing we should all consider is the fact that RJ did not want to testify. She is still affected by what happened and IMO she feels a lot of guilt because she was on the phone with him that night. Of course she did not know what was about to happen but she will always have to live with the fact that she was on the phone with him right before he died. No matter how many people tell her it was not her fault she will always feel some responsibility because he was on the phone and told her he did not want to run. Had he not tried to be macho with her and been off the phone he may have run and gotten home without GZ finding him. That is an awful burden for a young woman to carry for the rest of her life. jmo

That is certainly one theory on her guilt. However it is my opinion that she is hiding more that is contributing to her guilt. Maybe he told her he was gonna teach this guy a lesson, or maybe she knew he was running back, IDK what it was but something just screams that she is hiding something to me. All IMOO

I have to respectfully disagree with you my dear LambChop, I thought her use of "sir" was very sarcastic and way overused.

IMO

Don’t Believe Every Tweet You Read
Posted on July 1, 2013 by Richard Hornsby
(Hornsby is FLA attorney)

Because of some erroneous Tweeting going on in the Twitterverse, I keep receiving the following two recurring questions regarding George Zimmerman’s case:

Is Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child an available lesser offense; and
Does the 10-20-Life firearms enhancement still apply to a Manslaughter charge.

The answer to both of these questions is nope.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2013/07/dont-believe-every-tweet-you-read/

VERDICT is in if I heard that correctrly

Thanks for your thoughtful response! I agree that 99 percent of gun owners are responsible.

I'm just not so sure GZ was one of them....he certainly wasn't offering him a ride home because it was raining...he was suspicious, and spoke about how TM looked like he was up to no good and real suspicious.

IMO, it is more logical that GZ felt emboldened because he had a gun to follow TM and IMO, try to illegally detain him by showing his gun or grabbing him.

I wish with all my heart that there was stronger concrete evidence for one side or the other...

I totally respect your opinion of what happened though.

And you could be right about GZ! I don't know him. I don't know what is in his heart. But neither does the state or the Martins or anyone else. That's the problem.

The justice system doesn't care if the law if fair, it's the law! Fairness has to be addressed by legislatures. Besides my law professor said the Fair only comes around once a year and has nothing to do with legal decisions! Typical. Sad, but true.

Oh, and I read that the only difference in "Stand Your Ground" and the standard "no duty to retreat" state laws is that "Stand Your Ground" prevents ready??????? CIVIL LIABILITY. No wonder the attorneys hate it, lol.

So because GZ did not use SYG, he can be sued civilly. I am NOT SURE about this part - maybe that's why they have a SYG special hearing???

now
Jeff Weiner @JeffWeinerOS
Again, court spokeswoman confirms: #ZimmermanTrial verdict reached. No word on how soon it will be read. #GeorgeZimmerman #TrayvonMartin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana0990